Famous Movie Lines | Page 2 | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

Famous Movie Lines

ProHealth CBD Store

rockgor

26 I'm mad as Hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore.
27. Well, Nobody's perfect.

28 Here comes the invalid. I have to have two kinds of ice cream. I'm recuperating.
29 All of this has happened before, and it will all happen again.

30 If he's a Polish Count, I'm Greta Garbo.
31 “Roooaaarrrrrrrrrr!”

Rock

Last edited:

gb66

Yep, #23 is All The President's Men.

#26 Network

#30. Sounds like a line from Victor/Victoria maybe spoken by James Garner?

#31 The MGM lion?

Last edited:

rockgor

26 is right. Peter Finch won an Oscar, but died before it was awarded. Heath Ledger
did the same thing in Brokeback mountain. Both actors were Australian.

30 is the right movie. I think it was a waiter who said it. Not a major character.
31 is an excellent answer. I was actually thinking of the T Rex in Jurassic Park.

I thought 27 would be easy. 28 is very difficult. I don't remember ever hearing it, and
it's from a classic musical I've seen 3-4 times. 29 is from an old Disney film.

Rock

rockgor

Hi Barry

I think "Them" is an anagram for meth. You can still see The Faces of Meth on Youtube.
Very scary.

"Them" is also the name of a sci fi horror movie from the 50s that stars giant ants and a life-
sized James Arness who went on to play Marshall Dillon for decades on TV. His brother Peter
Graves was also an actor. Like so many other great stars they came from Minnesota. Nice to
see you here. Come back again.

GB. "Nobody's perfect" is the final line in Some Like It Hot. Spoken by Joe E Brown.
You can also find this bit of cinema history on Youtube as well as some complete movies
from the 30s starring Mr. Brown.

All of this has happened before" is from Disney's Peter Pan. I think the narrator
says it at both the beginning and the end of the movie.

Rock

rockgor

Well, I think we're are number 32.

32 Phone Home.
33 Mary Haines, don't you have any pride?

34 The force is strong with this one.
35 You're going out on that stage a youngster, but you're coming back a star.

36 Do they think I'm dumb or somethin'? I make more money than Calvin Coolidge
put together.
37 He'd better get that trunk outta there before it starts to leak.

Rock

gb66

32. E.T.

33. It's a Wonderful Life?

34. Star Wars?

35. All About Eve?

36. Yogi Berra? lol

37. Jaws or Titantic?

The only one I knew was E.T. lol GB

rockgor

Good Morning, GB

ET and Star wars are correct. You got all the non-human quotes absolutely right.

Hugs
Rock

rockgor

Okee Dokee.

33 had an all female cast. The movie was B & W, but in the middle there was a fashion
show filmed in color.
35 You're right. The movie is about show biz. It was a big hit during the Great Depression. Almost half a century later it was revived as a Broadway musical and won a Tony for Best Musical.

36 is another landmark musical. No 1 on the list compiled by the American Film Institute.
37 is a very scary film by the master of scary films. From the 50s.

Remember, you do not have to answer in the form of a question.
Rock

rockgor

Very good, GB. You can step right up to the rear of the class. Boy, that was a scary
movie. When Raymond Burr as Lars Thorwald is coming for Jimmy Stewart it's goose bumps and shivers time. (I can't imagine why they gave the villain a Norwegian name.)

Yes, The Women is also correct. Take a look at the author's bio. Clare Boothe Luce.
Writer, politician, ambassador. She married Henry Luce, the publisher of Time and Life magazines.

Rock

gb66

Did you see that movie with Christopher Reeve in a wheel chair and someone was trying to kill him? Don't remember the name of that one but it was scary. It made me think of Rear Window when I saw it. GB

rockgor

Hey, just woke up. Yes, I saw it. It was "Rear Window" revisited. Made in 1998.
I think you can see the complete movie on Youtube, no charge. My favorite
Christopher Reeve film is "Deathtrap". Co-stars Michael Cain. That is also on
Youtube.

I like scary movies, but not gory ones.

Rock

gb66

My favorite Christopher Reeve movie is Somewhere In Time. Not really scary unless you're afraid of 'bad acting'. lol Still loved the movie though! Especially the music. GB

rockgor

Hey There

Never saw Somewhere in Time. But I did have a record of the score. I liked it too. Music was written by John Barry. He won several Oscars and other awards. Also wrote Born Free and some James Bond scores.

Rock

dmcduck

38. Sammy's so confused he doesn't know whether to scratch his watch or wind his butt.
39. What's a conscience?
40. I was a stand-up tomato: a juicy, sexy, beefsteak tomato. Nobody does vegetables like me.

rockgor

Hi Duckie

Nice to see you here. Drop by more often. I'm pretty sure that the tomato dialogue is
from Tootsie. His agent was yelling at him 'cause he wouldn't sit down like the
Director ordered.

I have no idea where the other two lines came from. There are a couple movies
named Sam or Sammy.

"What's a conscience?" is probably from some film where politicians are talking.

And here are a few more lines to identify.

41 Cowards die many times. The valiant never taste of death but once.

42 Personally, Veda's convinced me that alligators have the right idea. They eat
their young.

43 Prove yourself brave, truthful, and unselfish, and someday, you will be a real boy.

Rock

Last edited:

dmcduck

Rock - Yes, the tomato was from Tootsie. Dustin Hoffman was AWESOME.

No clue on 41 or 42, but by hysterical kawinkidink, 43 is from the same movie as 39. Same scene. Oh, guess I ought to say, since it seems to be hard. Disney's Pinocchio.

And the Sammy's line is from Steel Magnolias. One of my fav lines of all time.