Dr. Terry Wahl's Protocol | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

Dr. Terry Wahl's Protocol

ProHealth CBD Store

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

The show, The Doctors, was on today. I don't usually watch it but Dr. Terry Wahl was on. I had not heard of her but she mentioned the diet which got rid of her MS symptoms is now being used to treat people with all kinds of conditions including Fibromyalgia. She was diagnosed with MS and was eventually confined to a wheel chair. She decided it was up to her to help herself because traditional treatment wasn't helping. Her recovery has been amazing.

I'm not sure her diet would be helpful for everyone but I do think using food as medicine is worth looking at. It is gaining in popularity in medical circles. Cleaning up one's diet has no drawbacks and it might pay off big time. In any case, y'all can look her up online if you would like to know more.

Love, Mikie

Nanie46

Hi Mikie,

I'm glad you caught that episode.
Dr Terry Wahls is quite well known in the world of Functional medicine. She has a website and a youtube channel called "Terry Wahls MD".
The Wahls diet has helped many people recover from chronic illness. She wrote a book, "The Wahls Diet" and a cookbook, "The Wahls Diet: Cooking For Life".
Thanks for posting about this. I hope people will take some time to check out her information.
Food really is medicine.

Reactions: bct

Mikie

Hi, Nanie,

I was watching The View and Shania Twain was on. She talked a bit about having Lyme Disease. You probably know this but it was news to me. I always like it when celebrities come forward to talk about these conditions. I wish Venus Williams had talked more about her Sjogren's Syndrome. It caused her to have to stop playing tennis for a while. She came back to playing but only doubles with her sister and not singles as before. Carrie Ann Inaba, who has Sjogren's, has been quite open talking about it. A friend here in the hood never quite understood my exhaustion until she saw an interview where Carrie Ann described it. The exhaustion with Sjogren's is far more profound for me than with my FMS and CFIDS/ME put together.

I am so glad that the medical community is recognizing how food can help us heal. A doctor here uses it in his practice to help heal and prevent illness. I believe researchers will find whatever causes a switch to be thrown in our bodies that causes our symptoms but, until then, I think we have things we can do to help mitigate our symptoms. Thanks for your valuable input on Dr. Wahl.

Love, Mikie

Nanie46

Hi Mikie,

It does help to bring awareness to Lyme disease when a celebrity comes forward to talk about their illness. Some others that have talked about their long Lyme battle are Avril Lavigne, Debbie Gibson, Alec Baldwin, Yolanda Hadid, Anwar and Bella Hadid, Ben Stiller, Kelly Osbourne, Ally Hilfiger, Kris Kristoferson, Daryl Hall and recently, Justin Bieber.

Regarding Sjogren's Syndrome or any other autoimmune disease, there is a really good article titled, "How Conventional Medicine Got Autoimmune Diseases All Wrong" by Amy Myers MD. It's on the Mind, Body, Green website. The article used to be easy to find if I Googled it, but now it's not. If you go the the MInd, Body, Green website and put the title of the article in the search bar, the article is found on page 2 of the list that comes up.

There are also a lot of articles written by Functional Medicine doctors who address the root causes of autoimmune diseases (which Conventional medicine ignores) and how to reverse them. Anyone interested in learning more can Google "Autoimmune diseases Functional medicine" or "Sjogren's Syndrome Functional Medicine" or insert the name of any disease with Functional Medicine.