does anyone use maca powder | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

does anyone use maca powder

ProHealth CBD Store

sunflowergirl

I've been reading up on this root powder from Peru, and the energy people get from using it. Since I now own a Nutribullet, I watched someone on youtube make a drink and added this powder. So I'm off on a quest to learn about it.

jkennedy

I tried maca, and it had a terrible effect on my sleep, even just a little in the morning.

The regular maca upset my stomach, so I tried the gelatinized. It was fine for my stomach, but had the same negative effect on my sleep.

However, I have a highly sensitive system and frequently have these negative sleep effects with supplements that most people don't have. For example, any more than 1/64th of a tsp. of ribose powder in the morning gives me insomnia that night.

jkennedy

If anyone wants to try maca, you might buy it from a store that will accept returns if a product doesn't work for you. Whole Foods does this, so I sometimes first buy a supplement there to see if it will work, and the next time I buy it from someplace less expensive. A couple of other stores in my city also accept returns on supplements.