Recent content by rockgor | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

Recent content by rockgor

1. R

PORCH 1184 IS NOW OPEN (2/20/20)

Another good voice you might not have heard is that of Ken Curtis. Ken played Festus on Gunsmoke. Tommy Smothers was an expert with a yoyo. Also did an excellent silent impersonation of Johnny Carson. Steve Martin is whiz at tap dancing. Ya just never know what talent some of these folks are...
  2. R

Hi Kids, It's around midnight here. Just finished listening to Bonnie Guitar sing a beautiful song she wrote. Title is The Sands of Rosa Rita. It's on Youtube. If you haven't heard a beautiful voice or a great new song for awhile, check it out.
  3. R

Hi Kids When I woke up this morning my knee was bothering me again. So when I went downstairs Gordon was watching the news. I told him my knee was acting up again. I'd better get my own knee brace. Gordon picked up a small box and tossed it to me. Inside was a knee brace. Woke up from a...
  4. R

Hi Kids, have been on Youtube for the last hour or two. Here's a bit of humor I found. "My Wife wanted two kitten. But I am the man of this house. So we got two kittens." There's a photo of a tombstone that says, "I finally kicked the habit". The caption says Tombstones with mysterious...
  5. R

Hi Kids, Julie, "Since your Dad and I are getting serious," made me lol; Really. Glad to hear your table legs showed up. Did you open the door and say, "Walk Right In?" It's just Gordon who does all the cilantro growing and distributing. Yesterday a woman we don't know saw a woman...
  6. R

hey mikie, during a power blackout, do you think Alexa would say....HELP, I'M MELTING!!!! just wondering.... still busy passing out the all cilantro that came up this year. usually i'll make a bed up, sow the seeds, and hope for the best. this past year i got lazy and just scattered all the...
  7. R

Hi kids, Been up most of the night. Don't know if I slept or not. Mikie, your mention of Fannie Flagg inspired me to see if she had any new books. I tried to check an old one out, but couldn't do it. There don't seem to be any instructions on how to achieve this goal. I looked up...
  8. R

Hi Kids Once again I got confused with day and night. Thought it was late afternoon, but then saw Gordon was watching a night time show. I spent the day sleeping, reading, and on the computer. Mostly watched animal films on You Tube. The stray animals begging for help are so sad. But in all...
  9. R

Hi Kids Gordon just left with two bags of books to return to the library. He was there a day or two ago. The librarian told him she couldn't give him a receipt for the books he was returning. So he didn't return them. Better to pay a small fine than the cost of replacing a book. They add...
  10. R

His kids Have been meaning to tell you for the last 2 months that the teacup magnolia trees are in bloom again. The flowers last a long time. We have two trees; one on the east side of the house and one on the west. The ones on the East say Hello; the ones on the West say Howdy. Mikie...
  11. R

Hi Folks We are just back from grocery shopping. All worn out from lugging the stuff in and putting it away. Kitty greeted us. She gave one of the little warble sounds she makes now and then. I think she's trying to purr. Poor thing was a full grown street cat when she adopted us...
  12. R

PORCH 1183 IS NOW CLOSED (2/12/20)

Hi Springwater If you'd like to tour some cities, you can do so on You Tube. You can also tour closed Shopping Malls, abandoned houses, ghost towns, ancient buildings and various castles and palaces, Also caves like the one where I was a teenage guide. Well, we tried the new library...
  13. R

Hi Mikie I discovered something new yesterday. I watched "Let's Look at Florida 1950" on Youtube. And they have several other videos about Florida. Very likely you already knew that, but I thought I'd mention it. Glad to hear you and SV are OK. Falls are pretty scary for us old folks...
  14. R

Hi Ya All I've been on Youtube much of the morning. Watching videos about animals and history. Gordon has run off to do some errands including distributing cilantro. One lady from Chinatown who does not understand English took a bag. Since she didn't know what to do with it she threw it...
  15. R

Morning Kids, Mikie, I never heard that people buy mattresses on President's Day. I looked it up. Read that the mattress people have the sale because next month they bring out the new models. That makes more sense to me if we are talking about cars. There aren't a lot of things to change on a...