How many words can you make from....

dmcduck

New game... how many common words of 4 or more letters can you make from the following word:

CONFIGURE

You may use each letter only once.

I'll leave the obvious one for someone else and leave my first contribution:
conifer

rockgor

Hi Kids

"You've all done very well." Who was it who used to say that?*

Nice game, Duckie. How about deconstructing "Pensive"? Or are we only using 9 letter words?

Have to go back to my gardening chores. It's hot here: 84. I'm working in the garden
wearing jeans, a long sleeved shirt and a stocking cap. Gordon says the neighbors are probably taking pictures of the crazy man next door. But we have fierce bugs that bite. Thanks to my flexible suit of armor I only got one bite yesterday.

BTW you can buy a suit of armor on the net for $200. The makers point out that it is a
replica and is for decorative purposes. Not for jousting!

*Oh, I remember. It's from that British comedy "Are You Being Served?" The owner of the Dept. Store was Mr Grace. He said it frequently as he tottered around the store.

Hugs
Rock

rockgor

Very nice, GB. "Sieve" is a good example. An example of what, you may ask. "I before E
except after C". I was once training a new attorney fresh outta law school. She said she
had a lotta trouble with that rule when she was a kid. She thought the teacher was saying, "Accept after C."

Oops! Gordon is calling.

Rock

dmcduck

No rule on the length of the starting word. Just came up with one off the top of my head. Turns out there are over 80 words you could make from it.

How about Miscellaneous

gb66

There are a lot of three letter words left that you can make from CONFIGURE. are we supposed to just make words of 4 letters and up?

gb66

MISCELLANEOUS

miss, mess, mouse, mice, mane
mass, mole, male, mail, main, mules

isle, ices, uses, ounce, onus
ocean, oils, ones, once

cells, cans, callous, calls, canes, causes, cones

sane, sales, scones
scenes, scans, scales

alien, aces, aims, amiss

nails, names, noses, nice

lanes, lame, laces, louse
loss, loses, lice, laces

uses, sues, sums, else,

Last edited:

dmcduck

GB - you're good at this!

For the record, you're allowed to claim both the singular and plural - so for example, mane and manes, mess and messes.

gb66

I used to play a game online called Text Twist. They gave you a six letter word and you could see how many words you could make. They timed it too. I played that every day unitl my eyes were blury. lol

Their original word would be scrambled so if you got that one first you'd get extra points. GB

rockgor

Hi Kids

Well, who woulda thought so many words hiding in Manaloonious. Yep, GB is
good at all our games. Hope I didn't steal too many you already posted, GB.

Seal, Sail, Souse, Sole, Smell, Slums, Slain, Some, Social, Soul,
Sonic, Seen, Sell, Slain, Solace.

Lane, Line, Lion, Loam, Lone, Alone, Lies, Lead.
Noel, Amiss, Clean, Clam, Coal, Claims, Calm.

Mean, Moan, Manic, Mine, Mile, Mill,

Rock

gb66

Rock, There are words a'plenty in this one! The hardest part is backtracking to see if they've been posted already. You're not too shabby at these games yourself. lol GB

gb66

TARANTULA
rant, taunt, aura
runt, taut, ultra
altar, aunt, altar
nautral, tuna
aural, truant
turn, tarn, tart

Last edited: