Zopiclone 7.5 mg

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by charlie21, Nov 15, 2006.

1. charlie21

charlie21 New Member

I have been on zopiclone 7.5 mgs for about three weeks now, and sleep very well on it, get 8 hours, was 1-3. I have been in a bad flare for a couple of days, and even though I have had my full 8 hours, I am still very tired. Don't know whether it is the zopiclone doing it or the flare. Just seems strange after being in it for three weeks to be suddenly very tired. Charlie
  2. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

i was on that for a while, too. Even though I felt like I slept on, I was still just as tired as if I'd had no sleep.

I don't think it gets us into any deep sleep - just makes the time go faster.

Stopped taking it, because I wasn't feeling better and the metallic taste was awful!

good Luck
    Sue
  3. balletdancer74

balletdancer74 New Member

Hi,

I was prescribed Zopiclone six years ago. It helped me a lot more than Ambien. Zopiclone, while being a sleeping aid, also has muscle relaxant properties.

I still don't get restorative sleep, but do any of us with CFIDS/M.E. and/or FM? It's a tough one.

I usually get side effects from everything - foods, meds, scents, etc., but Zopiclone has been helpful.

However, I stopped it almost a year ago cold turkey with no withdrawal. I didn't need it for a while and just recently, I'm tossing and turning more than usual and awakening at 6:00 am...could be my hormonal level as I have a small pituitary tumor...

Anyway, I just wanted to share my experience (es) with Zopiclone. So few people know about it since it's not available in the U.S.

I hope your feeling of being tired passes and is not due to the medication. Talk to your doctor if it persists.

Best,
    LB32 (Leeza)
  4. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

I'm not sure but I think that zoplicone is the same as Lunesta, which it's called in the US.

Maybe someone can chime in who knows for sure.

sue
  5. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

are similar, Lunesta is called Eszopiclone. My pharmacist explained to me that Lunesta is longer acting and has a better effect. Which would be better for those of us who are waking up all the time.

Lunesta isn't available in Canada, of course. It seems when there is a drug that sounds good, you can't get it where you live!

Raz

I am taking 1 1/2 tablets of the 7.5mgs of Zopiclone, and if I have any caffinee that evening, even THAT doesn't work for me. I am exhausted.
  6. survivor13

survivor13 New Member

hi charlie
    i have taken zopiclone 7.5 for years now and i do know that after the initial first month period your body gets used to it slightly and the effect is not as quick to take effect. after a while of taking it the time it takes you to fall asleep gets longer too but i cannot sleep without it,get no side effects and certainly know when i have forgotten to take it as i dont sleep at all so you carry on with what you are comfortable with yourself mate,if it helps it helps,sleep is important and without it all symptoms are personified.
    i wish you health and happiness......................xxxx
  7. charlie21

charlie21 New Member

Hello there and a Happy New Year to you. I am still on the Zopiclone 7.5 mgs, but I get the feeling that I will not be allowed to be on them long term by my doctor. I sleep very well with them, and have tried a couple of times recently to manage on my own. So far managing on my own only gives me three hours sleep, before I am up again or it starts off a panic attack. I am on another drug to try to sort that one out. I am currently in a six week remission, but know it is still hiding there somewhere because I can still press on those tender points which hurt like hell and sting. Will enjoy being pain free, and this is the second remission in 8 years, the last one being for about three weeks. Hope you are having a painfree time yourself just now, and hope this year they will find a cure. Charlie