A message from Patti (hangininthere) | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

A message from Patti (hangininthere)

ProHealth CBD Store

windblade

Hi, this is Judy (windblade), a former member, and a friend of Patti's. She is very sick in hospice, and wished for me to give you the news. You have been her family here for over 15 years. The friendships and support that she received here have helped her through many struggles. She loved keeping up with everyone's daily news, and sharing her funny posts, inspirational quotes and science discoveries. And praying - she always prayed for each person's needs.
I was fortunate enough to meet Patti here at PH, and we have been close friends for over 12 years, e-mailing regularly. Patti has been one of the best friends of my life! I will be thankful for her forever.
Her sister, Michele, is being a good health advocate for her in hospice. Could you please pray that Patti has the best pain medications?
She sends her love and thankfulness for your friendship - for being her family.
Love, Judy

Mikie

Oh, Judy,

I am so very sorry to hear about Patti. She is such a beloved member of our little family here. I cannot thank you enough for letting us know about her. We have all been praying so much lately for loved ones who are ill or injured. We will certainly add Patti to our prayers.

I hope one of these days you will stop in at the Porch. In the meantime, please know we keep you and Patti in our hearts.

Love, Mikie

windblade

Hi Mikie, thank you so much for your prayers for Patti. I am picturing all of us that care about her, in a circle surrounding her, bringing our energies to help her through in her journey home. Her sister asked me to pray for her to get the stronger pain meds. that she needs.
I have been reading some of her posts here again. She surely loved each one of you! I have lots of good memories of much laughter and playfulness, as well as sharing difficulties and sorrows, in my time here. I had to start focusing on my healing of ptsd with the small energy that CFS leaves me. But thank you for your invitation to the Porch. The porchies helped me through many years with all of your sharing! I will think of it as an open invitation. Many blessings to each one here. Judy

Nanie46

Judy,

Please send my love to Patti.
I am so sorry to hear she is very sick and in hospice.
She has been such a beloved member here and I am praying for her.
Thank you for sharing this with us.

Granniluvsu

Dear Judy and Mikie,

Thanks for letting us know about Patti, Judy ! I will keep her in my prayers also. I didn't know that she was so ill. She has been so good about praying for everyone. Please let her know that she is in our love, thoughts and prayers.. She has been with us for such a long time even though I didn't check in with her that often. I know she was always there for everyone. I am so very sorry to hear this about Patti !! Prayers for healing , if it is Gods will , and for a painless and peaceful crossover when it is Gods time. I sure hope she will be around awhile.!!

Love,
Granni

lydia1

Hi Judy, I'm so sorry to hear this news. Please let Patti know that I am also praying for her. And praying for you, as this news must be devastating to you...it is so hard to lose our good friends.

Love and hugs,
Julie

windblade

UOTE="Granniluvsu, post: 1816888, member: 122262"]
Dear Judy and Mikie,

Thanks for letting us know about Patti, Judy ! I will keep her in my prayers also. I didn't know that she was so ill. She has been so good about praying for everyone. Please let her know that she is in our love, thoughts and prayers.. She has been with us for such a long time even though I didn't check in with her that often. I know she was always there for everyone. I am so very sorry to hear this about Patti !! Prayers for healing , if it is Gods will , and for a painless and peaceful crossover when it is Gods time. I sure hope she will be around awhile.!!

Love,
Granni

[/QUOTE]

windblade

Dear Nanie, Granni, and Julie, thank you so much for your prayers for Patti. Please keep praying that she has effective pain medication. Her sister, Michele, is being such a good health advocate for her in hospice.
GRANNI - I don't think Patti has much time left. She was sick with bronchitis starting 6 months ago, and now has late stage cancer, untreatable. I pray for the same thing you are, that God brings her home soon, out of all suffering. I like to imagine her in the heavenly afterlife having adventures, making discoveries, and being filled to the brim with God's unconditional love and life!
Patti didn't want anyone here to worry about her not showing up again, left wondering. So she sent a message to me to tell you. She loves you all much - her support family. I will give to her sister all of your messages.

JULIE - thank you so much for thinking of me. I am feeling pretty devastated at losing her. Have been walking with her through the past 6 months trying to figure out all her health problems and needs. Haven't been able to have contact since she went into hospice, just a week or two ago. We emailed each other constantly for 15 years. And have shared so much laughter, family stories, the day to day of living with cfs; and so much music, prayers, science discoveries. Everything that brought us life. It's so good to talk about her here - in feeling great thankfulness for a great friendship, to those who loved her. Judy

windblade

ELLIE 2010 - Georgia - Hi! I will definitely send your message to Patti. So thankful for your prayers. We had lots of great times here years ago. I remember a lot of laughter and playing of games. Good memories. I hope you are well. Prayers to you too, in all that your life holds. Judy

Ellie2010

Judy I’m just so sorry—I know what it is like to lose a good friend—I’ve thought of both you and Patti through the years and am sorry I lost touch. I’m going to pm you my email address—hugs to you both—

Mikie

Dear Judy,

Thanks for this additional information. I've been thinking about Patti and praying for relief from pain for her. I was with my Mom when she passed and she reached out to someone I couldn't see and she had the most beautiful, peaceful look on her face. I know no one ever dies alone and that loved ones from Heaven come to take them Home.

I had noticed that Patti wasn't here but didn't know whom to ask about her. She was the greatest sleuth when it comes to routing out spammers here. She spent so much time giving to others and making us smile. God bless her and bless you for being such a good friend.

Love, Mikie

windblade

Oh Mikie, I love that story about your Mom! It really lightens my heart. Around 30 years ago I came across my first book on NDE's and the beauty and the hope in them helped me through a very dark time. I have since read and listened to many stories from hospice workers, doctors who came to believe that NDE stories of their patients were real, a brain surgeon who died, and so many more. Their experiences are so far beyond anything I had ever imagined or hoped for. Don't you wish they could write to us and describe their experiences?! Have you ever heard of the modern Irish mystic, Lorna Byrne?

Mikie

I haven't heard of her but will look her up. We had a sweet woman named June here years ago. I was so sad after Mom passed and she gave me advice. She said to envision a white fluffy feather in my palm. I was to load all my sadness onto that feather and when I had, I was to blow on it and let the wind take it from me. I did it and it was truly a spiritual experience. Before long, white fluffy feathers started showing up for me and my kids. I live in FL so finding feathers isn't that unusual but these feathers showed up in places they shouldn't. DD would go get DGS out of his crib and there would be tiny white feathers in his hair. He had nothing in the crib with feathers in it. DD was kneeling in church and thinking about my Mom and a white feather drifted down right in front of her.

Mom died on July 11 and my kids and I constantly look at the clock at 7:11. We aren't checking the time; we are somehow compelled to look at it. It will happen several mornings in a row when I am dealing with something stressful. We always remember her soothing words--"Oh, Honey, it's going to be okay." I believe our loved ones can communicate with us after death. I found strength from these things but there is a danger for some people that it could keep them from letting go of their pain.

Thanks again for your sweet note and I will check out Lorna Byrne.

Love, Mikie

Ellie2010

Mikie that is a beautiful memory of your mother. Years ago things were very stressful in my life and I had a dream about my mother who passed in 1997. Mom told me in the dream that things were going to be ok and they were! I believe too that our loved ones look out for us—

Mikie

Ellie, thank you so much for sharing your beautiful memory. I believe when we share these things we grow in spirit.

Mikie

Judy, I just watched a two-part interview with Lorna Byrne. White feathers were brought up two times.

windblade

Hi everyone, I just received a beautiful photo of Patti holding hands with her son, Joey. From her sister, Michelle. I am SO happy to have it. I see that Patti has her patchwork quilt on her bed, and her favorite pajamas on. The room looks quiet and cozy. Michelle was ready to stay there, to make sure that Patti has the pain meds. she needs; and she read to Patti from this thread, giving her all your loving messages. I love that she heard them!
Can someone show me how to enlarge the type,( this is smaller than an ant's scroll).

MIKIE, I'm so excited that you watched the Lorna Byrne videos. I was very hesitant about believing someone who says they can see angels. But I learned about her from a scientist, Rupert Sheldrake, that my DH was listening to. Then I saw how grounded, and kind and caring she is. She also works with environmentalists. I believe those white feathers were a message from your Mom. And what a loving heart she had, from what you wrote about her. And ELLIE, your dream about your Mom was surely her way of comforting you.
Thank you, everyone for your prayers for Patti! I feel that we are like dolphins in a pod who make a circle around their sick ones. Our love and prayers encircling her, to bring her safely home. Love, Judy

Last edited:

Mikie

Judy, thank you so very much for the update on Patti. I also believe we circle loved ones with our prayers as they begin the journey Home. My neighbor, who was like a sister to me, is in Hospice too. She is in Boston. Her DD has been texting me. The whole family is there for her. She is getting pain meds to make her comfortable. Been praying for her too and for my neighbor who just had surgery for a brain aneurysm. Keeping the angels busy.

To enlarge the type, go ahead and type the post. Then hold down the control key and then the 'a' key at the same time (Ctl+a to highlight all). That highlights everything. Then go to the strip above and click on the T with the up/down arrow next to it. The words Font Size will show up when you just put the cursor over it. There is a drop down menu of font sizes when you click on it and you can click on the size you want. I will do that here with the size 22. You can choose the font size before typing but people have trouble with its not holding once they hit the return for paragraphs. Better to type everything and then enlarge it.

Thanks again.

Love, Mikie

windblade

Mikie, I'm so sorry about your neighbors/friends in hospice or the hospital. Especially for your friend that was like a sister to you. It is so heartbreaking to be separated, even though I believe we will be united again. And for eternity. Take extra special care of yourself, especially because we are living through other stresses. I'm praying that you will find something comforting, strengthening, and delightful for your body, mind and spirit.
Judy

Last edited: