Doctor cut my medicine off | Page 2 | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

Doctor cut my medicine off

ProHealth CBD Store

Pebbles730

So glad you got your refills. Its one less stress that you don't have to worry about. I had a doctor that I was seeing that had me come in every three months. I would go in and tell him about any issues. I told him recently when it had gotten very cold here that I was in alot more pain. Not able to go out because it hurt too much. He said to me (I kid you not)
" you know I don't think antidepressants do anything for pain." I said to him, well what can we do about this pain. He says "lets increase your anti depressant." Needless to say that was the last time i went to him. I went back to my GP and asked him to take over my treatment which he did gladly. He listened to everything I had to say and gave me my meds with no problems and just to know that you have someone standing behind you and your treatment, makes like so much easier.

yucca133

Please be careful with methadone. My son was prescribed methadone for pain as well as Soma and Restoril. He died from "mixed chemical intoxication". He took his meds as prescribed.

Methadone has an extremely long half-life, up to 90 hours. That means it builds up in your body each time you take it. Also, methadone has been linked to heart arrythmias. The number of deaths has risen 300% since it has been prescribed for pain.

He took methadone for a while and decided to get off of it a few years prior to his death. I don't think he detoxed slowly. He told me it was the most horrible experience he had every had. Methadone is just as addicting, if not more, than narcotics. I think that is why heroin addicts keep taking methadone for years and years. They must be getting something other than detoxing from some other drug. I know the main reason he started taking it again was the very low cost of the drug.

I realize that it helps a lot of people with pain, but it is not without it's own demons.

Val
[This Message was Edited on 03/16/2010]

Hi, I haven't posted in a long time. I called my pharmacy 2 days ago so they could fax my doctor for a refill for the hydrocodone I take. I have been on the same amount for years and have it refilled every 2 weeks. Well today was the day I ran out,(as it should have been). when I checked at the pharmacy it hadn't been refilled. I called the clinic and the nurse said he didn't want to refill it until he saw me again, which he couldn't do till Monday. If he wanted to see me why didn't they say something before this. Know I don't have anything till I see him and am really starting to feel bad. Even the pharmacist agreed with me. Any ideas?
you just go to web and simply order online when i was out of my pills i m order my pills on web
+-ord

Hi, I haven't posted in a long time. I called my pharmacy 2 days ago so they could fax my doctor for a refill for the hydrocodone I take. I have been on the same amount for years and have it refilled every 2 weeks. Well today was the day I ran out,(as it should have been). when I checked at the pharmacy it hadn't been refilled. I called the clinic and the nurse said he didn't want to refill it until he saw me again, which he couldn't do till Monday. If he wanted to see me why didn't they say something before this. Know I don't have anything till I see him and am really starting to feel bad. Even the pharmacist agreed with me. Any ideas?
you just go to web and simply order online when i was out of my pills i order my pills on web