husband is thinking about divorce | Page 2 | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

husband is thinking about divorce

ProHealth CBD Store

kirschbaum26

Dear Barbo36:

Many other posters have said what I feel. I did not marry my daughter's husband (long story) and I am glad that I did not. I was also the one making the majority of the money in our relationship. I even paid his ex-wife the child support when he could not (I know). The thing is that you and your husband did get married. As Alan Jackson sings...you vowed the vows and walked the walk. Somewhere in there is a line about sickness and health. Gee, funny that I should know that and your husband does not seem to remember that.

I would suggest that you get him to read some of these posts...to go with you to Dr. appointments, etc. Let him see what you go through every day...or remind him of how he felt the last time he had the flu...then tell him that is you on a GOOD day.

You have not "let anyone down"...he has let you down.

Good luck and hope that you can find the support that you are entitled to. If it is not from your husband, then there are many people who are willing to help.

Ingrid

ronnie

finally found the thread, my brain damage makes it hard to navigate sites sometimes, especially if theyre new and im stressed

ronnie

i had trouble finding this thread. wanted to say im going thru the same thing and am filled with terror and feel totally alone. divorce note on the reakfast table today after going to a funeral yesterday. dont know how im gonna keep it together or how to start the disability process.

ronnie

can u tell me how u documented brain damage? i know i have it but nobody believes me even tho i drive on the wrong side of the road

SBear

This is just my opinion, but it's my impression over the course of my life that women are much better people morally than men. Your women friends stick with you in times of trouble.

Hippo

My brain damage was documented through neuro-psychological testing. The cool thing about neuro-psychological testing is that you CANNOT CHEAT on the tests. So the results are VERY reliable. I had a huge problem with a psychiatrist who thought I was lying. He said if you will take neuro-psych tests, and you show brain damage, that will PROVE you are telling the truth, because there is no way you can cheat. So that's what I did.

I suppose you could also document brain damage through an MRI, but I didn't go that route. The neuro-psychological testing was enough. If that hadn't panned out, I was prepared to go for an MRI and have a functional evaluation test performed by a physical therapist or physiatrist.

Hippo

BecArms

I am so sorry to read about what you are through:(Dear barbo36, I wish you not to give up on yourself at first! You are still young and I deeply believe you are beautiful. That's damn hard not to get support from the one you deeply love and care about. My XH seemed to be loving and caring person, helped seniors and volunteered at dog shelter. Though when I got sick and gained about 20 pounds, all I heard from him was that I am too lazy and have to work out, go to the gym and stop eating. After I took several therapy sessions, I understood that there are always 2 people in any relationship and that's not only my fault in the fact that our marriage died. I decided to submit (commercial link deleted by moderator) and move on. I can't say that you should do the same, however never forget that you are worthy to be loved and appreciated by those, who live with you:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mikie

Dear BecArms,

Your link to a commercial website has been removed. It is against the rules. Please read through the website rules. This post is from 2004 so your reply may not be read.

Please check out all our forums. I hope you find help here. Let me know if I can help.

Mikie