PORCH 1149 IS NOW CLOSED (8/15/19) | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

PORCH 1149 IS NOW CLOSED (8/15/19)

ProHealth CBD Store

Mikie

golden-puppy-with-kittens.jpg

Good Thursday Morning, Kids,

Time for a new Porch. Decided we could use something with a big cute factor to look at. Nothing sweeter than baby animals. Sylvester and Tweety weren't cute when they first showed up in the hood. They were starving and skinny as a rail. It took a while for them to fill out. Tweety had wounds from protecting them. They certainly made up for it by becoming beautiful cats. Every day I look at SV and feel so blessed. He likes to drape his arm and paw over things just like the little yellow kitty in the pic.

The clouds are beautiful this morning, turning all sorts of colors as the sun rises. I only saw the bottom of the full moon last night as it slipped behind the clouds overhead. Nancy said the Perseid Meteor Shower was on display last night but it was too cloudy to see it from here.

I had ordered some Airborne packs from my ins. co. with my free stuff. Just looked and it contains magnesium stearate so will be giving them away. There have to be other people who are sensitive to it. It's in so many pills and capsules. I sincerely hope it's not used in prenatal supps. Hate to think what it might do to the developing brain of a fetus that is sensitive to it. All the side effects I've had are neurological.

I'll check back in later. Hope all y'all have a wonderful day.

Love, Mikie

Last edited:

sunflowergirl

Mikie: Cute picture, but do you really think all those little ones just sat there posing while their picture was taken. Possibly the puppy but little kittens are always moving and never just sitting still. I think it's a photoshopped pic. But i found that little puppy over the top adorable. By the way, I saw Savannah last week and she's looking so much better and moving better since they had her LONG front nails clipped. I think she was afraid of slipping and that's why she was walking so slow. They've been giving her lots more baths and grooming to get rid of those awful scabs all over her fur. The vet said it was just old age? She had all kinds of tests done recently and the vet said everything looks good, well except for a lot of the fatty tumors and the one on her eyelid.

I'm up with a headache so made some coffee rather than reaching for tylenol right away. So I'm been perusing the internet, checking out my favorite decorating blogs. I came across a link to chalk paint and have been reading up on it. I've thought for quite a while about doing something with a "married" secretary that was my moms. I've got it in one bedroom, filled with little stuff and linens and read that with chalk paint you don't have to sand or do any underpainting. Turns out there's a shop fairly close to me that carries it so I might take a run over there.

I'll be back later. Gonna try to sleep more.

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Talked to DOF. He is doing well. Some friends and family will be visiting him this weekend. His DDIL is so good to him. She's a very nice person. He always tells me he loves me and I tell him the same. He was my oldest and closest friend in the hood before he had to move to Chicago to live near his kids and be in assisted living. I'm just glad he likes it there.

Sun, it really doesn't matter to me whether pet pics are Photoshopped or not. I just enjoy seeing them and reminding myself that there are still beautiful blessings in the world. So easy to get depressed and cynical with everything that's going on. Five days away with no news and being with family was great. SV really helps to keep me balanced. Just got through combing the long fine white fur on his undercarriage. He's sooo beautiful. Claudia enjoyed talking to him and having him talk back. Her cats don't converse with her.

Thanks for posting the website for the paint. I enjoyed looking at all the inspiration pics. One of the nicest painted pieces I've seen is in the house where Joe and I stayed after the hurricane. It was a little chest of drawers. The drawer pulls had been removed and rope handles were installed. Little bas-relief shells and sea critters were affixed in the center of each drawer front. The whole thing was painted a nice blue. Sooo apropos in a FL condo. One of the inspiration pics I liked was of a wardrobe painted orange with white spots and a blue interior. Would be great for a kid's room. I have an armoire in the front office of the condo and that paint would be great for it. Hope your headache improves.

I'm not doing anything this morning. I have to see the doc and stop at Publix so I'll need my strength. Can't deal with doc's office if I'm all wrung out. Then, I wouldn't want to stop for groceries and I need to. Hope all y'all are having a great day.

Love, Mikie

Reactions: bct

Granniluvsu

Dear Ones,

Waiting until it is time for me to leave for our lunch. DD will come over here and our friend will pick up the older friend and then we will get picked up. Not sure where we are going yet but it will be nice just to get out with some ladies I love so we can chat.

MIKIE - How old is your machine that you said you wouldn't bother getting fixed? We do have American Home Shield so maybe it is not as expensive for them to come out and check the problem. Ours is 16 years old but not sure I want to get it fixed either depending on the price and time it will take to try and find the part, or whatever, We will see this afternoon when he comes. If he can fix it immediately and it wont take to much more $ and time we might get it fixed. Otherwise e go with something new. Was surprised at Home Depot they had quite a few older ones including Maytag brand. However this time looking for maybe the stainless or the darker . I think that one might have been the much darker stainless. The only regular stainless was the much larger and or expensive models. Surprisingly both Conns and HD stores had mostly top loaders unless you wanted really big and or more expensive. The agitators are now much different without the big tall thing on it which makes for a lot more room. Now in my old machine it is very hard to do anything large like quilts , etc.

Yes, it is best not to do to much if possible before doc appts. Good luck with your appt. Thx for thata cute pcture of those kitties and pups. They are adorable.

SUN - You are right about kitties. They are always on the move, like my DD's although they are getting older and do sleep more or rest ( when THEY feel like it and esp one does not want to be confined in any way. Cats are very independent creatures.

JULIE - Hope all is well with you and get a chance to rest some in between all your chores.

Thinking of everydobby! Have a few things I need to do before leaving.

Love to awl,
Granni :)

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Just got outta the tub so am waiting just a bit to dress, put on makeup and brush my hair. Had a nice relaxing morning so I'll have the NRG to do what I need to do today. It's raining out so will be taking the bumbershoot.

Granni, I sure hope you have a good time at lunch. I'm looking forward to lunch with Joe tomorrow. My machines are at least 12 years old and possibly as old as yours. I haven't checked. I do know that 12 years is considered the time to replace instead of repair today. I don't have a protection plan but my kids like the one you have. I don't think they used to be good but have gotten better now. I should check into it. My machines are silver in color but not glossy like the new ones. Again, enjoy your lunch.

Love, Mikie

rockgor

Hi Kids

Just watched a documentary about Hermes Pan, choreographer and dancer at MGM. He worked a lot with Fred
Astaire. Sometimes danced in the movies as well.

Another nice photo, Mikie. I remember when the senior partner came back from Hawaii with lots of pics. So folks
were looking at them. One of the secretaries picked up a photo of a spectacular sunset, held it up and said, "Gee.
This would make a great picture."

Dunno where Gordon is. I don't hear him in the house, and I can't see him in the garden. Gee, this would make a
great mystery. Is today Thursday? If it is, he has an orchid meeting tonight.

Sun, never heard of chalk paint. Probably be suitable for a boat. First you could calk it, and then you could chalk it.
You sure keep up on all the new developments in the worlds of decoration and art. What do you think the orange thing
is on the left side of the pic? A cat's tail? A snake? Something from a bakery?

Granni, I think there's a song about "Ladies Who Lunch". I'd look it up, but then I'd lose my post. Shopping for an
appliance isn't really too much fun. About oh, maybe 10-15 years ago we went to Best Buy. We needed a new
washer. They sure had lots of appliances for sale. Didn't seem to have any clerks in that dept. however. Anyhoo I was flabbergasted by the prices. Many were over a thousand bucks. And there was something that was $2,000 Lots of colors too. Many in a dark red. Good luck hunting.

Thanks for opening up, Mikie. Hope your errands don't wear you out. The tub for the kitties reminds me of the
ones we had at home when I was a kid. Mother would fill one up for us kids to use as a "swimming pool". Not
much of a pool. One little kid filled it up. And the water was cold. And she would take pictures. The same boring
pictures. Over and over. Kinda like the computer news. Pics of the same boring people everyday. I don't care
what the Kardashians or the Royal family are doing.

Oh, Gordon just showed up. Good thing since I had no idea how to get the CD out of the new computer.

Hugs to Spring Water, Julie, Star, GB, Barry, and anydobby I overlooked like a four leaf clover.
Rock

Last edited:

bct

Back again!

Busy day y-day: dentist for a "deep cleaning" of one quadrant of my mouth. Got three more to go to! And now the fillings can begin... as for the crowns, I may just get those teeth extracted 'cause crowns are too bloody expensive!

Dish washers,, clothes washers, we don't have any of those. No AC either. I wash the dishes usually; keeps my hands clean. Also hand wash undies, etc., and hang 'em on the line. It's just fine.

Mikie, such a cute picture of the pup and kittens. Photo-shopped? Looks real to me, and the JOY is there. What colour is your bumbershoot? Black? I don't know why they are so often black! I have a lovely white and black one, but red or yellow would suit me just fine. Maybe I'll ask Rico to get me one for my birthday, which is later this month. Can you hear me roar?;)

Sun, how awful to wake up each time with a headache! Do you know the cause of it? On the good front, I'm happy to hear that Savannah is feeling better. I'd like it if Lenny didn't object to having me trim his nails. I clip a nail, and he nips at me. Tit for tat, I guess!:rolleyes:
You sure must have a lot of Aeoniums! Are they all the same kind, or do you have different species? Do you have A. tabuliforme? It is one of my favourites, but alas, have no more. I couldn't keep up with our rare plant nursery after starting to get ill in '94. I just have a few remnants left : Uncarinia, Calibanus, Adenium, Lophophora (peyote), etc., etc.

Rock, I'm glad you found Gordon. Or did he find you? So it's orchid day again. I hope Gordon wins/buys something he really wants. I bet he'd like a ghost orchid from the horrid Florida swamps.:cool:

I'm so upset about the rolling back of so many environmental protections, and endangered species to. Absolutely appalling.:eek::mad:

Granni, enjoy your get together. I'm sure you will! Nothing like chatting with friends -- usually. ENJOY!

I'm worn out from y-day and every day before that. Oh to be healthy again. I've ridden on elephants and camels, I've hiked Death Valley, and traveled a lot. Oh that those days were had; memories, dreams, reflections.....

Love to All,
Barry

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Did see the doc for a very quick visit and then a woman in the office scheduled my colonoscopy for next mo. She was being trained so it took some time. Some of the women, but by no means all of them, seem to have few skills and would likely not have an easy time finding a job. I'm so glad the docs' offices are training them. Those are good jobs. There is a shortage of skilled medical office help. They are very nice in the office like the ones in my PCP's office.

My food scale came from Amazon. Alexa let me know it had come. She also reminded me of my appointment just in case my pea brain forgot. It's also on my watch. I need redundant reminders. I thank her so she knows that I got the reminder. She says, "You're welcome. I hope you day is going well so far." She says, "OK," when I ask her to turn on the light. Evidently when Claudia did it, it freaked her out. Guess she wasn't expecting Alexa to speak. I got extra veggies so I can do a day of fast/diet. It won't be tomorrow because of my lunch date with Joe. I like the food scale.

Rock, glad Gordon showed up. Instead of Where's Waldo, it's Where's Gordon. Funny about the secretary. I'm sure she meant an enlargement to frame and hang on the wall. I took a great pic in San Pedro of the boats and had it enlarged and framed. I left it at the house when I moved out. Don't know what happened to it. Our front doors are metal wrapped around a wood core. They once painted them with marine paint and two of us got sinus infections from the fumes. I think they still sell the candy apple red washers and dryers and also in a metallic blue. They were kind of a fad. I get silver/stainless appliances. Don't go out of style. OK, I admit I like to know what the Royals are doing as well as the Real Houswives of Beverly Hills but I draw the line at the Kardashians. I do have my standards. It's not as though my life has great purpose but living as they do would drive me batty. I am truly free and limited only by my NRG and the law. Hope you have a good evening and hope Gordon enjoys the meeting.

Barry, I'm so sorry you are going through the deep cleaning. I've had it done. Doesn't feel great but it's so good for not getting horrible gum disease. I have various colors of bumbershoots. I took the beige one I keep in the car. I have several green ones and a black one. Used to have a red one with Kliban Cats all around the edge. I also have a golf umbrella with stripes. We use them a lot during the rainy season. I'm not superstitious and leave mine open to dry on the carpet in the little middle sitting room. SV thinks I leave it for him to sleep under. Our Florida swamps probably seem horrid to a lot of people but the Everglades is a unique environmental area. Lots of flora and fauna, including birds. The pictures taken there are beautiful. Some are eerie looking but many are beautiful. We love our gators down here too. Just not close up and personal. The ghost orchid was thought to be extinct but the big one is alive and well and I think there are more than just the one.

I am alarmed by the gutting of the protections for endangered species but I would imagine there will be lawsuits to put a halt to it. This won't last forever so just hang in there. Same with the gutting of the clean air and water laws. Just saw on PBS news that ash left over from burning coal at energy plants has polluted ground water and people are getting sick with cancers. It will cost the co. a billion dollars to clean it up and that's just one coal burning plant. Pollution is expensive in monetary and health terms. Our work, and that of future generations is cut out for us. As I said, hang in there and, in the meantime, enjoy the beauty around you as I enjoy the beauty around me, especially those beautiful gators. :cool:

OK, Kids, I've had nothing to eat since breakfast. Just haven't been hungry. Doc wants me to take something like Metamucil to help with the IBS. I'll stop at Costco and pick up their fiber gummies. I need to make a coffee run there anyway. Also need to stop at Target to pick up the bottle of super duper laxative for the procedure. AACCKK!! Oh well, a cleanse is always good. On that note, I'll bid all y'all adieu. Have a lovely evening one and all, including our MIA's.

Love, Mikie

• Love

sunflowergirl

Barry: Sorry for the dental work.....I'm dental phobic so it's hard to force myself to a dentist, though I think next week might be the time.

Here's a link to the aonium I have. I have 2 large bags of them out on the driveway and the woman who wanted them still hasn't showed up. I emailed her and said come monday they will go in the trash. It boggles the mind that plants are free but few takers. At Lowe's these would be around $3.95 each for one rosette. Photoshopped means a kitty has been taken from another picture and added to another one....all done on the computer.

Mikie: Good luck on that fast. Something I ABSOLUTELY couldn't do. I need a steady supply of food, especially protein otherwise I get really shaky. I've been like that since I was a kid. I'm having some cold gazpacho I made last night. I'll bet that would be OK since it's just tomatoes, green peppers, onion, celery and parsley along with seasonings. You could make some in your little machine....forgot the name.....but I use my food processor to make a larger batch. And everyday it gets even better.

Rock: I had always thought chalk paint was for making a blackboard. But turns out it's a matte finish paint where you don't have to sand or prep something ahead of time. Around in so. Calif. It's quite popular to refo old pieces of furniture. And....I'm not really a fan of anything orange although yesterday I bought a large old Bauer pottery platter in perfect condition at the thrift store, marked down to $7.99. Wow.....i snapped that up thinking it was $15.99 and then when I went to pay ....1/2 price. I won't bother to sell it though. They aren't rare even though they're from the late 30s. And no one would want to pay the shipping since it's heavy.

I also bought a silver plated ice bucket with a neat lid that opens when you lift a lever, that had been engraved with the name of a private country club in N.H. And the date of 1953 when it was awarded. I didn't need an ice bucket and it's heavy so.....I ended up putting it on my coffee table to hold my DGSs favorite butterscotch candies. But who knows, I might throw a party sometime and need one! HA

My family is all coming over on saturday so the kids can play in the pool. I MUST have mac n cheese, and will probably have some sliced roast beef for sandwiches, but I was thinking of letting the older ones learn to make a grilled cheese sandwich. They had mentioned the other day the FEW things they could cook so if they're willing I might give them some lessons. I have a griddle on the cooktop so it's safe that they won't get burned.

Just got back from several stores, searching for a strapless.....almost impossible to find *&^%$#@. I have several dresses that are cut waaaay in. I even went to the fabric store looking for something to use to sew into an old bra. &^%$#@! But while at the fabric store found some fabric for a table cloth for the yucky cardtable which I cannot get cleaned. Forgot about 2 other tables so will have to return today for more fabric.

springwater

koootchiekootchiekutukkootookkwamuaaaah:p

my reaction to Mikies pic of those two kittoos and one sweetoo.:D

sweetoo is how my DD addresses our youngest dog, when he is playing on his own, a white fur baby, when he is lying down all sprawled out and playing with his own forepaws. She is especially attached to him because she found him on the streets abandoned by his owner at a busy tourist square.

we are very sure the mum gave birth and the owners couldnt get people to adopt the pup. He must have been watching when DD took him up and asked the crowd who s pup it was and no one came forward. He was meant to be with us because when one of our old fur babies died, we decided we were gonna adopt a rescue not buy a pedigree.

My DH was hankering after one of those expensive breed dogs, a German Shepherd or Alaskan huskie. But they take a lot of looking after, and there are so many street dogs wandering around.

After DD two years ago, brought in a little mongrel pup whose mum got run over near her office and he became this macho, lean, mean handsome machine from 5he cowering flea covered antisocial pup, she is also keen to adopt strays. Rather 5han buy pedigrees.

But this white pup turned out to be a Jap spitz, we knew he was because we have one already and the pup kept trying to snuggle upto our dog thinking thisis his mum. Big dog snapped at him. He still hasnt accepted it isnt his mum. He still wags his tail hard and licks bigger dog all over the face making whining noises. and ‘mum’ still snaps at him. Pup is a pup no more. He is a big rambunctious boy.

We got our rescue and DH got his pedigree dog. Thats why i think he was meant to be with us. He fulfilled both desires.

I think you all were discussing man buns. i like them. Here is a sample.3ADB0770-2CA5-4B15-8C11-08175E003313.jpeg3ADB0770-2CA5-4B15-8C11-08175E003313.jpeg

Rock - how was Gordons orchid meeting? is there any kind of orchid species he doesnt know about? Does he discover new ones still? Orchids are a treasure trove arent they? So wondrous in their variety, appearance. i feel they are otherwordly flowers. Wordly for me being petunias, daisies, marigolds, geraniums. But i love them all equally.

Sun - how nice your DGks are coming over and you have planned a cook out. cheese grilled s/w sounds yum! Niceto get an update on Savannah. How is Nala doing?

Granni - very touching to hear about your groups wife of a person who has to be taken care of and she decided to join the mens lunch. i hope your wash8ng machine problem gets solved soon.

uh oh..i think someone has come downstairs....

will be back laterz

God bless

Last edited:

sunflowergirl

Spring: Sweet story of the little pup your DD rescued. And I've heard that quite a lot of the dogs in "show business" are found at the shelters. I think Eddie, the little dog from the TV program Frazier was a rescue dog. I think you mean Skylar, my SIL and DDs other dog. She's settled down a bit, is housebroken, but still jumps.....naughty. My DD is bringing her over on saturday rather than leaving her in the cage. I'm hoping the little ones will be OK. They did see her a few months ago, were scared at first but got used to her.

rockgor

Hi Kids

This machine is acting up. Can't even find Wikipedia. I'm going to leave this here a while. See if the machine gets a little more friendly.

Mikie

Good Friday Morning, Kids,

Up early but still got seven hours of sleep. Looking forward to lunch with Joe today. Hope he's up for a steak, burger or ribs. I think the Outback would be a good choice. They have grilled salmon too. Their baked sweet potatoes are wonderful. Maybe I'll have waiter take a pic of us to send to Barb. The Outback used to be our favorite place to have lunch. Her DD got a smart phone for her so she can see pics. Goodbye old flip phone.

I used that petroleum based cream from my ins. co. It worked sooo well. I remember my doc's telling us to spread Crisco on our hands and wear gloves to bed during Colorado's dry winters. Some people used petroleum jelly. My whole body is dry, especially my legs. Would look better with a bit of a tan. Need to get out in the sun. The Vitamin D3 from the sun would help my osteoporosis too. I actually do get some from when I'm at the pool but it's been too rainy to go. Target called to say my laxative is in so I need to pick it up. I was driving but took the call on my watch. It was a robo call so no need to do anything except listen. Cops are cracking down on texting while driving and they will stop someone just talking on the phone if they seem distracted. I don't usually use my phone when driving.

Sun, aren't those plants what we called, Hen and Chicks, in the old days? They spread like crazy. Our ferns are out of control downstairs. That's one of the first things I'll tackle as soon as it cools off. I like orange as an accent and loved that armoire in the Inspiration part of the website on chalk paint. Valspar makes a paint called, Cabinet Rescue, and it can be tinted any color. Lowe's will be tinting a can of it black for me to repaint one of my vanities. I use it all the time and it's gotten scratched up. The one in the guest bath is still fine. Idiot developer used construction glue to affix the vanities to the walls, along with screws and nails. Doh!!! Didn't want to tear up the walls to replace the vanities. This paint needs no prep either but I did lightly sand the surfaces. I used little cabinet rollers to apply the paint and the vanities look for all the world as though they were black to begin with. I can usually do one day of not eating so I think I'll be able to do the diet/fast. I think a person could eat an egg if desperate for protein. I think the whole idea is to get rid of carbs to reduce the inflammation. My legs have been so inflamed lately. I'll be doing a liquid fast next month to prep for the colonoscopy. BTW, love the Sombra cream. Thanks for the heads up.

Spring, did you do anything in honor of the full moon? I think of you when we have one. Just wish I had been able to see it. We are supposed to get a bit of a break this weekend from the daylong rains. Instead of 'Rainy Season,' I think we should call it 'Monsoon Season.' All of FL is low lying but some hoods are especially so and they flood. Township south of me is considering buying some of those flooded homes and turning it into a greenbelt or park. Love the stories about your doggies. Can you post some pics? Animals never forget who saved them. Imagine just waiting for a kind soul to come along to love you and take care of you when you are abandoned. Breaks my heart when I think of it. SV and Tweety have never forgotten Jeff; they love him so much. Wish he would visit SV but it's probably hard for him. That man with the man bun is absolutely adorable. There was one on Survivor. He was sooo handsome and, when his hair was down, he looked like pics of Jesus. Take care, Dear One.

Rock, I hope the computer decides to cooperate so you can drop back in. I guess it did work well enough for you to drop in to tell us it wasn't working. I'm confusiated but then, that seems to be my normal state of mind. Woke in the middle of the night wondering whether I had remembered to take the instructions for the colonoscopy with me from the doc's office. I couldn't remember taking them. Got up and checked and they were in my purse. I was stressed out yesterday seeing the doc. I wasn't feeling that well and was a bit shaky. The visit went well and was short but it took a while for the women in the office to get it all set up. Hurry up 'n wait. I felt caged in the little examining room until one came to get me. I paced and did some stretching. Come back soon...

SV was out enjoying the cool morning air. Now he's lying on his stomach on the area rug, looking like a long river barge...large barge. I just had two tiny mini muffins Claudia left off for me out on the balcony yesterday. She usually doesn't stop because she's always on her way to doing something else. Wish she were more settled but I know now it's how she handles stress. Hope all y'all have a stress-free day. And a pain-free day filled with joy.

Love, Mikie

• Love

rockgor

Hi Kids

The puter was acting in a provocative way so I went back to bed and starting reading a bio of Anne Bancroft. She was married to Mel
Brooks. When interviewers asked her why, she always gave the same answer. "Because he makes me laugh." I can only think of 3 movies
I saw her in, but there might have been more.

My brother called last night. Gordon talked to him before I did. Gordon says his mind is not fully restored. He was asking again
about how many strokes did he have. (3) Also wanted to know how we found out he was in the hospital. Gordon already explained
that to him also. (His friend in Chicago called us.) I told my brother that I had been listening to old songs on YouTube a lot lately.
He wanted to know if I had heard Sonny James sing a song called "Tripping On (Some word that sounds like Lincola.). A search of
the internet reveals no such song.

Mikie, SV sounds like a wise old cat. He can enjoy the weather no matter if it's hot, cool or raining. We should all be so lucky. I was
having trouble with the computer cause it wouldn't cooperate in getting me to the board. No problem once I finally got here.
In Calif. just talking on a phone while driving is sufficient to get a ticket for driving while distracted. Nevertheless once can see scads
of people talking on their phones while driving. With regard to dry skin, maybe some enterprising operator of a tanning spa will
start a similar business where you are gently thrown into a bathtub full of skin cream.

Springwater, I saw that guy with the man bun earlier. I was thinking about posting some really bad pictures of guys with man buns.
Decided it would be too controversial. Think you can talk DH into getting one? RE: orchids, I have read several times there are about
30,000 species of orchids. But the folks who create hybirds are constantly creating new plants. Stop by the next time you're in LA
for a tour of Gordon's garden.

He went to an orchid meeting last night. I was napping when he left. I found his note saying he had left early and would be back half an
hour later than usual. Nevertheless he came home and the regular time and demanded to know why the back porch light wasn't on
for him. (He wasn't really annoyed. Just kidding. So I gently explained it was his only damn fault for leaving a misleading message.)
This illustrates how we get along so well. (38 years; never a serious dispute.)

Anyhoo his spectacular Vanda with ten large purple flowers won a culture award. A smaller orchid with multicolored blooms (red, orange,
yellow, tan) won a third prize.

Sun, one of the greatest dogs in show biz was Rin Tin Tin who was found on a battle field during WWI. At least that is the legend. His movies
kept Warner Bros. going in the early days of silents.

OK Kids, time to say So Long for today. Tune in tomorrow to see all your old pals and Goober, your favorite peanut.
Rock

Last edited:

Mikie

Hi, Rock,

Not a big fan of shaved sides of heads but this is otherwise a nice looking man. Are you considering the man bun for yourself? I bet you would look dashing with any do.

Mel Brooks and Anne Brancroft were best friends with my DSIL's aunt and uncle. My DD first met her when visiting his aunt at their home. They were out sunning by the pool and AB had her leg bent just like the promo pic for The Graduate. Everyone seems to have loved them both. It may seem like a strange match but I never underestimate the value of a good sense of humor and a man who makes people laugh.

Yikes! It's raining hard and the wind is blowing. Not exactly good weather to go out in. Hope it tapers off before we leave for lunch. Evidently, there are storms offshore and the winds aloft are steering them our way. Little pond out back is over its banks but it will run off into the drainage ditch out by the main road. It's probably up over its banks too. County was out dredging it before our rainy season. Conditions will not be good for hurricane formation in the Atlantic for the next week or so but that could change.

Casper Mattress Co. is running even more ads with adorable critters. They know how to grab my attention. Hope you have a great day and a computer that is cooperating.

Love, Mikie

Update: Home again, home again, stuffed to the gills. We ended up at the Bahama Breeze. Joe likes to eat light and he had a salad and coconut shrimp appetizer. I got a burger 'n beer but couldn't eat it all. Brought half of the burger home with me. It's a nice place and we enjoyed it. It's always good to get out with friends. This restaurant is always packed but we got a booth away from the maddening crowd so I could hear him OK.

Last edited:

Mikie

Oops, Rock, I see you were back again sometime before I stopped in to add to my post. Do you have to know how Gordon will arrive so you can decide to turn on two lights if by land and one if by sea? Land sakes alive, I sea he arrived safely home regardless. The memory loss from strokes will often take time to get better. My MIL had several strokes and she kept asking the same things over and over, often within minutes. Her memory eventually got back to normal. I don't like doing anything with the phone because I know how easily people can get distracted while driving. Nothing is that important. Joe liked the looks of my new phone and was thinking the size would be just right. It's a Goldilocks Phone--not too big, not too little--just right! Maybe he will get a smart phone now. It would help him a lot on the board. I took a pic of him and texted it to his son.

Yes, I'm into skin cream big time now so I don't resemble our beloved gators. I got some CBD cream from PH. It just arrived in the mail today. I've had so much inflammation and it has made my shins and thighs/hips so painful. The Sombra is a good general pain reliever but sometimes, one needs to call in the big guns--CBD. It's terrific for reducing inflammation and pain fast. News says that there is going to be a shortage of hemp because the CBD is so popular for anxiety and pain relief. It has helped my anxiety but I have some leftover Klonopin I can use for that so will concentrate on pain relief.

Yes, SV is a cat for all seasons. He knew something was up before I left and he curled up next to me on the sofa. The more I go out and come back, the more secure he will be that I'm not leaving for days on end. Glad the computer is cooperating again.

Love, Mikie

Granniluvsu

Another quick shout out to my dear Porchies !!

SPRING - I guess I did not make my long sentence understood very well. The older lady came with us ladies to have lunch and chat and her husband who has many physical challenges went with one of the other husbands who went to the men's lunch. She did not go to the men's lunch. Only occasionally do they invite us or visa versa. We all had a good time, at least the ladies did.

When we got home from the lunch the technician had not come yet ti check our relic of a washing machine. It was really funny when he came though he took one look at our washer and said "they don't make washers like this any more" and proceeded to go on about it. He was not a really old guy, looked fairly young but had apparently been working at his trade for some time, He said they do not make anything to last anymore just hurry go out and buy another one. He checked everything and really couldn't find anything but just tightened up a bunch of stuff. He also said it looks like these machines have been taken care of or not misused. Well, I do do a lot of wash in them although not half as much as I did when kids were all at home.

Gotta get off now back later.

Love ya,
Granni

sunflowergirl

Granni: So you mean the tech found nothing? And he started it up and no noise???? Strange.

Rock: Had to do a search for "ladies who lunch"....here's a version by Carol Burnett. Apparently it's about alcoholic women who get together to drink. I'm wondering if it's from a musical?

Mikie: Glad you like the sombra. I'm slathered with it today along with some CBD cream. Got awful pain in a shoulder and arm. I'm sure it's from the contortions I have to go thru right after the chemo infusion to move everything around in the bladder *&^%$#@

I'm going to check on the chalk paint, specifically black. I did my wood kitchen table years ago, made an awful mess and then had to do a lot of sanding to take the stickiness out of it. It looks awful so I keep it covered with a table cloth. But it would be nice to have a black table that looks good. This old table was old to begin with when we bought it from a yard sale over 50 years ago. It's seen a lot of crafts, meals, abuse, but it's a nice size for my kitchen area and where can you get a solid wood anything anymore.

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Just woke from a deep nap. All of a sudden I felt sooo tired and lay down. That's all she wrote! Must have needed it.

Granni, how strange that the service man did not find anything wrong. Well, it's good you don't have to buy a new machine just yet. That old one may go on and on and on. I don't do a lot of washing for just me and I try not to do very large loads unless I have to like when I wash the quilt on the bed. I'd be happy if this one were to go on for years to come. Glad you enjoyed the ladies' lunch. Eating out is such a treat but expensive.

Sun, sorry your shoulders are so painful. Mine still hurt from hauling my luggage around the airport even if it does have wheels. My legs and hips are sore too from climbing the kids' stairs in their homes. I can't go over to the pool because it's raining all the time. The water will take a day just to warm up enough to be able to get in comfortably. Sposda lighten up this weekend. Hope so. The Cabinet Rescue goes on sooo smoothly and the finished surface looks just like new. My table is about as old as yours. It's thick butcher block with a treadle. The top is natural but the treadle is a slatey country blue that matches the Windsor chairs. The top needs to be sanded and have a new clear coat applied but I keep a table cloth on it and don't worry about it. It's a more narrow table and it fits well in here. Feel better.

There's no Jeopardy tonight because of a preseason football game. Think I'll probably go to bed earlier than usual. I'll read until I fall into a deep sleep. Who knew doing nothing could be so exhausting. Hope all y'all are winding up the week feeling weller.

Love, Mikie

Mikie

Good Saturday Morning, Kids,

Holy cow! Last night I started to feel as though I'd been hit by a Mac truck. Took me back to when I first got sick with FMS. I used the Sombra cream on my arms and legs and went to bed. I also took 600 mgs. of ibuprophen. Feel better this morning. It started in the afternoon when I thought I'd fall down if I didn't lie down. That was my deep nap that I mentioned earlier. I just had a cup of coffee. I want to do the diet/fast today but can't get going without my coffee. Caffeine is supposed to suppress inflammation so it should be OK. Also had a glass of V-8 Juice. That's only 45 calories. I think it's gonna be difficult to get to 500 calories on just veggies.

I need to stop at Target today to pick up the laxative for the colonoscopy prep and to get some paper products. I'm running out of toilet paper. Will certainly need plenty of that next month. I'm looking forward to that lovely deep restful sleep from the anesthesia. I don't look forward to the prep and procedure but the sleep is the silver lining. My DD and I always joke that we can find the silver lining in almost anything. If I don't run outta NRG, I'm gonna stop in to Costco for coffee. It's across the street from Target. Everything is very handy from my hood.

NBC is sponsoring a nationwide 'Clear The Shelters day' today where participating shelters are offering adoptions for free. Sooo much need for homeless cats, dogs and other critters to get their furever homes. I hope it's a great success. SV jumped up on the sofa and curled up next to me while I watched the news. He's been needing lotsa extra love since I got home. There is nothing I love more than feeling him next to me in the early morning peace. It's one of the times when I feel so blessed.

This is the first time in days that the entire sky isn't overcast. It's partly cloudy but we aren't sposda get rain this morning and only isolated showers this afternoon. Lotsa flooding in the area. Paper showed pics of cows wading in it. Also story about a woman living in an expensive home in an area beset by vultures. They are defecating and vomiting all over, including inside her screened-in pool area where they tore through the screen. They got into a fight and there was also blood everywhere. Seems a stupid woman next door feeds the wildlife, including the vultures. Vultures often sit on top of Joe's roof but they haven't been a problem. They look my way and it makes me wonder whether they know something I don't.

Gonna go read the virtual newspaper. Hope all y'all have a great start to the weekend.

Love, Mikie