Recent content by rockgor | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

Recent content by rockgor

1. R

PORCH 1272 IS NOW OPEN (7/21/21)

Good Morning, Folks. Had an exciting day yesterday. I was talking to Gordon and fell down. He brought a cane and told me to use it. I went down stairs shortly thereafter and forgot about using a cane. But I think it would be more dangerous to use a cane on the stairs anyway. Oh yeah...
  2. R

PORCH 1272 IS NOW OPEN (7/21/21)

Hi kids, Just came in from tending to the cat. You tube has lots of pet videos. When I was a kid we sometimes had brief interruptions of electric power. The power usually came back before the rain quit. My mother loved the double rainbows. We would all go outside to see same. Haven't seen...
  3. R

PORCH 1271 IS NOW CLOSED (7/14/21)

Hi Kids, It's 3:50 AM Here in California. I frequently ask Gordon if it's day or night cause I don't know. I sleep much of the day. Gordon keeps the house and does the laundry and the shopping. I do next to nothing. But there was a time long ago when I did all the housework and laundry...
  4. R

PORCH 1271 IS NOW CLOSED (7/14/21)

Hi Kids Just finished two John Sanford books. Haven't read one for years with the library being closed so often. At present It's sorta open now and then plus new rules and regulations. Gordon and I have been watching the new TV show called Rizzoli and Isles. Dr Isles is Sasha Alexander who...
  5. R

PORCH 1270 IS NOW CLOSED (7/8/21)

sun, i asked that question and the dr said, "age". i hope nothing else happens again but how would i know? i didn't feel any pain, saw any lights or lost any vision, just experienced a larger than normal floater in my eye. if the tear was not caught, it could had affected the eye and possibly...
  6. R

hello everyone, well here's is the SHORT VERISON story about my floaters and the eye examine i had last tuesday. i went in thinking they'll find the beginning of some cataract or a form of glaucoma. after they dilated my eyes and after several exam the dr found i had a small tear on the left...
  7. R

Hi Kids, Gordon just got back from the market. I just got back from petting kitty and giving her some milk. Only recently has she begun to drink a little of same. She also has become interested in my new shoes. She keep sniffing them and rubbing her face on the smooth leather. She's been...
  8. R

Hello, Kids Gordon told me yesterday I had to do two things. One was post here. I tried, but ran into the old problem. On which line do I start my post. I have Alzheimer's now, so hard to type anything. I once had a fabulous memory. Alas, no more. But since I don't work or go to...
  9. R

PORCH 1269 IS NOW CLOSED (7/1/21)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKIE. so glad to hear that the storm passed without much damage to the area. thanks to all for your birthday wishes for rock. he'll be most please. will come back at another time to re-live the 4 hour ordeal with the TWO eye doctor. thank goodness my sister and...
  10. R

PORCH 1269 IS NOW CLOSED (7/1/21)

hello everyone, good to see everyone enjoyed the holiday. it's been in the 80's the past week - not too hot yet but hot enough for me. i hope all the fireworks will now stop. people here started shooting them a month ago. where do they get the money to buy them? mikie, do contact your dr...
  11. R

PORCH 1268 IS NOW CLOSED (6/25/21)

hello to everyone, well, we got back from rock's follow-up visit with the dr.(won't go into the drama involved in getting him there). the dr. was glad to hear of rock's efforts in controlling his sugar intake and encourged him to continue. rock was told if improvement wasn't made he would...
  12. R

PORCH 1266 IS NOW CLOSED (5/11/21)

sun, yes, it's gonna be hot this week and like you i'd take a cold winter day to any summer heat. i went to wal-mart's website this morning and ordered some sugar free items for rock, chocolate sauce, cookies and 2 type of candy. he said he'd give it a try. good sport. he has his follow-up...
  13. R

sun, please do not get up on the ladder!!! glad the pool guy will be able to help you change the bulbs. i usually wait til my brother comes over if i need any help. we've change over to the newer bulbs (more expensive) and i'm told they will last longer. don't remember their name. speaking...
  14. R

good morning everyone, well, i guess rock had the DTs wednesday night. he complaint that there wasn't anything to eat in the icebox. i told him there was chicken soup and a piece of bake chicken and asked what else did he want to eat. he said there was NO chocolate milk or coke. told him i...
  15. R

PORCH 1265 IS NOW CLOSED (6/5/21)

hello to everyone, i took my car in yesterday for the recall. my appt was for 11am so i went earlier just in case of any paperwork that needs to be done. i asked if it was going to take the whole 3 - 4 hr to complete. was advised that it was only going to take 1 - 1 1/2 hr as this was 'my'...