Having difficulty cooking meals | Page 2 | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

Having difficulty cooking meals

ProHealth CBD Store

sunflowergirl

I defrost the piece of salmon, then put it in a oven safe pan, cover with foil (this helps cook and steam it) at about 350 for about 15 min.or so with a little water in the bottom. I'm having oven troubles so I'm guessing at time and temp......sorry. When it tests done (flakes easily) I remove the foil. I've bought some prepared cooking marinade (check the salad dressing aisle) and poured a little over it before cooking. Sometimes I put a prepared pesto over it. Just play with the flavors what you like. After removing the foil, I put it back in oven, turning up temp to about 400 for about 5 min.

I've tried cooking without the foil but it dries the fish too much.

gb66

GB one cup of cooked quinoa provides about 18 grams of protein. Nuts are a good source too.
Soul, Unfortunately, I can't digest nuts either, except for pecans occasionally. I looked up quinoa and it's about like bread and potatoes as far as carb content. It would be a good side dish, about 1/2 cup serving is all I could eat because of the diabetes restrictions. What does it taste like?

gb66

We have the breakfast at dinnertime. There have been weeks when we had it twice. About the carbs, I try to limit my carbohydrate intake to about 30 to 40 grams of carbs per meal. All starchy stuff is high in carbs. This keeps blood sugar under better control.

They include grains, potatoes, pastas, cereals, rice, corn, peas, also sugary foods and fruits. Example: One half cup (or less) of one of the carb foods is about 15 grams of carbohydrate. If you eat a slice of bread and 1/2 banana, that would equal about 30 grams of carbs. Or 1/2 cup cereal and 1 cup of milk would be about 30.

Milk is about 15 grams of carb per 8 oz cup. The only things you don't have to pay a lot of attention to are the proteins (unless you have a cholesterol problem), eggs, and cheeses. It's not a bad way to eat once you learn the way it works.

Soul*

Here's another easy recipy I forgot about. It's carrot croquettes. Basis is grind carrots and some chickpeaflower. I wasn't up to cooking today too but didn't have anything ready made anymore so made these.

Ingredients:
250 grams grated carrot
100 grams chickpea flour (Any other flour or flour replacer could do too)

(all the following are optional and can be replaced to your liking or in/decreased in amount)
2 tablespoons roughly grated wallnuts
1 tablespoon grated coconut
1 tbsp of cilantro or parsley
2 small grinded Chilies or Chili Powder
2 tsp garam masala
Some ginger
A pinch of soda or bakingpowder
1 tsp Salt

Oil to deep fry or add a little oil to the ingredients when air frying

Add all the ingredients in a bowl and mix together to make thick dough using very little water. Shape small croquettes or patties. Fry in oil untill brown or put in the airfryer at 180C for about 15 minutes?

These are also nice to have in the freezer to pop some in the air fryer for an easy meal or in between healthy snack.

Last edited:

Soul*

Feel free to try and print them Leah, I can't promise they will be as tasty though... :p
I'll try and look up the recipy in English and will post it with the photo so scroll back up to find it.

Soul*

The airfryer is a relatively new invention Leah, it's like a deepfryer but without oil, just on hot air. It's a healthy alternative to fried foods. On 800 grams of fries you only need half a tablespoon of oil. I was able to get one a few years back with a great discount from points I couldn't spend otherwise anyways. You'll have to be quick to print them out, I didn't get to cook again today so already ate almost all of them. Six still to go.

For those who eat potatoes this is another quick way to prepare them. Just slice them almost to the bottom then put in oven or airfryer like in the picture. No need to peel, why toss away the healthiest part.

Last edited:

Soul*

Peels on. And I learned about it on the internet too Leah. I think I learned most about the world when becoming a home and bed bounder :p It's called hassleback potato's.

Soul*

I love using my grill plate to cook, it is extremely fast, easy and soooo tasty. Today I experimented with putting cabbage in and it works wonderfully well.

Some vegetables like cabbage and eggplant and potatos are quite hard to cook or take a lot of time and the grill plate sure speeds up that process tremendously as well as leaving the maximum taste in since nothing goes to waste in cooking water etc. The taste gets closed in and it really brings out so much more taste then regular ways to cook.

For potato's just leave the peel on, wash cut in half, put on a little oil and put in. Sooo tasty.
For the cabbage I just cut out the main nerve with a scissor, folded the leaf, piled it up and put it in.

Not the best looking grill plate in the world but boy does it work! :p
This is just a simple toaster/waffle/grill iron with switchable insides.

And the result:

Rice paper rolls with cabbage and tofu. Ricepaper is another wonderful time saver.
Just put a sheet in hot water for a few seconds and it's ready to use.

gb66

I'd like to know the right way to re-heat a rotisserie chicken that you've refrigerated. It comes heated but I want to keep it till the next day and heat it up. I've tried several methods but it comes out dry.

The online instructions I read said not to put it in the fridge when it's still hot, but that's what I've been doing. There must be a way. :)