Search results | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

Search results

1. Mikie

PORCH 1244 IS NOW OPEN (1/18/21)

Dear Barry, Congratulations to you and Richard. Good for you both! Love, Mikie
  2. Mikie

Hi, Kids, Again, what a day. I wore my flip flops to drive Amy to the ER because time was of the essence. After I got home, I was freezing, especially my feet. There was plenty of time to have a hot soak before the swearing in. I was sitting in my robe after the soak and Teresa came to the...
  3. Mikie

Good Inauguration Day, Dear Porchies, Got good sleep and plenty of it last night. I'm so grateful. Caught the scene last night as they lit the 400 lamps along the reflecting pool on the Capitol Mall for the 400,000 who have died from the virus. What a beautiful and heart wrenching scene. I...
  4. Mikie

Hi, Kids, I'm tired from cleaning and running around all morning but feel restless. I tried to read but the book is boring me. I may have to read something else in between. Grace texted and she was lying on her bed, exhausted from shopping all morning. Texted with Claudia a bit too. I...
  5. Mikie

Good Tuesday Morning, Kids, Wow! fell asleep early but woke about 2:30 which is normal for me. I had a sinus headache so took an allergy pill and an acetaminophen. I also took a sip of ZzQuil. Didn't wake up til 7:30 this morning. I'm always up earlier than that. It was so good to get...
  6. Mikie

Hi, Kids, Been slowly cleaning the bathrooms. Neither is really dirty but I want them clean. I had to take SV's litter box mat out to shake it out. I also took the clump bag to the dumpster. I did laundry including the towels. I'm trying to decide whether to call a plumber to install my...
  7. Mikie

Hi, Sun, I agree about the colors and heights in gardens. That's what makes them interesting and beautiful. That is what we have in our little atrium garden. I like plants on wrought iron stands. Teresa has one outside her door. I hope you can find something to help your back and neck. My...
  8. Mikie

PORCH 1243 IS NOW CLOSED (1/13/21)

PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE. LOOK FOR PORCH 1244. THANK YOU!
  9. Mikie

Dearest Porchies, It's time for a new Porch. I believe these are Royal Terns. Be sure to go back to read the latest posts on Porch 1243. I'll be back later. Love, Mikie
  10. Mikie

Good Monday Morning, Kids, Got eight hours of sleep but I was awake for a couple of hours in the middle of the night. I had a headache all night and still have it. I'll take some acetaminophen but my new BP med info says NSAIDS can interfere with the efficacy of the BP med. I am stoked to...
  11. Mikie

Hi, Kids, Nothing on TV so watched a movie on Prime with Susan Sarandon. She presumably has ALS and has chosen to euthanize herself before she completely loses control of her body. She and DH have their family to a last reunion before she does it. Pretty good move. I can't get warm and feel...
  12. Mikie

Hi, Sun, Thank you for your prayers. I keep you in mine and will ask for relief from the sciatic pain. Nerve problems in one part of the body can wreak havoc in another. It's so cold here today that I've waited to get into the shower but its not gonna get much warmer. It will be back up in...
  13. Mikie

Good Sunday Morning, Kids, Just stopping in before reading the Sunday paper. I had a hard time getting to sleep last evening without my old BP med that made me drowsy. I ended up taking some ZzQuil. I can't do that every night though. So far, the side effects of the new BP med are tolerable...
  14. Mikie

Hi, Gordon, It's been ugly ever since the war of the wall. I try to be nice but they just aren't nice people. Joe says I'm too nice to them but I don't want to escalate things. Snowbirds can serve on boards but it's better to have full timers. There are five units that will not vote for...
  15. Mikie

Hi, Kids, Just got a text from DD. She, DSIL and DGS are planning on coming down on Presidents Day weekend. Don't know what we will do but I'm looking forward to seeing them again. It's been more than a year. Also don't know whether I'll have my vaccine by then but they can't give the virus...
  16. Mikie

Hi, Kids, Just got back from CVS with the new Rx. I went ahead and took one. I can't tolerate Alpha blockers and I can't tolerate Beta blockers so he prescribed an Alpha/Beta blocker. What! He splained that combining the two might offset each other and work. I hope so. Good news is that...
  17. Mikie

Good Saturday Morning, Kids, Not much to tell. Gonna go to Target this morning to get my Rx. Been praying it helps. Also been praying for our country during this alarming time. Of course, I always keep all our Dear Porchies in my prayers. I'll be back later. Hope everyone has a good start...
  18. Mikie

Hi, Kids, Had to lie down to try to get my HR down. Need to take my BP too. Just got an email from the disagreeable man downstairs requesting the records of our assn. meetings. Our mgr. has already explained to him that these little assns. do not hold regular meetings like the big board...
  19. Mikie

Hi, Gordon, I am so sorry Rock is having problems. You know I'll up my prayers. Telemedicine is the way to go if you don't need to be there in person. I've been on this BP med for a long time. All of a sudden, it isn't working. I think general stress is part of the problem. I just caught...
  20. Mikie

Good Friday Morning, Kids, I'm off to see my doc later this morning. Hope my HR and BP behave themselves. Wonder how badly the asst. will screw up my vitals today. I'll only take one BP pill before I go. I'll take another half of a pill after I get home. Next Fri. I have the scan on my...