Search results | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

Search results

1. L

NEW- free autoimmune webinar from January 30-February 6

I posted about an autoimmune webinar back in November but this is a new one, with many different speakers. There will be 36 speakers in all and each speakers interview will be available to watch free for 24 hours after it plays. They will be talking about, mold, pain, parasites, infections...
  2. L

NEW- free autoimmune webinar from January 30-February 6

I posted about an autoimmune webinar back in November but this is a new one, with many different speakers. There will be 36 speakers in all and each speakers interview will be available to watch free for 24 hours after it plays. They will be talking about, mold, pain, parasites, infections...
  3. L

Autoimmune webinar November 14-20 th

They are going to talk about the root causes and solutions for autoimmune diseases in great detail. I don't know if cfs/fm is considered an autoimmune disease, but I am certain immune system dysfunction is a big part of it. I think to improve one's health if you have cfs/fm, immune system...
  4. L

Autoimmune webinar November 14-20 th

They are going to talk about the root causes and solutions for autoimmune diseases in great detail. I don't know if cfs/fm is considered an autoimmune disease, but I am certain immune system dysfunction is a big part of it. I think to improve one's health if you have cfs/fm, immune system...
  5. L

Exercise causes increase in bacterial translocation in CFS that parallels PEM

Changes in Gut and Plasma Microbiome following Exercise Challenge in Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS). This study was published on December 18, 2015. What I found most interesting about this study is that the highest levels of bacterial translocation...
  6. L

Webinar for healing the digestive tract (microbiome) .....

The webinar is free and is on from Monday February 29 to Monday March 7. There will be 33 experts in the field of digestive health speaking. Here is the link- http://microbiomemedicinesummit.com/
  7. L

Dizziness and POTS may respond to Choline......

I got this link in my email the other day. I don't have Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS), but I know that many people with CFS/FM do. This article was written by Suzy Cohen, who is a very knowledgeable functional medicine doctor. According to this article, choline which is one...
  8. L

Excerpts from Rich van Konynenburg's glutathione depletion theory

Here are a few paragraphs from Rich van Konynenburg's glutathione depletion- methylation cycle block theory. I think Rich had a very good understanding of how CFS developes...
  9. L

Serum antioxidants and nitric oxide levels in fibromyalgia: a controlled study.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18853166
  10. L

Some of the reason's people don't get well treating methylation in Rich Van Konynenburg's words

This paragraph was at the end of one of Rich Van Konynenburg's paper's on his Glutathione Depletion Methylation Cycle Block hypothesis as the cause of CFS. He explains how toxic molds, viruses, Lyme disease and heavy metal toxicity may need to be addressed as well as methylation in order to...
  11. L

How Glutathione effects viruses, bacteria and immune system regulation

The research on cfs/fm and immune system dysfunction seems to be clear. Given that most, if not all people with cfs/fm are deficient in glutathione before any treatment, I think that makes this paper well worth reading. From the research I have done, glutathione appears to have strong antiviral...
  12. L

Glutathione's role in Hashimoto's thyroiditis...

Since so many people with cfs/fm have thyroid problems, I thought I would post this. I don't have clinical thyroiditis, but my free T4 and TSH levels were at the bottom of normal the last time I was tested, just barely in the reference range. GSH= Glutathione, HT= Hashimoto's thyroiditis...
  13. L

Glutathione's role in Hashimoto's thyroiditis...

Since so many people with cfs/fm have thyroid problems, I thought I would post this. I don't have clinical thyroiditis, but my free T4 and TSH levels were at the bottom of normal the last time I was tested, just barely in the reference range. GSH= Glutathione, HT= Hashimoto's thyroiditis...
  14. L

How Glutathione levels modulate TH-1/ TH-2 immune responses

This study shows that glutathione levels have a direct influence on th-1 and th-2 immunity. I think it is very possible that low levels of glutathione cause an immune imbalance in cfs/fm that can lead to many underlying causes and dysfunctions. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9501217/
  15. L

Why glutathione is so important in cfs.......

Glutathione is the body's "master" anti-oxidant and is critical to help rid the body of toxins. Below are paragraphs from 3 studies, showing how low glutathione can cause a breakdown of the cells of the digestive tract, diarrhea, etc. The methylation cycle is the body's primary way to make...
  16. L

How stress creates inflammation......

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/04/120402162546.htm Inflammation is so intertwined with cfs/fm, I thought I would post this. I am certain that very high levels of stress played a big role in my developing cfs/fm. I don't think stress is the only cause by any means, but certainly a...
  17. L

Biological phenotypes underpin the physio-somatic symptoms of somatization, depression, and CFS/ME

I found this an interesting paper on CFS/ME, it is dated FEB. 2014. It talks about a possible link to immune-inflammatory pathways, as at least part of the cause of symptoms in CFS/ME and depression. Making the case that these conditions have a physical cause as apposed to the "it's all in there...
  18. L

Brain inflammation and CFS.....

I don't know if this study has been posted yet. It's a small study showing that levels of brain inflammation are higher in people with CFS than in people without CFS, dated April 4, 2014. They actually have 15 pictures of brain inflammation in people with CFS, through PET imaging. (underlining...
  19. L

Ian Lipkin- ME/CFS scientist....

This is a quote from Ian Lipkin-an avid CFS/ME scientist and researcher. Regarding the gut microbiome- http://phoenixrising.me/archives/21929 I like that he pointed out that there could be 3 different types of microbes causing the immune dysfunction, in the gut of cfs/me patients. They could...
  20. L

4 Steps to Recover from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

The protocol listed here is the same basic protocol that many functional medicine doctors use. This is basically the same protocol that I am doing and getting very good results with. I don't think it's an accident that LEAKY GUT is the first thing listed to help recover from CFS...