Search results | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

Search results

1. N

August 8th - Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe ME

Today is August 8th – Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe ME. Please show your solidarity with severe ME patients. http://phoenixrising.me/archives/18052
  2. N

LTD attorney in NY

can anyone recommend a good erisa LTD attorney in New York who has experience dealing with cfs cases?
  3. N

Dr. John E. Sarno

Has anyone who read Sarno's books, like healing back pain or a divided mind or attended his seminars in New York been positively affectd by him and his theory of TMS being a conglomerate of physical pain (cfs among them) that them brain uses as a defence mechanism for a psychological unconscious...
  4. N

why are we each so different?

I've been watching and reading the posts here and other first hand accounts about cfs. What strikes me is the differences in people's experiences and what works and doesn't work for them. For example: Valcyte; was talked about recently and there were people praising it's positive effects and...
  5. N

handicapped parking permit in ny?

I am collecting SS disability for my chronic fatigue syndrome. Does anyone know how to apply for a handicapped parking permit in New York City? [This Message was Edited on 04/30/2009]
  6. N

Neurofeedback

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned neurofeedback as a remedy. I 've been suffering from ME/CFS for the past 7 years. I've been on ss disability for 5 years. I've been bed ridden at times. Have suffered from exhaustion, pain, sleeplessness, allergies, headaches etc. I've been on many meds...
  7. N

consegrity

has anyone tried consegrity therapy? It's an alternative therapy that's based on balancing your energy system. There is no touching involved & only a little talking. It's like a communication on a different level. I am trying it out & will let you know if it helps
  8. N

personality profile

I was wondering if there is a commonality among us with cfs or fm to make us prone to these diseases. My personality is to keep all my problems inside. I've had my share of traumatic experiences in my life, yet I find it very hard to talk about them. Is this sickness a manifestation of all...
  9. N

Xyrem

I was put on xyrem for sleep a while ago & felt better for three days. The fourth day I had a reaction where I felt like I was in a trance for 2 days! So I went off the med but consequently felt better for a few weeks & then all my cfs symptoms reappeared. Did anyone hear of a similar experience?
  10. N

new stimulant

I have just been subscribed phendimetrazine (bontril) by my dr. It's supposed to act as a stimulant. I am on many other meds for my cfs & depression but I am still so tired & achy that I cannot work. Does anyone have any experience with this drug? Thanks, Nielk
  11. N

Re: Neurofeedback

thanks pjmonster for the info
  12. N

Re: Neurofeedback

pjmonster said that you had positive results with it for your cfs symptoms. I also suffer from CFS & havve been reading about neurofeedback treatment. How many sessions did you need? was it covered by insurance? Thanks for your help, Nielk
  13. N

NEUROFEEDBACK

Has anyone suffering with cfs try neurofeedback as a treatment?