A new story to add to: | Page 3 | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

A new story to add to:

ProHealth CBD Store

Willow77

"Okay then, I need to get back, my meal has just come. Talk to you later Mikie I have some things I need to discuss with you." Ruth tottered back to her table, to her 2 martini lunch. Mikie and Lottie looked at each other and laughed. Ruth never could hold her liquor.

Later that evening after Evan had been put to bed Lottie decided to call Mabel. She had kept in touch with her through all the turbulent years in L.A. and Vegas and was a big part of why she wanted to come home to Peaceville.

Last edited:

sunflowergirl

Chapter 5

Next morning after getting Evan up, she fixed his breakfast of hot oatmeal with a little smattering of raisins and brown sugar which he loved. So nice she had a small kitchenette in the little room they were staying in. She had grown up eating cold cereal, sometimes not even finding milk in the refrigerator and having to eat it dry, or going without any thing to eat, so she was a determined mother that her son would have a different life than she had lived. Never one to procrastinate once she mulled over something, she perked some coffee, added some cream, and grabbed the phone. After 3 rings Mabel picked it up. Hello?

Last edited:

Willow77

"Hello Miss Mabel, this is Lottie. It is such a nice day today would you like to join me for Lunch at Willow's Cafe. I had coffee there yesterday with Mikie and the courtyard dining area was so nice." "would Evan be joining us," Miss Mabel asked. "No," Lottie replied, "he starts school today. I registered him yesterday morning. he has had a few weeks to adjust to the new location so it was time." Mabel replied, "I would love to have lunch with you today, could we make it about 1:00, I have some shopping to do downtown and I need to drop some things off for Mavis at her shoppe." "Sounds good to me, I will see you then," relied Lottie. She looked at the clock and saw she was a little ahead of time getting Evan ready for school so she decided to take extra care with her outfit. You never know who you might run into while running errands downtown she thought. She scanned her closet and found the perfect outfit.....

sunflowergirl

Lottie and Evan were just exiting her vehicle at the school when she spied of all people, Hunter walking along with a cute little girl with long auburn curls holding his hand tightly. That had to be his daughter she thought. I never thought to ask during all those meetings whether he was married and had a family. She had noticed he didn’t wear a ring, but then

Willow77

not all men wear their rings at work. At some jobs it is down right dangerous to wear one.

Later after running errands in town she met up with Mabel, she would always think of her as Miss Mabel from when she stayed with her as a small child. But Mabel requested that she call her Mabel now so she would try.

As Lottie and Mabel were seated at their table, Lottie glanced over to a quiet corner in the courtyard and saw Hunter and a beautiful auburn haired young woman. She was surprised that she felt so deflated. She thought she was doing a good job keeping control of her emotions. Well, she thought that settles that, he must be married and this woman is his wife and the mother of his child.

As she was looking over the menu Hunter and the woman were just leaving. He spied them and came over to ask her and Mabel. "Lottie how nice to see you, have you seen the new flooring yet, I need to get your approval before we go ahead and order it." "No," Lottie said, "I was planning on doing it before picking up Evan at school." Hunters companion had seen the way Lottie looked at Hunter and decided to introduce herself. "Hi, I am Grace, Hunter's sister, my daughter and I are staying with him until we buy a new house. Will I see you at the town fair this weekend our children look about the same age. Perhaps they would enjoy a play date some time." Lottie was so happy she blushed a pretty shade of pink and replied, "...

sunflowergirl

“I think that would be fun for the kids. She remembered to introduce Mabel who was sitting there with a big cheshire cat grin on her face. The two watched as Hunter and Grace walked out of the courtyard, then Mabel turned to Lottie, and said, “He’s quite a looker and I can tell you think so too.” Lottie for once felt tongue tied and decided she needed to change the subject. “Would you like to go with me to look at the flooring or do you need to get home?”

”HA, me get home? Nothing waiting for me at home except some breakfast dishes in the sink and soap operas on the TV. I think I would also enjoy seeing your house that’s being built. I’ve heard stories about it but I want to see it for myself.

Lottie followed Mabel to her home so she could drop off her car then the two of them drove to see the new house and how it was progressing. The workmen were busy putting up siding on the front of the house, and they could see that the brick chimney was also completed, along with the front door and windows having been installed. Lottie sat there a moment, taking in all that had been completed since she was last here. She turned to Mabel and said

Last edited:

Willow77

"I am so glad that I came home. It feels so right to be here. I wasn't sure at first that I did the right thing. But everything is coming together so nicely. Evan and I should be in our new house, and the Support a Teen center should be open by Christmas." "Oh," said Mabel, " that is when Mavis' baby is due. I am so glad that you came home too. I have been praying for you all this time." "Thank you," said Lottie, "I think your prayers led me home."

After supper Lottie gave Evan his bath and was tucking him into bed when suddenly she heard something at the front door. She opened the door and found..........

sunflowergirl

“Jake!” Lottie stood there in shock, and after a few beats managed to squeak out, “how did you find me?”

”It wasn’t that hard. All I had to do was follow the paper trail you left with our credit card. That must have been one little tiny mistake you made by not using one in your own name. Did you think you could run away. Remember Evan also belongs to me, and the divorce wasn’t finalized yet. With your background I don’t think I will have trouble getting full custody of my son.”

Lottie stood there, feeling fear ratchet up the trembling in her body. “I

Willow77

didn't do anything wrong. You abanded us. I have full custody." "We will see about that." "Jake responded. "Let me see Evan." "No, he is asleep. Come back tomorrow after school." That doesn't work for me," said Jake. "You will just take him and take off again." Lottie tried to distract Jake while she slipped her phone out of her pocket but Jake was to quick for her and grabbed her wrist and wrenched the phone away. Just then the police pulled up with lights flashing but no siren. They shinned their spotlight on the porch where Jake and Lottie stood. As the policeman walked up the steps, Lottie saw the curtains move and realized that Evan had called the police just like they had practiced. Jake with his criminal past had threatened them before and they weren't taking any chances, maybe now the police would do something to help them.

sunflowergirl

After a very stressful 30 minutes of the police interrogating Lottie, Jake, and finally Evan who she had brought downstairs, it ended up with Jake being taken away in handcuffs and put into the police car. Apparently there was a warrant out for his arrest for other charges he had managed to escape from. Grand theft auto she had heard one police officer telling another. That didn’t come as a surprise to her. What a botched up mess she had made with her life, but it only made her more determined that for Evan things would be different. She sat there quietly thinking of all the twists and turns her life had taken, of all the wrong people she had allowed into her life, she would go slow and be cautious, choosing carefully who she would pick as a friend or lover and from this time on she would only concentrate on the one bright spot in her life, her son. She turned to Evan, who had sat huddled next to her on the couch. “Ok buddy. After all that excitement how about a cup of hot cocoa before getting to bed again?” He looked up at her and grinned.

The End.

Last edited: