Recent content by Science_Guy | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

Recent content by Science_Guy

1. S

To One and All I Have Completed Three Months

Transfer factors are powerful little molecules. A few years ago ProHealth ran an article about transfer factor from a researcher at Duke Med Center named Aaron White. He now has a book out about transfer factor that is in its second edition. I haven't read the second edition but the first...
  2. S

Transfactor..what is that?

A few years ago ProHealth ran an article about transfer factor from a researcher at Duke Med Center named Aaron White. He now has a book out about transfer factor that is in its second edition. I haven't read the second edition but the first edition contained everything anyone could possibly...
  3. S

Which Transfer Factor?

A few years ago ProHealth ran an article about transfer factor from a researcher at Duke Med Center named Aaron White. He now has a book out about transfer factor that is in its second edition. I haven't read the second edition but the first edition contained everything anyone could possibly...
  4. S

Transfer Factor Update

5. S

How much does Valcyte cost for you?

There are a few products available that contain transfer factors (immune messengers) that alert the body to the presence of various pathogens so that the body can do a better job of tracking down and destroying infected cells. In head to head tests published in the medical literature, transfer...
  6. S

anyone, very firm knots covering upper thigs w/occ.tiny hard knot

My girlfried of three years has a similar problem, but hers run up and down her back and around her shoulder blades. She has been taking transfer factors for six months now (two pills per week rather than seven). The majority of her ME/CFS symptoms have remitted after years and years of...
  7. S

SSRI's vs. natural antidepressants (advice needed)

I take Natrol brand (available at any Walgreens). I would start with 50 mg one/day, preferably in the evening, for a few weeks to see how it treats you. It might make you really drowsy and a bit lethargic for a few days. This is actually a good sign, as it means the 5-HTP (5-hydroxytryptophan)...