A message from Patti (hangininthere) | Page 2 | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

A message from Patti (hangininthere)

ProHealth CBD Store

Mikie

Dear Judy,

Thank you so very much. I pray for you as well because I know how difficult loss is for us even when we have great faith that we will meet again in Heaven. Please also take good care of yourself. It is a blessing for me to have been invited to join you in this circle of love for Patti. I've upped my prayer time and it is definitely helping.

Love, Mikie

sunflowergirl

Judy. Are you the member who I met years ago here who Spring and I used to have good, long discussions with? You had to flee your home and leave everything because of mold?

I’m not familiar with Patti, but I do pray for peace for her and an easy exit to Heaven. We all have to walk that end road, some go easy, others it’s a hard time for them. My DH died 6 years ago, but it wasn’t easy for him.

windblade

Sun, yes, we were Spring, Sun and Wind. And a few others in a wonderful group. I think on the Spirituality board. I remember your wonderful paintings, and gardens. I'm so sorry about your losing your husband. Patti was going through a lot of pain for the past 6 months at home also. Now I'm glad she is getting pain medications.
Yes, my DH and I had to leave our home after the flooding and hurricanes. Our house was declared a Federal disaster area. And the mold was horrendous.
We are living in a comfortable 2 family house now. Big rooms, and many tall windows in each room. I love looking out at the trees.

sunflowergirl

Judy: so you’re still in that house overlooking the trees. I remember you telling about how wonderful it felt to be up there. Come here again so Spring and I can reconnect with you. PH used to be a super great place, especially the chit chat board at that time. There must have been over 30 that would come to it, post funny things to laugh about. Then it suddenly was shut down and we all had to move on to other boards. I came back here about 10 years ago but it had gotten small. Mikie was still here, but the other two moderators, acesnana (she died about 5 years ago) and the other one, Shirl, who lived down around Louisiana, was gone.

I’m almost 76, so most of the gardens are now succulents where you just stick them in the ground. I did love having a large cutting garden years ago, but nothing stays the same in life. Still painting mostly in WC now, but with the covid the desire to paint just isn’t there. I’m still running my etsy store, thankfully selling slowly for almost 7 years all the things I collected when I had an antique business. And I’m back to writing. With my age creeping on, I’m determined I’m going to finish everything and maybe get them published. There’s always self publishing thru Amazon. I did a bout with bladder cancer and recently had a checkup...no new cancer of which I’m thankful for.

Please come back to the chit chat board and let’s talk there. Spring and I and everyone else would so love it.

windblade

Hi Sun, yes, when I first came to PH, there was only one board. No separate forums, is that when you first came? I keep trying to figure out how many years ago that was.
Succulents - their geometric shapes are so fascinating. And their pastel colors, when placed together they remind me of mosaics. I just bought a beautiful Asian kimono from Etsy that I had my eye on for quite a while. What kind of things do you sell?
That is such good news about your cancer-free diagnosis! I think I'm remembering that you had bad headaches or tmj.
What kind of writing are you working on?
After the boards changed into categories, I was on the Spirit. board a lot. I loved listening to other people's stories about their spiritual journeys and sharing prayers and encouragement.
About 4 years ago I got something called Vestibular Neuritis, which is a virus or inflammation of the inner ear. It controls your balance. It was so weird that my body kept feeling like I was walking down steep, steep hills when I was walking on a flat floor. I did physical therapy, but am mostly bedridden now. I do a lot of exploring of life though through reading, and emailing, music, and everything of interest that I can find. Poetry, the mystics, particle physics. There is no lack of 'interesting' in this world!

Reactions: bct

Mikie

Judy, OMG! I have been interested in quantum physics for some time now. I have to keep re-reading it because I keep forgetting things. It's very interesting. People think you have to stand at black boards writing huge equations but there are a lot of books that explain it to amateurs like me.

sunflowergirl

Judy: I soooo feel for you, with the ear/equilibrium problems. It’s miserable. Yes, got diagnosed about 10 plus years ago with TMJ/minears, had to go thru a brain scan, intensive hearing test and other checks. I lost a lot of my hearing in right ear and deal with positional vertigo so I can ONLY lay on my left side otherwise the world is spinning for hours. When I had a CT scan for the bladder, I thought I would be OK since it had been years dealing with the vertigo, but after 15 min. of laying flat on the scanner, it hit BIG time. The tech doing it said she could stop for a few minutes so I could sit up but I said no...keep going. It was pretty awful afterwards. Had to sit 10 min. on the table before two of them helped me to another room, then they walked me to my car and waved bye bye. I prayed the entire time coming home, taking all the side roads. Then suddenly there was a car in front of me with a biblical verse...basically “trust in the lord”. So I knew I would be OK. But the dizzies lasted almost 6 hrs.

Years ago I worked with a man whose wife had terrible ear problems. Spent her entire days laying on the couch, unable to move. Then docs did an experimental surgery on her. They put in a little “trap door” that would open when the ear liquid got too full, allowing it to run out. Apparently a miracle, so then they did the other ear. All free since she was the one they tried it on.

I have a lot of neck/shoulder back problems and have a book on trigger points. I check my neck/shoulder muscles every couple of hours because trigger points can cause the dizzies. You might check on this, specifically the sternocledomastoid and trapezius muscles.

Mikie

Sun, I knew you had dizzyness but I didn't realize the extent of it.

Judy, I am so sorry to learn that your condition is keeping you mostly bedridden. It must make it really difficult to help your Mom.

I have some hearing loss in my right ear. When I was younger and went SCUBA diving, it took forever to equalize. Some days now, I will have a difficult time walking in a straight line. I keep listing to the left. My Mom had balance problems. My DSIL gets horrible vertigo that at one time, caused his face to smash into the table. Scary.

That you both keep plowing through such problems and do so much makes me admire you both so much.

Love, Mikie

windblade

Mikie, I think you might have me mixed up with Willow, she mentioned caring for her Mom. Thank you for your kind words. It feels really good to be valued. How do you make the smiley face with hearts, instead of the blue thumb " like "button? To put at the end of posts. Your inner ear balance problems are just where mine stem from.

SUN, oh I really feel for you with the vertigo that makes the room spin around. It's horrible. I think the Vestibular Neuritis is the worst thing that happened out of all the symptoms of 30 years.
What I try to do is, just like I try to use the energy ebbs and flows, I will use the times when I have better balance, to get little things done. Like this morning, I was able to put a meal together from a salmon salad that my dh made. And ginger tea. And then I loved watering my plants, which were drooping so badly. It felt so good to move around.
When I first got home from the hospital, also the floor was buckling up and down like waves. I would hold on so tightly to the counters. I think my brain must have recalibrated, because those symptoms lessened. And thank God I can read! That's my survival mechanism, and I have always loved exploring through books.

Last edited:

windblade

MIKIE - quantum physics! The very first book I read was The Dancing Wu Li Masters with Gary Zukav maybe 30 years ago. I'm just like you, I get so fascinated, whole new realities are opened up, and then I finish a book, and don't really understand much. Except, I feel that the very structures of the universe opened up in a way that is more expansive, and connected at the same time.
I asked my DH yesterday, and he said the same thing happens to him, as far as keeping the understanding. He listens to webinars on consciousness, science, spiritual discoveries, and now NDE's, as he goes about doing our chores.
I feel my enthusiasm renewed from your interest.

Mikie

Judy, I was getting you guys mixed up. I know the difference but when I went to respond, everything seems to have gotten confused. Good grief! I'm sorry. That was the first book I read too. PBS has always had some good programs on Einstein and quantum physics. It can be such a mind blower that I often have a bit of trouble wrapping my brain around it. MDSIL and I seem to stumble on the same things at the same time. When I've visited, I'll see he is reading the same books I've been reading. DD just shakes her head at the two of us.

I have found a link to spirituality in quantum physics. It seems to me to be the link between religion and science. Einstein said he wanted to know how God thinks. One of the things that I have found amazing is how our intent or focus can change the physical world. There is a famous Japanese study of water where people projected hateful feelings at one water container and others projected loving feelings at another container. The water molecules were examined afterward. The 'hateful' water molecules were in disarray. The 'loving' molecules were beautiful. Don't know whether you have seen it. I have actually written the word, LOVE, backward on my plastic watering jug so that the word, love, is seen from inside the jug.

That is why I like with the love icon here. I think all the love we send out makes the Universe a better place. Lightly move the cursor over the blue thumbs up 'like' in the bottom right-hand side below the post. Above it, some other options, including the love emogi, will appear and you can click on it.

Love, Mikie

sunflowergirl

Judy and Mikie: your brains are much more attuned to what you read on the quantum psysics......I can’t wrap my mind around it, period.

Yes, the dizzies are bad at times. When it first hit I couldn’t even walk without falling.. AWFUL. So I saw the ENT doc who ordered all those tests. But I also deal with essential tremors inherited from my mom. It makes my head shake, especially bad in the mornings, that’s why I think it’s connected to my bad neck/spine problems. There are times that I just want out of this world.

windblade

Mikie, yes, Masaru Emoto and the water crystals!

Over 20 years ago, I was browsing through the local library, and I came across this fascinating title, " The Physics of Angels". I was so intrigued, putting those words and images together. I was not able to go back to the library, but 20 years later, my DH had been listening to a biologist called Rupert Sheldrake, and I thought, that name seems familiar. He had written the book on the physics of angels. So I looked it up right away on my Nook, and found it, after all those years! That's where I first learned about Lorna Byrne.
She has been able to actually see, not only angelic beings, and the spirits of our love ones visiting us, but in a tangible way the force or energy that emanates from loving someone.

She describes in her book, 'Angels in My Hair" how her family was all sitting around the table going to enjoy a rare treat of cake, and she saw the energy-mist of love coming from her Dad to her mother. And then her mother said something sharp and critical to her father, and she saw the energy lessen and withdraw.
Just what you described.

I'm so glad that you have your SIL to share books and ideas with. One of the greatest joys of my life has been to share in my DH opening up to spiritual explorations, connected with quantum physics, consciousness, prayer, meditation. It has brought him such an enhanced vitality. I love seeing him so enthusiastic.

Rupert Sheldrake writes and speaks about something he calls 'morphic resonance' which he explains as, " the idea of mysterious telepathy - type interconnections between organisms and collective memories within species". He has so many talks on youtube where he combines science and spirituality. Just as you said, joining together. The place where they come together. Thrilling. I feel a renewed enthusiasm in listening to your discoveries!

Last edited:

windblade

Sun, I want to thank you so much for inviting me back here to the chat board. Sometimes, things can feel so overwhelming, and the support and friendship here are helping me through such a painful time. I can relate so much to your physical struggles. I also have digestive problems, and have to try and sit up for hours after eating, because of GERD. I'm trying digestive enzymes, and apple cider vinegar in capsule form, and drinking ginger tea.

I'm so glad that you have all of your artistic work in so many areas. That's what my reading does for me, opens me up to other valuable explorations, and out of my sick body.
I loved how you saw the bumper sticker about God's help when you were driving home so dizzy and disoriented. We need that divine love so much!

windblade

Sun, about trigger points. When I brush my teeth, I stand with my spine pressing against the tile wall. It helps me stay upright. I think my balance also has to do with that area. I have to use a walker outdoors, or hold onto my DH arm. I'm looking forward to going for a drive with him when the weather cools, to enjoy looking at the trees.
The physical therapist who came to my house helped me learn how to get down the stairs again, and just sitting in the car at first without moving, then driving one house down, and coming home, etc. I built up a tolerance that way. But the team of nurse, ot, and physical therapist had no understanding of chronic fatigue syndrome, and dropped me when I didn't have the strength to keep to their grueling schedule. Three people was just too much. Maybe I can discover more ways to improve.

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Sun, it isn't easy for me to understand some of the quantum theories and some I'll likely never understand. PBS has a series where students go through exercises to learn them and those just leave me in the dust. I tend to look more at the amazing unseen forces that seem to be affected by our focus on them. There have been experiments where groups of people pray and meditate for a specific purpose and there have been results. These are not scientific studies but the results are so encouraging. In one case, the group prayed for peace in a violent city (can't remember which one). There was no violence that night. Could be a coincidence but it was the only night without one incidence of the violence. I think it's fascinating that there is so much going on that we can't see. Inside a table or chair, there is all kinds of molecular activity and energy. I really need to get back to it.

Judy, reading your posts has made me want to get back to reading again. I still haven't ordered one of Lorna Byrne's books for the Kindle. I need to go to the library to renew my card. Then, I'll see what I can download. Most of the books I get for the Kindle are free or only a couple of dollars. Her books are more expensive but I'll buy them if I can't borrow them from the library. The Physics of Angels sounds especially intriguing. How wonderful that you can share these things with your DH. I've been divorced more than 30 years. One night in bed, I wasn't upset about it but just wondering why I hadn't found anyone in all that time and had remained single. I heard a distinctive voice (God's or one of His angels?) say, "You had a lot of work to do and you couldn't have done it if you were with someone." OK, question answered.

I am so impressed with you both and how you handle your pain and physical problems. You both inspire me. I have a hiatal hernia so acid reflux is a constant problem for me. I was taking Zantac until it turned out to cause cancer. My doc put me on Rx Pepcid and it is working really well. Right now, my cognitive issues seem to be the worst problem. Doh!! Hope you both feel better.

Love, Mikie

sunflowergirl

Judy: You didn’t need an invitation though I’m very happy you’re back here again. Actually everyone reading can come and post. The more the merrier.

I was searching among my stories I had started and didn’t complete and came across one that a few of us were adding to. That was back in 2005 so that small board would have been after the PH board closed down the chit chat one. About 16 years ago. I had been on PH for about 3 years before it had shut down and learned so much about FM and everything connected to it including trigger points. Before then I had never even been on any board so it was all a learning experience for me.

I used to have stomach troubles...more so than I do now. I realized I had run out of probiotics so started taking them again. Made a big difference in how my stomach handles various foods. I also take papaya enzymes after each meal and also helps. I’ve lived with a bad/nervous stomach since I was a child. My dad did also so I just figured I inherited whatever he had. I look back at how my life had been ruined by a touchy stomach. And over 25 years ago I discovered apple cider vinegar. Used to take a little in a juice glass with water. Ugh...but I found that within 30 min. I was feeling better. Don’t use it now....I found it’s just too strong on my stomach.

windblade

Mikie, another good ebook resource is Overdrive, if your local or state library is connected to it. All free. The amount of books depends upon your region.

SUN, I actually remember your putting a story out, and people adding different sections. The story went all over the place, and everyone had so much fun. I didn't know you then -was new there, I think. Do you write all fiction, or journals/essays also?