zoloft?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tnovins, Sep 10, 2005.

1. tnovins

tnovins New Member

has low dose zoloft worked for anyone for the fibroyalgia?
  2. MKlady

MKlady New Member

My FFC doctor says the Effexor is better for Fibro, but I took Zoloft for years - was originally diagnosed with depression (now know it was Fibro and CFS) and Zoloft helped with the debilitating pain and fatigue until I started to get worse about a year ago.
  3. matthewson

matthewson New Member

I was on zoloft for 2 years and have since gone off of it. It did help with depression but didn't seem to help any with pain for me. I went off because it didn't seem to be making any difference and I didn't want to stay on it long term.

Have you tried tramadol? I take it with neurontin and it really helps with pain. It sort of has anti-depressant qualities. I found out how well it has been working for me today as I left for work without my pills. Spent the whole day working in agony! I came home and took them and promptly went to bed until they started working! I am finally feeling decent again!

Take care, Sally
  4. tnovins

tnovins New Member

I am so confused all the medicines have terrible side effects, and we all feel sick enough already, I am going to try Zoloft tonight, I tryed Lexapro last night and it made me feel almost crazy, my mind as racing. I dont want a drug that can do that to me.I also have a prescription for Flexaril. I hate to take any thing I think all this stuff is bad for you, but I guess I have to because I am not funtioning right now (To sick). good luck to all of you.
  5. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Hi tnovins:

I have been on Prozac, Paxil and Zoloft. Been on Zoloft 100mg now for 3 years. Has helped with the depression but not with anything else.

I am going to ask my doctor to take me off it as I have read something recently that I had no idea. One of the side affects is breast enlargement and breast tenderness. Well my breasts got big enough while I was on estrogen for 10 years and now I notice even more so, plus they always hurt. Also weight gain has been an issue. I am going to go back to Prozac 20 mg.

Good luck and God Bless.

Hugs,
    Francey

[This Message was Edited on 09/10/2005]