Out on a Limb - A New Song Game | Page 2 | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

Out on a Limb - A New Song Game

ProHealth CBD Store

gb66

Would you all like me to post some other games also? It's been a while but I'll try to get my brain working again! lol We are doing much better now that we're settled in our new home. I still have days when I miss my old blown away house though. Very grateful for what we have. GB

gb66

I don’t remember seeing Born Free. But I was in choir and a singing group all thru HS and 2 years of college and I know we sang a lot of Rogers & Hammerstein songs.
I was in the choir in junior high and high school and I remember singing "It Might As Well Be Spring" and a lot of show tunes. I really miss those days. Loved to sing with a group. No solos though!

Reactions: bct

sunflowergirl

GB66: singing with the choir was soooo much fun. That and being in drill team added so much to my life. I did sing some solos....scared to death! Now I croak, honestly. I lost my voice when I got FM. And when you think of it, FM is something that hits muscles and that’s what your voice/throat is.

gb66

I have the same problems with my voice. I have FM and CFS and constantly cough and clear my throat. Can't sing at all now. I could never have sung a solo but I did sing a duet at my junior high graduation. My best friend and I sang The Lord is My Shepherd. We sang a lot of spiritual songs, hymns. We did an Armistice Day program on Nov. 11th (now it's Veteran's Day). I wonder if they still do that kind of music.

sunflowergirl

I sang my first duet in 8th grade graduation....greensleves. And in HS I greatly admired a fellow singer and her voice. She sang a short solo in a negro spiritual song and when I got to Jr. college the song came up to be sung at a very large audience in the gym. I volunteered for it....100s of students and parents out there and I actually got it out, then afterwards I was shaking so much I could hardly finish singing with the rest. But I also used to sing around the piano bars.

Just curious ........do you have any lung problems? I have COPD, specifically bronchiectasis. The last 18 mos the coughing had become so bad that I could hardly talk on the phone for 3 min. without starting to cough. It made for very short conversations. I learned about NAC and have been taking it for about 6 weeks and what a difference. I only cough in the mornings, trying to get up the mucous. I think it’s also helped dry up my nose which when you think about it, it can affect your throat. And.......I’ve tried out my voice......it’s much lower than when I was a teenager but I can sing a little in the shower. LOL

gb66

I have been off the board for a couple of days. I keep getting these virus type pop -up ads and it's messing up my computer. They are on FB a lot now. I do have asthma and always have had sinus and bronchial issues. I have a lot of allergies all year long. Keeps me coughing. Lost my ability to sing years ago. What is NAC? I have always been an alto. Don't know what I am now. lol GB

sunflowergirl

GB: it stands for N acetyl L cysteine......over the counter. It comes in 600 mg tabs. I started for a couple of weeks taking one tab but everyone on the bronchiectasis board said to take it twice a day. Do a search on it. I’m an alto also.

Granniluvsu

I just saw this post ad started reading. Interesting and sorry that you both, SUN and Gb lost your singing voices sometime ago. I still sing but not sure how long I will be able to do it for may reasons. I guess I still have a voice and not to bad. Sorry, we DO NEED ALTOS and are lost without them. I also do lower sop harmonies, many of which I make up in my head. Of course you can not do that all the time. I am mostly sop 1 and 2 but can't go to low or my voice cracks like mad. I sure wish I had been able to sing in High School but we were bussed in as our town did not have a HS at that time, in NY. I had to take the bus to and from school or walk home which would have been horrible, pretty far away, two towns down. I other words me and many of my classmates had little social life in HS. I use singing as a way of trying to help some of my stress. I actually started singing in church choir, a bit as an adult with children. I sang for fun with a friend who ws like me, singing all kids of songs. Ou group that used to sing at nursing homes etc is no longer singing due to COVID-19. Hoping we will start again soon when enough get their vaccines. Also 3 of our ladies who sing also came down with breast cancer and ae dealing with that. One of them is our leader and has finished two of her surgeries and sill soon start radiation.

I hope both of you will have less problems with your lungs. I know this is not a very current post. Hope to check back soon again.

Hugz and blessings,
Granni