Search results | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

Search results

1. C

THIS HAPPENED TODAY IN USA re autistic son

THIS IS what happened today, in the USA. Today was the school talent show. Our son, Danny is just 14, and has autism, RA and a really bad facial condition (not dxd that swells his face and eyes up. The talent show were really the popular kids, the big achievers etc you know how it goes. He...
  2. C

CNN Sat and Sun Program of Interest

Dr Sanja Gupta is doing an expose on the foods we eat on Sat and Sun on CNN. He is going out to the fields and such to show us how bacteria and other stuff gets to our table. I thought this may be interesting as so many of us have stomach issues and suffer from the smallest bug in foods moreso...
  3. C

WANTED ADVICE ON MOVING ROSES IN BLOOM

IF there are any good gardeners there who can advise me I would be grateful. We have a small side border we cannot even see, that was neglected for years and has to be cleared of maples and an oak tree that are about four feet or so high, so we can get them. Amidst this mess, are some nice...
  4. C

PORCHLIGHT 251 IS now klozed

Annie [This Message was Edited on 06/11/2008] [This Message was Edited on 06/11/2008] tOOK THREE ATTEMPTS TO GET THIS RIGHT![This Message was Edited on 06/11/2008] MAKE THAT FOUR ATEMPTS!!![This Message was Edited on 06/11/2008] [This Message was Edited on 06/13/2008]
  5. C

TOMATOES NEED ADVICE re salmonella outbreak

I AM EITHER STUPID OR SENILE. Just went on the CDC site and it said that Roma tomatoes are Ok to eat as are cherry, on the vine and some others. On the Nightly News (NBC???) it just said Roma tomatoes are not safe to eat,\ Plus as I already bought tomatoes (no wonder they were so cheap) if I...
  6. C

MONICAFLOWERS

JUST THINKING OF YOU AND WONDERING HOW THE SURGERY WENT AND HOW YOU ARE DOING/ LOVE ANNIE
  7. C

KEN AND OTHER MINSOTANS

gEE THAT TORNADO HIT RIGHT NEAR sT pAUL. aRE YOU ok kEN? aNYBODY ELSE THAT AREA TOO. tHESE TORNADOES ARE DREADFUL THIS YEAR, SO MANY. lET US KNOW HOW YOU ALL ARE DOING. aNNIE
  8. C

BOOK REVIEW CHAT OPEN FOR "eat cake"

hI GUYS. fOR THOSE OF YOU WHO GOT TO READ THIS BOOk written by RN Jeanne Ray, I would like to open the discussion with an overview of her domestic situation: The heroine (name??? no longer have my copy!!!) is told that her husband has lost his job as a hospital administrator, with nothing...
  9. C

Rockgar, Ken and other Prairie Dogs/readers

I picked up a book yesterday I thought may interest you. (Harper collins IBSN:0 06 052075 2) It is called "The Children's Blizzard" by David Laskin "January 12th 1888 bgan as an unseasonably warm morning across Nbraska, the Dakotas and Minnesota, the weather was so mild children went to school...
  10. C

PORCH 240 is NOW CLOSED

Hi had to go and check the number. Welcome to the new Porch. Just got back from helping at the sale, whew, wears one out. Cold enough to put the heat on. San Fran is stealing all our heat!!! Sweetie, now I recall, it was just when your own place flooded. I recall this now. Sorry...
  11. C

Survey: Anyone switched to generic Prilosec?

Just wondering if any one else has switched to generic omeprazole (Prilosec). I did and boy am I sorry. It was not very much cheaper as I buy my own, about $5 less for 24,so sure the pharms cannot make much from it either of scrips. The first day, I felt I had to take a second pill to...
  12. C

LINCAMP

Just to see if you are still doing OK after your surgery. Havn't seen you for a couple of days so hope all is well and the pain is not too bad. With love, Annie
  13. C

POEM FOR CARLA AND OTHERS WHO LOST A LOVED ONE

The Rose Near shady wall a rose once grew Budded and blossomed in God's free light. Watered and fed by morning dew, Shedding its sweetness day and night. As it grew and blossomed fair and tall Slowly rising to loftier height, It came to a crevice in the wall, Through which there shone a beam...
  14. C

PBS Airing Health Program tomorrow night 4/15

Just to let people know that there is an interesting show on PBS showing all the different health systems over the world. I thought that American people would be interested to see how things work elsewhere. Annie
  15. C

CKBALL re eye floaters

Hi Carla, Just posting off the porch here on a side track. In fact, I am hoping to post some of our original unwritten rules we started out with on #212 one of them being if you have a side issue, post that person direct, so following my own "rule". I wanted to talk more about your floaters...
  16. C

FOR ROCKGAR OR MRDAD ET AL

So guys, here is another question. This time re disability. As I just got the shock of my life when I discovered that my whole financial SS will be $200 a month when I hit 66, with maybe a little more coming in from UK. I got panicked. Will Dan's disability stay the same once he hits 66? He...
  17. C

Question Re Social Security Retirement

I cannot fathom government forms. Here goes. If I have 40 credits for SS I know I qualify. The thing is, if I earned hardly anything during those credit years, what will I actually get (min or max) at aged 66 when I can claim retirement. I took time off to care for sick DH and son. I live in...
  18. C

Grapes and Dogs

Did you see on the Menu Foods site they say that grapes can cause kidney failure in dogs? I know onions and chocolate are no nos but just passing this on. Also some kinds of lillies are fatal to cats. Love Annie C
  19. C

HELP NEED URGENT ADVICE RE FAINTING

Yesterday we had to take Danny for a rush blood test. He has an aversion to needles and also is autistic and they were not really "on the ball". They could not find a stick point, but after leaving the tourniquet on too long really they did and got the blood. During the time they were drawing...
  20. C

Article in Family Circle re cranial electrotherapy for FM

In this month's issue of Family Circle there is a very short article on FM and a new treatment they suggest is cranial electrotherapy called Alpha-Stim, available on prescription (I would think similar to TENS scrip). Two small electrodes are clipped to each ear and a weak electrical impulse is...