PORCH # 1148 IS NOW CLOSED..9 AUG 2019 | Page 2 | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

PORCH # 1148 IS NOW CLOSED..9 AUG 2019

ProHealth CBD Store

Mikie

Good Monday Morning, Kids,

Wow! Slept ten hours last night. I've been sooo tired since returning home and am glad I've been able to sleep. SV has been really good about not waking me. Only problem is that all this sleep isn't translating into more NRG during the day. Whine, whine, whine! Other than that, nothing to talk about.

Barry, nice to see you dropping in on the Porch. Sounds as though your weather is pretty nice right now. How wonderful to see all the dragonflies. They are so beautiful. I'm just gonna bite the bullet and make my appts. The one I'm really interested in is in Oct. when I see the eye doc. I dread cataract surgery but want it at the same time if I can get rid of my specs except for reading. I hate wearing them all the time. On the other hand, I know there can be complications. Hope you like your new doc. I like the term, champagne brain instead of brain fog.

Sun, I remember when Strawberry Shortcake was such a wild fad. Women were even decorating their kitchens in that theme with a band of SS wallpaper around the top or center of the walls. I worked with a woman who collected Coca Cola memorabilia and her kitchen was decorated in that. Remember Cabbage Patch Kids and Beanie Babies? People went crazy for them. I don't remember much about the English but, every time we saw a move made in France when I was in HS, all the women had hair under their arms. We thought it was gross and we would make sick sounds. I quite shaving decades ago and yank the hair out with an epilator. Over time, it stops growing. Old age does that too. Glad you are getting the butterflies. BTW, I got the Sombra cream but haven't used it yet.

Granni, sooo many washers having problems. I don't know whether I'd call a repairman if something were to go wrong with mine. I've had the set of front loaders a long time. They were expensive and so are new ones to replace them. Repairs are expensive too so it's a conundrum. If I wash something heavy like towels, it often doesn't spin out the water and I have to run another spin cycle but I think that's fairly common. Also, fabric softener dispenser doesn't work so I have to do the sheets in the dryer. DD is having problems with gunk sticking to the top of the drum in her top loader. That's one reason I like the front loader. I didn't get a new battery for my old phone because it wasn't worth the price of repairing it and other DSIL was having problems with the charger in the receptacle in the phone itself. His old phone was the same age and model as mine. Mine started having the same problem so I'm glad I got a new one. At this age, I'm just trying to keep things going for the duration. I hope the docs can find out what is causing your problems and help you.

Sposda start raining before too long and rain all day. I'd really like to go out to find a gift for Claudia and I want to stop at Costco for coffee that is on sale. It's so cheap as it is but, on sale, it's a great deal. I don't buy much there but I love the coffee. Oh well, if this is the worst thing I have to deal with...

Hope all y'all have a wonderful start to another week.

Love, Mikie

Last edited:

Granniluvsu

Good Morning dear Porchies,

I am foggier than usual this morning. Got up late after falling into a deeper sleep later than I should have probably. Can't do any wash since I did some at DD's yesterday and will probably wait till tomorrow or the next day. I will try and conserve my clothing Will be out out to our couples lunch at a place we have never been so that is interesting. Not sure wht all they will have but we will see, probably a lot of the usual.

The guy that is contracting from AHS called and said he would be ere on Thursday to check it out. Hoping he can fix it and not have to wait till to get a part from this OLD machine. DH checked and it is 16 years old which even a Maytag is pretty good, I think. If the part is expensive we might have to go with a new machine which is so expensive nowadays. When we shopped at Conns years ago it was the last of the top loading off white kinds and they had a bargain on the mate to it in the driers so we bought it..

MIKIE - Do you have a top or side loader washer? It seems like that is almost all they have now. DD has that in the house she bought. Likes it OK till the door hinge broke . Moe later on.

Love to awl, have to leave now or get ready to go,
Granni :)

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Called and finally got a live person who was helpful but not friendly at the County Clerk's office. Found out they do not give out titles to real estate. I never got a copy of the deed at closing so I will go downtown to get a copy. That and the letter from the bank that the lien (mortgage) has been paid off is what proves I own the condo. It will cost $3 to get the copies. Guess I can afford that. When I hung up, the woman called me, 'My dear,' in that superior older voice usually reserved by MIL's. I have a very young sounding voice on the phone; I'm probably older than she. Oh well, if it makes her feel superior and I got the info I needed, what the heck!

Granni, my W&D is Bosch brand and they are front loaders. Bosch is a good brand. I don't ever want to go back to a top loader washer. I know there are some who don't like them but, after top loaders all my life, I love them. Both have stainless steel tubs so there is no rust problem. They take longer to wash but are energy and water savers. I got the last set in any Lowe's store in the state so they gave me the best deal ever. They were on sale at a good discount and they gave me another 10 percent because they were floor models. They also threw in the pedestals. That was an $800 add on for free. They are about 12 years old so I'll likely have to replace them at some date. My DD prefers her top loaders but she is having a problem with residue building up inside at the top of the washer. They were expensive. You can pay as much for top-of-the-line top loaders as for front loaders. Hope you enjoy your lunch.

Just got a text from DD. She is sad that DGS is off to his first day of HS. I think it's because she remembers how much trouble she got into when she got to HS. DSIL's parents are there so told her to say hi to them for me. They are nice people. They live in TX.

Talked to Joe. Wants me to let him know when we will go out for lunch. I'm in a bit of a champagne brain tizzy today, as Barry says, so didn't want to commit right now. I'm plowing through things I've put off cause I don't want to deal with them. It's hard to do that kind of stuff with a bubbly pea brain. I have enough food so that I needn't go to Publix right away and coffee so that I needn't go to Costco right away either. I need to check to see whether I have hair color on hand. If not, there's always my Joan Rivers root powder. I'm an old Girl Scout so I always try to be prepared. I also always have a Plan B. Because champagne brain is common to us, I think being organized and prepared is vital to functioning. I don't know how older people function in today's world unless they have tried to keep up with everything over the years. Traveling is a nightmare for a functioning person; it would seem impossible for anyone else. It's physically and mentally demanding.

OK, Kiddies, gonna get going again. Hope everydobby is doing fine.

Love, Mikie

sunflowergirl

I'm feeling better today than yesterday so I've taken a little walk already. My neighbor across the street emailed me that a card table she had (I posted on a site that I needed one) was only warped on the corners, so I went across to see it. I can clean it up and use good old gorilla glue and my clamps to fix it. Then she also gave me a 6' table she didn't need anymore. Yea....so I'm all set for our art show the week after Labor Day. We all needed to round up the tables, easels, etc we might need.

Her garage looks like a hoarder lives there. Eeegads......you can't even walk into it. she was supposed to have a person deep clean her house prior to her getting knee surgery. She used to foster kittens.....her house smells awful! She has 8 cats. I was telling her she needs to just order a dumpster from the city and start working their way thru the garage. 3/4 of the stuff was trash. Gave her more suggestions and volunteered to help her move out books and VCR tapes to a local charity that still sells them. She was interested in that.

Granni: Is your washer off center? That could be the reason your washer has stopped. A lot of times mine will do that and I have to rearrange towels or whatever. I have a top loader maytag. My DD has had at least THREE front loaders and they've broken so now she has a top loader. And they would take forever to do a load. And once it has water, it's locked so you can't open until all finished. She also said the tub isn't as big as a top loader.....i kept telling her that but I think she chose them because they were pretty colors! The problem I've found with this newer maytag I have is that it says "gentle" but it's not.....it just agitates the same but will stop then start hard agitating again. So gentle things I have to soak in the washer then hand wash. But with the top load dial you get pretty much control what you want the washer to do.

Yes, hitting HS is harder on the parents than the kids!

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Stopped in but DD called. She was headed out to the community college because they messed up her registration and she couldn't get through on the phone. She wants to take a computer class for her decorating business. She said other DD and DSIL are doing OK with his broken ankle. I was worried about that. Glad she called. A Mom never stops worrying about her kids.

It has been a really crappy day with off and on rain again. Guess I should be happy for the moisture but it isn't so good for the mindset. Joe was carping about it too. I ordered my free stuff from my ins. plan but didn't order the food scale. They reduce the benefit $33 for a scale I can buy on Amazon for $15. So, I got skin cream and new brush heads for my power toothbrush. I sent for my prescriptions and ordered some things from PH. I needed some probiotics. I wrote out a check to DSIL for the Lyft to the airport. He didn't want me to pay him so he may not cash the check but I wanted to send it.

Sun, so glad you found not only one table but two. It's nice to have such great neighbors. That's gross about the cats and smell. Poor lady does sound like a hoarder. Just the normal accumulation of possessions in a house is a back breaker to weed out. DD worked trying to help her sister's MIL clean out her place. It's really hard for people to part with their things. I just cleaned out some camisoles that are no longer comfortable. Not sure they ever were but they have lain in my armoire in the bedroom forever. Time to get rid of them. Front loaders do take forever to do loads, just like the new dishwashers but they are supposed to be much more energy efficient. As I said, not everyone likes the front loaders but I love mine. If I turn mine off, the door will unlatch and it can be opened but I've never wanted to do that. With no agitator, there is less wear and tear on the clothes. Again, glad you found the tables and are feeling better.

I feel unsatisfied but don't know what I want. At least I got a lot of piddly little things taken care of. The biggest relief is that it should be easy to get the deed for the condo. Just a matter of going downtown. Maybe Claudia will go with me and we can eat down there. Supposed to be some nice little restaurants and art galleries. It's just kind of a pain to navigate the crowded streets. I found my hair color so will color it after I get home from the pool tomorrow if it isn't raining. At least, it keeps the heat down. Only 84 out right now. This has been the nicest summer I can remember.

Hope all y'all are enjoying your summer too.

Love, Mikie

Reactions: bct

Granniluvsu

MIKIE - It is only 84 today. That is downright cold for what we have had lately. It was 100 degrees I believe when we came home from the store after we had gone to lunch. The lunch was very nice. It was in a nearby country club and everything was very nice. Prices not bad considering, I didn't know what to eat and decided to eat fairly healthy so had some delicious chicken and veggie soup which was really delicious but not enough of it. Then I had had a big cobb salad with the kitchen sink in it, figuratlively speaking I ate almost everything but I do not like my lettuce soggy and they had put most of the dressing on the bottom or that is where it settled. So I left some of the bacon and greens. I forgot to tell them dressing on the side. It was a big bowl of salad. There was a bunch of us and so it took all of us some time to get everyone served. I got my soup before almost everyone and then when I was done had t wait some time while everyone else get served before I got my salad. The food was delicious but not unlike a lot of restaurant and cooked out food, was very salty. DH had some chili ( a small bowl) and a Reuben sandwich.

Glad you are enjoying your summer. Mine has not been very exciting, not going anywhere except to doctors , dentists and such. At least I get to go out some with friends and family. DH goes to the dentist soon and I go next MOnday. He goes to the dr Wed. for a check up. And the list goes on as you know. Blah humbug !! However, it could be worse.

SUN - I don't think the washer is off balance and everything works except for the awful horrible noise it makes, when it is adgitating that sounds like something is caught in the drum. I can tell how it is when it is off kilter.. That happens when I have very little in or a bunch of towels etc are off kilter and the whole machine moves around and sometimes blocks the door to and from the garage. Thx for the possibility but don't think that is it. I was afraid to let it work any more was afraid it would get completely ruined. Who knows with a 16 year old machine even if it is a a Maytag. Glad you got a couple of tables from that sale. I love sales but haven't gone to to many of them lately.. Little by little e are trying to get rid of stuff we have, even if little things and clothes we do not wear any more but it hard sometimes to get rid of stuff esp when you don;t have loads of 4 to replace if needed, esp clothes for me and I don't need that much. I know I need get rid of some of them. . DH is the getting rid of stuff person and I have to really be ready to throw something away :)!! Luckily though I am not close to being a hoarder yet. Thank God !!

DH was complaining that something may be wrong with one of the a/c units as it was not throwing out cold air the way it should, I hope it is just being overworked and that it gets better soon I am almost cold in the computer room.

Gotta run and so a few more thing on the computer . Hugz to everydobby inc those not mentioned.

Love to awl,
Granni :)

springwater

Huff! Its getting hot again. DD n me went out the other day with my friend and her DS for lunch and we sat out on the balcony under umbrellas but it was still hot. i did what i usually do and stuck to safe ole soup (turkish lentil) but it was a bit spicy. The kids are non veg so they had salmon and basa fish (a gamble because we are a landlocked country) and fish is imported but they said it was good.

it was very nice except when we were talking about school days and my friend whose son is much younger than my DD, complained of how she confiscated a risque message from a girl on his phone when he was 18. and dealt with it by confronting the girl.

i told about the time i caught a message inadvertently from a classmate when DD was16 which i thought was risque, a joke, and wrote to her Pr8ncipal about it. Turns out DD wasnt aware because Principal Madam didnt tell her about my letter and she got really angry at the lunch and froze me out for a couple of minutes which made my friend and her DS extremely unc9mfortable. They valiantly tried to salvage the situation by blabbering nonstop. while i sat there with a woebegone expression.

then the DS of friend suggested we all go get a coffee or ice cream downstairs and my DD regained her c9mposure during the walk downand started talking normally again. Ack!

later at home when we shared about the incident with my DS, he remembered it clearly, (i forgot what the message was), turns out it was one of those slangswhich could be interpreted in different ways andthats why the Principal preferred not to talkto DD but spoke to the boy who chose not to tell her about my letter to Principal. Anyways, he was a very wordly wise 17 year old and i preferred 5hem not to spend hours talking on phone. even tho she said he was helping her with Opt. Math. That kid was really really bright, got into Wharton School for Business in Penn. on full scholarship for hisundergrad, and later on Harvard but he was very stubborn, and according to the Principal, he was a little coarse being an only child. Well, i know other only kids, theyre not coarse.

anyways, lot of water passed 7nder the bridge since 5hen. He is working somewhere US and DD and he met up for a catch up lunch with other school mates when he was here last , so no bad blood.

At home, its catch up time for chores. Lotsa cleaning backlog.

Granni - hope your W. M. rights itself. i remember 5he banging clanking noises in ours when i was at our MILs place and hadnt moved here. It was distressing. They also had a mouse problem with mice cutting the open wires 8n that ancient W.M.

i had to look up salad with kitchen sink in it. Couldnt for 5he life of me think what 5hat was. Heh heh.

Barry - to answer your question, Kathmanduites dont like cats because they have 5his belief that a cat crossing 5he road 8n frontof you brings bad luck. For us of Tibetan origin, its 5he opposite. We love cats and black cats are auspicious. i never personally experienced bad luck after a cat crossed my path and i 5hink kitties are the most cute 5hings on earth. Right up there with pups.

Sun - i love 5he lookof 5he Raggedy Ann dolls. You are so clever with your hands to be able to sew such beautiful stuff.

I can understand how the cat lady kept collecting more n more kitties. Cat pee and poo is such a big turn off though. im glad you got a card table to use.

Mikie - good to know your family back in Co. is doing good. Yes. Parents are always worrying over their kids. Recently i discovered a nice scrub, plant based. However, we dont have nice moisturisers here. used to use one from India but they discontinued it. i like really light moisturisers. Every cosmetic here is gearedtowards gaining a fairer skin. White this white that. i sometimes wonder what already very fair people use here.

Rock - i looked up Mary Duff. What a voice. What spirit! i like her legs too. i dont find them too skinny. Thank you for posting about her. i m going to listen to a lot of her songs. yay!

The co puter became all ornery so ive been in and out severaltimes edi5ing where i could.

God bless

Last edited:

Mikie

Good Tuesday Morning, Dear Porchies,

Woke today all stuffed up with a headache. AACCKK!! I did find a box of hair color in my linen closet (I keep everything in there except linens) so will color my hair today. Claudia said she didn't think the weather would be good for going to the pool this morning. My weather app no longer shows weather by the hour for more than a day so couldn't tell last night but it does show rain this morning. Think I'll see whether Joe wants to go to lunch on Fri. I'll ask Claudia to go next week. I'm trying to get caught up on lunches owed, doctor appts. and other miscellaneous things I need to do. After my Thurs. appt. with the GI doc, I'll make one for my derma doc. DD has to make an appt. with her eye doc because melanoma can come back in the retina. I should have asked other DD whether she is seeing an eye doc for that. Don't know where the melanoma came from that affected both DD's because no one we know on either side had it.

DD called yesterday and was sad about DGS's first day of HS. DSIL's parents are there. DD had inadvertently turned on the oven where DSIL had some bread proofing. It melted the plastic wrap that was covering the bread dough. He was yelling the F word and didn't know his parents, who are rather prim, were in the family room. They both went outside. DD and I were laughing so hard about it. I feel for his parents but it was so funny the way DD told it. I'm sure they think their son was pure before he married into our family. Just for the record, he wasn't. They are really nice people and I love them. Told DD to tell them hi for me.

Granni, I love a really good salad but don't think I could pass up the bacon. Bacon should be its own food group on the chart. Seems all I do is go to doc appts. Get sick of it. We will only be in the high 80's or low 90's this week. I know that's hot but it could be so much worser. I am tired of paying for restaurant food that is mediocre at best. Seems the more I pay, the worse the food. The last good meal I had was the burger at the golf club in CO. Hope you can get your washing machine fixed. DD once had a washer that was a Fisher and Pinkel. Supposed to be good machines but the thing sounded like some kind of farm machinery when it ran. Don't know what I'd get if I had to replace mine. Stay cool, dear one.

Spring, your lunch sounds so nice until...oops, awkward! That kind of stuff happens. Glad the principal splained about the lad's being coarse because he was an only child. That splains why I'm so coarse. Could splain why DGS is so coarse. Only children are often smart and that could be why the boy got a scholarship to Wharton and went on to Harvard. I used to be smart before these conditions got hold of my poor pea brain. Tests have shown that most of us lose IQ points after getting sick. I have to use skin cream because the Sjogren's affects the oil glands and my skin is sooo dry. The kind I have to use is thick. I also like a lighter weight cream or lotion. We really white/pale people are always lying in the sun to darken our skin or we use lotions that darken it. Being white is sooo over rated. I'd love to have nice creamy brown skin. We always want what we don't have. I'm laughing about your remark regarding the kind of salad with the kitchen sink in it. I tried to tap my brain to figure it out but all it did was make me feel drained.

OK, Kids, need to go read the virtual newspaper. I hope there is some good news but I'm not holding my breath. Have a great day, everydobby.

Love, Mikie

sunflowergirl

Spring:. Love the video. Never heard of her but she's got a sweet voice and is pretty to look at too....wish I had legs like that! Seeing all the white haired people in the audience I'm wondering if she was visiting Branson, Missouri? LOVE the comment at lunch about your DD and her friend she was talking to, and the ensuring letter to the principal. So your DD can apply the 'frost" also like my DD. I always always always have to walk on egg shells around her, actually everyone has to. I've mentioned before she's overly sensitive and NEVER EVER laughs. Life is too short not to laugh daily, even if it's at yourself.

Mikie: And I can just imagine all the "f" ing going on about the melted plastic over the the bread. So his parents got an earful from their pure son! LOL.

Woke this morning not feeling good....stomach ache and feeling run over by a truck. i have my last chemo today in a few hours so hope I start to feel better. It's an hr drive there and then back, and they told me they were squeezing me in but that i might have a long wait so be prepared. *&^%$#@

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Got back from the pool and made a sandwich for myself. When I wake early, I have to have an early lunch. I'm almost always through eating by three in the afternoon. The pool was sooo wonderful. It's sunny and bright out, a welcome change from our rainy Sunday and Monday. The water was cooler due to so much cold rain that fell. I like it cooler rather than like a warm bath. Barb is still on her trip but Claudia joined me and we had a great time just walking and talking. I tried to trot but my legs and back are too sore from the trip to start in with that. It was just what I needed to start the day.

Got an email from Amazon with a bunch of novels written by best selling authors. They are only $1.99 to download to the Kindle so got four. I find as the news worsens, I want to lose myself in fiction. I'm reading one right now about the South leading up to the Civil war. A couple of the new ones I bought are supposed to be funny. I'm always ready to laugh.

Sun, well, you got your daily laugh imagining my DSIL 'F' ing all over the place. Even he was laughing when he realized how funny the whole thing was. Probably wouldn't have been so bad except he had worked all week perfecting the bread recipe. I can just see him in my mind's eye and it makes me laugh all over again. It's sad your DD doesn't laugh. Don't know how our family would survive without it to keep us going through the good times and the tragic ones. Even at my Dad's wake, my uncle had us had us crying from laughing so hard. Who says the Germans are a dour people. The Irish side is just as funny. I pray all goes well with the chemo and that you don't have to wait. Hope this is the last of it. Hang in there.

I'm so tired but feel so good mentally from the pool. Think I'll rest a bit and only color my hair if I feel like it. There is no hurry; I can do it tomorrow. I don't know how Claudia can stand to have her days crammed with activities but I think it's how she copes with the difficulty of her Mom's dementia. My legs and hips are aching so will bid y'all adieu.

Love, Mikie

Update: Colored and trimmed my hair and it came out so great. Glad I did it. Sunshine is gone and it's dark and gonna rain. Older DD called. She's off two weeks before her final semester so she can help DSIL, driving him where he needs to go. They are just now starting to feel as though they aren't fried. She got an A on her final so she will have an A for everything. I'm so relieved and happy for them. They don't realize how well they did under emergency circumstances and I have to remind them that they were amazing. They feel bad that I had to take a Lyft to the airport. Good grief! I got there on time and it all worked out well. Now, I just miss my kids and DD said she's been missing me since I left. That is the only downside to living here. Oh to win the lottery and fly first class back and forth.

Last edited:

Mikie

Good Wednesday Morning, Kids,

Nothing much to tell. Just wanted to post that it's Wednesday as I think it helps us to keep track of where we are. Too easy to lose track, at least, for me. Jeopardy is in reruns as are some other shows. This is the time of year when there is precious little to watch on TV. Thank God for PBS. SV has been watching some animal shows but even he seems a bit bored. Texted with my pals, Claudia and Nancy, last night. Sooo nice to have a phone that keeps charged and doesn't run out of juice so easily.

Hope all y'all have a great day.

Love, Mikie

sunflowergirl

Mikie:. if you're like me just getting my hair colored or cut (I've always done it myself) boosts the way I feel. And I remember when I cut my boys hair they seemed to behave so much better too!!!! LOL. They're lucky at times I just didn't yank them into the bathroom to cut their hair more than they needed it!!! (Because of their behavior). I look back and wish I had spent more quality time with them and the heck with trying to be a super mom, spreading myself so thin.

I'm lucky I live only less than 2 miles from our local libary so I'm able to stop in often and check out DVDs. Other than PBS I'm not a TV watcher. I used to love when all the new programs would begin in the fall. Now I can't even tell you what's on regular TV.

I had my 3rd and last chemo for awhile yesterday. As usual I was up all night long with trips to the bathroom and pain. I see my doc in October and if there is no cancer showing, I will again have 3 rounds of it. Praying for that because i don't want the hospital visit again.

Star: How are things going with the family? Better?

springwater

Such a hot day.

i went out on an errand. and then came home and crashed. Good thing is the laundry got done and dried. Sometimes i have to dry them inside on stands or hangers. also didnt cook since i passed by a little place which sells very good aloo parathas (potato stuffed bread). Even the doggies got a paratha each for lunch.

i
also hosed down the hall downstairs. it was really overdue. ive lookedup DIY sprays to eliminate odour. With the dogs running around and their wet fur it smells bad. some of the sprays have essential oil and vinegar or acv. baking soda etc. i found a couple of bottles of essential oils i had bought but stored away and forgotten about.

Mikie - my grey roots are showing again. Growing older sucks. i was thrilled when i didnt have to buy sanitary napkins any more. But now this. A necessary but irritating monthly chore.

Thats great your DD got As for her exam. Looks like she inherited your brains. Lucky girl.

Sun - my DD is prickly about criticism but she is blunt herself so realises she has to also know how to receive critical remarks. Im glad she took Pranic Healing, it teaches one virtues of how to conduct oneself so she tries to adhere to the teachings. One is to manage anger.

My friend and her DS love when she joins us for lunch because she has a terrific sense of humour and keeps everyone in splits. But yes, her views and mine clash often. We kind of end up agreeing to disagree. She is very. much her daddys girl, that way.

It will be so good when the chemo and all is over.

Last edited:

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

I had ordered my free stuff from my ins. plan day before yesterday and it just arrived. That's as fast as Amazon. Claudia loves getting her free stuff. We get a $60 credit at retail every quarter. United HealthCare is very savvy and owns the Medline Co. that provides the stuff. They also own Optum Rx which sends my meds through mail order. So, while they provide good benefits, it probably costs them less than half of the retail value of the stuff and the meds. Still, it's a good deal for me. Now, I'm just waiting for my supps from PH and my meds from Optum.

I'm having a really lazy day today. No git up 'n go. It's ok to have days like that. I can always use the rest. Nothing pressing going on, just the way I like it.

Sun, when can you stop the treatments altogether? I hope and pray it's working. Sorry about being up all night and in pain. I spent a lot of time with my girls when they were little and growing up but was way too fussy about keeping the house clean. I think we all have regrets about how we raised our kids when we get older. Most of us were very young when we married and started families. Hope you can rest too and feel better.

Spring, you are so sweet to share with the doggies. I was undecided about coloring my hair because I have that powder for my roots. That stretches the time I can go between colorings. I'm glad I colored it; it had faded out so much. It looks so much brighter now and that brightens my outlook. I think the sanitary products cost more than the hair color in the long run. Don't miss the monthly curse. Do miss my youthful body. Don't miss dating. Do miss my energy. Also miss my quick mind. Getting old is a tradeoff and a time for just trying to hold the line. Love, faith, family and good friends help. Hope you can find something to help with the wet doggie odor. We have some sprays here but they are not ideal.

Gonna go back to my busy life of doing nothing. There are people out there who work so hard at just trying to make ends meet and I'm sure they would envy my leisure. I do count my blessings and all y'all are among my many blessings.

Love, Mikie

sunflowergirl

Spring:. My DD also is very quick to drop underhanded comments to me. They hurt but I'm learning to just let them go by me and consider the source. She is also like her dad....a PA. Lucky you that your DD has a great sense of humor though.

Honestly, everytime you mention some type of food you've had it reminds me I need to go to the Nepalese restaurant and order some. They are expensive I thought but I do like to try new foods.

I walked out early to the front this morning...I love to check my garden.....and before I knew it I was yanking things up and moving succulents even before I had something to eat. I love the style lately....a kind of patchwork look, closely planted so all you see from a distance is varigated color. So I'll be back later. It's supposed to the hottest day of the week and I need to get busy before the sun comes over the house to the front.

Mikie: I see you posted....about the chemo.....never. I did without anything and ended up with 3 surgeries to remove the cancer cells. I heard yesterday that the strong chemo BCG is starting to be available but at this point is only given to the stage 4 patients. If what I'm getting continues to work then I guess that's what I'll be getting.

rockgor

Hello, Fellow Porchers, It's gonna be hot here for the next week at least. Wonder if Mikie would
lend me her pool. Just watched the news. Traffic is jammed up worse than usual. In one case a big truck can't be moved until the coroner arrives.

I am reading a book titled "The Cowboy and the Senorita". There was also a movie by that name
staring the King of the Cowboys and the Queen of the West. You got it. Roy and Dale. I've
read various bios by and about them over the years. Learned a few new bits. When Roy went to
work for Republic pictures around 1941 he was paid $75 a week. Dale, who wrote songs including
"Happy Trails" had a hit tune in the top 40s. Dale's first husband was named Robert Butts. They
apparently had a great relationship at first, but eventually a large crack developed in their
relationship.

For years I went to the movies every Friday night when I was a kid. I think about 90% of the
time we watched a double feature: two cowboys movies. The best ones were Roy or Gene.
Gordon and I went to Roy's home/museum in Apple Valley (East of LA) many decades ago. It's
in the desert.

It was a great museum. Trigger and Buttermilk were there. Also Nellybelle from the TV show.
One fellow tourist said he had brought his kids here several years earlier. Roy had been home.
Had come out and talked to them. Friendly as Mr. Rogers.

Granni, good luck with the washer. I read you can still buy Maytag washers, but they are not the
same as the ones years ago that lasted for decades. They are made by numerous companies and
have the name, but just ain't the same. Hope your doc can come up with some effective meds.

Sun, we used to have a card table. Used it to play cards. Now it is always up; a permanent table
in the computer room. When I was a kid my mother had a card table with the Trylon and the
Perisphere from the World's Fair shown on the top. The advertising for the table showed 4 or 5 men
standing on it. This was to prove how sturdy it was. My mother let my brother and me use it
as a club house, etc. So we climbed on it, etc. In a month it was on its last legs. My mother
thought the table did not perform as promised. She didn't blame us kids at all.

Barry, we still have oodles of tomatoes. Drop by on your way to a medical appointment, and we
will give you as many oodles as we have on hand. I'm sure you could concoct an elegant
and exotic meal with them.

Driving around LA Gordon and I often see men with "man buns" referring to their hair and
not their buns. We think they look ridiculous. I'm sure they think they look cool. You'd
probably look good in a turban.

Well, Gordon's been busy writing up instructions for me to use the new computer. It's getting

somewhat less frustrating, but still is a problem now and then. (The crazy comupter put that tiny
somewhat in there. Wasn't I.) Gonna go lie down.

Hugs All, Rock

sunflowergirl

Rock: You're right....that cardtable was no match for small boys climbing on it. When my DGDs come over I usually make a tent for them, using a large sheet, pinned to various dining room chairs. They love it. OK, I would make one for my DGS, who is now 16 and I have to admit I crawled in too and it was very cool to "hide out".

I've got all 4 corners of this AWFULLY dirty cardtable glued. Thanks to Gorilla glue. Today I have to tackle cleaning the filthy top, probably using Mr. Clean and then following with some peppermint oil spray. I walked into my garage yesterday morning, where the 4' table was residing after being cleaned up.....eeeeewww....smelled from cat pee. I told you my neighbor has 8 cats hiding in her house. Only been standing at the open door of her house but that was enough. So getting back to the 4'table, I then doused it with peppermint oil in some water. This morning no smell.

OK....call me crazy, but I do like a "man bun". I think longish hair on men is sexy looking, but not past their collar unless it's in a bun. I also like looking at tattoos people have. My male nurse who takes care of me has one arm covered and a few on the other. i had asked yesterday when he was going to get Yoda....he told me about it a few months ago. Anyway he said saturday, and it will take 4 hrs. I asked if he goes ouch ouch ouch....said at first he did but now he's used to it. And apparently down the road he's going to get a tattoo of Edgar Allen Poe around his shoulder/neck. I honestly don't like to see people covered totally with them though.

Saturday my DGS had to share this video from Jimmy Kimmell, and his tattooed friend visiting the Olive Garden. I don't like this guy's TATToOS.....notice his neck! Anyway, I thought this video was very funny. The DGKs and I like the Olive Garden, my DD doesn't so one day I'm going to take just them. We laugh a lot together and I've mentioned my DD doesn't.

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Just got outta the tub a while ago and rubbed on the new skin care goo from my ins. co. It's for just about anything and the main ingredient is petrolatum. It's like petroleum jelly but much softer and not as dense. Goes on very smooothly. Don't think I'd use it often but it should help my dry skin. Downstairs neighbor called when I was soaking. I called her back and she said they will be here on Sunday. I'll go down and turn things on ahead of time. Hope the weather is better while they are here. They will be painting their new kitchen and are anxious to see it.

Sun, if the chemo keeps the cancer at bay, I guess it's good to keep going with it. Just hate to think of your having to keep going in for it but the alternative is worse. It's just too hot 'n humid here to do yard work or I'd be out there getting rid of weeds and cutting things back. It truly is a jungle down here. I'm glad I never got tats. The way my bod is sagging, they would just be black blobs. AACCKK! Saw DD's scar on the calf of her leg from the melanoma. She had to have two surgeries and they removed a lot of tissue, including muscle, to be sure they got completely clear margins. I found out the melanoma can come back in the retina of the eye. I pray neither DD ever has it recur. I haven't seen the other DD's scar on her side but they did her surgery much earlier. We should have cures for cancer by now but I'm optimistic we will one of these days. There's a lot of progress by researchers.

Rock, y'all are welcome in my pool anytime but the weather has sucked so haven't been in 'cept once since I returned from my trip. My Mom had the same card table and she was so impressed with the pic of those big men standing on it. Mom always wanted the best. Of course, we didn't stand on ours and we had it for years and years. When I was a little kid, we went to the movies every Saturday, double feature Westerns. Somewhere, I had a pic of myself wearing shorts and my cowgirl hat and my six shooters. We took that stuff seriously. I also like man buns and ponytails on some men. My atty. for disability was an old hippy and he had a short ponytail he wore at the nape of his neck. I think Maytag and Amana are the same thing and neither is what they used to be but then, what is? Even the new expensive appliances are only made to last about 10 years. We are gonna have to stop our wasteful ways. At least, they now recycle old appliances. Throw on you trunks and c'mon over for a dip in the pool.

Hope all y'all are having a great day.

Love, Mikie

• Love

Granniluvsu

Good afternoon awl,

Not much time to write it has been so busy and tomorrow will also be one but I get to go out with DD and 2 dear friends. We have been trying to get together for some time and something always happened. Then one gal came up with the idea that her DH and the DH of one of the older ladies who hates to leave her husband who has been having more and more physical problems , would go to the mens lunch here tomorrow and stay with him. We will go to lunch locally but I have no idea where but it won;t be to far away or to expensive :)!! It will be a nice afternoon.

Meanwhile DH will be home waiting for the washing machine guy. We have been looking around and we have pretty much made the decision , unless they can fix it cheaply right way we will go out and get a new set. We saw some good ones at Conns at good prices and also Home Depot but think we will go with Conns. I did see some of the darker stainless steel but none of the lighter one as they would be more expensive I am sure. They also had white and black. HD had mostly white and some stainless of the more expensive variety. Ours are on borrowed time since they are both 16 years old..

Gotta run and cook something for dinner and get ready for church. Nice to see so many peeps on the PORCH. I can;t do to much wash till I really need to and then have to run to DD's to do it.. Thank God for that even though it is a pain.

Love you all,
Granni

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Just ordered my food scale from Amazon. My insurance co. wanted to debit my credit acct. $33 for one. Of course, it's still free to me but I can put that credit to better use. I got the one on Amazon for less than $12. It weighs in grams as well as pounds and ounces so, if I ever make a recipe that uses grams for measuring, I can use it. Chances are slim but might as well have it. I've wanted to start the veggie fast/diet plan to reduce inflammation and now, I can weigh to make sure I keep it under 500 calories. I'll have stuff arriving almost every day. Was surprised to get my supplies from the ins. co. in one day.

Granni, so glad you are going to finally get your lunch. Joe and I are going out on Fri. I'm hungry for meat--a steak, ribs or a hamburger. I'd also settle for some Italian food. He's Italian so he likes that too. Hope you can get your washing machine fixed or, at least, find out what is wrong so you can make a decision. Don't think I'd even call if something goes wrong with mine. Don't want to pay the service call for nothing. At the age of my machine, I don't think it's worth fixing. I'd be afraid that, if I did fix it, something else would just go wrong. Hope it just keeps spinning along. Enjoy your lunch!

Hope all y'all have a lovely evening.

Love, Mikie