Recent content by Mikie | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

Recent content by Mikie

1. Mikie

PORCH # 1185 IS OPEN NOW 25 FEB 2020

Good Wednesday Morning, Kids, It's sprinkling outside. Supposed to rain this morning and have the sun peek out this afternoon. Then, we get the big rains tonight. Don't know whether I'll be able to pull up the invasive ferns or not. I desperately want to finish over on the other side before...
  2. Mikie

Hi, Kids, Just waiting for Jeopardy to start. My FMS was causing such pain that I had to soak in a hot tub. Cleaning the sidewalks was too hard on this old bod. My watch rewarded me with a red sparkler circle and a green one. I feel better than I have in ages but don't want to do too much...
  3. Mikie

Hi, Kids, What a morning. Joe came over early to show me his lip. It was swollen like before a cold sore but there was no tingling, itching or pain. I told him to put ice on it and call his doc. When I left for Publix to get more bleach, I ran into Janie downstairs; she is a nurse. She...
  4. Mikie

Good Tuesday Morning, Kids, Slept well last night. I finished my book and started another one. There are five more books that continue the story of the one I just finished. It was good but not good enough to read five more. I need to touch up the sidewalks and that chore is done. I would...
  5. Mikie

PORCH 1184 IS NOW CLOSED (2/20/20)

Hi, Kids, Finished getting the sidewalks cleaned. I had to wear a back brace. Good thing I have two because I couldn't find one of them. See, Rock, you're not alone. My pulse was 135 when I finished but it recovered fast, unlike yesterday. I may have to do a light washing in spots that need...
  6. Mikie

Home again, home again... Styled and sprayed my hair and put on some makeup so as not to scare anyone. I ran up to Publix for milk and a few other things. I need some meat protein and thought I might get some kind of steak. Beef is an arm and a hoof these days so got two pork chops on sale...
  7. Mikie

Good Monday Morning, Kids, All is well. It's 60 degrees out already and will get to almost 80. After a few warm days, we will get another cold front and the temps will take a dive. No wonder we can't get well. My pulse is 80 so I'm not worried unless I have another spell. I'm going to go...
  8. Mikie

Hi, Kids, Just stopping in to let y'all know I'm okay. My pulse in near 80 and I was able to do an ekg with a sinus rhythm. Dennis sent Grace up to check on me. Said he would do the dishes for her. Janie just called to check. I have the best neighbors. Haven't told Joe and won't unless...
  9. Mikie

Hi, Kids, Been resting. I went down and dug up the shrimp plants. Grace's husband, Dennis, swept the dirt off the sidewalk while I took the bushes down to the dumpster. It was nearly full and I struggled to get them to stay inside. My chest started to hurt and I had some black spots in...
  10. Mikie

Good Sunday Morning, Kids, Another cold morning--55 degrees out. I have a sinus headache so need to go take something for it. Waiting for the real newspaper to land on the balcony. We have a new delivery guy and he comes later. I can always start reading it online. Instead of subscribing...
  11. Mikie

Hi, Kids, It was down into the 50's this morning so stayed inside and took a nap. It's in the 70's now but don't know that I'm up to yard work. It's hard on the best of days. I'm streaming a Jack Ryan movie. They are pretty good. Gordon, love cilantro; wish I lived near you. You and...
  12. Mikie

Good Saturday Morning, Kids, Woke early this morning coughing and with a sore throat. Had my trusty Fisherman's Friend cough drops (thanks, Sun). It was too raw out yesterday to work in the yard. Glad I stayed inside. It will be a bit warmer today so am hoping I can make a dent in the...
  13. Mikie

Hi, Kids, So good to drop in and see all the posts but I do hate it when our Porchies are suffering. The weather outside is even uglier than earlier. Gads! We aren't used to this. I've done a bit of cleaning, run the DW and did two loads of laundry. That's not much but I'm not feeling up to...
  14. Mikie

Hi, Kids, Above post is a bit W&Pish so decided to post here. Not too much to tell. Grace said the electrician put a new light in her fixture and it's too bright. I went down and put in a new one. The new woman called Grace yesterday to ask why a man was messing with her light fixture. She...
  15. Mikie

Good Friday Morning, Kids, Didn't get much sleep last night but I did rest most of yesterday. Claudia's stomach was also upset and we both blame it on our meals at Perkin's. I love Perkin's but something didn't sit well. Grace sent a pic to my phone yesterday. I couldn't figure out what she...