PORCH 1150 IS NOW CLOSED (8/19/19) | Page 2 | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

PORCH 1150 IS NOW CLOSED (8/19/19)

ProHealth CBD Store

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Just had a nice soak and applied Vana's Cream to my old dried up bod. Been feeling a bit nauseated and tired but otherwise OK.

Rock, I look at CBT as a way to stop the symptoms by recognizing the triggers/responses as soon as they start; however, the best way to heal our emotional ills is to find the origins, often traumas in childhood. I think when we quiet the brain, we allow those things to rise to our consciousness, things we probably buried long ago because they were so painful. Now, as adults, we are no longer at the mercy of others and are in better positions to deal with them. I've been so fortunate to have therapy available as I have tried to negotiate the path of adulthood. Didn't know you were a psyche major. I'll bet it has helped you in everything you've done. Well, everything 'cept to tame the wild computer.

Gonna go get dressed. Glad I have nothing pressing to do today.

Love, Mikie

Update: I tend to put things off and it depresses me when things pile up. Sooo, I just made appts. for my lab work and my skin check with the derm. I also called and asked about putting off SV's checkup until Dec. because he had blood work done then when he was sick. They are so nice and switched the date til Dec. I will be having my colonoscopy and eye check as well in the next two months. Nothing like getting it all over with at once. Oh well, than it will be done until next year, five years for the colonoscopy.

Watching a rerun of The View. One of the women said she got a Roomba and it had become a member of the family. I had to laugh at that. I get it. Went down and brought up all the supplies I bought yesterday, the paper stuff and coffee. I refilled my little bin for the K-cups. Still have to put the paper stuff away. Got rid of some outdated meds/supps. Nothing big but every little bit helps. Gonna load my appts. into my phone calendar and highlight them on my little calendar. Even with the one on the phone, I still have to keep a paper one or I miss stuff. The paper one holds a lot of other info. Tomorrow, I'll tackle some financial stuff, personal and for our assn.

Last edited:

springwater

Mikie - i used the same process to upload pics in this computer before and they would take. its some gremlin. i suppose it will right itself in time.

I think youre right. Finding 5he source of the problem and naming it is probably the best way to heal emotional problems. Ive looked up CBT, EFT etc online. its good to know there are a variety of ways to deal with underlying issues.

Rock - dont know what a gyroscope is. In India in the north schools used to start new session in February March. it was funny looking at everyone and seeing 5hem grown couple of inches taller. Most of the boarders were Anglo Indians from Calcutta. and others from other states. They all left for their homes in groups under the care of a teacher usually 5 hour road trip and then boarding the train and reaching next day.

Granni - i suppose you will perform occasionally? im sure you will miss it.

Barry - i hope your toothache is gone soon. Happy you could look in. is it hot there these days?

Nothing much to tell. It was a hot day but its raining a little now.

Last edited:

sunflowergirl

Mikie: I'm pretty sure I suffer from GAD, generalized anxiety disorder. If I'm not careful I can also catastrophize any situation. My SIL claims my DD does it also, she said she learned it from me. I've read about EFT....but honestly don't see how tapping on your face will do anything.

Probably suffered from anxiety from the time I was a young teenager. And probably comes from an insecure childhood. My brother and I basically grew up on our own. My mom escaped daily into her book, and only came out of it to rapidly clean up the house or cook dinner. Sometime she would even be reading while stirring something at the stove. My dad lived away from home while I was a teenager and came home on weekends but he was always busy with work. I honestly don't ever remember having a conversation with him. My dad was a carpenter in younger years and worked his way up to superintendent of a construction site for houses. Soooo much stress, that's what killed him with a heart attack at age 56. My mom unloaded on me about HER childhood. I was her sounding board. I know that's why I got married, to escape her. But then I went from the frying pan into the fire.

I find that to keep always busy it helps when anxiety starts to happen. That's why I push myself daily doing something. Keep my mind on something other than me. Yesterday I tackled the kitchen table. Got a one coat furniture paint from Lowes. Only trouble is late last night I see I overlooked some big blobs &^%$#@! So this morning I tried to remove them, then will have to wait maybe a week to let it dry really good then tackle that area and maybe do a repaint.

I took my Honda Pilot to the local dealer and got a ride back in their shuttle. Right now I'm waiting for them to call and tell me it's all finished then they will pick me up and take me back.

Last edited:

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Just stopping in one last time. Lots of spammers here today. I am in pain all over and am having a difficult time breathing. This may be a virus and I hope it is short lived. At least, I got a few things done earlier. It's really beautiful out today--no rain for a change. Beautiful cumulus clouds to the East. Long shadows across the lawn and a rainbow in the fountain. I try never to get used to such beauty around me and am always thankful for it. BTW, I made my own appt. at the lab online. It gave me one of those little square QR codes to scan on my phone. I can use it to check in at my appt. kinda like the boarding passes on my phone. OK, the nerd in me is liking this stuff.

Spring, from my time in therapy and my own reading and searching, I've figured out that there are a lot of ways to heal. One isn't necessarily better than the others and sometimes, it depends on what is happening with the individual. I think our culture and beliefs also play into it. I like what you do because it seems to me to be rooted in spirit. Wayne Dyer and Deepak Chopra have had wonderful books and programs on PBS. They have helped so many. Both are/were very spiritual men. It was so sad when Wayne Dyer died. At least, his programs and books survive him. Gyroscopes are spinning devices that can provide stability and/or detect orientation. The watch has the ability to detect whether I'm standing or lying down. Other sensors know whether I'm walking or otherwise moving. Sometimes, it's a bit spooky. It's hot here too but I've been in all afternoon. Was out for a bit this morning.

Spring, I think back in the day, everyone got married too young and brought their baggage to the marriage and rearing children before they had a chance to work it out for themselves. I think people did the best they could but they were suffering from their own stuff passed down by their parents. I did laugh one time when I saw a sign at a friend's house. It read, 'Insanity is hereditary; you get it from your kids.' My kids drove me nuts but I probably drove them nuts too. I have days when I just feel generally anxious. I keep my mind busy by reading or watching TV--I distract myself. If I try to do physical work around here when I'm like that, I usually end up injuring myself. Then I swear and get angry and then I feel guilty. Better to read or watch TV. The appts. that had stacked up were making me feel anxious so I bit the bullet and made the appts. Just want to get it over with. I don't like things hanging over my head. I'm sorry for all the problems when you were growing up. Also sorry the table painting project ran into problems. What kind of paint did you decide to use?

OK, Kiddies, I'm outta here. Won't be long before it's time to play Jeopardy. I got the FJ question last night so we got our virtual chocolate. My pain is all over or I would have used one of the creams I have for pain. I took two Extra Strength Acetaminophen. Wish now I had taken an opiate instead but didn't know it was gonna get so bad. Glad I already brushed my teeth because I feel as though even that will be too much. Whine, whine, whine! Thank you all for listening to my tale of woe. It really does help to vent. Have a wonderful evening.

Love, Mikie

Reactions: bct

sunflowergirl

mikie; With all over pain like that it's probably a bug you picked up. Tylenol I've found is best for that. The paint was a furniture paint $25 for a small can and she mixed it up the blackest she could get. It's by Valspar which I think is Lowe's brand of paint. This paint seemed to have dried good, right now I've using my Ipad over a plastic placemat. The problem with an old table with too much paint is it takes a bit of time to really dry good otherwise marks can be made. The placemat is working good. In about a week I'll use a little steel work and very fine sandpaper to feather it out then touch up just in those little area, then dry it again, then maybe another coat. I decided against the chalk paint because it needed a wax sealer and the $ would have mounted up.

My DGS just called with a strange request. He wanted to know if he bought an inexpensive pair of white sneakers if I could paint either Donald Duck on them or a logo of lightenbolts. I asked if Mom knew about this....nope. So I told him to send me a sketch of what he had in mind and in the meantime I could experiment painting on some canvas I have stored. I guess better expressing his individuality this way than to get a tattoo. Oh yes, didn't get to the party that his girlfriend's dad was having because he got the flu. God works in such mysterious ways!

rockgor

Hi Gang

Springwater, If you want to see a toy gyroscope, search for a picture of one. You can see them in action on YouTube. In some mysterious, scientific way that I don't understand they are useful in helping airplanes, rockets, etc. get to the right
place. Don't know, but I suspect the latter type are considerably bigger than the toy ones. Mikie probably can tell us.
And perhaps explain how they work. Don't know that we would understand it even then.

Mikie, our 10th grade science teacher, Mr. Randall explained why it's colder in the winter with a simple illustration.
He took a flashlight and focused it on the blackboard in front of him. Of course the light formed a round lighted area.
He then did the same thing, but shinning the light at an oblique angle. "The same amount of light is still coming
from the flashlight, but now the lighted area is much larger. Just as the sun's rays have to cover a larger area when
it's position relative to the Earth is changed." Totally in agreement with your explanation.

We went to a library in Atwater this afternoon. Got a bag full of books. I started reading one by Thomas Harris. He's
the guy what wrote about Hannibal Lector and Clarice some years back. It's set in your neighbor hood BTW. Mentions Biscane Bay and Publix right at the start. I Think it may be too violent for my liking.

Barry, hope your problematic tooth is soon out of your mouth and out of mind. I find such problems very irritating.
The isn't too much you can do about them. One of my uncles said earaches are worse. They are really impossible
to treat with home remedies. You are much too young to be a grumpy old man. You have to look like

Regards
Rock

Last edited:

Mikie

Good Thursday Morning, Kids,

Feeling a bit groggy this morning. I slept pretty well and long and think it could just be whatever bug I may have caught or been exposed to. Strangely, when the immune system gets riled up, it feels the same as though the bug took hold. That's why I don't get flu shots; they make me sick because my immune system goes into overdrive when it senses the flu strains injected. That isn't good when one has something that has the potential to attack vital organs in the bod when the immune system turns on oneself.

I got a message though Ancestry yesterday. Think I'm gonna have to rejoin so I can answer it. I kinda feel I owe it to my biological father's family. The message came from a son of one of my half-brothers. Evidently, one of them had his DNA done and got a hit on me. Because I don't think their father told them he was married before with a daughter, it must have come as a shock. He married their grandmother in 1944 or 1945 but told the kids they were married in 1941. I have no desire to get to know these people. It's not their fault their parents lied to them. I'm gonna tread lightly and only give minimal info to begin with. My biological father was not part of our lives from the time he got home from his service during WWII when I was an infant. What would really blow their minds is if they found out he was married before he and my Mom were married. Both of them lost their first spouses to death. Even more intriguing is that my Mom married their uncle when they were about my age now. What a tangled web we weave...

Sun, Valspar makes the Cabinet Rescue. I need to go to Lowe's and have it mixed up. The darkest black chip matches my vanity. I refinished my coffee table top a few years back and it could use it again. That table gets a lot of use. It just involved sanding, staining and putting on a clear coat. I'm saving these two projects for our nice winter weather. When I love a piece of wood furniture, I want to keep it. That's so cute that DGS wants you to decorate his sneakers. Hey, could be a whole new business for you. I still like the idea of rehabing doll houses. Yes, DGS was saved by the bell...er, rather the flu. Hope he isn't too sick. BTW just read that y'all are getting another wildlife overpass above the 101 about 30 miles north of LA for mountain lions and other critters to find food and mates so they don't get too interbred. It's mostly financed through private funding.

Rock, that teacher's explanation of the sun's indirect rays is excellent. The graphic I saw was so good too. PBS has had a series on the planets and our solar system. It is absolutely amazing how the deep space probes have sent back pics of planets, their moons and asteroids. I've always been fascinated by space and our own planet Earth. We don't have seasons like in other areas but it is cooler here in the wintertime when it's cold and snowing up North. I enjoy tracking the seasons by where the sun rises along the eastern horizon. I tried to find a simple explanation of how gyroscopes work and how they can be applied to all the tasks they perform in airplanes and other things. It is simply too much to try to post and isn't easy to understand, especially for my pea brain. The best I can do is to say that the spinning of the wheels in them overcomes gravity. That's what makes them so much fun to play with. Glad you got a bag full of books. I downloaded a book on ADD. I had seen a man on TV talking about this book and it made me realize that there's so much more to it than just the inability to focus. Our whole family has it to one degree or another. Just started the book but am already getting something out of it. Strangely, Fibromyalga was mentioned. Seems those with FMS often also suffer from ADD. I once saw Hannibal Lector in Publix. He was shopping for fava beans and a fine Chianti wine to go with something he was having for dinner. Yikes!

I hope everydobby has a wonderful day.

Love, Mikie

rockgor

Hi Kids

Here is today's puzzle for you. I am reading a book titled "Mary and Lou and Rhoda and Ted. What TV show is this book about?

Sunflower, Donald Duck or lightning bolts? I guess they kinda go together. A person should duck if there are lightning bolts around. Also cheaper than a tattoo. But then tattoos will last longer. Whenever there's a story or picture of some weird tattoo in the news, commentators always say, "Wait till he's 70. His skin will be all shriveled and wrinkled. That tattoo will look terrible." But with or without a tattoo that's how most of us end up, isn't it? I can't believe how bad my arm looks when I flex. The inside of my elbow looks like it died some years back. Well, Shoot! I can't remember how to get the rest of that sentence attached to the paragraph.

Oh yeah; that reminds me. Speaking of old people. Guess who's giving a concert here tonight. The Rolling Stones. 30 years ago or so Dave Barry wrote about seeing them in a concert. I think he said they moved so slowly they should have walkers with their instruments attached. The world's greatest rock band reduced to this.

Mikie, I know who was shopping for fava beans. I quit reading his book, and picked up the one about the Mary Tyler Moore show. According to the author it had a terrible time getting on the air. I'ts viewing time was schedule for something like 2 AM. But a new executive took over a few days before the new season started and he changed the schedule.

OK, efforts to correct sentences are thwarted. For every letter I type the computer erases a letter. Can't get far with that sort of arrangement.

Yesterday the computer told me there was no such entity on line as "Prohealth Message Board". Duh!

TaTa, Rock

Last edited by a moderator:

Mikie

Hey, Rock,

Sorry the gremlins are attacking your computer again. I went in and fixed the problem with lines off by themselves from the main paragraph. Every time I fixed one, another one got broken off. I'm thinking there are some 'returns' embedded from hitting the Enter key. Also fixed the size of the type so it all matches.

The reason I like 3/4 sleeves on my tops is because my upper arms are all saggy and wrinkled. AACCKK!! Old age sucks. On the other hand, Mick Jagger recently had heart valve surgery and he, and the rest of the Stones, are as lively as ever. I don't know how they do it. Was that executive by chance Grant Tinker? He was married to MTM at one time. That was before she married the plastic surgeon who, by all appearances, gave her a new face for their anniversaries. Hmmm, even Joan Rivers would like that snarky remark. Couldn't help myself. Because I got a face job, I feel it's OK to poke fun. Wish I could afford a little nip 'n tuck now.

Down here, we say, "When thunder roars, go indoors." Lightning can strike from 10 miles away. On an otherwise clear day, a little boy was struck and killed by a bolt from that far away.

Hope when you come back, the computer cooperates.

Love, Mikie

sunflowergirl

Rock:. Is this your new computer that is having all these problems? Does Gordon have the same problems when he uses it? What a royal pain when something isn't working when it's supposed to work. I took the lightning bolt logo down to the printer new me yesterday and had him shrink it down to 3 different sizes, hopefully to fit on the shoe. I want to get them painted today then I can show it to my DGS and let him decide what he wants. Told him to hold off on ordering the Vans shoes so I can see how the paint on the sample canvas I have works. And Mikie....no thanks on a shoe painting job. As it is I'll be terribly nervous I'll ruin his new shoes.

Mikie: 10 miles away???????

I took my Honda to the dealer yesterday, was told it would take about 1 1/2 hrs. So they sent me home in their shuttle rather than me sitting and waiting. Was told they would call when it was finished. So around 12:15 I got a call from the service dept who told me my name was being put on the list. And hr. Later I called....so where's the shuttle? He looked at the list and said the driver had tried to call and no answer. I got angry, said I had been walking around with the phone as I went thru the house....said that driver was LYING. It went from bad to worse after that. Almost 2 hrs. Later the driver showed up and I demanded to know what happened. Of course he wasn't going to admit he didn't call. So we sat in silence, the two of us, in the van as we drove back to the dealership and then I also lost my cool with the service guy. I was going to take this further and complain to the manager of the dealership but then thought the driver could lose his job. I hope he pays more attention to what he's supposed to do. 4 1/2 hours wasted!

I absolutely HATE sitting doing next to nothing. I think I've decided I'm not going to participate in that art show because I would have to take my turn at sitting there, waiting for someone to come in and maybe purchase something. It doesn't mean that much to me.

Mikie

Hi, Sun,

Sorry, that whole deal with the dealership driver sounds like a real pain. It was good of you not to complain about him. They will find out about him sooner or later if he does that all the time.

Yes, lightning can strike from 10 miles away. It isn't common but can happen. A lot of people get struck down here because they don't think there is danger when the sky above is blue. Any time one can hear thunder, there is danger of being struck. Golf courses are especially vulnerable.

Kids downstairs want me to come down at 4:30 for happy hour. I know they are being nice but I just want to get it over with. By afternoon, I'm beat. I can't drink that late in the day due to my hiatal hernia. She said no problem and that she has ginger ale. AACCKK!! I hate ginger ale. I'll take a bottle of Smart Water down with me. Back in the day, we had happy hour every day here in the hood. These kids are younger and I'm sure they enjoy it. I'm wondering whether they got the kitchen painted.

Sorry about the art show but I totally get it. I couldn't do it either. Hope your day improves over yesterday.

Love, Mikie

rockgor

Hi Kids

Mikie, Tusen Takk for your assistance. (Thousand thanks in Norwegian.) Gordon has no trouble with the evil computer.
Well, we all know life is unfair. Grant Tinker was mentioned in the book as Mary's ex. He apparently had nothing to
do with this situation though. Grant had a sister with the old fashioned name of Belle. Backwards her name was Tinker
Belle.

I never knew lightning could be so dangerous. I did have a friend in college who was hit by lighting. On a hot
summer night he was lying in bed listening to his radio. The lightning came through the open window and hit
the radio and him. He said it was about a year before he felt normal again. His reflexes seemed to be out of whack.
Apparently there was no permanent damage. The radio did not recover.

Sun, I agree. I hate sitting around waiting and doing nothing. That's why I always have a paperback or two in the
car for emergencies. People will be able to say, "Well, yes, he was eaten by a bear, but at least he wasn't bored
sitting around waiting for it to show up." In the modern world I expect almost everyone to be incompetent. They
seldom let me down. When Gordon bought his new car there was only one minor hitch. The man he had the
appointment with didn't come to work that day. So the guy in the next office subbed for him. No real problems.
The car BTW is still working beautifully. If I could still drive without getting lost, I'd buy one myself.

Barry, how's the teeth situation? Does Richard have a camera he takes on his trips to foreign lands. How about
posting a nice pic of the two of you with your menagerie in your laps? Wouldn't that be fun?!

Ha det bra (Norskie for "Have it good"). Hugs to all, Rock

sunflowergirl

Mikie: Hope the happy hour went well! I have wine every night, it usually helps me feel human for awhile. Usually around 4:30 but I don't drive at all after I've had some. But then you're just walking back up the stairs. Hope the condo looks good now.

Rock: No wonder I've always been AFRAID of lightning. In my younger days I wanted to turn off all electricity in the house. I remember having to work at AAA during the dark winter months. I would cringe when lightning would hit close by. Didn't want to show people I was afraid though. Maybe I heard tales when I was young about lightning strikes?

I've run a lot of errands today and my legs are really hurting me. Took a Tylenol and a short nap...oh gee...look at the time, gotta have a glass of red wine! Cheers!

Mikie

Good Friday Morning, Kids,

Had a good time with the kids downstairs. They will actually be painting today. They didn't use Kilz on those two little water spots and I imagine they will bleed through the paint. They also didn't fix the popped drywall nail head so I told them how to do it--minor fix. They found a couple of little spots on their quartz counter tops so a guy will be coming out to check it out. I will have to let him in and stay while he checks it and polishes it out. Overall, they are happy with the new kitchen. It is beautiful. I think they are a bit perfectionistic. I used to be that way but, in my old age, I settle for good enough.

I am finding a lot of things that apply to me in the book I'm reading about ADD, Tell Me I'm Not Lazy, Stupid or Crazy. Some of those things I attributed to the FMS but a lot of them go back before FMS. Even in kindergarten, the teacher recognized my hyperactivity and inability to stick with things. I was surprised when I read that people with FMS often are also ADD. Lists of our conditions look like alphabet soup.

Rock, what bothers me is that, when I change fonts or make changes to text, the left-hand margin doesn't hold and will indent one space. I don't want to say anything because when they updated, it was a big deal and lots of work so I just fix it myself. Well, maybe I'm a bit perfectionistic. I always try to have something to read but I can take anything in print and play games of making new words out of it. Or, I can play a calming game with anything in the area that my shrink taught me to relieve anxiety. I like the bit of trivia about Tinker Belle. So glad the car is nice. Does it have navigation? If so, it will tell you where to turn to get to your destination. This is also available on smart phones. I have used it once on my phone. David downstairs was excited to tell me about an app for the phone that was just weather radar. I already have it. Great minds...

Sun, it's my legs which ache a lot of the time. I used to drink wine every late afternoon when Barb lived here. That was before the hiatal hernia. Alcohol isn't good for that and is particularly bad late in the day. Janie is a nurse so she knew why I couldn't drink. It would cause me to be awake with horrible heartburn all night. I had thought that MJ would be nice but the edible I tried in CO just left me feeling like opiates do. I got high once on my Rx for pain and it was nice but not enough to make me want to take it all the time. My old Klonopin is probably the best thing I've found for anxiety. I was afraid of lightning when I was a kid but now, I love the thunderstorms with lots of it and thunder. My Mom once saw ball lightning and that was very scary for her. It's quite rare. I hope your pain is better.

Guess I'm gonna join Ancestry for another year. I need to get a new printer so I can download and print the photos of my grandparents and the family tree a cousin did. I'll answer the email from my half-newphew with a bit of basic info and wait to see what questions he, his dad and his uncles have. The truth doesn't show his grandparents in a good light but I'm hoping he will find that on his own.

Hope yall have a great windup to the week.

Love, Mikie

• Love

springwater

Hello

just a short peep in.

Yesterday me and the kids went down to visit DHs cousin sis who has come down from Canada with her DD. went to her place first, had juice and then all of us walked in the evening light to where the restaurants are and picked a rooftop one overlooking the stupa. caught up with all the gossip.

The drive to her place was terr8ble, so much traffic, even though DS took us through a different route with less traffic for some of the way but the return trip was nice. cool, dark, noiseless streets and i just sat back in the backseat and relaxed while DD and DS bantered and reminsced about their childhood.

Mikie - i like storms and watching lightning. Its raining as i type. Thats really 8nteresting about your ancestry. unfortunate the CBD didnt help you with pain.

Sun - nothing like sloppy servicemen and lying ones to raise the blood pressure. Well, thats over with. The shoe project sounds interesting. Im sorry you had to listen to your DM recount her troubles to you. Really not good for a childs morale. My own did the same especially when she had a good bit of rice beer wine inside her. She would tell me about my fathers infidelities. i suppose it was too much for her to keep to herself but wasnt quite the thing to tell an 11 year old.

Rock - i hope the computer starts behaving like a computer should soon. Mine acts up now and then. But has let me do my usual simple posting and searches mostly.

Dinner was chicken stew. just chicken drumsticks thrown into a pressure cooker with condiments and butter and boiled spinach added later and simmered. Didnt have time to cook 5he usual way. Lentils for me. and mango and yoghurt to give me my vitamins and calcium.

Last edited:

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

I bit the bullet and got into the shower. Just finished blowing out my hair. Will comb it into a style and spray it in a bit. I can tell the humidity is way down because it dried so fast and wasn't too curly. This whole business with Ancestry has tired me out. My half-nephew messaged me and his dad wants to email me. I told him he could. Mom never said anything negative about my biological father but he abandoned us when I was a child so, even though I never knew him, it's a bit of a painful subject. I knew when I agreed that my DNA could be used to find other family members that this could happen. I actually wanted to spare the half-brothers because I was afraid finding out that their father had done that and lied to them might be painful too. Again, it's what people did back then and now, with DNA testing, this will be playing out for many families.

Weather is talking about the Tropics. The storm off our East Coast will likely travel north and organize somewhere between Cape Canaveral and The Outer Banks of NC. Tomorrow we will get a lot of rain from it. There is another possible storm forming in the Atlantic off the West Coast of Africa. It is heading west toward the Caribbean Sea. Storms taking that track this time of year often form into big hurricanes. Will be watching it.

News says that Ruth Bader Ginsberg has finished the radiation for her pancreatic cancer and there is no trace of the cancer. Yea!!! Hang in there RBG! You can't keep a good woman down.

Spring, I envy your being able to eat out under the stars with your kids, friends and family. I love reading your posts. The CBD I get from PH helps with my pain. It was the edible Marijuana in CO that made me feel as though I had taken a pain pill; it did help some with the pain. I only took a tiny bit because DD and I were going out to lunch. Also, the new stuff isn't your Grandma's Marijuana; it's much, much more potent. It only marginally helped DSIL with his pain too. Aren't pressure cookers wonderful? That is basically what the Instant Pot is. I've been hungry for some sesame chicken lately but am too lazy to order and pick it up.

Hope everydooby has a lovely evening, peaceful and pain free.

Love, Mikie

• Love

rockgor

HI KIDS

THE COMPUTER IS STUCK ON CAPITALS. GOT AN E MAIL FROM MY BROTHER. MY REPLY TO HIM WAS ALL IN CAPITALS, ANYWAY
HE HAD SOME NEWS THAT SURPRISED ME. HE WROTE A SHORT STORY A COUPLE DECADES AGO. IS NOW SENDING ME A COPY.
GARRISON KEILLOR WROTE SOMETHING; STORY, COMMENTARY, I DUNNO. ANYWAY WHEN HE WAS IN COLLEGE HE SENT IT TO
THE NEW YORKER, AND THEY PUBLISHED IT. HE SAID THAT HELPED OPEN DOORS FOR HIM WHEN HE LOOKING FOR A JOB, ETC.

MIKIE, I READ THE ARTICLE ON R. B. GINSBERG IN WIKIPEDIA. SHE HAS THE MOST IMPRESSIVE CURRICULUM VITAE I EVER SAW. ALSO
READ SHE WEARS THAT DOILY AROUND HER NECK IN HOMAGE TO SOMEBODY. WELL I KNEW IT WASN'T A FASHION STATEMENT.
THE GOAL OF MOST TOP STUDENTS FROM THE TOP LAW SCHOOLS IS TO CLERK FOR THE U. S. SUPREME COURT OR SOME OTHER
FEDERAL JUDGE.

WHEN I WAS A KID I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT A PRESSURE COOKER WAS EXACTLY, BUT I KNEW THEY SOMETIMES BLEW UP. DAVE BARRY
SAID HIS COUSIN ARRIVED FOR DINNER ONE NIGHT AND THE PRESSURE COOKERY BLEW UP JUST AS THE FRONT DOOR WAS OPENED.
THEY HAD CREAMED CHIP BEEF ON THE CEILING FOR DAYS.

YOU CONTINUE TO BE A FONT OF INFORMATION. NEVER HEARD OF BALL LIGHTNING. OR DID I ALREADY POST THAT? I JUST STUMBLE
THROUGH THE DAY, ASLEEP MOST OF THE TIME, NEVER REALLY IN TOUCH. ANYWAY, KIDS, YOU CAN SEE EXAMPLES OF BALL
LIGHTNING ON YOUTUBE. IT'S MYSTERIOUS STUFF.

WARNING, NEXT MONTH YOUTUBE IS GOING TO START CHARGING MONEY TO LOOK AT IT'S VIDEOS. AND THEY WANT YOU TO SIGN
A CONTRACT THAT SAYS YOU ARE BOUND BY THE CONTRACT PLUS ANY FUTURE CHANGES THEY MAKE IN THEIR RULES. THEY ALSO
SAY YOU ARE BOUND BY THEIR CONTRACT EVEN IF YOU DON'T SIGN IT IF YOU LOOK AT ONE OF THEIR VIDEOS. UFFDA!

GOTTA GO, MY TYPING IS GETTING WORSE. HUGS, ROCK

Mikie

Good Saturday Morning, Kids,

Slept til almost 7:00 this morning. SV was relentless in bugging me to get up. He can be a real pain. He's out enjoying the cool morning air. That storm lingering on the East Coast of FL is sposda dump lotsa rain on us today. Then, it will likely roll up the coast and possibly form into a tropical storm somewhere off the Atlantic Coast. The low pressure wave hanging out in the Southern Atlantic is being watched as it heads toward the Caribbean. August and September can be the worst months for hurricanes. Climate change is causing them to be bigger and more powerful.

I got a message from a cousin who came out of the woodwork on Ancestry. She seems overwhelmed by the number of family members she has found. Haven't heard from my biological half-brother yet. I don't mind answering whatever questions he and his brothers might have but I'm not looking for some kind of relationship at this point. I simply do not have the energy for it.

Rock, all caps is a function of your keyboard and not the websites you visit. That is why both your post and email were in all caps. There is a caps lock key that must have been pressed inadvertently. It's usually near one of the shift keys. Strangely, Chromebooks don't have shift lock keys and it takes two other keys pressed simultaneously to get all caps. Pretty hard to accidently do that. I had to look it up online before I could use it. I like my Chromebook but it's a bit weird to use sometimes. Mom said the ball lightning appeared by the stairs and was about the size of a beach ball. It didn't last long. Just looked like a ball of fire. Hmmm...Great Balls 'o Fire. Do ya spose that's where that saying came from?

Speaking of balls, the guy downstairs has a silicone gizmo that freezes two big balls of ice for his drinks. He likes it better than ice cubes. Never saw anything like it before. One of them fills the glass. I have little plastic reusable ice cubes and, if I squeeze on the sides, they light up. I can make them flash but don't think I want a seizure, especially when I'm drinking. The Notorious RBG, as she is known, is a most amazing woman. There was recently a movie based on her life. I think she wears the collars to honor Sandra Day O'Connor, the Supreme Court Justice who had to retire due to poor health. People give her collars. She is much beloved and respected. She is 86 or 87 and does a physical workout that some younger people couldn't do. Her specialty is planks. DD has a workout shirt that reads, 'Plank Like RBG.' I can't plank because it hurts my feet too much.

So, how was your bro's short story? Maybe writing runs in the family. You certainly entertain us with your witty writing. I go to a lot of websites where they state that by being there and using it, I am agreeing to abide by the rules. It wouldn't hurt PH to do that, considering the number of spammers I get rid of. Of course, spammers wouldn't bother to read the rules or abide by them. I'll bet those kinds of things are of interest to an atty. I remember some case we studied in my Business Law course in college. It had to do with the fine print on those little parking tickets you get when you pay to park in garages or lots. If memory serves, and often it doesn't, those fine print messages don't indemnify the owners of the garages or lots from being responsible for damage to the cars parked there if it resulted from negligence on the part of the owners. I loved that class and it didn't hurt that the prof was drop dead handsome. He was also funny.

Well, Dear Friends, it's time to go read the paper--virtual today, real tomorrow. Woo Hoo! Have a wonderful start to your weekend.

Love, Mikie

• Love

Granniluvsu

Good almost afternoon Dear Porchies,

MIKIE et al,

Not much time to write as we will be leaving soon to have lunch with both DD;s and DH's that live closeby. We probably shouldn't do so with our stupid washer situation. It still makes the noise and also does not wring out the water very well. There is none left in the tub tut some of the clothes are still pretty wet esp the heavier ones and towels. The plan is to probably get a new washer and dryer during these Labor Day sales coming up. So we will be keeping a sharp eye out. The problem also is which to get . They surely don't make the new ones like the olds ones, to last. Maybe a Maytag which is probably made buy Whirlpool I believe. I know one gal who got all LG appliances in her kitchen and she had problems with all of them. I think that was a year or so ago so maybe they are fixed now. Also some problems with some of the Samsung. So, eeny meeny miney moe !!! Conn's a couple of weeks ago had some nice looking ones GE was one but was the darker stainless steel, like your refrig I think MIKIE. The lighter stainless steel were either way to big oand or way to expensive, HD had some sales but all were older white ones which would be OK I guess but am also thinking of resale when and if we need to move and sell this place.

MIKIE - How often do you use your CBD oil? Does it help your pain a lot and also wondering if it helps your sleep any and your tension or anxiousness? Yes you have to be careful about which ones you take due to potency, side effects ,etc.

SPRING- Yes, is sounds very nice that you get to go out sometimes with your family and even eat under the stars. It sounds lo lovely but being with everyone is the most important thing. So nice when they are fairly close by and you do not have t ravel so far although your last jaunt sounded like it was a longer and somewhat scenic drive.

SUN - Hope you are feeling well enough to do all your artwork and talented projects. Hope it is not to HOT too. It is just a given this time of year.

ROCK - Sorry your computer is still causing problems for you.. Try ans stay patient we miss you when you are gone.

Hi and HUGS to everyone,

LOVE, Granni

Mikie

Hi, Granni,

Go online to get ratings for the various brands by consumer research orgs. I buy Whirlpool which are considered good by most accounts. My W&D are Bosch because they were on closeout and such a great deal. Bosch is considered a good brand but DD had a Bosch dishwasher and it had to be replaced and the new one didn't work right. I think it had more to do with the space that housed it and the installation job. Both Barb and Ilona got Samsung fridges and both had problems right away. Any brand can have some problems but I do think some are better than others. It doesn't much matter what color I have because my W&D are in a closet in the hallway. Can you run another spin cycle to get the water out of the clothes? That is what I have to do when something heavy is in the washer and it doesn't spin. It doesn't happen much but every now and then.

How nice to be able to lunch with the kids. I am trying to decide what to have for lunch but my stomach is upset and I'm chilling. Must still have some kind of bug that is bothering me. I use the CBD PRN and it does help with anxiety and pain. Last time I got the cream but haven't used it yet. I have inflammation in my legs. I also have shoulder pain from time to time. I had surgery on one shoulder. My pain lately is all over, more like when I have a virus.

It is hotter in CO than here in FL and has been off and on ever since I was there. Seems I took the heat with me. Just went down to the mailbox and my mail order Rx's were there. Fortunately, they didn't sit long and get hot. Enjoy your lunch.

Love, Mikie

Last edited: