Calling RaMom and all4relief | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

Calling RaMom and all4relief

ProHealth CBD Store

EricaH

In the vitamin d posts I saw that you are both in Michigan. I wondered where you're at. I am a law student at MSU and currently live in East Lansing. At the end of the semester we're relocating to Brighton. It would be great to get to know some fellow vitamin d deficient Michiganders!

Always,
Erica

EricaH

That's quite a hike! My rheumy is here in Lansing as well.. Dr. Fiechtner. I know there are others in the area of course. My what we have to do for this disease!

Always,
Erica

RAmom

Hi! I am in Brighton. I used to work near East Lansing (Mason) and took some classes at MSU! What brings you to Brighton? (We moved here 10 years ago and love it)

EricaH

all4relief

If I hadn't been able to get in to see Dr. Fiechtner, I would have gone to see Dr. Guggenheim! Small world!

RaMom

What a coincidence! Maybe we can get in touch once I move in May!

Always,
Erica

EricaH

My husband just started a new job in Ann Arbor. We're going to split the distance and move to Brighton. I have one more year of law school here in Lansing and hopefully have a job here too! How do you like the Brighton area? I don't know all that much about it, but I know I won't run out of places to shop!!

Always,
Erica

RAmom

That was our situation too. I worked in the Lansing area and my hubby in the Detroit area so the Brighton/Howell area was the middle. Now that I'm at home with our kids it would make more sense to live in Oakland county, but we love it so much here. You get more for your money here (as opposed to the metro detroit area). When we first moved here we didn't even have 1/3 of the stores. It's really nice to have everything you need within a 5-10 minute drive. We have great restaurants too.

It would be nice to get together once you move here.

all4relief

Sounds like maybe we'll all know a good lawyer when it comes time to fight for disability. So what kind of law do you plan to practice. I've thought about going into law a few times and have even been overed a partnership in a practice years ago. I think I understand it well, I just have problems with the idea of maybe having to defend a guilty person, although, I realize I could chooose so many other areas of practice. Cooley Law school moved a campus closer but still much farther than I want to travel. Maybe in my retirement I'll go to law school. Wishing you the best.

EricaH

I'm really excited to check out the Brighton area. You'll have to let me know what some of your favorite spots are. We'll be looking for a church home when we move, so if you know anything about the catholic churches in the area, I'd love to hear it.

If I remember correctly from your others posts, you have two children. How old are they? We're still a couple years away from starting a family, but I can't wait!

We'll definitely have to meet up once we move. My email address is ehuddas@hotmail.com.

EricaH

At this point I'm focused on estate planning, but as a young associate I'll practice whatever they pay me to! While learning about the law is very interesting, law school itself is pure torture. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, particularly not someone looking to enjoy retirement!

all4relief

Silly me, I guess I just enjoy taking classes. Not the work so much but I do it. I don't know if I'll ever sign up for the classes but I think I'd enjoy them more knowing I didn't have to take them or do well. It takes the pressure off and for me becomes a hobby. I enjoyed my first degree so much I took my husband back to school with me to get my second degree. We really enjoyed it, others thought we were crazy. WE talk about going back and getting more but life has interrupted our plans.

Best of luck in your studies!