Search results | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

Search results

1. L

How I've been treating my body

Hi Kim, My heart is sad that you have to go through this without a good support system. It is hard enough as it is. But the good news is you can keep many things. I am going to list everything I can remember that Shoemaker said to do.....I have it written down somewhere....so I'll look for...
  2. L

Seriphos

Leah, I am so sorry you feel so terrible. My thoughts are with you for better days soon. Hugs, Sue
  3. L

How I've been treating my body

Your story has really touched me. I have CIRS, among other things and a lot of the same symptoms as you do. Last year my husband and I were both diagnosed by Dr. Shoemaker. We cleaned our house, which unfortunately is really expensive. Most of the stuff from the basement is still out in a pod...
  4. L

Seriphos

Hey All, About 6-7 years ago I was diagnosed with adrenal fatigue. My doc suggested Seriphos. I took that with another adrenal support supplement for a couple years and things normalized. I have been reading up here that Seriphos actually lowers adrenal levels. So I am confused. Can anyone...
  5. L

Prayers For My Heartbroken Family... Please

Hi Laura, I, too, am up here sporadically and saw your message. I am so sorry you are going through this. I lost my father 8 years ago. It is horrible and hard. I think especially for you, because your father loved you unconditionally. That is a rare and beautiful gift. He is still with you...
  6. L

Spect exam or no spect and ME

Hi Everyone, I have not been formally diagnosed with ME, but have been diagnosed w/ CFS and fibromyalgia. I had a spect exam about 10 years ago. It was negative and my doc left it at that. I recently had an MRI that showed encephalitis. I have many, man, many symptoms of ME. My question is...
  7. L

MTHFR questions

I am pretty sure Shoemaker diagnosed me with that. Apparently he isn't practicing anymore and we never delved into solutions for that. I have his books....do you want me to see if I can find anything? Hugs, Sue (lesliesue)
  8. L

Has anyone been tested for Protomyxzoa Rheumatica?

Thanks so much, Deepak! That is such hopeful news! I haven't taken the test yet....but am working at a vegan diet with mostly vegetables and fruits and beans/rice. Working at it. ; ) I don't eat birds or red meat and have cut out dairy. I can see how nuts/seeds are going to be difficult....but...
  9. L

Has anyone been tested for Protomyxzoa Rheumatica?

I learned about this for the first time this week. I searched old posts and see Nanie has mentioned it. There is a group over at MDjunction. If anyone has had this test and tested positive....or even negative, I would love to hear about it. I have had Lyme for 25 years or so. 10 years or so...
  10. L

Jam - GSE

Found the $13.30 grape seed extract at the place I usually buy supplements. : ) Love, Les
  11. L

Hating myself

Jam, you are right on with that. We have to love and accept ourselves and then we let in more and more of the people that will also love and accept us. I really believe that. And that we are all lovable and deserve to be accepted for exactly who we are. That pendulum thinking sounds interesting...
  12. L

After 45 years of marriage I've recently read up on passive aggressive

I hope you get to a place where you want to be. You deserve to be happy and at peace. It does sound like your husband is angry or at least very unhappy. I think sometimes people want to be miserable and want everyone around them to be miserable, too. Mikie, it kind of sounds like your ex was...
  13. L

Garth Nicholson - Mitochondrial repair and Fatigue resolution

Mikie, can you tell me a little about your experience with the mycoplasma? Thanks! Les
  14. L

Platelets and WBC dangerously low. What now?

I could not help but laugh about the chemo at home line. But I am so sorry for what you are going through. I have been reading about Lupus lately.....sometimes a flare comes with unexplained fever.....would a fibro flare? I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, but no one (doctor) has ever told...
  15. L

Garth Nicholson - Mitochondrial repair and Fatigue resolution

I have so many questions. Can anyone fill me in a little on mycoplasma? I have recently gone through my records, which I have not been able to do because of complete overwhelm. I have tested positive for mycoplasma pneumoniae and chlamydophila pneumoniae for as long as I have been tested...
  16. L

another serious warning about calcium

Kale has calcium and magnesium....and a ton of other stuff. Terrific veggie! Thanks for the info, Ian.
  17. L

Hating myself

I hope you are feeling better! I just needed to write because my situation similar, though yours sounds much harder. I don't have special needs kids. But I do have a big house that feels overwhelming and depression and the illnesses. I am om Prozac and Wellbutrin and the combination is actually...
  18. L

Adrenal Fatigue (Cortisol Deficiency) And Insomnia-congrats . .

A few years ago I was diagnosed with this. I took a couple supplements that really helped a lot. I bet meditation would help, too. At least help not make the problem worse. Les
  19. L

Meditation - it really works! and QiGong

Although I think my acupuncturist is wonderful and she really cares, I have a feeling the Spring Forest is going to be a lot better. It is reasonably priced, too. I think I will take the leap. ; )
  20. L

Doctors in MA?

Hi Laura, I saw your post and thought I would mention Dr. Greenspan. I have not seen her myself, but know a woman who lives near Boston who recommends her. http://greenhousemedicine.com/ My friend in Boston goes to Dr. Greenspan although the doctor is in Amherst, NH. My friend also has Lyme...