Zyflamend

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TaniaF, Jun 10, 2003.

1. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

Has anyone tried zyflamend? It is supposed to be a natural Cox-2 inhibitor? Herbs and chinese meds that work the same way as Vioxx or Celebrex. Wondered if anyone has had luck with it and is it easier on the stomach?
    Tania
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Most of us have found Celebrex and Vioxx to be of limited value for our kind of pain, so an herbal eqivalent would most likely alsy be of limited value.

FMS is not considered to be an inflammatory illness. That doesn't mean we might not have some inflammation in our bodies which these meds might help, but for the most part, they are not very effective for our pain.

Love, Mikie
  3. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

What is reactive arthritis? I guess I forgot to mention in my post above that I do have arthritis in my finger joints and this is getting worse. I'm 51 and my hands look like I'm in my 70's. Was thinking of going back to my rheumy but all he will do is hand me Vioxx, like the rest of my doctors. I have samples for a year, but I hesitate to take this type of med, especially just for my hands. I wasn't aware of other arthritis types other than osteo or RA.
    Tania
  4. BethM

BethM New Member

I tried Zyflamend, both the daytime and PM versions. Not sure if they helped or not, as they irritated my stomach lining. I have GERD (along with the FMS and the rest of it, sigh), and the ginger in the product was too strong for me. I can take it occasionally, but that doesn't do any good. I prefer not to do the wake up with stomach pain at 3:00 a.m., thank you!

I know FMS isn't inflammatory, but osteoarthritis is, so I suppose that is what is to be helped. I took Celebrex until it started tearing up my stomach lining, and then stopped it. I felt good on the Celebrex, but it's not worth the nausea and stomach pain. It also made me short of breath, but I never told the doctor that...

We need some sort of supplement exchange program. I'd like to give the Zyflamend a new home, since I can't use it!

Peace,
    Beth.