Search results | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

Search results

1. H

Does anyone have experience with dissolving their school loans through bankruptcy?

Hi All! It's been a while. Has anyone had experience with dissolving their school loans through bankruptcy under the disability clause? One requirement is that you have to have a letter from SSDI stating that your next review won't be for another 5 to 7 years. Another option is to have your...
  2. H

Will making under 700 a month trigger one of those "review type" audits?

Hi, I have been sick since 2006 and have never received one of those forms where they ask if you are in school , how you are doing etc. I just started part time school this year. I was told that school would not count against me. However, I am thinking of making 700 or less a month in...
  3. H

Olive leaf extract, shoud i take probiotics with this?

Hi Y'all, I got sick in vietnam from the water and went on antibiotics. Since then I feel sick again. I felt fully recovered for about 2 years I think and now I feel like my symptoms are back. I'm thinking it could be yeast although I was only on ciprio for a week. Does this seem possible...
  4. H

Back on site-looking to explore the psychological components

Hi Everyone, I took a couple of years off but now am back. I've been feeling a lot better with Tong ren and that's why I didn't feel I could take some time off. I was able to get off all supplements however, but was on a sleeping pill for some time. Now I am back on because although I feel...
  5. H

study-shows we are not hypochondriacs!

I've been studying CFID a lot to understand and help myself and was delighted to come across this one. The psychiatric status of patients with the chronic fatigue syndrome. Authors: Hickie, Ian, Prince Henry Hosp, Div of Psychiatry Mood Disorders Unit, Sydney, NSW, Australia Lloyd, Andrew...
  6. H

Can someone tell me what physical therapy entails?

I'm in boston and was told PT was just strength training. What has your PT included? I've heard other places have pools. ANd some places do massage as part of PT.
  7. H

Is going to a therapist helpful?

How many of you go to a therapist and is it helpful? What is your experience? Do you see your symptoms getting better when you talk about it? Or do you just feel psychologically better? [This Message was Edited on 06/08/2010] [This Message was Edited on 06/08/2010]
  8. H

Does the "envelope theory" help at all?

The envelope theory is about not pushing your limits and staying within these limits until you can master it. I've been told by a support group member that this is highly effective if one can stay within limits and that it is the best way to see progress. [This Message was Edited on...
  9. H

Which sugar substitutes are good for candidas infection?

Is it me or does splenda or sugar free candies make the yeast grow? Which sugar substitutes are good for me?
  10. H

Candex not working? Does it work for you?

Hi Everyone, I have been on candex for a while and it doesn't work at all for me. Does anyone encounter the same problem? I'm quite disappointed
  11. H

Met a guy who is scared of contracting mono from me

Hi everyone! I met this guy who HAS NEVER HAD MONO before (is a dr and has checked his test) and is really scared that I can give it to him since there is literature suggesting that mono could be the cause. He's getting a test to see if his body has "certain antibodies?" that could help...
  12. H

What next after getting a stool softener and the suppositories

Hi, so the dr gave the 2 above however, I still feel as though it hurts to go to the bathroom because it is hitting the hemmoroids which are internal. It doesn't seem like the two above really address the size of the hemmorroids which cause friction any suggestions?
  13. H

Thanks for those who supported me in joining the meetup group

Hi Everyone, I went to my meetup group after grudgingly going and felt great. It made me realized how depressed I was without knowing it. My body felt good as well because of experiencing good emotions. I would recommend for everyone to get out there and do something you once enjoyed even if...
  14. H

Why does my stomach hurt when I wake up?

Hi all, I have stomach pain almost similar to the pain you have when you know it's time to go to the bathroom. I don't think it is IBS because I've had that before. They saw slight gastritus but I've had that since May. Does anyone know what this could be? There's no use going to the drs...
  15. H

Dependency is the worst part of being sick

THe worst thing about being sick is being dependent on other people. My parents are driving me up the wall. 1) They won't try to read what cfid is and criticize me or tell me that I am not trying hard enough( I should force my stomach to overcome allergens instead of avoiding wheat and...
  16. H

My parents think I am crazy and have to start being normal

The biggest miricle since I have been sick was practicing tong ren which helped me more than any doctor, any supplement. I was working in the science field before becoming ill and have started using energy healing therapies. My mother gave me an attitude when she saw me doing it and told...
  17. H

Need courage to research writing off school loans

Hi, I feel a deep sense of guilt and feeling that my dr won't support me in writing off school loans. I should research it before I present it to my rhuemy..my primary care wouldn't sign off on it when I asked her earlier. After feeling rejected, I feel my rhumy won't support me either...
  18. H

How 2 prevent hemmorroids if allergic 2 wheat and gluten

Can anyone please give me some suggestions? I have INTERNAL hemorroids and am so scared to eat because it kills to go to the bathroom. [This Message was Edited on 08/03/2008]
  19. H

How would I start doing a parasite cleanse?

Hi Everyone, I see all these parasite cleansers in whole foods grocery store. 1) How can I know which product will get rid of all my worms if I even have any? I guess I want to avoid a product that will only treat one type or two types and then end up trying another product. 2)...