Search results | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

Search results

1. L

Need help ....ANGIOEDEMA

Hi there....I have not been here in some time, but I am desperate for some help. I was recently diagnosed with angioedema ( possibly Hereditary Angioedema) and I am alarmed because of all the auto-immune disease in my family. Blood work done by allergist (or quackergist as I think of him), is...
  2. L

Old Posts

This may have been covered, and if it has I apologize, but with the new format, are our old posts (pre-new format) gone forever? Or are they stored in some way? Thanks in advance. Laura
  3. L

I THINK THIS NEW FORMAT IS ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE

and totally inconsiderate to the needs of fibro sufferers, who deal enough in cognitive and 'fog' issues...so now Prohealth wants us to absorb another mediocre format that is sloppy and unorganized at best. It has a sloppy and amateur look to it, and I cannot even imagine what type of technical...
  4. L

Prayers For My Heartbroken Family... Please

As many of you know, I have had alot to contend with int he past year...the death of a best friend for cancer, hurricane Sandy devestating my neighborhood, my own health issues and biopsy in the past weeks, etc. When I thought it could not get any worse, my beloved father, one of the lights of...
  5. L

BREAST BIOPSY UPDATE...LOSING MY MIND :(

Just to update those of you who followed my previous post, I did have a stereotactic biopsy of the breast, and the findings of that warranted a surgical biopsy two weeks ago. The finding of the biopsy was a condition called ADH Atypical Ductal Hyperplasia. all findings negative thank God. But...
  6. L

Breast Biopsy Results

many of you are aware that I had a stereotactic breast biopsy this past wednesday. The doctor called today to let me know that thankfully, everything was benign...however. There is always a damn however. In my case, there is what they are calling 'atypical benign' cells, and they are...
  7. L

Please Say A Prayer....Breast Biopsy Update

After working so hard to keep my health optimium, I found out today I have suspicious calcifications in my left breast and I am scheduled to have a stereotactic biopsy in the next week or so; waiting for confirmation call from Radiology Center that will perform the procedure. The breast surgeon...
  8. L

I Need A Recommendation : Digestive Enzymes

Due to digestive upsets I have suffered since gallbladder removal surgery last year, I now want to start taking digestive enzymes. But there are so many on the market, I find the choices all very confusing. Somebody here on the board once mentioned that they took DE since having the surgery...
  9. L

Due to digestive upsets I have suffered since gallbladder removal surgery last year, I now want to start taking digestive enzymes. But there are so many on the market, I find the choices all very confusing. Somebody here on the board once mentioned that they took DE since having the surgery...
  10. L

11. L

DOES ANYBODY COOK WITH A HALOGEN OVEN?

I was thinking of getting one of these counter top portable halogen ovens, because I saw thst you could cook and fry foods such as french fries without oil!! But before I spend $80 on this thing, I'd love some opinions. Anybody??? Thanks--Laura
  12. L

DOES ANYBODY COOK WITH A HALOGEN OVEN?

I was thinking of getting one of these counter top portable halogen ovens, because I saw thst you could cook and fry foods such as french fries without oil!! But before I spend $80 on this thing, I'd love some opinions. Anybody??? Thanks--Laura
  13. L

Re Prescription Medications

Hi everybody...I have not been on here in awhile, as I have been having issues with my back. I was in severe pain, so finally threw in the towel and saw the orthopedist. Initally, I had seen the hip doctor in the office, but after x-rays, the doctor said my hips were actually fine, and it was...
  14. L

Wondering about kjade

Does anybody here know how she is doing or has anybody heard from her? She used to post quite often and would chat with so many of us, but haven't seen her post or reply in quite a long time. Just hoping she's okay. Laura
  15. L

Intensely itching scalp and thinning hair, read this!

I have had a problem with intensely itching scalp and eczema patches on my scalp for as long as I can remember. In recent years, it was getting worse. I almost dreaded washing my hair, as that would intensify the itch and flaking for 24 hours. I was beside myself. When I went to get my hair...
  16. L

Intensely itchy scalp, thinning hair...read this!

I have had a problem with intensely itching scalp and eczema patches on my scalp for as long as I can remember. In recent years, it was getting worse. I almost dreaded washing my hair, as that would intensify the itch and flaking for 24 hours. I was beside myself. When I went to get my hair...
  17. L

A Great Soy Recipe if you are interested!!

OVEN ROASTED BAKED TOFU Ingredients: 16 ounces Extra firm tofu, drained 3 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar 2 teaspoons Soybean oil (vegetable oil) 2 tablespoons Sugar 1 Clove garlic, minced 1/2 teaspoon each oregano leaves, dried and crushed, and salt 1 Sweet red pepper, quartered...
  18. L

A Great Soy Recipe if you are interested!!

OVEN ROASTED BAKED TOFU Ingredients: 16 ounces Extra firm tofu, drained 3 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar 2 teaspoons Soybean oil (vegetable oil) 2 tablespoons Sugar 1 Clove garlic, minced 1/2 teaspoon each oregano leaves, dried and crushed, and salt 1 Sweet red pepper, quartered 1 Medium...
  19. L

HELP! IS THIS A REACTION TO PREDNISONE??

A few days before Christmas, I sought help from my pulmonologist (that I see regularly for asthma) for a severe cough that was on the brink of bronchitis. His associate saw me, and she prescribed an antibiotic z-pac and a six day taper pac of prednisone. I was reacting a bit to the predisone...
  20. L

Help I need some quick advise regarding Symbicort asthma medication

In summer 2010 I was diagnosed with asthma and give Symbicort inhaler to use on a daily basis, along with albuterol to use for emergencies only and before working out at the gym. While the Symbicort has helped my asthma, I am now sick with a severe cough that I must see the doctor for tomorrow...