Peptide Injections Anyone?

Keggette

I am starting my injections with Dr Dakos this Saturday. Dr Dakos and Dr Gomeringer conferred and both agree I should stay off any meds and supplements for 3 days before and 3 days after the shot. I'm on natural thyroid, adrenal supps, med for elevated pulse and just plain old supplements. So, I don't see an issue with staying off meds.

I've been sick for over 15 years. I treated Lyme and co-infections for 3.5 years and still have 4 issues that have not resolved. Fatigue, very tight muscles more like a fibro, brain fog and difficulty following asleep.

I hope this works for me, I'm 67 years old and need to find answer before I'm too old to enjoy better health. I'm excited about this treatment, it gives me hope.
Has it helped? My sister had one shot and it did very little, but she is trying to get second shot.

Mikie

One shot may not tell one anything about whether or not they will work. This is a long-term treatment and they usually do three injections before giving up. Good luck.

Love, Mikie

Mikie

The peptide treatment came from Oxford University and their research lab. Contact the University to see whether you can find a doc there who does these injections. Good luck.

Love, Mikie

Sunn33

Hello Mikie and Everyone! I am new to this forum and this is my first post! If I am posting incorrectly , somebody, PLEASE let me know and I will correct it. LOL

I am interested in the Peptide Therapy and Transfer Factor. I am not sure if both are needed and/or if they are complimentary??? I have been trying to research the peptide therapy but as you know, there is not a lot of information about it, at least that I could find. :(

Mikie, It seems like you completed the peptide therapy about a year ago. Is that correct? I read where you had improvements with it. And I also read that you used and like the Transfer factor products. So are you redoing the peptide injections? Does it take more than one 'round' for some patients? I saw where the doc has a patient d/c all supps and Rx for 3 days before and after an injection. Then do you take the transfer factor until 3 days before your next peptide injection?

Please forgive all my questions! I appreciate any help or suggestions that you may offer. I know that you may not be feeling well so whenever you feel up to replying is OK.

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences over the years! Even though I just found this forum this week, it has been very encouraging and helpful to be able to read about what you have done!!!

All the best,

Sunn33

Sunn33

It's impossible!! I can't find anything in the UK!! I have been calling docs in the USA hoping that they would help me, maybe leaving a name or something! I tried to call Dr Dakos on the number on his website but the line must have some problems as it says the number is not in service?! I tried to call other docs but they say they don't offer the treatment anymore etc. so no luck:( calling Oxford it's no use they probably have endless labs and the only article I have to rely on has zero specific info..
Hello LTPallergy,

Dr. Dakos died in February.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/news-press/obituary.aspx?n=william-dakos&pid=169965981&fhid=10464

Did you try here?

http://www.gcmaf.eu/gcmaf-products/goleic/

They make the GcMAF so maybe they could help you find a doctor.

Sunn33

Mikie

You can try to get in contact with Dr. David Gomeringer, 239-768-5544 in Ft. Myers, FL. He worked with Dr. Dakos.

Transfer Factors are not necessary when one is on the injections. BTW, the FDA has banned the use of the term, peptide injections. Instead, they insist we call them, amino acid solution injections (you tax dollars at work :) Older people who have been sick a long time usually require monthly injections for a year. If symptoms reappear, one can get a booster shot; I did. It worked and I needed no more.

Good luck.

Love, Mikie

fmfriend

Does anyone know of a Dr who does this peptide treatment or amino acid solution injections in the Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill area. Or how I can find out. There seems to be little information to be found. Thank You, Sally

Mikie

I do know that some patients have seen the doc and then had the solutions sent to them to self-inject. I don't know why there isn't a list of docs who do these injections. You might try Dr. Gruenn to see whether he can help. Eventually, some doc must know something. I think because docs fear the FDA's hounding them, they keep this on the down low. Big Pharma will no doubt eventually figure out the peptide sequences and try to make a bundle on these shots. Big Pharma runs the FDA and heavily lobbies congress. My doc works directly with Oxford University and their research facility. He is a very nice man and very humble and unassuming. I like him.

Love, Mikie

RadioFM

Radio: Do we have a peptide immune system connection?

Viral infections hide and become latent in myelin. If we have myelin damage cause buy chronic methylation/ B12 insufficiencies. This can open the door for molecular mimicry, hyper-reactive immune and chronic viral inflammation. I have been researching these contributing factors related to chronic inflammation and mitochondria dysfunction.

Viruses may also play a role in inducing anti-citrullinated peptide antibodies. I'm starting to see the legitimacy in peptide therapy related to chronic infections.

Please review these links:

Peptide Injections for RA/OA & More
http://www.roadback.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7041&start=80

I've been doing a little research on Peptide therapy for a while. I started researching peptides as it intrigued me that RAers can be anti-CCP positive. Anti-CCP is short for auto-antibodies created against "cyclic citrullinated protein (peptide)."

As Wikipedia explains,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-citru ... n_antibody

"During inflammation, arginine residues in proteins such as vimentin can be enzymatically converted into citrulline ones (a process called citrullination), and, if their shapes are significantly altered, the proteins may be seen as antigens by the immune system, thereby generating an immune response.[3]"

P.Gingivalis, causing oral infections and periodontal disease, leads to inflammation through a process of citrullination that breaks down bone structure surrounding teeth. Recent research seems to be indicating that bugs like P. Gingivalis that lead to citrullination are being found in joint tissues of RAers...hence, the local breakdown of collagenous and bone tissue in joints and the chemical changes caused by antigenic emissions from these bugs.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22347541

"Genetic factors are driving the host responses in both RA and periodontitis. Tumor necrosis factor-α, a proinflammatory cytokine, regulates a cascade of inflammatory events in both RA and periodontitis. Porphyromonas gingivalis is a common pathogen in periodontal infection. P. gingivalis has also been identified in synovial fluid. The specific abilities of P. gingivalis to citrullinate host peptides by proteolytic cleavage at Arg-X peptide bonds by arginine gingipains can induce autoimmune responses in RA through development of anticyclic citrullinated peptide antibodies."

So, this led me on a hunt further into arginine, which is an amino acid. I had read that anyone with an AI disease should not supplement with arginine as this "feeds the bugs." So, I found this correlation interesting...I know...my mind is kinda weird like that, heading off on bizarre tangents to try to connect dots. Nevertheless, following the dot on how this amino acid converts to citrulline and appears to the immune system as a foreign antigen, I wanted to know more about peptides, in general. I had heard about atineoplastin therapy (Burzynski) in the treatment of cancer, which are also peptides, and so the mystery was beginning to unfold further and I wanted to know if Burzynski's peptide therapy may also work for AI diseases. I didn't get much further on that tangent, but sure would enjoy a chat with this doctor.

http://www.burzynskiclinic.com/what-are ... stons.html

"Dr. Burzynski first identified naturally occurring peptides in the human body that control cancer growth. He observed that cancer patients typically had deficiency of certain peptides in their blood as compared to healthy individuals. According to Dr. Burzynski, Antineoplastons are components of a biochemical defense system that controls cancer without destroying normal cells.

Chemically, the Antineoplastons include peptides, amino acid derivatives and organic acids. They occur naturally in blood and urine and they are reproduced synthetically for medicinal use. The name of Antineoplastons comes from their functions in controlling neoplastic, or cancerous, cells (anti-neoplastic cells agents)."

Hmmm....so this little research trip I was on was getting curiouser and curiouser. On closer examination, seems peptide therapy has been fairly successful in mouse models and in various human trials for AI patients (for the past decade or so):

http://www.ohsu.edu/nod/documents/2007/ ... 001%29.pdf

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10955324

This research was included in a past RBF eBulletin:

http://www.rctherapy.net/treatments-for ... arthritis/

So, why isn't this therapy being investigated like crazy by pharmaceuticals??? Well, my guess is that they can't profit due to patent ownership (unless they buy out the researcher) and, even if they do buy patents for these, it's possible the research would be halted as it is not as profitable as some of the current blockbuster meds, like the biologics, which cost in the range of $10000 to 12000 per annum per patient. Additionally, if peptide therapy replaced the need for other arthritis drugs, like DMARDs and pain relievers, this could crash the industry. Arthritis and cancer drugs are multi-billion dollar profit industries. So, as of now, doctors, like Dr. Dakos, are using peptide therapy in-office, experimentally, and this is likely to remain an out-of-pocket expense for the time being. To date, this therapy hasn't been approved for general use and isn't covered by insurance. From what I can gather, monthly shots are approximately $300 and these need to be continued indefinitely. They seem to be palliative, but it's not clear if they are a "cure" in the longer term nor if they would be needed for life. In the case of Burzynski's atineoplastins, cancers have returned upon discontinuation of therapy, but are quickly reversed again when therapy is reinstated. Heck - who cares, if it works to relieve pain and suffering safely...whatever it takes, eh?

The larger question for me is that while peptide therapy may be palliative and regulate immune function (so it's better able to target bugs without over-reacting to antigen), the bugs are still present until the immune system is able to mop them up on its own. So, if I were personally to try peptide therapy, I would not be dropping my abx therapy in order to do so (bugs still there and doing their dirty work), but would greatly enjoy killing one bird with two stones, so to speak. Just my rambling two cents, though.

Detection of Viral Citrullinated Peptide Antibodies Directed Against EBV or VCP: In Early Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients of Indian Origin

Conclusions:
We observed that sera from early RA patients reacted to the deiminated protein encoded by Epstain Barr Virus (EBV). Thus a possible role of virus in inducing an anti-citrullinated peptide antibody (ACPA) response reveals viral etiology in this disease.

See more here:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3040093/

Radio: In this paper they have identified new viral citrullinated peptide - VCP2 - derived from the Epstein-Barr virus. See more here: Antibodies to a new viral citrullinated peptide, VCP2:

Question:
Has anyone had the anti–citrullinated protein antibody testing done?

Radio: Do we have a peptide immune system connection?

See more info here:
http://forums.prohealth.com/forums/index.php?threads/hyper-reactive-immune-system-and-the-viral-peptide-connection.264440/#post-1779165

Last edited:
I am hoping this works, my iPad was not allowing this.

I was on these shots for 4 years at $300 a shot. I did fabulous on them for 8 months and then all hell broke loose.

I have CFS and Fibro with Sjogrens and CVID.

After going off of them, I cannot seem to not do them anymore. It's like my body can't function without them. The cost is too high. My pain is now through the roof. It was never good on them, but now it is so much worse.

Here is something I also noticed about them; they took away interest. My interest in life waned. My specific shot was for food allergies and that was helped but interestingly, while on them, I became a Celiac and milk intolerant completely.

My food allergies are not too bad anymore, but my pain is through the roof. I am contemplating going on them again for pain relief, but I still had pain. But, I can't stand the thought of the price and the fact that they made me feel "DEAD." I had no desire at all.

Who wants that?

We don't know enough about these shots and the long term affects. I am unhappy that they didn't continue to really work for me after 8 months and what exactly did it do? My doc would never really explain that. I didn't like that, either. I need to understand...what is this?

But, I did it for 4 years due to desperation. I am glad I did it and not so glad all in one. It's too expensive and I never had the benefit that Mikey had.

RadioFM

Detection of Viral Citrullinated Peptide Antibodies Directed Against EBV or VCP: In Early Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients of Indian Origin

Conclusions:
We observed that sera from early RA patients reacted to the deiminated protein encoded by Epstain Barr Virus (EBV). Thus a possible role of virus in inducing an anti-citrullinated peptide antibody (ACPA) response reveals viral etiology in this disease.

See more here: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3040093/

By the way, my doctor says that the main doc in Germany or Spain who does this...is not getting peoples blood work back to them until a year later, to tell them which shot they need exactly. This totally baffles me.

Are you all getting your bloodwork back before a year? I live in PA. I am having it done here, but my doc is saying it's nearly impossible. Is he full of it, or what is going on?

I would love to do a shot for pain.

Thank you so so much for your story- it's important to have a general knowledge of the therapy, good and bad feedbacks are both appreciated- I'm trying to create on Facebook a SAM Group - It would mean a lot if any of you guys on here would be interested- we can potentially help other people and people on the therapy at the moment- since as you know there isn't much info available anywhere- even better if we are spreaded around the world - I am from the UK and I am looking for docs who could administer this closer to me. Although I ended up going to the US for the first shot..I so far had huge improvements- but you Sick Songbird are reporting of decresed intest in life- that sounds scary. I guess if you are doing it for food allergies you are using PA?- pls guys if you are interested in the group let me know-

49fiori

I know of no way to know whether these docs are doing the same thing. You can e-mail Dr. Dakos and ask about any other docs near you. Drs. Dakos and Gomeringer are in Fort Myers, FL. This is still too new to me to know about any links. Really, I'm going to see Dr. Gomeringer on April 4 and find out more about this treatment option. I did find some things online but they were mostly on companies which do the labwork for the treatment. I wish I could be of more help but I don't know much more than anyone else. That's why I posted, asking whether anyone else had done this.

Love, Mikie
I do these injections in Europe, SAM-AL for my allergy and they work perfectly. I am on my 5th injection now.

49fiori

The peptide treatment came from Oxford University and their research lab. Contact the University to see whether you can find a doc there who does these injections. Good luck.

Love, Mikie
Are you sure about this? I can contact Oxford University and they will tell me the names of the doctors who administrate these injections? I am not really sure about this. I think these injections have nothing to do with Oxford University. Let me know please. Thanks.

RadioFM

Radio: We need to create a list of Doctors who specialize in Peptide therapy. Please post any related information on this topic?

Does Peptide Therapy Work?

Radio: Hey Mikie, All your FM symptoms are gone?

Moderator: Mikie,

"All symptoms of CFIDS/ME and FMS are gone. My tender points are gone. I've been sick since 1990 and really sick since 2000, until the other treatments and the peptide injections, so I'll likely never be the same as I was before the mycoplasma infection triggered my CFIDS/ME. I suffer from the same things as my neighbors and friends my age--lower back pain, which I don't think is related to my former illnesses. I've aged almost 25 years since getting sick so it's difficult to tell just how I might have fared had I not gotten these illnesses."

"Before the peptide injections, I did the Guai treatment for my FMS and it was very successful. Only problem is that it's so restrictive regarding what one can use in one's daily regimen. Also, it's very slow and if one tries to increase the dose to hurry things up, it causes painful FMS flares. Still, at the time, it was about the only thing available. It got me out of bed and off of morphine."

"Transfer factors, antibiotics, antivirals, and heparin all helped but with the peptide injections, it's a one-treatment deal over the course of a year. Biggest drawback is that ins. doesn't cover it so it was all out of pocket."

Love, Mikie

See more here: http://forums.prohealth.com/forums/index.php?threads/someone-cured-of-cfs-fms-looking-for-radio.264378/

Last edited:

Mikie

I can only tell you what my doc has told me. Isn't it worth a shot, no pun intended.

Love, Mikie

49fiori

I can only tell you what my doc has told me. Isn't it worth a shot, no pun intended.

Love, Mikie
Are you still using them and are they helping you? I got my allergy injection SAM-AL and I immediately felt better, I am now going for my 4th, but they seem to last about 3 weeks and then again my allergy kicks in.

Do you know where the specimen is manufactured? Do you know how to the doctors in America are selling it if it is not FDA approved?

Thanks Mikie!

RadioFM

I know Mikie had good results with these, but I also know 2 others here "tried" them and one stopped after 7 sessions I think it was, and the other person tried once and was told if they didn't help the first treatment, probably wouldn't help. There was another person not long ago working with peptides and there was an issue going on and I think she had to stop them....

Dr. Gruen (originally from Germany) is a few miles from me, but this is something I just never felt good about for me.....plus the expense...and and.....everyone is different and I get some relief with Mesotherapy Injections (homeopathic) and also acupuncture and Prolotherapy can work too and does for many....

Meso is from France and my integrative rheumy uses Meso on her patients....and acupuncture and Prolo....

Anyway....once early on during this journey of FM, talking to one MD, he said everyone has tender points, he said he does. Meso could help. jam

Hey Jam,

Thanks for the great info and sharing your thoughts. I have been researching this topic and I feel that each person may need custom testing to find out which peptides are needed to regenerate the body's defective proteins.

Also, we need ATP for cellular regeneration. We could possibly add in RNA, Methylation & Mitochondria supportive supplements to this treatment plan as well.

Regenerative Cellular Therapy is using proteins and peptides which are carrying genetically encoded information into a specific type of cell in order to treat a specific disease. Once inside the cell the protein or peptide modifies the DNA and RNA. When this process is completed, the new gene will make functional protein to treat a disease. The functional protein, when necessary, exits the cell and inserts itself into neighboring cells that are unable to synthesize functional protein and the organ or tissue begins to regenerate. See more here: http://www.rctherapy.com/regenerative-cell-therapy/how-it-works/

Radio: GcMAF makes the peptides..

(commercial supplement website URL deleted by moderator)

Radio

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, I am new in this forum. I live in Fort lauderdale, Florida. I have been trying to find peptides therapy to treat different pathologies, specially the autoimmune and degenerative ones, here in the US for a long time now but I can't find anything. My father has been working with peptones with a high concentration of peptides for more than 40 years back in Argentina. They have been very successful treating all kind of pathologies back home. Some doctors even go from Mexico to get these products to treat their patients. There are a few labs in my country, being my dad's lab one of them. I am very surprised that this kind of therapy is known very little here in the USA. I am very glad I found this forum and realize that actually people use this kind of therapy (Complementary Medicine, designation back home) I never heard of the application of peptides through injection , but I found it very interesting reading this forum. Has anyone tried this therapy in the form of capsules? if so, could you share?

Best Regards

Fernando

Mikie

The peptide sera is made in England at the lab used by Oxford University. It doesn't need refrigeration and is shipped to my doc, Dr. David Gomeringer, 1-239-768-5544. He is located in Fort Myers, FL. There are only about 25 docs in the U.S. who do the peptide injections. The FDA has approved them but insurance doesn't pay for them. The FDA insists that they be called, "Amino Acid Solution Injections." Providers must use this in lieu of peptide injections.

Each person is different. The injections helped a lot for quite a while but I've been in a bit of a remission lately. I got one booster shot but could use another. If I could afford it, I'd get them regularly and, I believe, I would feel much, much better. The older a person, and the longer that person has been ill, the more injections it takes to get rid of the symptoms. The injections are not a cure but, if the symptoms are gone, it's the next best thing. There are no apparent side effects of the injections.

Good luck.

Love, Mikie