PORCH #1146 IS NOW OPEN (7/28/19) | Page 2 | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

PORCH #1146 IS NOW OPEN (7/28/19)

ProHealth CBD Store

Mikie

Good Wednesday Morning, Kids,

When I got up, I had very little water pressure. I went outside and inspected our water pipes around the backflow valve but everything was OK. I just came in and Joe called. He has little pressure too. Must be a broken main somewhere. Don't need plumbing problems just before I leave. I had menthol and the heating pad on my chest all night. It's painful on the left side when I breathe and it feels tight. Yikes! Don't want that either before I leave, or ever. I'm seeing my doc this morning and he will check it out. I hope by Friday, it will be OK.

Granni, pasta sounds good. I like it with red or white sauce. I also love pesto on it. I make mine with almonds because pine nuts make me sick. Hope the dinner was good and you enjoyed it.

Spring, nothing is as sweet as puppies and kittens. SV sits like this and he looks as though he's in a big chair. When he lived outside, he would sit like that against the cement bumpers at the front of our parking spaces. This little guy looks like he is praying. "Oh, Lord, send me treats."

Rock, I'm so sorry you lost your post. I still do the highlight and copy because this computer will wipe out the whole thing if I'm not careful.

I'll be back later and will drop in. I hope everydobby has a wonderful day.

Love, Mikie

rockgor

Morning Kids

Mikie, I hope you improve fast. No fun combing being sick with a vacation. It sounds as though you are talking about a picture, but my crazy computer doesn't shows a pic. I don't do the highlight and copy thing because when you explain it, I don't seem to have the necessary parts on my computer. The refurbished computer we just bought from Jesse has not been installed. I don't want to nag Gordon about it. It should make a big difference. This computer we're using now is crazy as the mad hatter and ornery as Darth Vader.

Can't remember if I ever tasted pesto or not. I used to buy several kinds of nuts from Trader Joe,
but now a pound of almost any kind costs at least ten bucks, and I don't have enough teeth to
chew them anyway.

Good luck with the doctor visit.

Hugs Kids, Rock

Reactions: bct

sunflowergirl

Mikie: Hope the doc visit goes good today. Maybe you need an antibiotic. I got this word today in this daily word site that comes to my computer automatically. Don't think I signed up for it but it's interesting. Here's a word that's perfect for us:

Rock: What brand of computer are you guys using? I'm on an ipad.....I love it compared to my big Microsoft computer which i can't sit at.....gives me terrible neck /back pains. I think the ipad might be similiar to a chrome.....right Mikie? We bought it years ago at the suggestion of an accupuncture doc i was seeing at the time. My DH was a programmer analyst and refused to learn the Ipad so I was on my own. We bought it with a separate keyboard as I couldn't type on a flat painted on keyboard. But I do understand your frustrations with the computer.

I've been up since 4 am with sciatic/knee/hip pains. It's just a daily struggle with so much and I'm getting worn out. Got the washer fixed though. Turns out it was a wiring problem, a burnt wire end, so the tech was easily able to fix it and just charged me the service call of $70. But....we got to talking. I told him that today I was starting up the chemo again, he said his DB was also going thru it....but the type that goes thru the entire body. He's losing a lot of weight....can't eat.....so I told him about the MJ brownies my Dh ate and the best place to purchase them.

My DH was very sick and losing weight, couldn't eat, so at that time we got him a medical release to purchase MJ and was told by a doctor to eat a small piece around 5 pM, lay down to sleep and when he woke he would feel hungry. He was correct....his appetite when he got up was amazing. He did this for about 3 weeks then one day he must have eaten a tad too much and got dizzy. Scared him so he stopped the MJ. When he died he weighed about 125 lbs. and was 5'9". I hope this works for this tech's DB. Sometimes people come into our lives at one time or another for a reason.....I really felt I was supposed to talk to this appliance person yesterday.

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Just waiting to leave for the doc's. I'm all ready to go. I'm wearing one of the new pairs of Capri pants and they are sooo comfortable. Just a wee bit big in the upper thigh area but better too big than too tight.

Rock, if I knew what kind of computer you have, I might be able to help a bit. Keyboards can differ but most have the same basic keys. In any case, I'm glad to see you here. I didn't post a pic. Your computer sounds like that FPOC I bought which still hasn't been to the Geek Squad. I've had too many expenses lately and, with the Chrome, I can do without it for now. The shelled pistachios I like are $8 for half a pound. I only buy nuts on BOGO. I'm nuts for nuts!

Sun, the iPad is an Apple product which runs on it's own system which differs from the Chrome and Microsoft. Because I have an iPhone, my kids think I should get an iPad. It would make things easier. They aren't very expensive for the basic ones but I already have several tablets, the Kindle and laptops. The Kindle can be used as a tablet but, like with a phone, it isn't the easiest thing to use to post. Yes, that word is perfect for us. If I'm not removed, like the tree in the example, I may fall in the house. Yes, I believe that we are all linked spiritually and we often interact so that we can help one another. Hope your advice helps.

OK, SV is sitting here staring me down so I need to see what he wants. He may be in a needy mood where nothing satisfies him. I get like that too. Chest is feeling better and better, thank God! Have a great day, everydobby.

Love, Mikie

Update: Just back from the doc and Publix. He gave me the order for my labwork and they made an appt. for my GI doc in the middle of Aug. At that appt., I'll schedule my colonoscopy. Used a coupon and got $1.50 off some Maybelline makeup to take with me on the trip. My old bottle is almost empty. For years, I only used Clinique makeup because 'drugstore' makeup was not good. Now, it's great so no need to spend a lot for it. I don't wear makeup anymore unless I'm going somewhere and I don't even put it on to go to Publix. My fans love me with or without it.

Last edited:

Granniluvsu

Oh NO ROCK - I do understand, that has happened to me more than once I can tell you. Talk about frustrating. You just want to scream , stamp your feet and throw out the computer but that wouldn't help of course. Aside from that I hope you are feeling terribly frustrated I hope you are doing OK. Reading, resting and sleeping aren't half bad.

MIKIE, et al - I know you are getting ready for your trip and didn't know how much you would be on the computer tomorrow so I wanted to bid you adeiu (sp). Went to the doc today to have the stitch removed from my biopsy site and then on the the lab to have 3 tests done after drawing a bunch of blood. How nice they can do it with just sticking you once. Lucky they have little problems with taking my blood and sticking me. I was going to ask the tech about how long it too to get the results back but forgot. I am guessing at least two weeks and maybe more if it a very different test. They are doing the Sjogrens antibodies, Creatiine kinase total and the ANA screen, IFA,w/REFL titer and pattern. Will be looking up these tests later on. I know it is for different autoimmune disorders. I don't think I have Sjogrens as for one thing I don;t have much of a problem with dry mouth or eyes but I do have very sensitive eyes. At this point it is getting very old but I do want to try and get to the bottom of this mess if I can or at least a few answers. I doubt if there is any cure for any of it but a few treatments that work sure might be helpful. Then came home had lunch and am vegging on the computer. I have so many annoying, to say the least symptoms that are bothering me I don;t now what is causing what. I know many of you understand what I am talking about. So excuse me for whining !!!!

Sounds like you got a lot done today at the doccs and shopping for the trip even if you couldn't find the blue stuff you were searching for.

DH had told two of our kids that he would take us all out for the pizza buffet tonight for both of their anniversaries. That was before he had to spend about $400 tor a power washer. The old one died and the walkway looks so bad and to have someone else do it it is much more than that. We have a lot of walkway and driveway to do. Now he is complaining of the cost so we will be eating home a lot after today. Usually we eat little pizza and pasta but yesterday was special and so is today but you enjoy it more when there is some time in between. Meanwhile one of the DD's going is waiting as we speak for the guy to fix her washer. Hopefully it won't take to long to get fixed when he comes. It can get pretty crazy when you are waiting all day for a repairman, I know you all know that feeling.

SPRING WATER What a cute picture of that sweet puppy you posted. It is so adorable. You have been having a fun time at home cleaning like I have along with all this other stuff. Tomorrow I will be outside weeding and picking up lots of limbs and mess from the storm yesterday as well as weeding if it doesn't rain hard any ore . Yesterday it started pouring just after we got to the club for dinner. It was very hard rain and wind too, bad to be out

JULIE - Keep on getting things done but try not to wear yourself out. I know that is hard to do esp when you are on a roll as they say.

Thinking about everydobby inc all those not mentioned!! P.S. MIKIE - I HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON AND NOT SICK ON VACATION !!!!!

Hugs and love to awl,

Granni :)

Last edited:
  • Love

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

We are having our mandatory violent afternoon thunderstorm. If we lose power, I'm stuck. I got SV's water fountain and dishes all set up. He has one of those bowls that refills itself as the water is drunk so he has two choices to drink water. I cleaned the fountain and that is quite a chore. He got so excited and drank a ton of water. He has one of those bowls that refills itself with dry food too so Claudia won't have to keep doing it. He got excited and ate out of that. I'm glad he's comfortable using these 'Mama's away from home' bowls. Claudia can give him his wet food on little paper plates and just throw the dirty one on top away and use the next one. She will also offer him water from his formal water goblet. He will either miss me and be glad I'm back or he will be ticked off and ignore me. My money's on missing me. I know I'll miss him.

I got a charger for my car for the phone. I tried it out when I left this morning. It glows the most beautiful blue when it's plugged in. Not necessary but y'all know how excited I get about things that light up and glow. Manufacturer will give me a $15 Amazon gift card if I review it online. Heck, I love it so much, I'd review it for free. It has an extra USB port so I can charge other things with it too.

Granni, everyone who has Sjogren's that I have heard of talks about the extreme exhaustion's being the worst symptom. I was exhausted with the CFIDS/ME and FMS but I never experienced anything like the exhaustion that comes with Sjogren's. The peptide injections helped mine a lot but, when I get run down or sick, anything, and everything, can rear its ugly head. You are right about not knowing what is causing which symptoms. The more conditions one has, the more difficult it can be. Doc and I talked about this today. I told him I'm going to be doing the MS fast diet and he was pleased; he hadn't heard about it but said reducing carbs helps with inflammation, which I knew. I think the MS diet was tweaked by the researchers until they found just the right number of days to diet/fast and how many calories.

I told him about my recent sore throat and swollen lymph nodes, followed by the pain on one side of my chest when I breathe. It was so much better by the time I saw him. He pointed right to the spot on my chest and asked if that was the spot. He said all this sinus and chest congestion is affecting a lot of his patients. My Advantage health plan checks their patients in his practice and makes sure he is keeping up on the preventive tests and care. He was glad I had my mammo and Dexascan and was happy to make the appt. and get my referral to see the GI doc. That will bring everything up to date, including my labwork. Have to wait til after the 18th to do that. They can only draw blood from one of my arms because of the surgery to repair my bicep tendon. The incision goes right across that vein. I always tell the techs I got the scar in a bar fight.

Yes, it's always some kind of expense. Our hood has a pressure washer we can use but I can't do it and neither can Joe. I just pay someone to do our walks by our bldg. The mgmt. co. had a handyman whose hand got caught in the rip cord to start the washer and he ended up having surgery. Yikes! Seems people are having problems with their washers. I hope mine keeps plugging along. Thanks for all your good wishes for my trip. I've alerted our other Moderator, Nanie46, and she will be on the lookout for problems. She's a really sweet person and sooo knowledgeable about Lyme. I hope the doc can find out what is causing your problems and can help you. Getting these things diagnosed is a real pain.

Gonna get going. It's sooo dark out with lots of thunder. I'm going to check the weather radar on my phone to see whether it's heading out. The one system in the Bahamas isn't supposed to be a problem but the next one in line could form into a serious storm. Hope I don't have problems returning from CO. Hope everydobby has a lovely evening.

Love, Mikie

• Love

rockgor

Morning, Kids

Saw a video on YouTube about Life in the 50s. All the comments are pretty much the same: Things were so much better
back then. Great music and little violence. We used to go out and play. We weren't glued to a phone or TV, Met my boyfriend in sophomore year. We have been married 56 years. I still have some of the records I bought then. My
Dad took home movies. Once a year we taken them out and watch. We all get teary eyed. Wish I could go back.

Nice post, Mikie. I think folks here light up and glow when they read your posts.

Granni, you're right as usual. Reading, resting and sleeping aren't half bad. I have exciting news. Yesterday I went
outside twice and sat with kitty. I did not bundle up or spray myself with Deet. I got NO bites. The monster
mosquitoes seem to be gone.

I see power washers advertised on TV. The ad doesn't mention the price though. Hope it works as advertised. I
don't know if Gordon has one or not. He buys lots of equipment and lots of plants. Can't keep up with it. A day
or two ago three teenage girls were standing by the gate to our backyard. so Gordon went over and talked to
them. Gave them some plants. Showed them the goldfish plant which is now in bloom. I think he has a streak
of Johnny Appleseed in him.

Sun and Mikie, the brand of our computer is unknown. It doesn't have any name or logo. Well, I wouldn't want my
name on this piece of junk. But as long as I stick to the Board, YouTube and the news it works pretty well. It is
useless if I go to the library although Gordon knows how to do navigate there. I'm sure my Alz is a big part of
the problem.

Sun, nice of you to pass along some helpful info to the washer guy. Hope it helps his brother. Are these pains in
the leg a recurring problem? Have you tried MJ pills? Boy, I sure thought they would change my life when I first tried
them. But after a month or so they lost their magic power.

Happy Days to all. Rock

Mikie

Good Thursday Morning, Kids,

Claudia will be stopping in this morning so I can just go over things. I don't think it's absolutely necessary but it will help her when I'm gone. Bless her heart. I don't know what we would do down here without our friends. I will be trying on the new tops again and figuring out what to pack that goes together. Most of it is like the kids' Geranimals matching outfits. Gonna have to wear sandals and hope no one steps on my feet when deplaning. Sandals aren't the best when there is an emergency either. Oh well...

Rock, the pressure washers I've seen on TV are the kind you connect to the hose outside. I'm guessing the kind Granni is talking about for $400 also connects to the hose but has a big compressor. The kind we have here is like a floor cleaner that you push or hook a sprayer to to clean objects other than the sidewalk. They make a lot of noise. I'm glad the skeeters are not bothering you. The State of FL keeps chickens to test, like canaries in the mine shaft, for mosquito borne diseases. They tested positive for East Equine Disease which causes encephalitis. Yikes! We are being warned not to go out in the evenings without our deet. They can also carry the Zika Virus and West Nile Disease, none of these is pleasant. Almost one-third of people who get the East Equine Disease die. Many are left with brain injuries.

We tend to view the past through rose colored glasses. I also have fond memories of my yute but things weren't good for many people. Minorities, especially black people, suffered; they still do. I remember my best friend telling me about the 'Colored Only' or 'White Only' signs on restrooms and drinking fountains. I thought she was kidding. We lived in a little white bread college town which kept us in a bubble. A diagnosis of cancer was usually a death sentence and many other diseases were rampant. Parents sweated through every summer just hoping we didn't get Polio. We got mired down in Korea. Women weren't taken seriously professionally. They could choose between having a family or working in many cases. Even those who devoted themselves professionally were discriminated against in a white man's world. When they did work, their pay was often horrible. Sorry to sound like Debbie Downer but things weren't perfect. That doesn't keep me from looking back and remembering a safer time for me and my friends when life seemed so carefree. I'm glad I have good memories but I also try to enjoy the good things we have today even if today isn't perfect either.

So glad your computer is at least cooperating enough so that you can visit the Porch. I certainly glow when I read your posts.

Hope everydobby has a good day. I'll be back later. Just got rid of a couple of spammers. Don't know how often I'll be checking in while I'm away. I may not be posting much if I have to use my phone--fat fingers, little keys.

Love, Mikie

sunflowergirl

Mikie: Hope you have a good trip and don't worry about things like wearing sandals! If Claudia has cats, which you said she does, she knows how to deal with SV. I've left Clair for 11 days with enough food and water and 4 litter boxes. My cleaning lady came in twice in that time and Clair was fine. Cats roll with the flow, dogs don't.

You may remember the friend of my SIL who maybe had a heart attack. No heart problems but the doc was thinking he might have picked up yellow fever from a mosquito bite when he was in Florida the previous week. I got some pretty nasty mosquito bites a few weeks ago, swelled up, turned red and ITCHED for over 4 days. In california we told to WEAR protection but the aedes mosquito carries everything.

Granni: What does your DH use such a powerful washer on? When I was going to get my house painted, the guys washed the entire house with it, but I saw it did not only remove dirt on the house but also more paint so I wouldn't want to use that again on my house until it was painting time again. I got home from the chemo yesterday and found that my pool guy had cleaned the filter. AND.....there was the white diatamaceous earth all over the patio. *&^%$#@. I got out my hose and used it with the strong nozzle but there's still some on the patio. So I'll have to go out this morning wearing as mask and start slowly sweeping it up. And I saw he had also hosed the patio. So I called him last night, asked what happened because he had told me he was going to clean the filter elsewhere. I wasn't a happy camper, especially after what I went thru earlier.

Rock: So you've got a plain wrap computer! We've had those in the past and they're just as good as a name brand, only less $. Don't fret it, you will slowly catch on. And about the good 'ol days, it depends on how good it was for you. Sometimes I think it was wonderful growing up in the 50s, but there were a lot of things not so good. Right now I'm thinking no AC back then since it's supposed to be over 100 again. I'm so grateful for the AC. We had nothing in our house to cool it, then around 1958 my parents got a window AC next to the dining room table....omg....we lived next to it! And I think about laying on my bed in the HOT BR when I was young in the summer, trying to sleep, often hearing a mosquito buzzing around And knowing I would be bit. I would wait until it was close, my finger on the light and when I would hear it I would turn it on frantically looking for the little bugger to smash.

I was up every hour on the hour last night, hitting the bathroom. Sooo tired today, but one down and two to go until October when I see my doc again.

Granniluvsu

SUN - He usually uses it once in a blue moon to do the walkways and driveway and some cleaning around the patio. He also wants to do the patio deck but will be repainted one of these days again soon. We used to do some of the painting together but no more. He did the larger areas and did the posts. It was not fun esp the way I feel. Yes, it can takeoff the paint too it is all in the pressure. You have to make sure it isn't to strong or it will take off the paint. You are right about cats. Dogs are more needy !!! I know what you mean aboaut needing the bathroom esp at night. It surely cuts into your zzz time. Sure hope the blood work I had done helps me in some way.

MIKIE - Have a wonderful trip. When I travel by plane I could care less about stype. So I wear jeans and tennis shoes. Sometimes it is freezing on the plane too so I wear jeans and caarry a sweater. Just wear what is comfy for you but I am ready if we have to make a quick exit which thank God I never had to do. Safe trip sweetie !! I know you will have a wonderful trip.

ROCK - Hang in there my friend. I understand about getting frustrated with gagets. However, patience is the key and time. If I can do it you can too ! I am not very technical but since DH is maybe worse than I I hve been forced to do things for myself. He had no patience and I at least have more than he :)!! Glad the monster mosquitos seem to have disappeared. I sure do hope so.

Gotta run for now.

Wash is calling ! Oh BTW they were supposed to come yesterday to deliver the new door for DD's washer and somehow it got lost. Probably it wasn;t marked and someone else took it for their job. Not good and she is not a happy camper. So we are busy with more washes over here.

Love to awl,
Granni

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Been busy but sat down to have lunch. Then, I checked into my flight online. It gave me several options to get the boarding passes. I elected to have them downloaded to my phone. Bingo! Like magic. Gonna print them out at the airport kiosk just because this is the first time I've had them on the phone. I love tech when it works! I have the Delta app on my phone and watch so I can find everything there including the gates if they change.

Sun, I'm sorry about the pool guy's being so messy. I would think it would be better for you to rest after chemo. The only time I've had our whole bldg. pressure washed is prior to painting. I do have our sidewalks, the balcony and our stairs pressure washed every fall after all the humidity is gone. The sidewalks get green and black from it. Claudia is a huge cat lover and has two of her own. She loves SV so much and he's gotten used to her now. She plans to come over twice a day, in the morning and in the evening. He will like that. She loves taking care of her friends' cats and looks at it as fun. I know that he will be fine but he's used to a lot of human contact/company. I went over to give her kitties their breakfast when she was away overnight and I stayed to keep them company. I also gave them back massages. They loved it. That's sad and scary about the guy who might have yellow fever. I use insect spray on the rare occasions I'm sitting out in the evenings. I also make sure we don't have standing water around our bldg. I hope you can rest after your ordeal and night of frequent bathroom visits. Feel better.

Granni, I am almost as comfy in my nicer things as in my tee shirts and shorts. I now have some really pretty tops and some new Capri pants so I'll look fine no matter what we do. I want to look good when I get there and my kids see me, as good as I can look in this wrinkled up old body. I just did a load of laundry and am rounding up stuff to pack. I made a list so, hopefully, I won't forget anything. Gonna try on the stuff I'm gonna pack so it will take no thinking about it to get dressed every day. I hope you and your DH don't overdo it when y'all are doing all this work outside in the heat. I just noticed a bunch of weeds coming up in our mulch so need to email management to get on the gardeners about it. I've had no one to help me with computers and other tech so I learn by trial and error and lots of swearing. Can imagine how upset your DD is; I would be too. Hope it gets fixed OK.

After I try things on and pack, I'm gonna jump in the shower so I don't have to shampoo my hair in the morning. I need to touch up my toenail polish and throw a clear coat on my fingernails. Always so many last minute things to do. It makes me feel shaky. Sometimes, dealing with this kind of stuff overwhelms me but I know it's good for my pea brain. If I had to do this stuff more often, I'd likely be better at it and more relaxed.

Hope all y'all are having a great day.

Love, Mikie

• Love

sunflowergirl

I finished with sweeping and hosing AGAIN and took my shower. No rest for the wicked, but I push myself to accomplish each day. It's a mind game i play with myself....I'm not sick if I can go for a walk or do things around here, or run some errands like I have to do this morning. I don't use antibacterial soap but gonna buy some and start using it.

I have a $40 coupon for Target because I opened a credit card with them and spent the proper amount of $. I was wondering what i should use it on since it's only good for a month, then I saw their ad for BOGO 1/2 off second on children shoes. I've given before to Shoes that Fit.....shoes for kids who start school either with too small or only having flip flops, so I'm going to call the local Shoes that Fit and see what sizes. I had stocked up on kitty litter when I had to spend a certain $ to get the credit card so I'm OK.

mikie: More than checking clothes for the trip, for me is making sure I have ALL meds, toiletries, etc. and usually triple check that. I agree.....if we traveled more than once a year we would be more relaxed and enjoy the trip.

Rock; You asked about my leg....about 4 mos. ago I was out on a walk, must have stepped wrong and twisted my leg and knee. I didn't go to the doc cause I KNEW it would be PT and I can do it at home. I'm pretty sure what muscle it is that now has TP on it so I have to work it every day. Just something else I have to live with.

Granniluvsu

MIKIE - One last note. I am very comfy in my shorts and capri and jeans when the weather allows. Actually I put on jeans this a.m. as i thought I would be working outside for awhile with DH. However, he woke up sort of dizzy and not wanting to do much. I took his b/p which was ok, just a tad above normal at least the systolic was. He's doing much better now. Going out and eating so much pizza and salad threw us both out of wack shall we say. I needed the salad but not that much pizzas. I have been so busy I haven't changed into my shorts which I usually wear at home except if I go out it is usually capris. I hardly ever really dress up - to much trouble and don;t feel as comfy . The best I usually look is when I go to church ! :D

Sorry I need to run and start lunch and switch washes for DD and myself.
Love to awl ,
Granni :)

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Last check in today. I'll check in if I have time in the morning. Decided to wait and wash my hair in the morning. I have time. I called Joe to confirm the time and he answered, "Joe's Limo Service." He is sooo reliable and I know I never have to worry if he's taking me somewhere. I do the same for him. Haven't packed yet but will before bed except for what I'm wearing on the plane and my meds and makeup. SV knows something's up and he's been asking for all the love and attention he can get. I know he will be in good hands with Claudia and I gave her Joe's number. He will help if she needs anything.

Sun, yes, I always check the really important things at least three times. That is very good of you to donate those shoes. There is so much need. I donated at Publix for their Back-To-School campaign. School supplies and back packs are given out at several big parties for the kids. Volunteer barbers and stylists give free hair cuts. Hope your leg is better.

Granni, I really don't buy clothes that aren't comfortable. I doubt I'll have to buy anything for a long time but I do need to go through my closet and drawers and get rid of a lot. If I go on that fast/diet, I'll likely lose some weight because I'm back to going to the pool. Hard to know what to get rid of. I have skinny clothes and fat clothes. If I wear jeans, they are usually white denim jeans. Very tropical and comfortable. I like to roll up the cuffs for a more casual look. I've tried taking Joe's BP but it's difficult because he can never seem to relax and holds his arm rigid. Have to keep reminding him to relax.

Whenever I go to the doc, the nurse/asst. usually tells me my pulse is 60. This has happened with different ones. I usually just shrug it off but, when it happened again yesterday, I told her it's never that low and I showed her on my watch. I asked whether she wanted to take it again. She did and took the pen and wrote on her hand to do the math. She had been tripling the 15 second rate instead of quadrupling it. OMG! Unreal! My doc is a good guy and I think he tries to give jobs to people who might have a difficult time getting one otherwise. I think the young woman was embarrassed and I was nice and tried to put her at ease. He's a good doc.

OK, gonna go pack before Jeopardy starts. Hope everydobby is having a lovely evening. We just finished our big daily thunderstorm. It's only 75 degrees out.

Love, Mikie

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Just doing some last minute things, including email so thought I'd drop in. I had put together some shortcuts for a friend and thought I'd share them here. Y'all may already be acquainted with them and using them.

Ctrl + A to highlight all
Ctrl + C to copy
Ctrl + V to retrieve anything that has been deleted
Ctrl + P to print
Ctrl + X to delete whatever is highlighted

OK, I'm really outta here and this time I mean it.

Love, Mikie

Mikie

Good Friday Morning, Kids,

Just waiting to get into the shower. Everything is done except for throwing the last minute things in my bag. That big storm off our East Coast will bring a lot of thunderstorms but not til after I leave. SV knows something is up and he keeps giving me pleading looks. Like with a kid, he'll be fine after I go.

We are past 35 posts so if anyone wants to start a new Porch...

Hope all y'all have a wonderful day.

Love, Mikie