Recent content by jole | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

Recent content by jole

1. J

What are ME/CFS signals that help you to know when to stop?

Hi all....I'm sorry Leah isn't here anymore..I really did enjoy her, and know how isolated her world is. Not sure why all the posts are gone either. Years back when someone left, their posts were deleted, but the rest stayed. It was kinda comical to read and try to get the gist of some...
  2. J

EMG anyone?

Thank you, Barry. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Just haven't been on the computer, but I do appreciate your answer, and am sorry you have all these extra problems. Honestly, I don't know what to wish for...an answer somehow seems like it would be wonderful, but maybe ignorance really...
  3. J

EMG anyone?

I saw my fibro doc yesterday and he set me up for an EMG with a neurologist. I'm not expecting anything but the 'normal' results of nearly every other test. Just wondered if any of you have had an EMG that actually showed anything? He seems to think I may have a muscle disorder other than FM.
  4. J

What are ME/CFS signals that help you to know when to stop?

Soul...I'm glad you've found signs to go by, and that pacing helps you. It helped me for a few years also, but not any more, and I honestly can't even give any signs. GB...your story makes me cry because it's so closly related to mine, and I want to thank you for posting your symptoms. The...
  5. J

THE PORCHLIGHT VOLUME 698 IS CLOSED

Sun, I remember when my mother had cancer, and how hard it was on her. As much as we can guide and make suggestions, the ultimate decisions on their treatments and care comes down to them. She chose to stop the chemo after the first treatment because the cancer had already metastacized. The...
  6. J

THE PORCHLIGHT VOLUME 698 IS CLOSED

Hello my friends~ It's not that I don't think of you, but just no energy. I thought I'd caught a cold and have been down for nearly two weeks. I don't have major allergies to pollens, so think it was a cold. However, hubby and DD/grands never caught it from me. My normal 'lack' of energy...
  7. J

PORCHLIGHT VOLUME 694 IS NOW OPEN

You busy, busy ladies :) Makes me feel like I'm doing something just by reading...thank you!! Julie, your reunion at your farm sounds like it will be great. My brother had one at his farm, and we've talked about it here, but we don't have a big shed that's free. It's sure a lot cheaper...
  8. J

PORCHLIGHT VOLUME 693 IS CLOSED

Hi gang! I do try to keep up nearly every day with all of you, but usually don't have anything to say :( Trying to clean house a bit today since my brother and his SO are coming to visit in a couple days. I love him 'cause he's my brother, but he's also the type I don't always like...
  9. J

PORCHLIGHT VOLUME 693 IS CLOSED

Hello everyone......sorry I haven't been here. This winter has been horrible for my pain. It seems like it's been front after front coming through. BUT I had two days this past month that I felt well enough to 'remember' what it was like to feel well :) I managed to get some meals made and...
  10. J

PORCH VOLUME 689 IS NOW CLOSED

Hi all....... Sun, I'm so sorry to hear about your DH. He will be in my prayers, as will you. There will be hard days ahead, so hopefully along the road you can make some very special happy 'moments'. You might even (or he) want to keep a journal. I've found journaling to be a good...
  11. J

PORCHLIGHT VOLUME 687 IS NOW CLOSED

Short note just to say hi today. We had more snow last night, and that always brings on worse pain/fatigue. Mikie, I'm anxious to hear about your "Women of Ireland" concert, and wish I were going with you :) Rock, for some reason I have times of very itchy skin also. No new meds, but the...
  12. J

PORCHLIGHT VOLUME #686 IS NOW CLOSED

LOL.....Rock, you sure know how to make a person's day...too funny! I love the 'supplement' and the orca-stra. Sunflowers are sooo pretty, and we use to have fields full of them in Ks. But with all the weed killers used these days, they've almost done away with the sunflowers in some areas...
  13. J

PORCHLIGHT VOLUME #686 IS NOW CLOSED

Hope you're all having a good enough day. We woke up to sleet hitting the windows this morning. Our snow is gone which doesn't hurt my feelings any, especially since they've all been very dry this winter. We need the moisture so bad, but that white stuff doesn't do any good if there's no...
  14. J

The Porchlight Vol. 685 NOW CLOSED

Me again.. with a question. Saw the cardiologist yesterday and he wants to do a heart cath. Has anyone here had one? I've had all the other heart tests..echo, stress test, etc. and everything was fairly normal. But since my dad and brother both died of heart attacks he thinks he needs to do...
  15. J

The Porchlight Vol. 685 NOW CLOSED

Hi all.... what a busy bunch you are! Driving, watching sky divers, reading, going for tests, baking, and swimming!! Mikie, you sound like you're doing sooo much better than I remember. Good for you! Leah, I love apple pie, especially warm with a dip of ice cream on top :) And you're not...