A new story to add to: | Page 2 | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

A new story to add to:

ProHealth CBD Store

Willow77

The whole town was invited. Mabel had softened somewhat on the idea of a Support a Teen program. Especially if it would give kids something to do in this quiet little town. She would just have to see. Its location on the edge of downtown had its upsides. The lot had been vacant for years so at least she would not have to walk past a weed filled lot strewn with garbage on her way to do her shopping or to visit Mavis in her antique shop. Maybe, just Maybe everything was turning out just the way it was supposed to. Mabel smiled as she settled down with a cup of tea with her good friend Annabelle who had brought her the news.

sunflowergirl

Chapter 3

Lottie was just exiting the law office of Flagg and Findlay when she saw an older woman getting out of her car in front. Too late to duck back in, she had to confront the one person she dreaded the most seeing, Ruth Mackle, mother of her old boyfriend, Ben. Lottie tried to busy herself searching in her purse, but could almost feel those hard, probing brown eyes boring into her. Ruth Mackle had aged but she would recognize her anywhere. Ruth stood in front of her, a little unsure of who this person was but suddenly it hit her.

“Carolyn Piper, as I live and breathe”, Ruth almost hissed this sentence. “I heard rumors you were back in town.” The dislike she felt toward Lottie was hard for Ruth to hide. “I know your family is all gone, so I can’t imagine who you would be here visiting.” Ruth glanced down at the little boy standing next to Lottie and stared. Her first thought

Last edited:

Willow77

was, he looks familiar. Maybe he could be, but no she has been gone for 20 years. Ben was happily married 7 years ago. Confusion swirled with the hate in her mind. She drove Carolyn out of town once, she could do it again. But with the town now supporting Carolyn how would she manage it. She needed to plan very carefully.

sunflowergirl

Lottie smiled at Ruth, refusing to show any intimidation she might have felt. All those early years of manipulation from Ruth when she and Ben were going together came flooding back into her memory. “I’m not visiting, I’m here for good.” answered Lottie. I’m having a house built over on Clover Lane. My realtor located a really nice piece of property overlooking the beach. It’s going to be a two story where I will be able to see the ocean and the sunrise from my bedroom window and my son can grow up in the town that I was born in. You must come visit when it’s been finished.” The last sentence was hard for her to get out but

Willow77

she had just managed when Brent, Ben's cousin ambled up to his Aunt Ruth. "I thought that was you," he said to his Aunt. Lottie had hurriedly pushed Evan behind her hoping he didn't see him. Brent turned to Lottie, "I haven't seen you in what, 7 or 8 years, how have you been." Lottie trembling slightly, looked him in the eye and said. "I thought you were in Europe chasing your dream."

Ruth smiled slyly, she thought now she had her ammunition, she knew what to do. But what Ruth didn't know was that Lottie....

sunflowergirl

knew some information concerning Ruth and her family secrets she had kept hidden and wouldn’t want them coming out. Lottie wasn’t above a little tit for tat blackmail if things came to that. She wasn’t

Willow77

the sweet naive girl that Ruth had pushed around. In fact she wasn't that girl at all.

Brent looked closely at Lottie, he noticed things up close that were, let us say a little odd. Lottie didn't have freckles but if you looked closely in the bright noon day sun you could just make out freckles that were cleverly hidden by makeup. He didn't like where his thoughts were taking him ......

sunflowergirl

Lottie caught “that look” she knew so well, so shut him down in the way she had learned to do with so many men who had crossed her path who had one track minds. She didn’t want anything to do with any of the Markle men anymore. Once burnt twice shy.

”Well, I have an appointment and don’t want to be late,” she told Brent. She did in fact have an appointment in a couple of hours with her contractor, Hunter O’Malley, to pick out tile and hardwood flooring. She got a little smile on her face just thinking about Hunter, and his dark auburn hair. Now there’s someone

Willow77

she would like to get to know but now was not the time. She had important work to do to get this charity off the ground and she was determined to not let any man get in her way. Afterwards she would revisit that thought. Hunter did look especially yummy in his work boots and hard hat.

Mavis and Annabelle were downtown shopping for baby clothes where they saw Ruth and Brent when they came out of the Heaven to Seven store. Mavis turned quickly and walked the other way Annabelle hurried to catch up. "What was that all about." she said. Mavis replied, "....

Last edited:

sunflowergirl

“I don’t want to run into Brent since he’s been back from bumming around Europe. He’s been spreading rumors about

Willow77

"Ben and Lottie. I know they're not true. Ben's a good guy, just to timid to stand up to his Mother." Annabelle was surprised, Mavis always did want to believe the best in everyone but she didn't expect this. Mavis went on, "I know Brent too and although he was a real piece of work before, he came back from Europe changed." Annabelle couldn't believe what she was hearing. So she asked, "What do you think about Lottie then. Is she a good person too." Mavis looked a little strained when she replied, "...

sunflowergirl

“I don’t know her, only all the nasty stuff passed via Ruth that’s passed on to me at my shop from her friends. I don’t like to make judgments on someone I don’t know. I like to give the benefit of the doubt and think good of them until they’ve proven me wrong.” What are your thoughts?“

Willow77

" I'm with you on that. I think we should give her the benefit of the doubt. Especially with little Evan. What do you think of him. He is cute but sometimes I wonder if he is well." Annabelle had to agree. She wondered the same thing...

sunflowergirl

Chapter 4

Lottie had just driven up to her half way completed new home when in her rear view mirror she could see Hunter’s truck pulling up behind her and wave thru his windshield. Darn, but he looked cute. She got out of her car and walked around to the back car door to help Evan out.

”Hello. I was hoping to get here first but you beat me to it.” Hunter yelled from his truck.

Lottie smiled at him and waved back. “I made good time since there’s only a couple of lights and stop signs on the main road leading here.”

Hunter laughed. “Yes, that’s the beauty and charm of living in a small town.“ He busied himself pulling out samples and arranging them on the bed of his truck so she could look thru them. Evan ran over to the truck, then shyly stood there looking up at Hunter. “Hi there. What’s your name?”

Lottie wished she had changed her shoes instead of wearing her heels since it was making it hard to walk in the soft dirt. “I’m

Willow77

so excited about the samples. There are several here I like. I don't know how I am going to chose just the right ones. Do you mind leaving the samples here so I can have my designer help me choose. I want something not only beautiful but durable. Everything will have to hold up to a lot of traffic going through." Hunter smiled. She looked so beautiful with the early fall light making her brown hair glow with copper highlights. "Uh, Hunter." Katie replied with a gentle hand on his arm. He shook his head and said. "Yeah, sure. I will just leave them in the green house." The green house was the only part of the project completely finished.

As Lottie and Evan were walking back to the car she was scolding herself. I really need to get beyond this attraction to Hunter, this project is just to important, besides Evan needs me now more than ever. He was not looking well and that had her worried. He was a preemie and she never wanted to go back to those frightful days and nights she had spent alone in the NICU with no family or support from anyone. After all that is why she moved back, for Evan and for others in her situation not for a man no matter how much she liked him.

As she was helping Evan into the car he started coughing. She looked up into his precious face and was alarmed to see that his nose was bleeding.....

windblade

....just as Mayor Mikie was walking by with her pet Ibis, named Idris. The mayor helped Lottie staunch Evan's nosebleed, and welcomed Lottie back to town. Mayor Mikie had heard rumors and talk about Lottie, but did not like mean-spiritedess and gossip. Evan was thrilled with Idris, and admired his white feathers, long red legs, and blue eyes. The bird was taller than he was, as they stood on the sidewalk. And then it suddenly rose up and flew into the local pond to do a little fishing for a snack.
Lottie, Evan and the mayor turned into Willow's Cafe, the doorway flanked by small, potted Moringa trees. Once seated inside, they ordered cappucino's and chocolate croissants, and settling in, Mikie asked Lottie....

Last edited:

Willow77

"Would you like to go sit out on the patio? It is in a beautiful little courtyard and it has toys that Evan could play with. Idra would be able to join us out there." Lottie readily agreed. With cold weather around the corner it would be nice to sit outside and enjoy the sunshine, even if the air was a little crisp. They went outside together and found a table off to the side where they could talk undisturbed. Lottie was so touched by Mikie stopping to help her and then inviting her to Willow's. She had heard of it before but had never been. She decided that she would have to visit more often. Other dinners filtered in and out as Lottie and Mikie talked. Lottie felt welcomed and at peace, what was it about this place that touched something in her spirit. The only time she felt this way was when she was a little girl and Mabel had stepped up to help take care of her when her Mother was in jail. She decided right then and there that she would invite Mabel to the Cafe the next day.

sunflowergirl

As Lottie sat with Mikie, each of them lost in their own thoughts, she glanced up to see Ruth walk into the courtyard accompanied by two friends. They took a seat at the little table at the other end of the courtyard, watched them settle into their seats, chatting and laughing the entire time as the waitress handed them menus. She couldn’t take her eyes off Ruth as hard as she tried. The thought came to her as to why? Why did this woman hate her so much. What had she ever done to her aside from dating her son. Just then Ruth looked up from her menu and froze, as she spotted Lottie with Mikie. She leaned over and spoke something to her two friends, and then she got up from her seat, and walked slowly toward Mikie and Lottie. Her smile seemed to be pasted on her face. Mikie looked up at that moment. “Ruth, what a pleasure to run into you. Do you

Willow77

think you will be able to participate in the charity auction this weekend." "Oh, I wouldn't miss it for the world," replied Ruth. She looked pointedly at Lottie and said, "I see you're still here." Lottie turned to Mikie with a hurt look on her face. Mikie replied, "....

sunflowergirl

“Of course she is, our home town girl is here to stay. Haven’t you heard that she’s building a great, big house down by the beach and I’m looking forward to being invited to her open house when it’s all finished.” Ruth had the winds knocked out of her sails, but managed to reply