Famous Movie Lines | Page 3 | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

Famous Movie Lines

ProHealth CBD Store

rockgor

Excellent, as usual GB. It just occurred to me that I had posted a quote form
Shakespeare's play Pericles, I'd have all "P" titles. But at the time I didn't know
there was a P-Play. All I know about it is that Pericles was Prince of Tyre. If he
was the Prince of tires, he would have lived in Akron, Ohio.

Oh yeah, Wikipedia says scholars generally agree that another playwright named
George Wilikins wrote about half the play. Do you suppose the main character
resembles the Michelin Man?

Rock

gb66

Hope you guys will post some more quotes. My mind is still half asleep. I just woke up from a 3 hour nap and not even sure what day it is. :) I had an appnt. with the dental folks this morning for a cleaning and polishing. I'm very shiny now. GB

rockgor

Hi GB, et. al.

Glad to hear you are shiny. No wonder you light up the board. I have the same problem about what day is it. And I frequently confuse dusk and dawn; don't know if the day is starting or ending.

Per your request, here are some more quotes.

44 You'd better leave while it's still possible. Go now.
45 This week already I'm giving up 3 dinner invitations to spend 32 marks on her.

46 Love means never having to say your sorry.
47 Go Ahead. Make My Day.

48 Look, Aunt Martha, men don't just get into window seats and die!
49 The poor didn't want this one.

Rock

gb66

46. Love Story (didn't like that movie, too sad). Ali McGraw and Ryan O'Neal?

47. Dirty Harry, Clint Eastwood

48. Arsenic and Old Lace

Rock, When my days and nights are turned around I can't figure out when to take my medicines. I hate that feeling of waking up and not knowing if it's am or pm too. We're so pitiful. :(

rockgor

All correctomundo, GB. You didn't like Love Story! I thought it wonderful. Ryan
O'Neal was so appealing. But he got into drugs and then his son did too. I did see
Ryan on some crime shows in the last couple years. He seemed to be OK.

Don't remember seeing Ali McGraw in any other pictures. But she had a successful
career. Lot of drama in her personal life.

Seems to be almost mandatory that highly successful people who become rich and
famous at a young age will do their best to sabotage themselves.

Rock

gb66

Sorry, but there was always something about Ryan O. that I didn't care for. I don't think I ever saw him smile in any of his films. I do remember seeing Ali M. in some others but can't remember which ones. I believe she was in some of the teen movies but I could be thinking of someone else.

I do remember not liking the old man in Love Story. Whoever it was that played Ryan's father. Was it Ray Milland? He was so mean to Ali. GB

p.s. I did however like the song. I have a musical jewelry box that plays Love Story. Very pretty song.

rockgor

Hi Kiddo

I thought the old man was played by John Houseman. But he was in Paper Chase.
I got the two movies mixed up. Well, that happens all the time nowadays. Yes, the
music was very nice. Won an Oscar.

Did you have one of those music boxes with a twirling ballerina on top? I think
they were popular back then. Remember the tune Music Box Dancer? I think it
was popular in the 80s. An ice cream truck used to come around playing that or
pop goes the weasel at previous location. I thought that must be one of the worst
jobs in the world. Probably ruin your hearing as well as any love for music.

Anyhoo I used to have the record. Composer is Frank Mills. I know nothing about
him. Will have to look him up.

49 Houston, we have a problem.

ARG! Computer is acting up.

Rock

gb66

Couldn't get 44 or 45.

It was Ray Milland in Love Story as his father.

Speaking of Paper Chase. That was a good movie and one of my all time favorite tv shows. I liked the actors in the tv series better than the ones in the movie. I can still hear John Houseman saying 'contracts', that was his specialty as the professor Kingsfield. GB

Last edited:

rockgor

Hey GB

Can't think of any more good ones. Since I stopped going to the movies in the
80s I don't really know anything current. I'm going to the library to see if it has
any Debbie Reynolds movies that I haven't seen. Am currently reading her son's
book on the family.

Hope you had a good day. If not, hope tomorrow is better. After all, tomorrow
is another day.

Rock

rockgor

Don't think so. The Federal government is now too large and can react almost
instantly. Unlike it's inability to respond to the attack on Fort Sumpter in 1861.
Lincoln wasn't even in office yet.

But all kinds of progress has come to the land of Dixie is the last 161 years. Far as
I know there is no significant sentiment for such action. I spent 5 weeks in Atlanta
in 1968. Nice place. Would like to go back and see it again. I had planned to travel
after I retired, but that didn't work out for some reason or other.

I wish I could rise again. Doesn't seem to0 likely. Maybe we should resurrect an
old game. I'll have to go back and look at some.

Rock
upload_2018-8-5_20-23-20.jpeg

gb66

I've been to Atlanta also. Went there when I was about 14. We went to Stone Mtn. and saw the cyclorama. We climbed to the top and had a picnic. I don't think you're allowed to do that anymore. It was in 1954!

Georgia, Tennessee, and North Carolina are really beautiful states. Lots of mountains and beautiful trees and flowers. We had planned to move back to Florida when we retired but had a bit of a health problem by then too. :) And the cost of living was high down there. We couldn't afford the increase in our homeowner's insurance. It would have more than doubled. I wanted to live in a retirement community till I found out how high the fees were. All in all, we were better off staying put. GB

gb66

I was going to look at some old games and saw that Diane had been the one that posted the list for us. I miss her so much. She was such a sweet lady and a good friend. Wish she was still with us. GB

rockgor

When I was at Stone Mountain they still hadn't finished the sculpture.

Yes, Diane was fun. I hope Kevin is doing OK. I read decades ago that men who marry shortly after
their spouse dies generally do so because they had a happy marriage and hoped to again.

I went back to page 19 of games, read the last page where the subject was song lyrics. It was 4 years ago.
Some posters still here; some gone. The game was to continue the lyrics of the song started e.g.

Oh, Beautiful, for spacious skies...

Add the next line.
Rock

Attachments