FM and skin maladies | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

FM and skin maladies

ProHealth CBD Store

Granniluvsu

I may have sent something like this sometime ago not sure. I have had FM for many years, at least 30 or more and the last year or so I have started with very sensitive skin, itching and burning almost everywhere else especially the tops of my feet where they get pink/red blotchy sort of look like a blotchy sunburn. Also under the skin on many areas. I also get the kind that come and go blotches but that might be something else esp on my tummy area. That may be due to stress and different situation,s. I have been going to the dermatologist and I had some biopsies , one looked liked urticaria dermatitis and I was put on Xolair shots for 3-4 months . Don;t think they did a thing for me and Plaquenil. Off that now it didn't seem to do much..

I also am a person that bruises easily and now it seems that some of the meds are doing that to me also. Well, I am off most of them and have started Dapsone and not sure that will be helping me so far. I am thinking that I might wan to go back to Rheumy to works with auto immune disorders even though I haven;t been diagnosed.with one other than if you count FM. Some dr's count it as one and others don;t. I used to go to a rheumy many years ago but wasn't taking her drugs other that Flexeril and Klonopin at bedtime. The second biopsy the dr took came back with possible autoimmune disorders but the disorders she tested for came back negative. I also have lost some hair but not a whole lot hard to tell as I always has a lot of hair. This itching and burning is driving me bananas. I go back and see her in a few more weeks I think

I have been coming to ProHealth for many years but find myself mostly on the PORCH on Chit Chat. Would love to hear from anyone who has or knows of someone with similar symptoms which I am beginning to believe has no cure. Sorry this is so long !!!

Blessings and Love,
Granni :)

Reactions: bct

TigerLilea

Hi Granni - My mom is 87 years old and she also suffers with very itchy skin and skin rashes. So far her doctor and the dermatologists that she has seen haven't been able to figure out what is wrong with her. Her hands at this time are so red and itchy that it hurts her to touch anything. She gets bad rashes on her arms and legs that come and go. The first time she used Prednisone it cleared the rash up completely, but within the year she had it back again and Prednisone didn't work the second time. She gets very little sleep because the itching wakes her up at night.

I'm sorry to hear that you also suffer with skin problems. I sometimes wonder if the antibiotics that mom was on after her hip replacement surgery caused the start of this problem. Before that time, she never had problems with skin rashes and itching. It seems the more times she has to take antibiotics, the worse the problem gets.

I hope that you are able to find out the cause of your skin sensitivity. I sometimes wonder if food sensitivity could be an issue as mom will go a few months where everything seems to be getting better, and then it flairs up again.

Granniluvsu

Hi Granni - My mom is 87 years old and she also suffers with very itchy skin and skin rashes. So far her doctor and the dermatologists that she has seen haven't been able to figure out what is wrong with her. Her hands at this time are so red and itchy that it hurts her to touch anything. She gets bad rashes on her arms and legs that come and go. The first time she used Prednisone it cleared the rash up completely, but within the year she had it back again and Prednisone didn't work the second time. She gets very little sleep because the itching wakes her up at night.

I'm sorry to hear that you also suffer with skin problems. I sometimes wonder if the antibiotics that mom was on after her hip replacement surgery caused the start of this problem. Before that time, she never had problems with skin rashes and itching. It seems the more times she has to take antibiotics, the worse the problem gets.

I hope that you are able to find out the cause of your skin sensitivity. I sometimes wonder if food sensitivity could be an issue as mom will go a few months where everything seems to be getting better, and then it flairs up again.
Thx TigerLilea ,

It is so weird and alot of it seems to be more under the skin like a blotchy sunburn. Is that similar to you ur mom? The prednisone creams don't help a lot and if so very little and temporary. Gotta run for now and hope some other PH peeps will be able to shed some light on this situation.

Hugz,
Granni

TigerLilea

Thx TigerLilea ,

It is so weird and alot of it seems to be more under the skin like a blotchy sunburn. Is that similar to you ur mom? The prednisone creams don't help a lot and if so very little and temporary. Gotta run for now and hope some other PH peeps will be able to shed some light on this situation.

Hugz,
Granni
Mom's rashes look to be a type of eczema. It's definitely on top of the skin with her arms and legs. Her hands don't look like there is a rash, but her palms are permanently red like she has been holding them under hot water.

Mikie

When my Mom was about 90, she got a rash and saw the dermatologist. They biopsied it and it turned out to be a different kind of eczema. They gave her some kind of topical cream that did help. Sometimes, these skin conditions are difficult to diagnose and treat.

Love, Mikie

Granniluvsu

MIKIE,

I have had two biopsies and both said something different and the creams really do not help much that I can see. Most "rashes" or whatever you want to call them seem to be under the skin. Probably my last bet will be to possibly go toa friends Rheumy who aso treats FM and autoimmune stuff . Maybe she will recognize something that might be beneficial to me. Thx for your input, Hugz, Granni