Search results | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

Search results

1. M

kicking lorazepam

I’ve been taking 1 mg. of lorazepam in the middle of the night for sleep for several years. I started with 0.5 mg about 8 years ago, and then upped it to 1 mg. 4 or 5 years ago. I was careful not to increase it any more and also never took it during the day. I’d recently started thinking about...
  2. M

RA or FM or LYME?

Hi all - my sister was just told she likely has rheumatoid arthritis - she has bodywide pain, it started in her clavicle and has progressed, she gets fevers, severe muscle weakness, tendon problems, she's a mess. However, she doesn't have any redness or swelling of her joints, which I think is...
  3. M

Black box drug warnings - have to do our own research

I was given a prescription for a parotid gland infection a week ago. The doctor said amoxicillin would work, but then gave me something called clindamycin instead. I know enough not to take fluoroquinolones and just assumed that this one would be similar to erythromycin which I've taken with...
  4. M

Methylfolate and mercury detoxing

I'd been taking 1600 mcg. of methylfolate (Solgar) for about 4 years, together with lots of methylcobalamin and did very well with the folate, apart from an initial drop in potassium which was easily fixed. It increased my energy and I felt better overall than I had in years, though I still...
  5. M

auto-immune paleo diet for pain & inflammation

About 6 months ago my sister started developing chronic pain and inflammation. This followed a very traumatic event at her job coupled with some major physical stress. She's thinks there's a connection but of course no one knows for sure. She's never had anything like this before but it...
  6. M

Niacin for sleep, arthritis, lower BP & cholesterol

I recently started taking niacin (500 mg. twice a day) and found that it is helping my sleep a lot. I had been taking niacinamide with no noticeable affect. I fall asleep easier, sleep deeper and go back to sleep more quickly in the middle of the night since starting the niacin 3 or 4 weeks...
  7. M

"faster eft" - it works!

Paul 1950 posted about faster eft helping with illness. I don't know if it can do that. However, I tried it on some emotional issues and problems I was having, one in particular I just felt stuck, could not move forward, and the faster eft really helped. I was seeing a counselor and talked to...
  8. M

Thiamine and low potassium

Well, I think I figured out my problem with thiamine. It was revving me up (I think boosting my thyroid) but making me tired and achy at the same time. This morning I was so tired and achy, very discouraged, and had decided to just stop the thiamine, and then I remembered how when I started...
  9. M

IBD, Hashimoto's and thiamine

High dose thiamine helped with inflammatory bowel disease and Hashimoto's: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24351023
  10. M

Ian (or anyone?) - Magnesium question

Dr. Sarah Myhill from the UK believes that low magnesium is responsible for PEM in CFS and that raising mag levels is difficult, and that one may need injections to raise it. My CFS doctor has been doing annual hair analysis tests for a very long time, and ever since I started crashing in 1998...
  11. M

VERY interesting article from Dr. Myhill

As many of you know, Sarah Myhill is a doctor in the UK with a great deal of knowledge and experience re CFS. She has an excellent website with tons of info and does mitochondrial testing. Here's an article I received from her office yesterday, which is giving me great pause for thought...
  12. M

Ian (& others) - article re PEM, anaerobic threshold & exercise

Here's an extremely interesting article from the CFIDS Association of America about post-exertional malaise, how it happens and some methods of coping: http://www.cfids.org/cfidslink/2010/100604.asp I think this is the crucial difference between FM and CFS - how we respond to exercise...
  13. M

Merc detox rounds 8, 9, et al.

I decided this only needs one thread will just continue with this one. I finished round 8 last week and barely felt it taking 37.5 mg. dmsa and 25 mg. ala. I finished round 9 last night, taking 37.5 mg. dmsa and increased the ala to 37.5 mg., and this I felt more - made me more tired, slept...
  14. M

sublingual melatonin w/o B6 - great for sleep!

Upon recommendation from my sister, I've been taking Natrol brand sublingual melatonin without B6 for about 4 weeks now and my sleep has improved dramatically. I dissolve one 3 mg. tablet in my mouth about 1/2 hour or 40 minutes before I want to go to sleep and I've been going to sleep like...
  15. M

Finished 7th round of mercury detox

Each round gets easier to tolerate. This round I again used 25 mg. each dmsa and ala. So will consider raising it next week for round 8. I saw my chiropractor today for a different issue but he tested me on the dmsa and ala and said my body likes it - I tested positive - which was...
  16. M

Finished 6th round of mercury detox

Okay, I had to take 3 weeks off due to a family visit and crashing and then getting sick and then recovering. Anyways, I just finished my 6th round, using 25 mg. dmsa and 25 mg. alpha lipoic acid - my highest dose if ala yet, and had mild detox symptoms, nothing too bad, which I'm very glad...
  17. M

Finished 5th round of mercury detox

With very little side effects - it is getting easier and easier. Still taking 25 mg. of dmsa and increased the ala to around 15 mg., will up it next time. My son and DIL and 2 grandkids are coming next week-end so will hold off for 2 weeks before resuming. I started getting severe insomnia...
  18. M

Update on mercury detox

Well, I didn't get to the third round for some eleven days after the 2nd one. The second one didn't wipe me out as bad pyhysically as the first one, but it left me in a dark mood which was hard to deal with, so postponed the third round. Which I started last Sunday and finished Tuesday...
  19. M

I usually avoid "inspirational" quotes & stories but

am making an exception here. Inspiring stories of one-legged athletes when I can't even do my dishes or wash my hair make me depressed. (although today is a good day, I got protein bars made and my dishes done!) Anyways, my sister-in-law died recently way too young (55) from uterine cancer...
  20. M

restarted merc detox w/ala & dmsa

Hi all - you can see my first post above for all the info about the detox. I restarted it last week, this time adding in 12.5 mg. of alpha lipoic acid in addition to the 25 mg. dmsa. With the ala, you're supposed to take doses every 3 hours instead of 4. I am very good at taking pills etc. on...