Search results

1. R

PORCH #1134 IS NOW OPEN (5/19/19)

Hi Kids, Don't know if there's any point in trying to post this or not. I was here some hours ago. Wrote a long post. At 3:20 AM I clicked on "Post". The entire message vanished like a pickpocket at The Mall of America. Hugs, Rock
  2. R

3. R

Hi Kids Today is trash day. Not a day to celebrate your trash, but a day to take it out to the curb. And, thanks to the politicians we have a new device to help us. It's a plastic bucket. Free. About a foot high. Big enough to hold a dozen apples. The idea is: you put food scraps into...
  4. R

Good Morning to all the members of our gang and any new comers who have dropped by. It's past midnight. Barry, I love "Okey Dokey, Artichokey!." It sounds like something from the 1920s. Did you learn this in one of your esoteric c lasses or did you make it up yourself? I doubt if I had...
  5. R

Hi Kids Woke up a few minutes ago. Thought I'd check the TV to see when Match Game was on. It's on two channels in the morning. The time sometimes varies. The TV, however, is sulking. Will not turn on. And a couple days ago my bedside clock was blinking. Gordon said, 'It shouldn't be...
  6. R

Hi Kids Mikie, Here ya go. Just in case you need more placebos. The manufacturer's slogan is, "Nothing Works Better". That's a shame about your Publix friend who can't afford insulin. I have seen notices on med bottles or in drugstores that give a number to call if you need help paying for...
  7. R

Hi Kids I got an e mail form my Oregon Brother. It said, "I sent you two e-mails." I dunno what he means. Seems like everything confusiates me these days. Anyhoo I have big news on the kitty front. We had a little rain yesterday. Was looking for her. Turned out she was in her new house...
  8. R

PORCH #1133 IS NOW CLOSED (5/15/19)

Hi Kids Julie, you not only found a pic of the Messiah recording, you were able to post it. Better as I can do. I 'spect most of us are old enough to remember the phrase "Breaking in a car". It meant you had a new car and you drove it rather gingerly for the first 500 miles so that the...
  9. R

Hi Kids Hope everdobby is OK. Gordon went to the orchid auction last night. The Club treasurer hasn't figured out yet how much the c lub took in. Roughly 4 to 5 thousand bucks. Things are quiet here except Gordon can't find his smokes. I fell down outside this morning. Was not injured so...
  10. R

PORCH #1132 IS NOW CLOSED (5/11/19)

Hi Folks Gave the cat some breakfast. Am going back to bed. I have a couple questions. Hanging in There aka Patti sent me a message. Can anyone tell me how to respond? My efforts were non productive. I can't even remember my other question. Oh yeah. I can't interact with the little...
  11. R

Hi Kids Well, we'll see if old Betsey will start up. Mother had a friend who didn't drive during the winter. Her car just sat out in the backyard all winter. Somehow it always started right up when Spring came. Now and then you'd hear people say, "I need to get an old Pontiac like Phoebe...
  12. R

Hello kids I did a long post after Barry said he couldn't find the book I was reading. But it wouldn't post. Was just sitting there for 2 days. Now its gone. Rock
  13. R

Hi Kids Hey! Something has changed. My option board is back. Yeah! Still can't post pics though. Or see pics. BARRY, "The Threat" should be easy to find. Published this year. A best seller. Publisher is St. Martin's Press. Author is Andrew G. McCabe. Title "The Threat". I predict...
  14. R

Good Morning, Dear Friends My typing has gotten so bad it took four tries to type Morning. If this keeps up it will take all morning to type "all". Your assignment for today is to think of a song that starts with "All". E.g. All of me. Why not take all of me? All I do is dream of you...
  15. R

Greetings Again Gordon did get home about the time I signed off. He was visiting Jim in Pasadena. He got a parking ticket. Pasadena is a rather unfriendly, highly regulated city. The last time Gordon visited Jim he parked in Jim's wide driveway behind his house. The neighbor ran into his...
  16. R

Hey, Kids! Gordon has been gone to Jim's house all morning. They are doing something with or about orchids. I 'spect he'll get here before I finish this post. Watched one episode of Match today. Fannie Flagg was one of the panelists. For some reason she was wearing a nurse's outfit...
  17. R

FUNNY CUTE KIDS & ANIMALS, VOL. 2

Hi Patti I looked up Sophie Hudson. She has 6 books at our library, but they are all some sort of electronic book. Maybe when I get a Kindle. Your husband sounds like my kinda guy. A maniacal collector. I used to know another one. He had so many records he had to keep them in a warehouse...
  18. R

Hi Ta Hi, Ho Ta Ho Just came in from feeding and watering the cat. She sends her regards to all of you. It's a typical day in S. California for this time of year. A light blue sky; no rain etc predicted. Gonna be in the mid 70s till showers on Thursday. Had an electronic fluke this...
  19. R

Hello, Friends I dropped in to post, but once I sat down I suddenly was taken with a spell of "the old ennui" as Cole Porter put it. Guess I'll come back after my nap. Be Back Soon, That's a quote from another musical. Oliver. Rock
  20. R

FUNNY CUTE KIDS & ANIMALS, VOL. 2

Patti, Thanks for the videos. And extra thanks because somehow,when I clicked on the Doberman with the chickens and the bowl, I was magically transported to Youtube where I was able to listen to several songs sung by Andy Williams. Just finished reading his auto biography. All the time I...