Recent content by springwater

1. S

PORCH #1134 IS NOW OPEN (5/19/19)

what an expression. so happy. pouf, what a hot day. its humid too. didnt do much. Kimmerella - nice to see you. Scary about cats nipping and biting. didnt know about that.
  2. S

Sun - i love how your lil DGD looks, she looks a bit like you what we could see of you in the Disneycar video when you were young. Something thoughtful, something deep. and your DD too. She looks alert. i love oval faces with sharp features. i would love to attend a concert in that place. its...
  3. S

Hello all Mikie - that pic reminded me of Captain Haddock. in Tin Tin. He and Tin Tin go into a tropical forest and someone shouts “great greedy guts”, at Captain from above. When he looks up in rage he sees theyre parrots. They learnt the language from pirates and it got handed down through...
  4. S

PORCH #1133 IS NOW CLOSED (5/15/19)

Mikie - thats a nice picture. i see you have overcast skies. Your lemon pound cake sounds just yum. i was addicted to Big Bang Theory at one time. No prizes for guessing who my favourite character was....Sheldon! He and his girls interactions made me double up. :D Duckie - its nice to be...
  5. S

PORCH #1132 IS NOW CLOSED (5/11/19)

Hmmmm...new board takes some time getting used to. warm day but overcast...so not as hot as it could have been. i went out on errands. Had to repair a handbag. and alter a summer pant. theyre called palazzos. very wide, flappy. and likely to trip up the wearer. My DD once caught her foot in a...
  6. S

PORCH #1132 IS NOW CLOSED (5/11/19)

Happy belated Mothers Day. ours has already come and gone a few weeks ago. so i was confused with seeing the messages about it. Happy to read about it. On ours i went out to eat with DD and got a short text from DS. It said, “i love you immensely. Thank you for understanding and supporting me...
  7. S

PORCH #1131 IS NOW CLOSED (5/7/19)

Mikie - our yellow hibiscus just finished blooming. I think it likes rain and we got plenty of that two weeks back. Theyre single flowers, yellow with red markings. Everyones big pink roses also bloomed at once so splotches of rose in everyones garden. 5heyre the high climbing ones so walls dont...
  8. S

PORCH #1131 IS NOW CLOSED (5/7/19)

Hello Its a warm night but not too uncomfortable. i had my dinner out. This Indian restaurant. i made the others mince meat, lentils, cauliflower curry and rice. i dont know any friend who goes out alone, the way i do. heh heh. but if i look for company, i will never go out. Me and DS put our...
  9. S

PORCH #1130 (4/30/2019) IS CLOSED

i found the above while browsing. My dogs would never get so comfy in those. look at the last pic. It means doggy is content and relaxed! ———— Julie - did they all sleep in tents? did they stay overnight? i noticed all those trees in the background. What utter fun. ive never even camped with...
  10. S

Sun - a cat who turns up her nose at fish! what a queen. i hope Mimis portrait turns out well. i remember our gifts to relatives, friends when i was a kid was Dads paintings. He made orchid oils, wc landscapes, etc. im also glad the PH board is up and running. looked in last evening. twice...
  11. S

summer has arrived. yes, and not too pleased about it. yesterday temp went up to 90 F almost. seems i will never get used to a full fledged hot humid climate. however, 5he weather gods decided to have mercy on us sweltering citizens and sent such a fierce windy storm. heavy rain, but mostly...
  12. S

Having my morning cuppa and settled down for a quiet ten mins before tackling the avalanche of stuff needs doing. Julie - i like the sound of Josiah very much. Very bright kid. it might be a pain for moms to mop water offa the floor but how else is a little boy to find out if he can walk on...
  13. S

PORCH #1129 NOW CLOSED (4/25/2019)

Hello Its steamy hot here. Wilting. Trying to keep on top of chores. The garden has again turned into a tropical jungle with a few days of rain. ive been visiting relatives, they came from Tibet on their annual trip. took all my family except DH who had an unavoidable meeting to attend. i...
  14. S

Rock - loved your ideas to Julie to use on her relatives. in our case, the snake one would be true. :D
  15. S

Julie - that lavendar pic made me guffaw out loud. That would be me a couple years ago if we had lavendar 5his part of the world, (we dont.) essential oil makers must be growing them however, privately. Sun - so good to know you are getting back to normal. forgiveness is tricky and ability to...