FUNNY CUTE KIDS & ANIMALS, VOL. 2 | Page 3 | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

FUNNY CUTE KIDS & ANIMALS, VOL. 2

rockgor

Another educational video, Patti. It illustrates certain laws of physics involving
gravity and bodies in motion. Sir Isaac Newton would have approved.

Reminds me of a Worker's Compensation case I was assigned many decades ago.
Guy hurt his back. So we (meaning the insurance company) were paying loss
of wages and medical treatment. But the guy saw an add on TV for a device similar
to the one above. He decided to try it out when he was home alone.

Alas he found himself hanging upside down and unable to get free of the machine.
So he wiggled and struggled and gradually worked his was over to a glass cabinet
that held bric a brac. He crashed into it, aggravated his back and got cuts on his leg
So we paid for that accident too.

Who says insurance companies have no heart?

Rock

hangininthere

LOLOLOL. We do occasionally need saved from ourselves, some more than others.

I saw this video below years ago when reviewing this exact exerciser before I bought one, and was leery of that happening to me, and was afraid 6'5" hubby would definitely hurt himself on it by plunging headlong over it, and told him it was for me only. Well, he did it anyway and did fine, and I did fine, too.

When my sis-in-law and nephew tried it here, they could barely stand on it without losing their balance and almost falling off. Didn't know me and hub were so coordinated, as I'm on the klutzy side and he's got sciatica trouble all down his leg.

On the other hand, when I recently took over taking out the daily trash, I moved the trashcan up to the high back porch and lean over the railing to lift the lid. One time I very nearly fell head-first off the porch.

Today I tripped on a cord by my bed and flew forward through the air like superman onto the bed. I've had some hilarious falls, and so has hubby. I call them fancy falls.

This below is what must have happened to your hapless client:

Last edited:

rockgor

Oh, that poor guy. But the second one is hilarious. At least nobody got cut. That's great
that you and Hubby could master it. Thanks for the laughs.

Some decades back I bought an exercise machine. It was sorta like skiing. But then
we moved and their was no room for the machine so we eventually donated it to a
thrift shop.

Rock

Attachments

rockgor

Hey there, Patti

A nice cheerful video. Don't think much of Youtube's title. There were several
people making music. Reminds me of the large reception room in the men's dorm
at college. It had a baby grand piano. Sometimes somebody would play for half an
hour. Sometimes just a few minutes.

One of the best players was also a football star. I remember one evening a guy was
playing some sheet music that was kept in the piano seat. A beautiful girl came up
and started singing along with him. The song was "When Irish Eyes Are Smiling."
I had seen the music. It went up to the second A above middle C. The young lady had
a beautiful voice. Sailed right up to the high note. The pianist looked up at her with
approving surprise.

The things I remember from those years are getting fewer and fewer. Cannot even
remember the name of a single Professor.

Hope you are staying warm. I wrote to my brother in Minnesota. He wrote back and
said they will be fine. Have a portable generator in case the power goes off.

Rock

hangininthere

Hi Rock and All. Yep, that title is misleading...she only rocks the high notes, ha. I found out that they go around to different malls and tape it to put on YouTube. It's staged, but still good.

I normally type real fast with both hands, using all fingers and both thumbs at lightning speed, but am laboriously hunting and pecking this time because my precious old kitty cat is on my lap where I put my keyboard and I don't want to make her move, so I'm holding the keyboard above her with one hand, up on my stomach instead, and typing with the other hand. We're keeping each other warm and both loving the cuddle time.

I'm going to get the cold wallop starting this evening. It's 17 degrees out this afternoon and will drop down a lot, with minus 40 degree windchill for a few days. Praying the power stays on as I'm too weak to try to leave house to get to someplace warm.

My memory for old memories is getting bad. I can't get my stories straight anymore...my timelines are all off. Yesterday I was telling my son about an incident that happened when I was 18, but got it mixed up with an incident that happened when I was 23. I was combining the two into one story, then realized the details were at two different ages...and I can't for the life of me get the two incidents' details in order in my mind. Scary. P.S. Here it is hours later, and I finally figured out the details of which was which, whew.

Well, hunt and peck typing can get pretty fast I'm noticing...ya make up your own system, especially if you can use both hands.

Love and hugs and prayers for All,

Patti

Last edited:
Reactions: bct

rockgor

Patti, Thanks for the videos. And extra thanks because somehow,when I clicked on the
Doberman with the chickens and the bowl, I was magically transported to Youtube where
I was able to listen to several songs sung by Andy Williams. Just finished reading his auto
biography. All the time I kept thinking I should really be listening to some of his recordings.
Used to have several. . Had thousands of records. Don't have any now.

Youtube kept telling me my browser is out of date, and hasn't let me listen to anything
for the past year or so. But sometimes when I search for a singer or dancer Youtube
videos pop up and sometimes I can watch them; sometimes not.

How come you are so cold? I don't remember you saying you lived in a cold place.
I used to. Would never go back.

Hugs, Rock

hangininthere

Oh, wow, cool that you accidentally found out a trick to get onto YouTube. Try it every time.

Try this shortcut: Just click onto any video here, then click on where it says YouTube at the bottom right as video starts playing, and it will take you to YouTube without having to wait til end of video to select another suggested video, yayyyyy.

I live in Northeast Ohio and it only gets hot three months out of the year - starting in the middle of June til the middle of September. This week it had ranged from a daytime high about 58 degrees to almost 80 on a few days here and there.

Takes forever for full-on summer hot swimming weather to get here, which is fine with me since I can't stand the hot or cold anymore. The only thing I like about summer now is that I can take off to the store wearing flip-flop sandals and let my hair air-dry, saving me the trouble of struggling to put on sock and boots and blow-drying my shampooed hair.

The motorcyclists and people walking to nearby stores and the people enjoying their gardening are sweet to see for these few short months of summer.

I always liked Andy Williams voice the best of the crooners. That reminds me of a song I recently looked up on YouTube by Sinatra. It's a song my mom used to sing to our first family cat we found as a tiny stray. I'll post it on the thread Beautiful Love Songs.

I love biographies and think I'll read some online on my PC from my library. I couldn't think of very many books to read since I just discovered I could borrow online, now you gave me a good idea. Plus I just remembered I have that list you posted of homey novels like I like. I had already read the first two Midford books by Jan Karon, when I could still hold up a real book, and loved them.

I just read online library book 'A Little Salty To Cut the Sweet' by Sophie Hudson. Love it. She's down-home hilarious.

My hub has over a thousand vinyl records and hundreds of CD music, plus about a thousand DVD movies. We have a ton of VHS movie tapes too that we still watch. When the VHS player breaks we'll be pretty much out of luck since they don't sell VHS players anymore. Hub goes through turntables and DVD and VHS and CD stereos like hotcakes because he uses them so much.

Patti

Last edited:

rockgor

Hi Patti

I looked up Sophie Hudson. She has 6 books at our library, but they are all some sort of electronic book. Maybe when I get a Kindle. Your husband sounds like my kinda guy. A maniacal collector.

I used to know another one. He had so many records he had to keep them in a warehouse.
So he started a rare record business. He sold them. The cheapest ones were $30. And
some he only rented out. He died when he was in his late 50s. I think the Dick Clark
people still owed him for a record they rented and never returned.

I loved going to thrift shops. And we had three record stores in LA that sold really cheap
used records. Some as low as 29 cents. It reminded me of trading comic books when I
was a kid. Ask DH if he wants to talk to me about collecting.

Didn't know you lived in Ohio.I think, generally speaking, the best people come
from the Mid West. I've only been to Ohio 3-4 times. Always to visit my Aunt and
Uncle and their 4 sons. My Aunt was a hoot. Always threatening to write a book and
expose marriage.

The town was Orrville , a village of not too many people, and home to Smuckers. We
toured the plant every time I came to visit. Got free samples too. They really weren't
too special. Just the same little packs of jam or jelly you get at a pancake house.

Hugs, Rock

hangininthere

Hi Rock. My computer broke so I'm typing with one finger on my cell phone.

Hub had about 200 record albums all the way from when he was a teenager. Then when everyone was switching to CDs, we got the rest of hub's collection at thrift stores for a dollar.

I've always heard of the town Orrville and the Smucker's plant, but didn't know exactly where it was. I googled it and lo and behold it's only twenty miles from me.

I like using my phone for a computer. The only things I miss are that I can't open another tab to check my spelling, and I can't play my online Solitaire game while I watch YouTube videos at the same time.

In the two days of using phone, so far I've figured out how to copy & paste, thanks to asking Google how-to. So I'll be able to post videos and funny memes.

Patti

rockgor

Hi Patti

Great to hear from you. What an amazing Kawinkydink. You're 20 miles from Orrville. I can't imagine using a phone
as a computer. I don't even know how to use Gordon's cell phone to make a call. I have big news from the garden.
Gordon harvested 2 tomatoes yesterday and 5 today. I ate all of them. (Cherry size.) He no likee Tomatoes. Has your computer healed up; is it in the shop?

GB, how you be? I though of a game a week or two ago. I'll have to hunt for it. See if it still seems plausible.

Hugs and confetti
Rock

hangininthere

I was just at the grocery store today with a limit of $65 to spend and passed up some tomatoes because I needed to get some other basics. I've been thinking of those tomatoes, and here you mention yours (which taste a thousand times better). I'll do my big grocery shopping trip next week and will get them then.

My son always fixes my computer, but I told him no hurry this time because I'm actually enjoying using my phone instead.

I never dreamed I'd like using a tiny phone with its tiny keyboard. I always thought it would be torturous for me. Like my hub always tells me "Never say never."

My kitty sitting on my lap and blocking me from using my full keyboard and me hunting and pecking ended up with me getting used to it.

I found a good online crossword puzzle on phone.

Now I need a wireless printer to print from phone and I'm all set.

Here's a sweet video - I love puddy cats.

I wish you could see videos. Maybe you will get lucky and miraculously be able to see this one.

Last edited:
Reactions: bct

rockgor

Hi Patti

Love the contented cat. I wonder if it climbed up there itself, or if it was encouraged to do so. I am enjoying the fruit of our garden while
enjoying the concert. We've had a dozen tomatoes thus far from our garden.. They are the cherry sort, but there's one here about the size of
a ping pong ball. For some reason I had no trouble playing or seeing this video. My computer is relentlessly unpredictable. Gordon is going
to take it to the coworker who used to be the computer guy at the mortgage company where they both worked.

I found the game I had been contemplating. It didn't make much sense. Well, I thought of it during a brief interlude from sleeping. Will keep
on trying though. I hope GB is OK. I'm sure your DH realizes that ever time he tells you, "Never say never," he says "never" twice. :rolleyes:

Hasta La Pasta, Rock

Mikie

Good Morning, Patti and Rock,

This is so funny. I wonder whether that kitty is deaf. I loved it when the guy moved the paw out of the way. Later, he just played around it with one finger on each side. I found some of the chords cringe worthy but it's better than I can do.

Rock, I'm glad you can view this video. I still haven't take that filthy piece of crap computer to have it reset to factory stds. I'm so happy with this cheap Chromebook.

Patti, I'm one of those old people who claim produce doesn't taste like it did when I was young. Tomatoes were on sale so I got three at the store. The ones left on the vine taste more like they used to. Again, thanks for posting this.

Love, Mikie

gb66

Hi Patti, Mikie and Rock! I'm doing okay lately. How are you guys feeling? I love the kitty on the piano. She looks so contented. I do love cats but have developed an allergy to them so after our last one left us, I didn't get another one. Would love to play a game. How about a word scramble game of some kind? Hugs to all, GB

rockgor

Morning, Kids Nice to see you dropping in, Mikie. I am pleased to report that I picked a dozen tomatoes yesterday.
Gordon no likee tomatoes and Henry can get all he wants at Whole Foods since he works in the produce dept.
Consequently I was forced to eat them all. It was a tough job, but I saw my duty, and I did it.

GB, Glad to hear you are doing OK. Hope you are soon even better. A shame about the allergy to cats. Guess you need something without fur. Maybe a reptile. Gordon saw a lizard in the garden two days ago. Or maybe it was a snake.
Haven't seen a reptile for several years. Actually I think the only pets that show affection other than mammals are birds. Can't find the name of the scientist-author who studied an owl for 30 years. I read her book a decade or so ago. The
owl had an enormous English vocabulary.

I never heard of a word scramble game. Couldn't find one on the net. I found a lot of sites that claimed to have one.
but I never could actually see one. From the description it sounds too difficult for me unless I get that brain transplant.

Patti, Did you spend all your money at the grocery store? I spent the same amount at the Kroger store yesterday.
Inflation has made our money practically worthless. Gordon tells me apartments here are now renting for $2-3.000
a month. Your're lucky to have a son that knows about computers. If he ever meanders over this way tell him to
drop in. I'll make him a nice tomato sandwich if they are in season. Or a tuna fish omelet.

Hugs and Kiddle Dee Ivy Too
Rock

hangininthere

Hi All.

Have had a hectic couple of weeks. Too many appointments and shopping trips in a row.

I'm writing from the 10" Tablet I got. Now I can see my online crossword puzzles better. Got a wireless printer, too.

I bought some tomatoes vine-ripened still on the vine and they are delish. I had them in my hand that day and put them back. Then forgot to buy any on my next two shopping trips. Finally got them third trip out which was yesterday. They must have been locally grown - Aldi uses locally grown produce in season. I had one in tossed salad yesterday, and today a tomato sandwich with mayo on wheat bread. Delicioso.

I got to thinking..I always thought more tomatoes grew on the same vine over and over during season, so aren't the sellers wasting good productive vines by cutting them off with the tomatoes attached?

So I looked up how to grow tomatoes on YouTube, to see if I thought wrong about it. Well, the video showed some weird things I never knew about big farming tomato crops. Like the part about some plum tomatoes being bred to just shake off the vine cluster, and the tractors that harvest the crop like wheat (how do the tomatoes survive all that without getting squished???). Here's the video. It seems unreal to me.

I had a fancy fall yesterday. I was taking son's bicycle from house to detached garage. Hub went ahead of me to open garage door I'm not strong enough to lift.

We did it after dark in hopes the neighbors wouldn't see the bike and break into the garage for it. I told hub "Let's be real quiet so no one notices us." Famous last words.

I had to roll the bike down three back porch steps to the sidewalk leading to garage. Used to be easy. I forgot how weak I've become.

I got down the first two steps easy peasy. Then the bike took off tilting away from me to the bottom with me holding on to it. I fell hardest I've ever fallen, sprawled face down on top of the bike on the sidewalk. I barely managed to keep my face from slamming hard on the cement like the rest of me did.

I had a short sundress on for pajamas and laid there on the bike in the most unladylike position. I kicked my legs in the air as I rolled off the bike and told my hub to pull me up by my hand. I needed him to pull my hand up higher than he was doing. I kept yelling to him "PULL! PULL! HARDER! HARDER!". So much for being quiet.

Then I get bike in garage, in the dark, still trying to be incognito, and knocked over big plastic trashcan and lid, hoping out loud there wasn't a black widow spider on it as I picked it up. What a fiasco, haha.

GB must mean like the scrambled words we've done here before. Like the Scramble word puzzle in the newspaper. I'll try to post a thread to start.

Rock, "Never say never has two nevers in it." LOL

Patti

Last edited: