Body shut down | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

Body shut down

ProHealth CBD Store

joyfh

George is still in Hospital I was told by his Dr. that his body is shutting down...there is nothing more they can do for him....Maybe Monday he will be transfer to re-hab center and his said he will call Hospice...I just hope God takes him soon and not let him suffer...
I will go to centra care to see if they can give me something for stress...sleep...God help us all...JOY

woodman

Oh Joy....I read your post this morning about your dear husband George and it broke my heart. I too hope for him that he will not suffer. Hospice will take good care of him and provide many ways to help keep him comfortable. You have been a wonderful and caring wife to George...I believe deep down George knows that even if he has forgotten many other things!
Peace,
Nancy

mernie8

I'm so sorry to hear of George's condition. You've been a wonderful wife and caregiver for George. I too hope he doesn't suffer anymore and that you find peace in the days ahead. Please take care of yourself now and know the hospital and hospice will take of George's needs now. This is a tough time for you now......please continue to come here for all the love and support you will need and please keep us posted on George's condition. We love you both.

God bless,

Mern

joyfh

Some times Dr. can be wrong.my brother in law said once this irrigation is done and we see his vital signs are good..and if he can pee on his own without any problems and he gets a little re-hab for 100 days he just might pick up so we will see what we will see..If it is his time we all will know..JOY

Suzerzsclero

with each of one of your cyber family, Joy.

Mernie really spoke my feelings.
I hope that you are able to get something to help calm you. None of this can be easy, but please remember...

We love you both and hope that each of you get through this in the easiest possible way.

How fortunate you and George have had each other for the years you've been together.

You and he will be in my thoughts and prayers,Joy.
Soft Hugs,
Suzer

missclutter

So very sorry to hear about George. You are in my prayers and hope God blesses you both. May God see fit to take him soon and not let him suffer any longer. You have been a wonderful caregiver and I know in my heart that George remembers all this, you just don't know. Please keep coming back we love to have you hear. You are a blessing to all.

Lois

SailingSaint

I know it is difficult to watch, but if the body is shutting down, be sure to get Hospice involved as soon as you can. They have a marvelous little booklet, "Gone From My Sight, The Dying Experience" by Barbara Karnes. Hospice has a nurse on duty 24/7 for all the questions you might have as well as other services. They also provided the morphine to keep my DH comfortable during his last few days and hours. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Nancy

joyfh

Seems like every day is different...they took him of irrigation yesterday..now just a cathader..not so much pressure..keep in for 2 days...poor baby...see if he can go and urine is clear...HMMMMM..

vital signs are still good and medication is given as needed ...I feel he ate good for lunch yesterday but last night he was not eating good...I try to give him soft food like broth, pudding, mash potato/gravy...juice & water...he gets some down...like I said one day at a time...

They have gloves on him and tie because he pulled the cathader out ones and he started scraching..God I hate this, I know there doing what the Dr. said but to see him and him asking me to get this off of him just makes me cry..some times I just have to get out of the room and cry..

Saturday I went to Dr. for stress and he gave me medication to help me sleep..sure did just that...I took 2 about 10pm and slept until 3am...believe me that is good for me..also will have a little physical therapy for my neck it is just tention and stress...

There supost to take him to re-hab in a day or so..I been getting all his clothes ready...we will see if it will do any good...after 100 days..then we will go from there..
he might be able to handle it or not but we will try..if God want to take him from me ..so be it..I don't want him to suffer any more...JOY

dustymule

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your precious husband at this very difficult time. I am very sad for you both and my heart is broken. Sincerely, Barbara
[This Message was Edited on 07/07/2008]

joyfh

I never know what the day will be...today they took the gloves off and he was in good spirits..but he is in a lot of pain.suppose to give him medication every 6 hours but he needs it every 3 hours ...what they do is wait until he eats before they give him any pain medication but he don't eat much...just very little.then he gets pain medication and sleeps..

Dr.was talking to me and George daughter..did not seem encourage at all..but he said YES go to re-hab and see just what or how George can take it. but I think it will be a waste of time...all we can do is try..

I did talk to Palliative Care Team Manager..(Hospice)
They talk to me awhile and was very helpful..if by chance re-hab calls and says that there is no progress say in a few weeks and said we need to take him else were then they will call hospice and we have to take him home and they will arrange a hospital bed and come every day for help..

This will be very hard but I will get plenty of help..just hope his time on earth will be quick and painless..

mernie8

I'm thinking of you and George everyday. Please take care of yourself and get as much rest as you can. You had my email at one time......hope you still do. It starts with emptynest. If you can find it, please send me a note and I'll forward my phone number to you if you ever need to talk. I'm in Melb just across the state from you. We were all trying to get together a while back. Maybe we can still do that. I'd still love to meet you. God bless you dear....

PS: I'll search for your email...can't remember if you wrote me at work or at home. If I can find it, I'll send my number. Or I'll check with Deb in Tampa....hopefully she still has yours.

Love,

Mern

joyfh

I will try to find you..YES I would love to talk to you..I do have some one in my bellsouth address book..see if I can find you..my addy is my name backwords..if that will help..JOY

mernie8

I sent you an email.......to your dietdrink account. I included my phone number. I hope it came to your email account. Please let me know.......we'll find some way to get in touch.

God bless you and George,

Mern