Birthday and Kind of Depressed | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

Birthday and Kind of Depressed

kch64

I didn't really want to say this, but I thought, why not.

Today is my birthday, and I know I should be happy, but I'm really feel like crying.

I have cried a few times today, but tried to keep it in.

I have had family and friends call me and send me good wishes, and I'm thankful, but I just don't feel happy today.

It just seems there's been one struggle after another all of my life. I know I am blessed, but that's how I'm feeling.

Thanks for letting me whine.
Kendra

windblade

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!

I'm so sorry you're feeling down. Sending some prayers your way.

Sometimes we just have to grieve and let ourselves feel the bad feelings.

But I'm also hoping that you can find something - some little treat to make yourself feel special.

Judy

kch64

Your post cheered me up and I thank you.

By the way, like that crazy jumpsuit you have on in the photo. You're a cutie-pie. Bet you have all the guys chasing you.

Thank you.
Kendra

russiankids3

So sorry to hear you feel down on your birthday. I've never liked my birthdays since I turned 35 and now I'm over 40 so I really dislike it them now!! I think it is natural to evaluate our lives on birthdays and sometimes life can be darn depressing!!

Please know I am thinking of you and sympathize with your feeling that life is one struggle after another. I have been there and still get there.

It is fine to cry and grieve and let it all out. I believe that sometimes something very good or potentially great can come from such self-cleansing. I have had it in my life. Don't ever feel guilty for grieving because you know you are blessed or that others face so much more. YOU are the one experiencing YOUR pain and sadness and others, even those close to us, can ever really know or appreciate YOUR feelings.

I am sending you a great big hug--I am a "toucher" type of girl. Here it is and I hope you can feel it:

(((((((HUG!)))))))

Sue

nanna4550

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KENDRA!! Crying is all part of the celebration, after all you probably cried on the day
you were born. We can just make it part of our yearly ritual. There are at least two things to be happy about; the year is over, the trials that happened last year are done. Just don't think about anything else. I hope you feel better tomorrow, but for today, have a good cry.
We care about you. Janice

petsrme

Happy Birthday! I hope you are feeling better.

By the way your pic in profile is so cute. I love the kitty!

CarolK

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.....

HAPPY BIRTDAY DEAR KENDRA...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOOOOOOOOO YOUUUUUUUUUU!! AND MANY MORE!!

AND THAT WAS SUNG ON KEY I WANT YOU TO KNOW!!

WELL SWEETIE LAUGH, CRY, SPIT OR GET ANGRY!! IT'S YOUR DAY AND I SAY DO IT UP HOWEVER YOU WANT!! AND REMEMBER, JANUARY PEOPLE ARE VERY SPECIAL!! MINE IS THE 28TH, THIS SATURDAY!!

SO CELEBRATE YOU.. CELEBRATE THE UNIQUE PERSON YOU ARE FOR THERE IS NO OTHER PERSON ON THE FACE OF THIS EARTH THAT IS JUST LIKE YOU!! NO ONE ELSE HAS YOUR EYES, YOUR SMILE, YOUR UNIQUE WAY OF LOOKING AT LIFE.

YOU ARE A GIFT TO ALL YOU MEET! AND IF THIS HAPPENS NOT TO BE YOUR BEST DAY... THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT YOU GET A FRESH START TOMORROW... AND THE NEXT DAY AND THE NEXT!

CELEBRATE YOU, KENDRA!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETIE!! CAROLK

MamaR

I know how it is to feel bad on your birthday.

We are here....wish that we could eat some cake with you!!

MamaR

sharon5650

Oh Hello I don't know you, but you are my friend if you are here....I would like to wish you a very Happy Birthday, don't feel lonely, we are all your friends, especially me up here in cold cold Canada....I get this way too though, just down because I lost my old self to this dam disease. I had to accept that the old me is gone now, and this is the new me, when I got the the acceptance stage, it became alot easier...not always like this but I try to stay like this, and believe me I have a hell of alot of changes in my life too. I cry alot too, but thats ok, it is an emotion and we have to deal with it...bye and cheer up I am with you......sharon5650

CinCA

Kendra -

Happy BD to you! It's my BD today, too, and honestly, I haven't really celebrated it at all. Our house went on the market officially, which is NOT a good thing, and I spent the day stressing, cleaning, and driving 120 mi. roundtrip to pick my daughter up from the grandparents'. It was also hubby's last day of work at his "old" job, and he didn't get home until about 6 pm. I opened a few gifts he got me, but nothing big. There is way too much going on. My mom did call me early this morning, which was nice.

I certainly hope your day went better, and if you did cry, it let out a lot of the pain, etc. Just because it's your BD it doesn't mean you have to act or be a certain way...I just hope it's the start of a better year for you!

Take care, and happy BD to you!
C.

JLH

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
H*A*P*P*Y B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y, DEAR KENDRA .....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!! (and many more ......)

So sorry that you aren't happy on your birthday. :(

Some days it just seems that the life has just been sucked out of you .... and you feel just like crap! That doesn't sound very ladylike, but sometimes you just have to tell it like it is!!

I hate it for you that your life has been one struggle after another. Do you foresee any positive activity for 2006? I certainly hope so.

I often get down and depressed on my B/D, too, for some reason. I guess you think the day should "feel" special, and it never does for me. One year my husband actually told me that birthdays were never important to anyone but the person who was having the birthday, so for me to just get over it and face it!!!! Of course, I told him he was just awful--and he claimed he was just telling me the truth!

My turn for feeling like you are today is coming soon--my B/D is on Feb.2 -- so I'll have to face it that the day sucks, but your life goes on!! LOL

To be a bit more cheery now .... I hope you have done something that you like to do today, had a special dinner and/or dessert, and now it's time to soak in a bubble bath with some smelly candles and music on.

If you didn't get a chance to pamper yourself today, take the rest of the week and this weekend and do something special just for you.

Big Hugs,
Janet

kch64

You are all TOPS in my book. Thank you for your kind words of encouragement and support.

How nice it is to "know" all of you.

And Cinca, a special Happy Birthday to you too.
We share the same day.

Your words touched me deeply. My night did get better last night. The prayers and good thoughts helped me.

Love to all of you.

Kendra
[This Message was Edited on 01/25/2006]

CanBrit

I know how you feel. I'm turning 50 on Valentines Day and having this DD is not how I envisioned waltzing through my "mature phase of life". More like loping now!

Best wishes to you....this day will pass. Go find someone you care about and give them a big hug. Better yet, go find someone you don't and give them a bigger one!

Onwards and upwards.

Cheers

Eileen

dazedconfused

I hope your birthday got better as the day went on. My birthday is Friday this week and I am taking the gift card my daughter gave me (in pain or not)and spending the day at a day spa. I will come back a new person. (never been to one before so I am hoping) lol I will let you know after.

Hugs to you
dazed