Search results | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

Search results

1. J

EMG anyone?

I saw my fibro doc yesterday and he set me up for an EMG with a neurologist. I'm not expecting anything but the 'normal' results of nearly every other test. Just wondered if any of you have had an EMG that actually showed anything? He seems to think I may have a muscle disorder other than FM.
  2. J

Loungers...139 is now open

On a sad note, our neighbor's daughter was in a horrible wreck yesterday afternoon. She had her two small children with her, ages 3 and 14 months. A semi hit her broadside, killing both her children. No way can I begin to imagine what that family is going through. For all of you who pray, I...
  3. J

Suggestion when restarting old posts

May I make a suggestion for those who restart old posts from years back? It would be helpful for you to state it is an old post. I see people responding to them as though they had just been posted. There is some very good info in them, but I for one don't like to respond to a post when the...
  4. J

Prayers please...

There are fires all around us this afternoon. We have pics, etc. loaded and ready to go. The closest is 4 miles from here..wind is sending it this way. Fire depts from two towns are fighting..pray they get it out. Thanks
  5. J

Commom cause of ALS found...

Have you seen this article? I'm so excited, because it means research continues, and progress continues in the health area. This was found by researchers in a Chinese University, showing "the breakdown of cellular recycling systems in the neurons of the spinal cord and brain of ALS patients...
  6. J

"Cure" for AIDS... help for us??

I just read an article about a man in Berlin, Germany who had both leukemia and AIDS. In 2007 he received a bone marrow transplant from a donor who was immune to AIDS (it states 1% of the Caucasian population is immune...did you know that?). Since then, he has gotten better and now shows...
  7. J

Question about the National Fibromyalgia Association..

Does anyone know anything about this group? I know someone who has donated to them in the past, and tried to contact them for the past two months. She couldn't get through. She then saw on a Facebook blog that they had done some 'terrible' things in the past. What, she wasn't able to find...
  8. J

My medical update

About 4 months ago I was diagnosed with macrocytosis (abnormally large red blood cells). My doc didn't know what to do with me (again) so sent me to a hemotologist/oncologist. I was fairly suprised to find out the possible causes, and want to share them with all of you. 1) Low Vitamin B...
  9. J

My latest health issues re: macrocytosis

I haven't been on the board for awhile...busy with docs again, after being diagnosed with macrocytosis (large red blood cells). It was explained to me that my red blood cells are actually 'eating' themselves, so the new ones are produced larger to fill in the space. It has nothing to do with...
  10. J

MIKIE, question please??

I remember you were (are?) on Heparin for a long time. Could I ask you why you started taking it? My last two rounds of labs have come back abnormal....MCH and MCHC are both abnormally high, white blood count low, and I have macrocytosis. She explained it that my red blood cells are eating...
  11. J

Prayers, Please.....

I know I haven't been here for awhile, but am asking you to pray for my sister, husband and family. She has just been diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig disease) a few weeks ago. They are going through a really tough time trying to come to grips with all that will mean for her future. They have a...
  12. J

HEAVY METAL/LEAD DETOX SUGGESTIONS?

My sis was just diagnosed with Lou Geherig's disease yesterday, which is fatal. I read that by detoxing (she made plane parts in a major plane factory for years) it could possibly slow down the disease. I would appreciate any suggestions, please. I know I've read this before, but right now...
  13. J

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Today I feel very humbled as I look outdoors at the beautiful sky filled with the brilliant colors of the sunrise, the wind blowing the tree branches so migtily, and the snow lying white and pure on the ground. The glory and majesty of God at work! As I look at all the beauty I remember that...
  14. J

PORCHLIGHT 452 is now on.........

For those who haven't finished the last volume, please do..... Springwater, I honestly don't know how you keep up with everything there! But it was very nice that your hubby's cousin felt close enough to you that she'd come late at night for consolation! You are a truly good person...
  15. J

LOUNGERS Vol 10

Hey guys, hope everyone's having a good day. Fay, I'm like you, an introvert. Always was. I think that's because I was sick even as a child and it was just easier to not be with others than to always be chosen last 'cause I couldn't keep up! So if you're by yourself, naturally you aren't...
  16. J

LOUNGERS Vol. 9

Okay, I'm back! My daughter was here a week ago and was going to order some things for me on ebay for Christmas gifts. Well, when I tried to get on the internet on Tuesday, I couldn't!! So have been without a computer until last night, and nearly a week without any social life is really...
  17. J

PORCHLIGHT IS ON NO. 449

Teacher..((((hugs))))) Sorry you're going through such a rough time right now. That's 'way too many losses to deal with! Please know I'm thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers. Take care of yourself right now...don't overdo...and think good, calming thoughts, okay??? Love ya! For...
  18. J

Question about XMRV being contagious?

I haven't been on this board much lately, but have read "some" about XMRV, and understand just how exciting all this is. BUT....I'm also reading it's a virus that can be spread? So what I need to understand is this. I have small grandchildren, and now I'm worried about being around...
  19. J

Last minute halloween costume....

My daughter and her hubby are going out for halloween, and are in need of a costume. She said their friends are wearing white t-shirts with the word CEILING painted on them. They're carrying pompons and are going as ceiling fans!! I thought that was sooo funny......... Know of anything...
  20. J

TEETH ISSUES

Have any of you had severe teeth issues since FM? I also have TMJD and with the fibro have a lot of jaw pain. Well, I just went to the dentist last week and found out I need three teeth pulled! I thought all my jaw pain was due to the TMJ/fibro for the past few months. The dentist was very...