Search results | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

Search results

1. L

Help with ME

Hi CG- From our past talks, I think it's menopause that's causing her chronic insomnia. She has completely recovered from ME/CFS but the insomnia is destroying her life. That's fantastic! Must feel great and give you validation that you are doing the right things. I would encourage you to...
  2. L

Help with ME

Hi Mandy- Thank you so much for the kind words. I'm very sorry to hear about our ongoing insomnia and how much it's messing up your life. I feel confident that you will find a solution. The only thing I could possibly compare that to would be my CFS at it's worst. I was spending 12-14 hours a...
  3. L

Help with ME

Hi CG- Sounds like you are doing a lot of the right things!:) I am doing really well. The BCAA's have allowed me to increase the dose of antibiotic herbs A LOT, to get rid of the bacterial overgrowth in my gut. The BCAA's were actually giving me so much energy I had to cut back on the dose so I...
  4. L

Help with ME

Hi CG- How's the detoxing going? Did you get any benefits from the b-1? I have tried inositol but oddly enough it gave me anxiety, it suppose to help with anxiety!:confused: I only eat a very small amount of rice and potatoes now and I am slowly cutting back on those too. I think it's best for...
  5. L

Help with ME

Hi Mandy- I am doing well but wish I was 100%!:) I'm happy to hear that your CFS symptoms are a thing of the past!! Fingers crossed, that will continue. I can't imagine what it must be like to only get a couple of hours of sleep a night, I feel tired just thinking about it. If I only get 5-6...
  6. L

Help with ME

Hi CG- Hope you're enjoying the summer! Yes, I think some doctors focus too much on the SNP's and loose site of the other factors that cause dysfunctional enzymes and pathways. Probably the biggest factor in CFS is excessive oxidative stress. My view is that most of that oxidative stress is...
  7. L

Help with ME

Hi CG- Is this protocol working for you? I've learned how to manage my energy without the major crashes/PEM. When I do crash, it's usually gone in a day or two. However, I'm not anywhere near 100% yet. My energy is continuing to improve though, so I know I'm going in the right direction!:)...
  8. L

Help with ME

Hi CG- I remember that I love lucy episode, hilarious!! As you continue to experiment and find new ways of improving your health, the ups and downs will smooth out. They have for me. Most days now I have fairly stable energy, unless I get a little wild and crazy and over do it.:) Speaking...
  9. L

Help with ME

Hi CG- Exactly, you got it!!:D;) I think you have hit the nail on the head. It makes sense that your symptoms are coming from detoxing. There is no doubt that people with CFS have VERY, VERY high levels of oxidative stress from toxins. So anything that we can do to lower the toxic load the...
  10. L

Help with ME

Hi again CG- I just remembered this email exchange between Dr. Ben Lynch and a client about over and under-methylation. The client gave him permission to share this. I hope this helps you get a better understanding of whats happening with you!:) link to page Jim
  11. L

Help with ME

Hi CG- I'm so sorry that you are having such a hard time. I struggled a lot too when I first started treating methylation. If I didn't go up on my dose at least 100-200 mcg every 2-3 days I would start to feel really tired and depressed. I don't know if that will work for you. I hope you get a...
  12. L

Help with ME

Hi Mandy- Cyprus does look like a beautiful place to live. I understand what you are saying about grey, cloudy days. I don't mine one every now and then but when we get 4-5 days in a row like that, I also start to feel somewhat depressed. That's too bad about your sleeping problems coming back...
  13. L

Help with ME

Hi CG- As I was reading these questions, I felt they seemed fairly normal from a doctors perspective. One thing to be aware of though is when doctors become overly focused on treating genetics more so than the patient. I have been following Ben Lynch for several years, he says this all the...
  14. L

Help with ME

Hi Mandy- I'm happy to hear the wedding went well! How long were you there in Cyprus? I googled Cyprus, it looks absolutely beautiful! Did you find it hard to leave or were you ready to come home? Now you need to get back into "UK mode".:):D When you say you took a couple of classes at the...
  15. L

Help with ME

Hi CG- It might very well be the oil of oregano that sapped your energy. When it kills bacteria in the gut, it can cause anywhere from mild to really bad die-off symptoms, fatigue being one of the biggies. You might want to take it every other day to start. Then once your body has adjusted to...
  16. L

Help with ME

Hi CG- Yes, those are all very common in CFS/FM, except Hemochromatosis. After 11 years of research and trying many different supplement protocols. I have learned that dysbiosis and increased intestinal permeability can cause all of those issues and often does. Although I am also treating...
  17. L

Help with ME

Hi CG- I just wanted to say a quick hello. I have been in a little bit of a flare for the last day or two. It sounds like last Thursday you were having a really good day! Before long you'll be doing marathons!!:D Did you go up again on the MF/B12 again on Sunday. If so, how are you doing at...
  18. L

Help with ME

Hi CG- I've haven't tried it. It's one of the 2 supplements on the planet I haven't tried yet.;) How did the increase in MF/B12 go? Any changes in how you feel? Well that's really good news! That must be a weight off your shoulders. The same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. I went...
  19. L

Help with ME

Hi CG- What do you think the chlorella was doing that helped with your energy so much? Getting rid of toxins? Methylation helps a lot with heavy metals. Something else you might look into is alpha lipoic acid (ALA). That's also something that's suppose to help with heavy metals. I think...
  20. L

Help with ME

Hi CG- I wonder how much relief you'll get in your symptoms once this is controlled. There really are so many things that can cause fatigue, joint pain etc. I had very high iron levels once. My doctor wanted me to do blood draws to bring it down. When he told me that, I remembered all the...