Out on a Limb - A New Song Game | Page 2 | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

Out on a Limb - A New Song Game

ProHealth CBD Store

gb66

Would you all like me to post some other games also? It's been a while but I'll try to get my brain working again! lol We are doing much better now that we're settled in our new home. I still have days when I miss my old blown away house though. Very grateful for what we have. GB

gb66

I don’t remember seeing Born Free. But I was in choir and a singing group all thru HS and 2 years of college and I know we sang a lot of Rogers & Hammerstein songs.
I was in the choir in junior high and high school and I remember singing "It Might As Well Be Spring" and a lot of show tunes. I really miss those days. Loved to sing with a group. No solos though!

Reactions: bct

sunflowergirl

GB66: singing with the choir was soooo much fun. That and being in drill team added so much to my life. I did sing some solos....scared to death! Now I croak, honestly. I lost my voice when I got FM. And when you think of it, FM is something that hits muscles and that’s what your voice/throat is.

gb66

I have the same problems with my voice. I have FM and CFS and constantly cough and clear my throat. Can't sing at all now. I could never have sung a solo but I did sing a duet at my junior high graduation. My best friend and I sang The Lord is My Shepherd. We sang a lot of spiritual songs, hymns. We did an Armistice Day program on Nov. 11th (now it's Veteran's Day). I wonder if they still do that kind of music.

sunflowergirl

I sang my first duet in 8th grade graduation....greensleves. And in HS I greatly admired a fellow singer and her voice. She sang a short solo in a negro spiritual song and when I got to Jr. college the song came up to be sung at a very large audience in the gym. I volunteered for it....100s of students and parents out there and I actually got it out, then afterwards I was shaking so much I could hardly finish singing with the rest. But I also used to sing around the piano bars.

Just curious ........do you have any lung problems? I have COPD, specifically bronchiectasis. The last 18 mos the coughing had become so bad that I could hardly talk on the phone for 3 min. without starting to cough. It made for very short conversations. I learned about NAC and have been taking it for about 6 weeks and what a difference. I only cough in the mornings, trying to get up the mucous. I think it’s also helped dry up my nose which when you think about it, it can affect your throat. And.......I’ve tried out my voice......it’s much lower than when I was a teenager but I can sing a little in the shower. LOL

Reactions: bct

gb66

I have been off the board for a couple of days. I keep getting these virus type pop -up ads and it's messing up my computer. They are on FB a lot now. I do have asthma and always have had sinus and bronchial issues. I have a lot of allergies all year long. Keeps me coughing. Lost my ability to sing years ago. What is NAC? I have always been an alto. Don't know what I am now. lol GB

sunflowergirl

GB: it stands for N acetyl L cysteine......over the counter. It comes in 600 mg tabs. I started for a couple of weeks taking one tab but everyone on the bronchiectasis board said to take it twice a day. Do a search on it. I’m an alto also.