NEW GAME: MOVIE TITLES | Page 2 | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

NEW GAME: MOVIE TITLES

ProHealth CBD Store

gb66

Those are good! All I can think of is "Seven Broads for Seven Brothers" but it sounds like a 1940's gangster movie, see? (cracking my knuckles and sneering).

rockgor

Hi Kiddo,

'Leven Rides For Carnival Mothers. No, it doesn't make much sense, but that's not
required by the rules. While you are crackling and sneering, do you feel like George Raft
or James Cagney? Did you know that before they were movie stars they were dancers?
So was Clifton Web. And Buddy Ebsen. And more recently, Christopher Walken.

My favorite crime movies are Butch Cassidy And The etc; The Pink Panther series; and
Bugsy Malone. See?

I just put a bio of George Raft on hold. I hope the raft doesn't sink before it gets here.

Rock

gb66

I actually felt like Humphrey Bogart, see? I knew that James Cagney and Buddy Ebsen were dancers, and I saw Christopher Walken in an episode of SNL years ago and he was really a good dancer. Or maybe, in keeping with our 1940's movie theme, I should say he was 'swell'. My favorite crime movies are Bogart's. I like him in anything. Very versatile actor.

gb66

"Splinters in the Glass"

"How Green Was My Salad"

"The House of Betty Grable"

"

rockgor

Hi Kiddo

Splendor in the Grass. A romantic film from the days of out yute. Natalie Wood and Warren Beatty.

How Green Was My Valley. I think I posted this before, but I will again. At Christmas in our school a commercial film was always shown. So we kids in grade school were treated to this film. Totally inappropriate and boring.

The House of Seven Gables. I never have seen this one. I think it's from the year we made our debut.

How The East Was One

Tow Back Hoe Rowed

Ant Tea Maim

Thank Your Lucky Strikes

Rock

gb66

Those are correct.

How the West was Won
Tobacco Road
Auntie Mame
Thank Your Lucky Stars

gb66

"My Indigestion"

"The Daughter of Rosie Loves Gravy"

"Puddled Rain"

"The Snows Have Killed My Geranium"

"The White Stuff on Doughnuts"

Last edited:

hangininthere

Hi guys.

GB, how did your hubby's eye surgery go?

Rock, I have three wheelchairs but hubby's too big for mine. He's 6'5" and 230 pounds. I'm tall for a woman, 5'8 and 160 pounds - he makes me feel positively dainty, haha. He wouldn't have anyone to push him in a wheelchair. I've gotten so weak I struggle just to open the pop-up lid on a bottle of ketchup or salad dressing. He's not quite ready for an electric wheelchair in house. He couldn't use it to go out in because we don't have a special van to transport it in.

They say walking is good for his arthritis. I don't know how walking with bone grinding on bone in his knee could be good for it. His mom had four different replacement surgeries at different times - both knees replaced and both hips replaced in her 70's. He may be headed for knee replacement surgery. I refuse to let him have back surgery because I've never seen a back surgery that worked and didn't just make the pain worse. Luckily, his back doesn't hurt from his spinal stenosis in lower back, it just causes the pain from his hip down leg from pinching off the sciatica nerve which originates in lower back. Very lucky his back doesn't hurt along with it.

He doesn't do computer. He doesn't like to write either, he has a terrible time trying to think of what to say. He's a phone person and talks to his sister once or twice a week for two hours each time. I want to remain anonymous online, so I wouldn't want to give our phone number out, either.

I tell him about everyone here on PH as I read. I'll get to laughing so hard and tell him some of the hilarious things you say as they come up, so he'll know what I'm suddenly guffawing about. He knows I worry when there is dangerous weather where members here live. Last week he asked me if our member who lives near India was alright from the cyclone. I was glad when she posted later and no mention of it.

He's a movie buff and rock 'n roll music buff. He watches our tons of DVD movies every day, and sitcoms and current game shows. Tonight he watched Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy, Andy Griffith Show, Gomer Pyle, and WKRP. Then the 10 o-clock news. He's an early riser. If he sleeps past 5 AM he gets a bit miffed that he overslept, haha. All morning he goes out to the den and plays his music while he plays his Atari video game Pac-Man. Then around 10 AM he comes to living room to watch Let's Make a Deal, then The Price is Right. Then a nap. Then his movies til evening shows.

Our only trips out are for grocery shopping, errands, and doc appointments. He goes to the foot doc for his regular trim tomorrow Thursday, since he can't reach his feet and I don't have the strength to do it for him like I used to. Saturday is his MRI on knee. So I'll only have one day to rest up between the two appointments. Then at the end of May our regular clinic appointment to check our blood pressure and diabetes and for refills. He got his diabetes under control by losing 50 pounds. Mine needs Metformin pills and a daily basal insulin shot, even though I'm not overweight.

I just assumed that just the smell of coffee repulsed you so you never had a cup. Okay, so there's nothing unusual about you're not drinking coffee, haha.

GB, how did your husband do in his eye surgery today Wednesday? Let us know when you can post.

Patti

Last edited:

gb66

Patti, His eye surgery went very well. They waited till afterwards to give him the eye pressure drops and he didn't have a reaction to them. He didn't take his BP med prior to the surgery so that seemed to do the trick.

He was there 3 hours but the actual lazer surgery took only about 10 minutes. My daughter's husband went with them too. She was so nervous about what happened the last time. I know we were all exhausted from worry and stress afterwards. He just went to bed a few minutes ago. It's 12:30 am here.

I would like to have an electic wheel chair but I don't have a lift on the van either and they are really too heavy for hubby to lift. We just take my regular and throw it in the back. He pushes me and ususally hits a few bumps along the way. Ouch.

We were just talking about how hard this growing older stuff is. Nothing ever seems to be fixed for very long. We both have IBS and high BP. He has the mitral valve thing and deep vein problems in one leg, in addition to his eye problems. I have a list of ailments a mile long. I have diabetes also but don't have to take meds as yet, just diet. Patti I know I must be realy old because my adult kids are now having aging problems too. One had a hip replacement, one had 2 knee replacements and one had back surgery for a pinched nerve. GB

Last edited:

hangininthere

A big sigh of relief, whew! Thank God it went very well this time! I know you all are exhausted! I'm so glad you could give an update, thanks!

When hubby pushed me in my wheelchair, we had some hilarious bumps. The funniest time was when he was wheeling me in the parking lot to go into store. He was pulling the shopping cart from in front with one hand as he walked forward, with me holding onto back handle of cart. Hit an uneven pavement before doorway and the wheelchair stopped and I didn't. Hub kept going, didn't notice right away. I still had a hold of the cart handle and went flying forward with my feet off the ground, legs spinning like in a cartoon. LOL Just like the time when I was age 13 and went water skiing and fell and forgot to let go of the rope handle and was zipping along under the top of the water, only this time through the air.

I know pulling me with the cart in stores for years is what caused my hubby's spinal stenosis now. He was reaching back with one hand pulling the weight of the cart full of groceries plus me and the wheelchair. Oh God how I wish I'd known not to do that. Stupid stupid stupid. It kills me knowing I caused his being crippled now.

The chiropractor got me back on my feet at stores just as hubby couldn't do me in my wheelchair anymore. Not just any chiropractor. The first one didn't help at all. Then the second one did. He cracked my neck like crazy and that improved my orthostatic intolerance enough to make it through stores then back home laid out flat til next trip out. He said the problem stemmed from my neck area.

I'm still so thankful you mentioned to me about the shoulder exercise. It magically unlocked my frozen shoulder pain I had for a year. Now when it starts up again, I immediately move my arms around to loosen it right back up within seconds and it lasts for months.

You and hub and kids rest up now. Praising God that it went well!!!

Patti

gb66

Thanks Patti. I appreciate your concern and your prayers. I am amazed at how well that simple exercise works for shoulder tightness and pain. It just seems too easy. lol I had forgotten that I told you about it but am so glad it works for you. The PA where my daughter works, an orthopetic group, showed it to me. I had been in lots of pain for months when I went to her.
Goodnight to all. GB

gb66

Yes it did. He's one of the few people that I've ever heard say it improved their back pain. I'm not sure what exactly was wrong but I know he had sciatic pain and disc problems. He was about 54 at the time. I remember his doctor had him out walking on a track at a local park. He put in lots of miles. By the way, I also have spinal stenosis. I really think your hubby would have had it anyway. It just happens sometimes. Please don't blame yourself.

rockgor

The Daughter of Rosie O'Grady
The Snows of Kilimanjaro

Sugar? There was a movie named Sugar filmed in Iowa.
I never saw it. Wonder if Julie did.

Rock

rockgor

Hi Kids

I wrote the above this afternoon, but forgot to hit "Post". Both the computer and I have
been lying low hoping for some energy to return.

Good Grief. Both of you have had a slew of medical problems. Glad to hear your DH's eye
surgery went well, GB. I had laser surgery to my eyes a couple times. I felt like I had stepped
into the future. Fast, no pain, no fuss, instant results. Too bad all treatments aren't like that.

Patti, your shopping cart-wheelchair stunt does sound like a cartoon. Wily Coyote and the Road
Runner. I looked up the causes of spinal stenosis on the Mayo Clinic site. Your name is not
listed. The most common cause is osteoarthritis.

Going back to bed. Hugs, Rock

gb66

Rock, Thank you for your caring and asking about my hubby's eye surgery. He said the actual laser surgery only took 10 minutes and that was not bad at all. If not for that reaction the the drops last time, it would have gone well.

The answers you gave were correct, as usual! The "Puddled Rain" is "Purple Rain" , "My Indigestion" is "My Indiscretion", and "The White Stuff on Doughnuts" is a little vague. Change the word stuff to cliffs and see what you come up with. GB

hangininthere

Haha - The White Cliffs of Dover, right?

GB, glad your kids' surgeries worked.

That's nice of you and Rock to say my hubby's stenosis is not caused by me. That's what my hubby keeps telling me. But hauling the weight of the loaded shopping cart plus me and my wheelchair surely did contribute to the degeneration that was inevitable. He twisted around - pulling about 400 lbs. total weight - with one hand while walking forward, all while twisted half way around, with his hand reaching behind him pulling the front of the cart, for several years in every store.

Hahaha, Rock, you googled stenosis and it didn't say I caused it. But au contraire, it says something like one cause could be mechanical, meaning physical strain.

I forgot to add, every Friday is YouTube day. Me and hub play tons of videos on our T.V. from YouTube.

Patti

Last edited:

rockgor

Hi Kids, Just woke up. Went out and fed the cat. Heard Gordon speaking in a forceful voice
into the phone. That means he's talking to Jim. These orchid lovers sometimes have animated conversations.

Patti, I miss Youtube. It keeps telling me that my video player is out of date. But sometimes
it plays them. Can't be too badly out of date. I used to be able to comment too, but it won't
let me do that anymore either. Ratbane!

I remember the song The White Cliffs of Dover. Vera Lynn sang it. A half century after
the war she was still singing and still had a wonderful voice. As for "mechanical strain"
that means one was run over by a train or possible a loaded grain truck

GB, A Puddled Rain leads to a befuddled brain. My Indiscretion sounds like one of those
dreadful films from the 40s that starred Bette Davis or Joan Crawford. Or Barbra Stanwyck.
Stanwyck should have won the award for the worst mother. When her son was an adult he
said he never saw her. During the winter she shipped him off to a boarding school. During
the summer she shipped him off to camp. Leaving her more time for her career and
fighting with whatever terrible husband she had at the moment. She did have a
beautiful house in Norwalk. Can't post a pic of it, but you can search for it. The
name was Marwyck.

I didn't start this thread with the idea of a quiz. I thought it was just interesting how
some slight changes in the title made a big difference.

Anyhoo, here are a few more.

On The Water Bed. Goodbye Chocolate Chips.
Mrs. Don't Fire. National Velveeta.
How The West Was Fun. Dances With Wolves.

Rock

gb66

On the Waterfront, Goodbye Mr. Chips, Mrs. Doubtfire, National Velvet, How the West Was Won, Dances With Wolves. (The last one can't be improved on).
lol

gb66

"Hi, Moon"

"Shy Anne Autumn"

"The Peppermint Expresso"

"Raisin Seasons Done"

"Innertube"

Last edited: