I cannot have dark or milk chocolate at all because they send me into horrendous migraines. Even tiny particles in a cake or in a desert will get me really bad. Chocolate liquor is used in dark and milk chocolate, but not in white chocolate.
But I can eat White Chocolate without any problem. It is made from cocoa butter WITHOUT THE CHOCOLATE LIQUOR and I do absolutely fine with that. So that's a choice to consider. A site is below for you to read.
I have written this down. I can identify with the migraines thats what it does to me suffered since 13 but still tempted to eat it. I love chocolate. Or should i say luuuuuvvvvvvv chocolate
It was definately the cocoa i was allergic to but i will ask about the white chocolate.