HOW MANY SMOKERS OUT THERE POLL?? | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

HOW MANY SMOKERS OUT THERE POLL??

ProHealth CBD Store

j-bearmama

I'd like to quit.
anyone know if the new "herbal" smoke away is REALLY as good as the ads claim???

I have smoked since I was 18. I'm 30 now. I smoke about 15 cigarettes a day.
I HATE that I smoke. but OH. I have tried so many times to quit.
I think If I could be locked in a room alone for 4 days I could kick the habbit. but life gets in the way... ( I know, just another excuse!) :(

But at least I don't drink, have NEVER used drugs ( except RX and I dont' even like those.)
I recently had an alcoholic inform me of how "gross" it was to smoke.
My reply was, my lungs may be in trouble, but i still have all my brain cells. :p

Jbear

JaciBart

I like my cigarettes but I feel horribly guilty being a snoker, everyone gets on me these days, it used to be just once in a while but now EVERYBODY is a reformed smoker.

Jaci

MissRachel

WOW I was goinhg to start the same treatd

I Smoke for 12 years now, started when I was 16 I am now 28.

I smoke a pack a day. Infact i'm smoking right now

Ravhel
[This Message was Edited on 08/13/2003]

elizabethia

add me to the list even though it's bad for me i really enjoy a smoke with coffe after dinner and can i say this????(sex) i'm on wellbutrin now for my depression and actually not enjoying or careing if i smoke these days or not.. probly in a week or so i'll probly be saying goodbye to the habit..the funny thing about it is i didn't know that wellbutrin was used to help people quit smokeing lol lol but i'm glad i'm on it ... take care elizabeth
[This Message was Edited on 08/13/2003]

spmary

I smoked for over 30yewrs. Stopped April,2002. Don't feel any better. Would still love to smoke but won't.
I used nicotine gum and wellbuton. Then had hemorage in stomach, possibly from the gum. Now in the habit of chewing regular gum. I do miss my ciggys.

trasestry

I started smoking when I was about 14yrs old, and Im 33 now...would like to quit..dont have the willpower yet. Really NEED to quit...

wle

Quit with Zyban once but when I quit taking the Zyban I started to smoke again. Hubby smokes so that may be why I started back up. We have a pact to have a smoke free home by Christmas.............we'll see.........it is easier said than done! WLE

sandy10seven

I hate it that I smoke and can only say, I wish I would never have started. Like Mark Twain said, "It's easy to quit smoking, I've done it a THOUSAND times." Oh, well, I'll just keep trying.

catsii

I smoked for 26 years, quit for 8 years...and started back..
that's the stupid part...starting back !

catsii :(

tandy

That would be me~ I've been smoking for 22 yrs. I sure wish I could quit....but its the hardest damn thing.I tried once a few yrs ago.......ended up in the ER!!
I could'nt figure out what was wrong with me,I had a fast heart-rate,felt lightheaded,very shakey inside.....sorta like a panic attack??but when I was questioned on meds and such by the dr. on call......I had mentioned that I quit smoking cold turkey 5 days ago.....Bingo!!The dr. said it was all withdrawel symptoms!!!! well,the way I was feeling,and being told it was from not smoking.....as soon as I got outside I bought a pack, and that was that!!(pretty scary those withdrawl symptoms!!) Hoping a better way of quitting is invented soon~ :)

debbiem31

Not that it has anything to do with FM (certainly there are more nonsmokers here than smokers), but I too smoke. I don't see the point of this poll though....

jadibeler

and I have no desire to quit. Intellectually, I know I should, of course, but I just don't want to. After 30 years I doubt I could anyway, not without tearing people limb from limb. Didn't start until I was 30 - how stupid is that! First husband wouldn't allow it, even though I wanted to, so when I left him I lit right up! I smoke a pack a day, on average - depends on what I'm doing and sitting at this computer hikes the numbers way up!

The only guilt I have about it is the money I really do need for other things.

JoAnn

Carlacat

I've smoked 18 yrs off and on but lately its been "on" mostly. I've wanted to quit but my nerves are shot and I'd probably be bawled with no hair.
Carlacat

Iggy_RN

HERES MY SECRET HOW I QUIT SMOKING... HAD A CHEST X-RAY, THEY FOUND A MASS IN MY LYMPH OR LUNGS, HAD A CT SCAN TO LOCATE THE MASS, HAD PRAYERS AND HEALING PRAYERS, AND THEN THE MASS DISAPPEARS!!! THE DOCS SAID IT MIGHT OF BEEN A BLIP ON THE X-RAY, I KNOW DIFFERENT... THATS MY SECRET ON HOW TO QUIT SMOKING! I DONT WANT TO DIE AND LEAVE MY FAMILY BEHIND, OR GOD FORBID SOMEONE RAISE MY GIRL... THAT SCARE AND BLESSING WAS THE MAGIC EQUATION TO QUIT SMOKING... IGGY

BILLCAMO

BEEN SMOKING FOR 30+ YRS. SHOULD QUIT.... I KNOW..... HAVE YOU HIT A DR. LIKE I HAVE IN THE PAST WHO BELIEVES SMOKING CAUSES CFIDS , FM , & RELATED DD'S ? IF YOU HAVE , PLEASE TELL DR. .... FROM ME... HIS THEORY BELONGS WHERE THE "SUN DON'T SHINE". BILLCAMO.