Recent content by Mikie | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

Recent content by Mikie

1. Mikie

PORCH 1206 IS NOW OPEN (6/29/20)

Hi, Kids, Just watched another stupid movie on HULU. Netflix has better movies than HULU and Prime but I need HULU in lieu of cable and I need Prime for books and free shipping on Amazon. Oh well, I had nothing better to do today anyway. I cleaned up the kitchen and put away the left over...
  2. Mikie

Hi, Gordon, I got out of the website by accident and it wouldn't let me log back in. Doh!!! Something about cookies. I messed around and somehow got back. So, this is the first time ever that I am using an air fryer. It's a strange contraption, a lid that fits on the Instant Pot to turn it...
  3. Mikie

Hi, Rock, I'm laughing about your Dad's offering the cop a beer. Ah, small town America. We were friendly with the cops; one was a detective on the force. Our town was around 35,000, small enough to know almost everybody but large enough to have parades and other important events. I made an...
  4. Mikie

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY, DEAR PORCHIES! I slept nine hours last night. Woo Hoo! I did get up twice but went right back to sleep. I didn't watch any Fourth shows last evening. I was tired and fell right to sleep after FJ. Claudia got it for us. News says some vintage P51 Mustangs from WWII...
  5. Mikie

Hi, Granny, The butternut squash is a winter squash with orange meat. The outside is pale yellow or beige and is long with one end's being fatter than the other. I prefer acorn squash but this one was delicious. I think they can be boiled but baking them over time really brings out the...
  6. Mikie

Hi Again, Kids, My sweet neighbor brought another box, this time with veggies and fruit. It's mostly stuff that won't go bad easily. The veggies are the same as last time. I am roasting a butternut squash now. There are beautiful pears and apples and some oranges. I'll be sharing them...
  7. Mikie

Hi, Kids, Been doing a few things around here. I took some Aleve because of my knee and sciatica. I decided to look in one of my storage bins to see whether I have a knee brace. I had two so put one on but it made my knee hurt even worse so took it off. The silver lining is that I cleaned...
  8. Mikie

Good Friday Morning, Dear Porchies, Got seven hours of sleep and am so happy. I pray for good sleep for everyone. I've been so inert with this painful knee. It hurts when I walk. It hurts when I don't walk. The constant pain starts the FMS cascade and everything that touches me makes me...
  9. Mikie

Hi, Kids, Just finished styling my mop. I had trimmed a bit more off the lower part of the back and I like it better. I'm always trimming off a bit here and a bit there. SV is out on the lanai poaching himself in the heat and humidity. It seems to agree with him. Probably because he and...
  10. Mikie

Hi, Rock, I posted about Vera Lynn when she died and also posted two videos--one, We'll Meet Again and the other, White Cliffs of Dover. If you click on the Home Page (upper left side in the strip at the top of this screen), click on Porch 1204 (listed under Latest Posts on the right hand side...
  11. Mikie

PORCH 1204 IS NOW CLOSED (6/17/20)

Boosting this Porch for Rock.
  12. Mikie

Good Thursday Morning, Kids, I'm up but not bright eyed and bushy tailed. Even my bushy tailed little friend isn't all that frisky this morning. I got seven hours of sleep so am thankful for that. I was so exhausted and on edge from the pain in my knee last night that I dropped right off...
  13. Mikie

Hi, Sun, I have posted here that The Good Old Days weren't all that good but I think Carl Reiner and his group are/were good people. So many have said that in their tributes to him, his work and his life. DSIL and his family knew him and admired him. Yes, many celebs have their secrets and...
  14. Mikie

Good Hump Day Morning, Kids, It's 79 degrees out at 5:30 in the morning. Gonna be another hot one. We got a wee bit of rain yesterday afternoon so it didn't quite get to 95. The A/C was able to keep up. It's already running now. My ex told me he can no longer handle heat so is staying put...
  15. Mikie

Hi, Sun, Yep, one and the same. Guess politics and sex are the main activities there. This was a confrontation between two different groups. Some were interviewed in the 2016 election and they were nasty and mean back then. Some of the online posts are equally ramped up and nasty. People...