NEW GAME: MOVIE TITLES

rockgor

Well, Folks, seems like it's been a long hop, skip and a jump since we had a new
game. Of course most new games are just old games modified. Anyhoo this one
has simple rules.

1) Think of a movie title.
2) Modify it.

Gone With The Window.
The Wizard of Oohs and Ahs.

Hopalong Cassidy And The Sundance Kid
The Belles Are Ringing

Citizen Kate
It's a Wonderful Knife

Rock

gb66

It's good to see a game again! It has been a very long time. I don't have the mental energy to think them up anymore. I'll see if I can play this. lol

gb66

"Juan Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest"

"Madam Flutterby"

"The Tall Tale Heart"

"The Sound of Musak"

"Ben Him"

rockgor

Hi GB

Great to hear from you again. Did you know that despite the great drop off in your posts
you are still number three on the list of posters? As in days of old your post is brilliant. I especially admire numbers one and five.

I am not giving you a "Like". Did you see the recent discussion of same? Most of us have
stopped. I was giving almost every post a thumbs up. Got to be kinda meaningless. Of
course feel free to do whatever you like. As with most of us I guess my health continues to
deteriorate. Not much we can do except to struggle on. Here are some more titles.

Bonnie and Clydesdale. Victor Victrola.
King Pong. All About Steve.

Dr Strangeglove. Snow White and The Seven Wharfs.
Cat Baloon. Arsenic and Odd Taste.

Rock

Attachments

gb66

"Love is a Many Splintered Thing"

"My Ford Fairlane"

"Chariots For Hire"

"Carrot Sale"

Last edited:

hangininthere

I KNEW GB would come up with some brilliant titles with brilliant Rock!

I can't think of anything clever myself. I was counting on GB to reply, haha.

Since I like ALL the posts, I only click 'like' when someone has directly addressed me, so that they know I saw their comment to me but I was too tired to reply.

Carry on, oh brilliant ones! LOL

Patti

hangininthere

Oh noooo, GB! We can 'like' any and all posts we want! After all, that's what the 'like' feature is for!

I've even considered 'liking' ALL the posts, such as on The Porch, so they will know I'm reading them. I think I might start doing that.

Patti

Last edited:

gb66

Hi Patti, How are you doing? I've been sicker than usual lately and have just been reading the chit chat board almost every day. I'm going to try to come up with a game soon. My hubby is having eye surgery on Wednesday and I'm very concerned at the moment. He went in to have it done last month and had a severe reaction to the eye drops. He ended up in the ER. His blood pressue was extremely low and his heart rate was 40. My daughter was there with him to drive him home, so she took him to the urgent care.

He had an echocardiogram the following week and has mitral valve regurgitation. Never heard of it. They don't think that caused the problem though. They think it was the BP lowering part of the eye drug in addition to his regular BP med. They're going to try again, and this time without his BP med. I'm still not so sure about it. He has to have his eye drained to prevent possible blindness.

hangininthere

Hi GB. Oh Lord, that's terrifying. I wish they would have thought to monitor your hub's blood pressure as a routine precaution for cases of eye drops lowering the blood pressure. How frightening. Thank God your daughter took him to urgent care ER in the nick of time.

I hope the eye place has the sense to monitor him now. Staying off his blood pressure medicine doesn't sound safe. Is he off of it now? How many days will he be off off it before Wednesday?

I always thought a 'heart murmur' was considered harmless. My mom had it all her life with no treatment required.

But when I just now googled it, I see there can be many different variations of cause and severity. I hope they follow up on the heart murmur, since it's a new development.

https://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/what-is-mitral-valve-regurgitation#1

Praying, Hon.

Patti

hangininthere

P.S. GB, how did the ER get your hub's blood pressure and heart rate back up?

One time my hub's blood pressure went life threatening low like that after I gave him a high dose of my magnesium supplement at bedtime to try to help his one time only leg cramps.

The next morning it hit him in his morning shower. He was weak and shaking and sweating and barely made it out of the shower still soapy all over to his bedroom and could barely talk, sitting on the edge of his bed in a daze. I was in my bed in the living room, and didn't hear him weakly calling for help because I had the fan on beside my bed. I finally barely heard him saying "Help" "Patti" and I went running in in a panic.

I thought he was having a heart attack and took his blood pressure with my wrist cuff monitor. It was wayyyyyy to low. I ran and got the salt and poured a little pile in his hand and told him to lick it up, which he did.

Then I ran and got my cellphone and called for paramedics. I was in such a panic I couldn't even remember the emergency number 911. I didn't know if it was 919 or 119 or what. I had to ask my hubby.

By the time they got here, his blood pressure was back to normal, thank God.

Keep a bunch of salt handy, or your daughter keep salt in her purse when she takes him, in case he needs it. It works instantly.

Praying.

Patti

gb66

I don't know if they will monitor his bp, but I hope they will. The drops are used and then they wait an hour before the surgery. During that hour is when he started to feel sick. He told them and they took his bp. In a few minutes, he started to feel better and his bp went up. They really didn't do anything. They had called an ambulance but cancelled it. He told them he was going to the doctor's. They saw him immediately and did an EKG. That's when they said he should get an echocardiogram. We really don't know if the drops caused it or not. He will only skip his bp meds on the day of the surgery.

This time, our daughter is going to stay with him for that hour after the drops are put in and she will know right away if he's having a problem. I wish I could go too but cannot do much of anything anymore. I'm very worried about this.
Also, the results of the echo were sent to a cardiologist and they said he didn't need treatment, that is was a mild case of mitral valve regurgitation. They will probably give him ekg's more often now.

hangininthere

Sounds like the eye place was and will be careful with him. And that your daughter will stay with him. He's in good hands all around.

When I got my top teeth pulled, they kept an automatic blood pressure cuff on my arm that periodically checked my blood pressure. I wonder if the eye place has that, or will check his blood pressure more often while they're working on him? It seems like they will after hearing how it went up then down again.

How often does he have to have the procedure done on his eye? Monthly it sounds like.

I wonder how the ER got his heart rate and blood pressure back up? Maybe it was even an anaphylactic shock type of reaction, in which case they have medicine for that.

Good, glad the 'heart murmur' (easier to spell) is mild like my mom's must have been. Good that they'll check it from time to time, though.

I understand how you're worried. I'm the same way. Praying for you and hub to get through this then breathe a sign of relief.

Also, about the 'like' feature, I understand why Rock and some want to discontinue 'liking' posts since he and others said they like them all.

Then when you feel like discontinuing liking all the posts, the posters will think you didn't like their post. (Say that five times fast.)

There was a thread on a support group, I forget if it was here or somewhere else, I think it was somewhere else, where the administrators asked if everyone would like to have all the different icons like on Facebook - angry icon, sad icon, and all.

The discussion was interesting because some people mentioned how it could get confusing, such as if you agree with the poster who posted something they were angry about and were angry about it too, or if you were angry because you disagreed with them.

So, in conclusion, I submit that the ones who want to discontinue 'liking' every post can do so, and everyone will understand why they discontinued because they read the discussion about it on The Porch a while back.

And everyone else can 'like' as they please.

LOL.

Patti

Last edited:

rockgor

Hello, Old Pals, So nice to talk with you again. Sorry to hear your DH is having problems, Patti. I never knew that salt could help a heart patient. I hope he's doing much better now. Same for your Hubby, GB. I had cataract surgery and then some minor ones later. No problems. Hope all goes well this time for him.

I loved your last collection, GB. Especially Many Splintered and Chariots For Hire.
Couldn't figure out Carrot Sale. Went to bed thinking about it. When I woke up I thought, "It's Carousel!" One of my long time favorites.

Here are some more modified titles. All Bette Davis movies.

Just A Bell. The Wails of August.
All About Evening. Death On The Pile.
The Little Boxes. The Horn is Lean.

Rock

hangininthere

Hi Rock. My hub doesn't have heart trouble. I think it was the magnesium that lowered his blood pressure since I read it can do that. He had a bad reaction to the high dose of magnesium, I suspect.

He's getting an MRI on his osteoarthritic very painful knee next week. He did fine in the machine last year when he had an MRI on his lumbar lower spine region for sciatica pain down his leg. He's crippled now with it all, and can only walk inch by inch with his walker, in pain.

I worry about everything. I read in the news a few years ago about someone who was killed in an MRI machine because someone accidentally left a metal wastebasket in the room and the giant MRI magnet made the wastebasket fly across the room and hit the patient on the head and killed him. I worry about everything.

Patti

rockgor

Hi Patti

Why aren't you in bed asleep? Oh, I know. Cause you're worrying? God knows there's
plenty to worry about. I seldom worry. Figure there's not much we can do about it anyway.
I have no desire to stick around. Just get more feeble and more Alzheimery every year.

Does your DH have a wheel chair? Or maybe he doesn't want one? My favorite Aunt
was crippled with arthritis the last few years of her life. She had a wheel chair, but almost
never used it. Except for exercise. Every day she pushed it around the house for a while.

Does he stay in touch with friends on the computer? He can write to me if he likes. I
don't know as we have any common interests. We could always agree to argue. That might
be good for getting the blood circulating.

Well, there was nothing to watch on TV so I'm going back to bed. Will read for a few
minutes; then fall asleep. Sometimes with the book on top of me. Sometimes it's
still there when I upwake.

Hugs, Rock

gb66

Patti and Rock. His doctors office called this morning and said they are going to do the procedure a little differently this time. Usually, they put the drops in prior to surgery and then follwing surgery. It reduces the eye pressure. They are going to skip the drops prior to surgery and just put them in after.

They said not to take his bp meds that morning but to bring them with him. I guess they will check his bp periodically. I don't think they monitor during the surgeries. They should in my opinion. Our daughter will stay with him after surgery for the hour or so that they monitor him.

He didn't actually have anything done last month. They called it off. He had his other eye done about a year ago and felt a little woozy after, but nothing like last month. This will hopefully be the last one. It's something to do with pressure in the eye, but not glaucoma. He still needs cataract surgery on both eyes at a later date. It never seems to end for any of us!

His bp was already back up before he left the opthal. office. It just went up by itself. GB

Last edited:

gb66

Rock, You are right, it's Carousel. I'll try to think of more. I love playing games, it takes my mind off of the bad stuff!
Don't know The Horn is Lean.

Patti, I am a worrier too. I have been all my life. I hope your hubby is doing welll now. I have to use a wheelchair when I leave home and I have a walker that I never use. It's one of those that you can sit down on if you need to rest. GB

Last edited:

rockgor

Hi Kids

GB, The Horn is Lean is actually the Corn is Green. Made into a movie with Bette Davis
and later a TV movie with Kate Hepburn. Both worth watching. The action is set in Wales (where some of my ancestors came from).

A Czar is Shorn, Alice in Wonder Bread
Blazing Sandals. The Hoarse Whisperer
Good Newts, Babes in Armor

Rock

Last edited: