zoya19 or anyone from Kingston, Ontario Canada

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lorna99, Mar 31, 2006.

1. lorna99

lorna99 New Member

zoya19
    Read you were from Kingston as I am.

Was wondering who you see for your Fibro.

My family Dr. said I have it but no tests done and just trying to cope on my own with help from this board.

You or anyone else from this area tell me who is good to go and see that understands this illness.

Lorna
    [This Message was Edited on 03/31/2006]
  2. lorna99

lorna99 New Member

3. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

Lorna ... I am in Kingston.
    There are no exact tests that pinpoint fibromyalgia .. other than the pain points .. I have seen a rheumatologist here in Kingston .. almost next to useless .. my family GP has done a much better job ...
    I was diagnosed in 2003 but have had it much longer than that .. only came to the head when my thyroid went nuts ..
    Is your GP doing anything for you .. pain meds .. etc ... ?
    I'll check back later to see if you saw this !
    Joy
  4. lorna99

lorna99 New Member

Glad to hear from someone else from Kingston

Thinking about going to Dr. Best in Toronto or there is a person in Ottawa.

Thought maybe should go to rhumegolgist first but if you had no luck not sure.

Who did you go to see so I don't go to the same person.

I need help with people who know this disease to go over all the herbal remedies I am taking on my own to see what is good and what may interfere.

Lorna
  5. lorna99

lorna99 New Member

What group did you go to for support and why Dr. Kerr

Glad to hear from other people like myself around Kingston.

Could you please reply to this thread with information.

Lorna
  6. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

Yes ! I would really appreciate more information myself .. that would be great ! .. I too take herbal and vit supplements and worry if I'm over doing it or if a combination might be wrong .. I think we should be referred to a nutritionist .. my doctor had a gal in Napanee to go to .. but there has to be a contact here in Kingston.

My experience with Dr. Brouillard was not good .. I had seen him before a few years ago .. and he was more helpful then .. but now I think either he is "burnt out" or just doesn't care any more because this is so overwhelming to try and treat .. I'm not saying he is a bad doctor .. but I find him very inaffective for help now .. I had so many questions and did not feel he had the time or interest to listen to me ..
    My GP is more help now ...

So .. if this thread continues I would be really thankful for more information about our area and what help we can get !

Thanks ! Joy : )
  7. lorna99

lorna99 New Member

8. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

9. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

Rick ... YOU made my day .. month .. YEAR !
    I think that I'm too hard on myself when I find a doctor that is LACKING .. I think that it is me and I expect too much .. I can't tell you how great I feel reading what you wrote and I am so grateful ! Thank you !
    Also about the contact information !! I will call today and find out what I can ... THANK YOU SO MUCH !! Joy : )
  10. lorna99

lorna99 New Member

From another Kingstonian thank you for this information.

I was afraid maybe you would not get back to us and I certainly will follow up.

Lorna
  11. lorna99

lorna99 New Member

Made appointment with Dr. Kerr for April 28th.

Going to Dianes tomorrow to pick up book they have for $7.

Telling you all the information.

Can't thank you enough for these referrels.

Hope at last

Lorna
  12. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

Rick .. I had a feeling it was weird that he had to leave in the middle of an appointment to "listen to some one's heart?" ... but his over all attitude was just ridiculous and when I see my GP on Monday I'm going to tell her EVERYTHING .. I'm not going back to him EVER !
    I haven't called the support group yet .. I have had a bad flare .. it is scary how the changing weather is knocking me down with such pain and stiffness ..
    BUT .. I am going to call and see what can be done ! ..
    Again .. thank you so MUCH Rick !
    Will let you know how things go too !
    Joy : )
  13. lorna99

lorna99 New Member

Met with Diane to-day and purchased book her support group has made that outlines all the things to try.

Diane was very helpful and plan on going to the support meeting first monday of the month.

She said more men do attend.

Believe it or not Fudge43 and I were at Dianes at the same time.

They have a methed that has proved very sucessful of smelling the different vitamins in there pure form and if sweet smelling you need it-neutral a little and stinky do not.

Fudge43 and I tried the test and proved very helpful.

Thank you again for her number.

14. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

Hey Lorna ! .. You are faster than I am getting back to Rick .. after I left Diane's we had a few errands to do .. I came back home pooped ! haha ... Plus that was a lot of information to digest .. it will take a few days for me to get it straight in my head .. maybe some chocolate would help it go down ? hahaha

Again .. thank you very much Rick for the information to reach Diane .. fingers crossed this will help !
    Joy : )