Recent content by roge | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

Recent content by roge

1. R

Deep REM Sleep and Protein

just to let you know rem sleep is not deep sleep it is actually shallow based on brainwaves. it is NON rem (stage 3 and 4) or slow wave sleep that is the deepest sleep one can get and often that those with FM and ME/CFS are lacking and it is slow wave sleep that is physically restorative...
  2. R

Physician in/near Buffalo, NY to prescribe Xyrem

actually GHB (xyrem) is naturally found in the human body so I would rather take that than many of the other prescription sleep drugs on a long term basis. only problem is xyrem is very expensive - rediculously expensive in fact for a naturally occuring compound in the human body - it was...
  3. R

fibromyalgia, so what do they know?

pretty good findings actually and I am glad they focused on the peripheral and soft tissue abnormalities that many don't and I am not sure why as I believe it is the peripheral dysfunction that is affecting the CNS (ie. sensitization). you can also add low ATP (backed by studies) in the...
  4. R

Insomnia

remember Vit D is a hormone and amongst its many fucntions helps the immune system especially with fighting bacteria and many with fm and me/cfs have chronic stealth bacterial infections so VIt D might be causing the immune system to go after the bacteria and increase cytokines and that can make...
  5. R

Post good CANADIAN Doctors!

dr bested is one of the few good doctors for fm and me/cfs and I assume you saw her in Toronto. she is now in vancouver I am not aware of any others. Canada is terrible for doctors treating these diseases. I live in Ottawa and I am on my own - well me and my GP. yes there are...
  6. R

Doctor prescribed Lipitor/Synthroid

make sure you take CoQ10 (very important coenzyme for muscles) as Lipitor depletes it Im very surprised your doctor did not mention to take CoQ10 or did he? you should be ok with the synthroid - curious what did your dr. test for thryoid and what were the results some do not do well with...
  7. R

Wrongly diagnosed for 2 years - see real cause

but a psoas is not going to cause all the many symptoms of FM - please
  8. R

foot spasms/cramping?

anyone else have them ? oh ya - this is one of the main symptoms of Fibro - muscle spasms make sure u r getting enough magnesium and calcium as low mag can cause spasms and low calcium can cause cramps. of course many other things can as well. I would imagine our muscles are so tight that...
  9. R

Antibiotic Bactrim helping my fibromyalgia...possible misdiagnosis???

I believe many with FM are dealing with chronic stealth infections (bacteria, fungi and virus) so that is why an antibiotic could be helping you
  10. R

Happy Birthday Patrick Kelly (hubcap halo)

hi , is the guy who committed suicide? if so , so sad and rest in peace my friend also, what was his user name - was it hubcap? i have been here since 2007 but dont post as much but i remember a guy with that ID or something similar and he had some great posts he mentioned how he had long...
  11. R

Clenched hands/fist problem

I do not think it is psychological at all but rather an abnormal neuro muscular system you know we just cant relax the muscles I clench my toes, cross my legs very tight and most times im not even aware of it until my wife says why are you curling your toes [This Message was Edited on...
  12. R

** CFS HOPE FOR TREATMENT** FDA AMPLIGEN PETITION -Raise your voices!

great post csavvy. this is more about the severe patient having the right to choose to take a drug based on benefit/risk especially considering the panel said it was safe. Simply deplorable if the FDA doesnt approve this at least conditionally. Lets all sign this and get as many of our...
  13. R

tennis elbow pain for months

prp is actually a type of prolotherapy as I see it was also mentioned by another poster. with prolo - an irritant is injected where as with prp - one is actually injecting one's own blood (Ie. platelets). note: tendons have very very little bloodflow to them and why they are real stubborn...
  14. R

work for some but for most they do not - help short term but pain comes back because the tendon is still weak (if physical rehab has not been done and this is the case for most) and cortisone actually weakens tendons - this is why it is never ever injected near or around achilles or bicep...
  15. R

I have been convinced for years that those with Fibro have actual tendon pathology as a complication to FM and I have never once believed those that say there is no muscle or tendon dsyfunction - balony. There are actual studies that show those with FM have more tendinosis (tendon degeneration)...