PORCH # 1151 IS NOW CLOSED | Page 2 | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

PORCH # 1151 IS NOW CLOSED

ProHealth CBD Store

bct

Hello Good Friends.
It's gonna be another HOT day today. Well, I guess 98 isn't too bad. Just bad. Watering the garden, or remnants of same, has been accomplished.

September soon. I always consider it the first day of autumn, though I know others prefer the 22nd of Sept. I saw the first Autumn Snowflakes blooming today. Tiny, white flowers on three inch stems. The last lily of summer has bloomed and is over. California Fuchsias blooming with tubular scarlet flowers. They are native to much of Calif., need no water, have lovely silver foliage. Not fuchsias really though....

Yes, the passing of a beloved pet can be very traumatic. In the 40 years since we moved here (in a little trailer) with our four dogs, two cats and one parrot, we have suffered many periods of mourning. All of our passed pets are buried on our property. Barley, Belka, Ananda, Judah, Ursula, Candi, Phoebe, Bridie, Shorty, Sputnik, and some more. My eyes are tearing up so I'm going to quit now....

Gordon, you are a Vandaholic apparently. I don't grow any orchids EXCEPT for two of the dreaded Phalaenopsis. I didn't toss them because they decided to bloom again! I also like Vandas by the way. Never cared for Cattleyas much though. When I went to Costa Rica I smuggled a small Laelia and a Tillandsia. The Laelia is long gone (it did bloom though), and the Tillandsias have grown into a huge 18 inch ball, along with a couple of other T's. The Tillandsia ball is put out to hang out in the cherry tree during the summer. HARD to find a place in the house for it the rest of the year!

Pizzas. Has anyone ever had the cauliflower crust pizzas? I have insisted that R get some when he goes to Costco next week. I'll let you know, okay?

Rock, what ya reading? I still in 7th century Ireland with the Peter Tremayne "Sister Fidelma" medieval mystery series. Celtic culture, religion --- fascinating and fun. Richard has become a Ross Macdonald addict for the nonce. We both read a lot. Watch an old movie in the evening ---- R is a film nut --- usually something from the thirties or forties. He taught classes in college on Cinema Appreciation and knows SO MUCH that it drives me mad sometimes. Like "see that actor (name unknown to me)" that made such and such " he married the daughter of the great producer so and so. DUH!. TMI!!!!!

Granni, I'm so sorry for your curious affliction, and that the docs. don't seem to able to get it diagnosed. I believe we need more doctors trained. There are just not enough, especialy out in the boondocks where I am.... so sad.

Sun, my windows are in desperate need for washing too. What a chore. I just can't do it. Sorry for the font change. Thank you my dear for the New Yorker again! I can't read too much about politics anymore.... nauseates me. But the N.Y. has LOTS of good stuff to interest me! So I am most pleased. I do so hope you are feeling a bit better today....

Love to All,
Barry

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Been nauseated and lightheaded much of the day today. I got a call from a realtor who was wanting to let her photographer into the pool and tennis courts. They are listing my neighbor's niece's condo she inherited. It's down the street. The one in my bldg. isn't ready for prime time yet. They are pricing the other one for a quick sale. That will make it attractive for an investor to buy it to rent. I hate to see that. I told Joe and he is going to try to let people in the hood here know in case one of their buddies is interested. I'm glad I felt up to opening the pool gate and tennis court because it's how I found out. Evidently, the niece had given my number to the realtor.

DD called to tell me she is doing better today. DSIL went to work and was getting out of his car. He looked down when he opened the car door and there right between his feet was a feather. The guy he went to see wasn't at his business because his dog died a day or so ago. DD took off from her clinicals until tomorrow. She prescribes medicine and just didn't feel she should be doing that when she's grieving so hard. They were very understanding and it's all OK.

Barry, you have had quite a fur family over the years. And, yes, it is sooo sad when we lose them. Geez, 98 degrees! That's HOT!!! Hope you are holding up OK. Our rain has been keeping the temps a bit lower. Been in high 80's and low 90's and should stay the same; however that storm is looming down in the Caribbean and the early models have it headed our way. Oh, update on the weather. Looks as though, even if it makes it to us, it will be a very weakened tropical storm. I think I'm as ready as I'll ever be but I do need to fill up the car. I have no plans to evacuate but I'm always ready. Yes, I have heard of the cauliflower crust. They are making all kinds of stuff from that. I just ate the unhealthy white flour crust. Hope you can keep cool.

Getting sick of whatever keeps coming back. I have things to do. I had thought I was exhausted yesterday from the stress this last week but it had to have been more than that. We may get recreational marijuana on the 2020 ballot as an amendment in FL. Despite the disappointing experience with it in CO, I would give it another try if it were legal. Sixty-seven percent, in a recent poll here, want it and there is a lot of financial backing to get it on the ballot. Because of tourism taxes, we pay no state income tax and legal MJ would add even more to our state coffers. It also bring lots of jobs. On the down side are pot heads hanging out in public. They are a problem in Denver.

Have heard nothing more from the half-brother who contacted me. He may be busy researching because I filled in some info for him and I think it's something that he didn't know and may contradict what he and his brothers were told by their parents. I was friendly and helpful but didn't encourage the 'one big happy family' that I think he was imagining. I've known all this stuff for 50 years and have come to terms with it but they just found out and, I believe, they need time to let it all settle in. It's something I put behind me years ago and really don't want to revisit. I've prayed for them that it isn't too unsettling or painful for them. If I hear nothing more from them, I'll be happy.

Hope all y'all have a wonderful evening.

Love, Mikie

• Love
Reactions: bct

sunflowergirl

Barry; My DD eats cauliflower crust pizza since she can't have gluten. I've tried it....it's good. Trader Joe's has a lot of cauliflower foods in the freezer.

I seem to be dealing with low blood pressure lately. My little BpReader went off this morning too. So every morning I take about 1/4 tsp celtic salt followed by water to help bring it up. Low blood pressure is just as bad as the high. I'm thinking it might have to do with the bladder urgency I'm still dealing with. I don't want to bring up all my woes....nothing worse than to be a broken record so I just keep it to myself. That's a lot of pets you guys have loved and lost. Every pet owner goes thru it sooner or later and when you get one you have to know they only live so long.

Spring: What is that flower?

Mikie: Talked to my DD today.....this virus seems to be making her super fatigued too. It's been 5 days that she's had it. Feel better soon.

My DS sent me a link last night to a huge fire near him. I watched the video, unbelievable black clouds rolling into the sky up in Portland. Then I looked at some pictures.....seems someone was parking cars (50 of them) illegally on a vacant lot. The fire dept said they didn't know who owned them....all burnt up. Someone had called in and said it was a car dealership. Probably used cars they traded in. Oops....all gone.

rockgor

Morning Kids

We'll see what happens to today's post. The cat woke me up. around 2 AM last night. She meowed with such a plaintive call from outside I went downstairs to feed her. Saw some reruns of Mama's Family yesterday. I wonder how much the residuals are that the actors get. Read a book on debonair actors yesterday. The first third of the book was all about Cary Grant. Even during the Depression he made enormous sums of money. Had about as many wives as Henry the VIII. He started his career in show biz as a stilt walker in England. (He was English.)

Sun, never heard of pizza crust made w/ cauliflower. I'd try it. Well, if I still had enough teeth to chew. Never heard of celtic salt either. Nothing like a variety of medical problems to enlarge one's vocabulary.

Mikie, hope you're feeling better today. What happened in Colorado with the MJ experiment? Didn't John Denver
write a song called Rocky Mt. High? You tube has numerous videos titled "Whatever happened to ______? The
answer is always, "Died". But the videos are several minutes long and give a brief bio of the performer.

Barry, I am now reading a thriller by a new author I just found. His name is Brendan Du Bois. Wasn't the gal in
Streetcar Named Desire Blanche Du Bois? I can't look anything on a different page without losing my post. I'm also reading another book by Patricia Cornwell. And just finished rereading an early book by John Sanford. Gordon is still
busy with books about the middle ages and cookbooks.

Hugs to Granni, and Springwater, and Julie, and Star and everyone my poor wounded brain can't remember.

Well, guess I'll go back to bed. Where this post will go I just don't know. Oh, just remembered one bit of
news. The Naked Ladies are back. Couldn't find a picture to post. But I've posted them before. They still look
the same.

Hugs, Rock

Last edited:

Mikie

Good Wednesday Morning, Kids,

Still having a bit of sore throat and swollen lymph nodes with this crud. Stomach is also iffy. Unlike Sun, I don't mind whining about it all. SV got up on the sofa last evening and nipped me on the arm. I've given him the cold shoulder since. I did get in a swat before he jumped down. He was very needy yesterday and I did everything I could think of for him. I don't want a cat I'm afraid to be around for fear he'll bite.

This time of year when it's so rainy, insects will try to come inside despite the pest control spraying. I usually don't have bugs but have found two tiny silver fish like things this morning. AACCKK!! Found an ant the other day. Nancy tells me that people are losing horses to equine encephalitis from mosquitoes. People can get it too and about 30 percent of those who do get it don't survive. Many of those who survive are left with brain damage. They are spraying down here for the mosquitoes and we are being told to use DEET when we go out. Mosquitoes also carry West Nile Disease and the Zika virus. If the hurricanes don't wipe us out, the mosquitoes may.

Sun, that's kind scary about the low BP. Be sure to have your eyes checked for glaucoma. It's a risk with low BP. There is a farm-to-table farm and restaurant here. They harvest salt from the leaves of mangrove trees to serve in the restaurant. I use the pink Himalayan salt. It tastes so much better than the over processed stuff. I think it's been about a week since I first got this crud. Just hope it goes away. I didn't go to the pool yesterday to walk because I felt too rotten. Claudia had the A/C guy coming so couldn't go anyway. Hope you, me and all our Dear Porchies can feel better.

Rock, your post made it! TADA!!! Yes, that Rocky Mountain High song turned out to be very fitting once CO legalized MJ. To me, being high is a nice feeling, calm and happy. That's how I felt when my pain pill caused a high, which BTW surprised me. I'd never gotten a high from pain pills before that. Usually all I feel is an uncomfortable feeling of being out of it. That is what the edible MJ caused me to feel. Nothing too pleasant, just out of it a bit. Glad I only had a small amt. It did help with my pain about as much as a pain pill. I'll try it again if it becomes legal here. I could get it for medicinal purposes now but it costs a fortune to see a doc who can prescribe and the MJ is expensive too. Don't want to smoke it so edibles are the only way I'd take it. Sounds as though Miss Kitty knows how to get what she wants. Cats are incredibly smart and creative.

Hope all our dear MIA Porchies are doing well.

Love, Mikie

• Love

sunflowergirl

Mikie:. I did a search on glaucoma because my mom had it. Apparently it can be inherited and they don't know what causes it. The most important is for yearly eye exams to have your eyes checked. I just had an exam about 2 mos. ago and my doctor has the Optomap machine, so no more dilation which I hated. You look into a machine, hold still and it takes a picture of your eye using an incredibly bright light. This is good because it is kept on her computer and she can check from the previous picture of the eye.

i drank a cup of licorice tea last night since i read it helps bring up the BP. BP is a funny thing....like a dance between a fine line to keep it where it should be. Took it this morning and it was close to normal, almost. I had also read that being dehydrated will bring down your BP, that's why the salt and then the water. I use the pink celtic salt i buy at Sprouts.

I'm so lucky to have that store within a mile of my house! That and a Trader Joe's and also a Starbucks!!!! And the library is about 1 1/2 miles away. After my DH died I had looked at some houses closer to my DD. They didn't compare to mine for the same price so thought it over and decided I lived in a better location.

Rock: I'm thinking you've got a Windows system. That's what the big computer is at my house, but I never really understood it and my Dh had to always give me instructions. You are leaving PH when you try to do a search. I think you need to "bookmark" PH and other favorites so you can always just click on a favorite and go there. You also need to have Gordon show you how to open up another 'window' while on PH so you can do a search for something. I use my ipad all the time, love it compared to Microsoft Windows. I keep it on my kitchen table and can do a search on read something whenever i want to, and can take it anyplace where they have wifi. My ipad is about 7 years old, and is having some problems lately so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

And the celtic salt or Himalayan salt is natural as opposed to the stuff we buy at the store. That salt has been processed with "bad" stuff and is very bad for a body.

:

Last edited:

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Watching TS Dorian as it nears Puerto Rico. Those poor people get hit every time. I should fill up the car and will likely do it but maybe not today. It's half full as it is. I don't evacuate even for the largest storms so it really isn't a big deal. I have everything else I need. I'm chilling and just not feeling up to par, and par ain't that great to begin with. Whine, whine, whine! If the storm hits us, it will likely come from the East Coast and that will weaken it. Of course, these things aren't 100 percent predictable so we all have to be ready every time.

Sun, the one item you added mentions the trace minerals in the Himalayan pink salt. Dr. Mercola says that it is those trace minerals that make it so much better than the processed table salt. Also, the processed salt has other unhealthy things done to it. I think any of these natural salts are better than processed table salt. Mom and I both had high pressure in our eyes but neither of us had glaucoma. My doc checks my eyes for it every six months. I've had that photo of my eyes every year for years now and my doc compares them. Everything has been healthy (knock on wood). My house is about as far as yours from the library. It's a new one and very nice. Wish we had a Trader Joe's but Publix isn't bad. The airport is only about six miles away and there is a lot of shopping near me. Also, my docs and hospitals are handy. This is a great location. I think we are both lucky. Maybe I'll drink a cup of licorace tea. My BP is controlled with meds and the tea doesn't seem to elevate it but it does sooth me. Right now, I feel shaky and nervous. Stupid bug!

I did pay a couple of bills online so it's not a total loss. My appetite is off and I don't know what to eat. The freezer is full which isn't good in hurricane season. My hair could stand to be washed but it'll go another day. I'll do it tomorrow and go to the store. My watch won't let my lie around more than an hour without its telling me to stand up. It seemed annoying at first but now, I like it. Of course, I could turn that function off but I think it's healthy. Love, hugs and prayers to all our Dear Porchies.

Love, Mikie

• Love

sunflowergirl

Mikie: I was about to fill out the request for $ from Equifax, but had heard that you can now get 10 years free check and that people might not get the entire amount of $. Here's a link, and apparently you can change your mind.

Got all my windows done, well except for the many narrow louvered windows which were typical for houses in the 60s out here. They're not hard for me to do, just time consuming but he charges too much for those. He brought a helper this time, so they were finished in about 1 1/2 hrs. Now I just need to remind myself NOT to get water near my clean windows when I'm watering outside so I won't mess them up.

I need to take one complete room at a time and start some heavy duty fall cleaning.

Mikie

Hi, Sun,

I made the choice to ask for the money. If I don't get it, or get it all, it's OK. I didn't want the ten years of credit surveillance from a company that put my info in jeopardy in the first place. I depend on Life Lock which I think is far better. I pay for it but it's worth it to me. I need to do some deep cleaning but, right now, I'm not even doing any light cleaning. Oh well...

Hope you're doing well.

Love, Mikie

Mikie

Good Thursday Morning, Dear Porchies,

Where is everydobby? Doing well, I hope. Last night, I was chilling and this morning, it feels like the start of a cold. Good grief! Hope it just up and goes away already.

I have a horrible feeling of deja vu. Hurricane Dorian is now supposed to slow down and gather strength as it approaches Florida. It was supposed to make landfall in northern FL on the Atlantic side. Now, the models show it hitting further south. If it goes west through the Florida Straits into the Gulf, it will be like Hurricane Irma. It was supposed to be a Cat 1. Now they are saying it could be a Cat 3. The longer it stays over water, the stronger it will be.

There is something going on that I cannot stay silent about. I hesitate to post because I don't want it to start a bunch of partisan political posts but it is a dire humanitarian issue that should horrify everyone regardless of affiliation. Our country has always allowed people from other countries to come here for medical treatment for serious conditions when they do not have access to medical treatment in their home countries. These are often children suffering from cystic fibrosis, cancer and rare illnesses that require the kind of expertise only available in the U.S. The parents of these children have received letters from the federal government telling them they have to go back where they came from. They have 33 days to leave. It is literally a death sentence for these children. I cannot imagine being a parent of a deathly ill child and being told I have to take my child and leave, knowing my child will die. This is not who we are; we are better than this. I have emailed my senators and representative.

Love, hugs and prayers for all our dear Porchies.

Love, Mikie

Update: I got my shower and did my hair. Then, I headed to the gas station and filled up my car. I got to Publix by eleven and was out by twelve. It was busy and I had to wait a bit at the deli. I got a lot of snack food. I'll try to eat out of the freezer before the hurricane hits. I cooked a bacon wrapped fillet steak last night it was delicious. They were running out of water at Publix but I have plenty at home. People are in a good mood which is usually how they are before a storm. The streets were a bit busy too for this time of year. People take these storms seriously for the most part. I'm just waiting to see where it will hit. The track is still too far off and too iffy. Nothing to do before it hits except to gather the lanterns, emergency radio and make sure all the computers are charged so I can charge my phone off of them.

SV was out on the lanai and it was almost 90 degrees out. He wouldn't get up from under one of the chairs so I left him out there. He just came in looking like an old rag. I went down to get my mail and came home feeling like he looks. Just had some fresh cut watermelon that the produce dept. cubes; it was on BOGO. So was the almond coffee cake so I got that and just had a slice. Mmmm! I checked my blood sugar this morning and it was 100. My doc's very happy with that. I hadn't done it in a while. Hope all y'all are having a good day.

Last edited:

sunflowergirl

Mikie: I'm reading that it might be a hurricane 4. I know you're well prepared. Just couldn't live with that kind of stress so blessings to you and your neighbors.

Feeling wrung out again this morning and my HR is all over the place as is the BP reading. I'm going to increase my magnesium because that might be the problem. About a week ago I was woke up with a bad charlie horse in my thigh...boo.

I have a small fan on top of the frig and every day I tell myself it needs to be cleaned cause i could see dust clinging. So after an hr. Outside with a brush, Mr. Clean and finally orange oil I got it cleaned and back together. So after that I decided i would tackle the range hood. OMG....this thing is over 50 years old, still has a fan that works and the light though I rarely use either. About 10 years ago my DS removed it, cleaned it up really good and spraypainted it black. The paint on top is not wearing very good so I checked online and read reviews. Hmmmm....maybe I'll just stick with what I have.

And my gardener rang the doorbell while I was talking to a friend, I had called gardener this morning but it said voice mail was full. Apparently he DID see my phone #. He's supposed to come on mondays, and I was thinking he'll be off the coming Monday holiday and that would have made 2 weeks of him not working here. So I'm glad I called because that motivated him to do the work I pay him for.

Mikie

Hi, Sun,

You've been busy. My fan over the stove is in the bottom of the built-in microwave. It isn't vented to the outside. It draws the cooking odors up through filters and puts the clean air out through vents at the front top. Not as good as a vented one but it's fine for me. The filters are a pain to clean but I don't cook enough to make them too dirty and I don't cook greasy food. I hope you can get your BP and HR stabilized. That's a bit scary. Yes, electrolytes can mess it up. Another reason I like Smart Water.

Yes, the storm is expected to strengthen because there is little dry air and wind shear on it's way to FL. If it does hit on the East Coast, it will be much weaker when it hits this side. My worry is that it will turn westward and come at us from the Gulf like Irma. Irma was a Cat 5 for a while before making landfall as was Charley. These things are so unpredictable. Sunday, I'll go out and gather up the furniture on the balcony and stack it up against the building by the condo next door. I changed my appt. with the dermatologist on Wed. and rescheduled later in the month. I cancelled my lab appt. on Tues. and will make another appt. later in the month. I may have enough on my plate with the storm without worrying about getting to appts. Thanks for your kind good wishes. We hunker down and get through these storms.

It just started pouring rain and the wind is blowing like crazy. I had planned on bringing in the furniture cushions but now they will be soaked. I can leave them out there and stack the furniture on top of them. SV is asking to go out but the wind soaked the lanai so he needs to stay inside. I held him on my lap for a while today so he won't be so needy. He doesn't play with his toys. I heard something crunch yesterday and he was biting the charger disk for my watch. Nutty cat!

Again, hope you can get your BP and HR figured out.

Love, Mikie

• Love

rockgor

Hi Kids

Have been reading a very large book titled Pictorial History of the Wild West. Found one of my relatives in it.
Sheriff Ed B. Daniels of Osceola, Missouri. Killed in a gun fight with the Younger brothers, relatives of Jesse and
Frank James. Also found a picture of the Sheriff on the net, but it's with a whole bunch of pictures and no way to
tell which one is which. I'll have to write to my Deputy Sheriff (ret.) brother in Minn. Tell him he's not the only
gun slinger in the family.

I think he's a relative because of the name Daniels. My grandfather was a Daniels. Came from New York. I can't
look him up anymore. Gave all my genealogy books to my brother last Christmas. He's the one who was born when
Lincoln was President; died 3 years before I was born.

Gorden went to Cosco today. Brought home a dictionary. Good thing. We've been limping along with a very small
one. Now I've tested the new one by looking up genealogy.

Mikie, hope the storm is no worse than the previous ones. Saw a weather man I haven't seen for ages talking about
the coming weather. Maybe the station asked him to come back due to the coming (possible) calamity. His name is
Dallas Reins or maybe Rains. I can't remember what you've posted about SV and how he copes with the storms. I
bet he feels pretty safe with you there.

I was reading a John Sanford thriller this morning. He referred to a Publix store, but can't remember which city he
was talking about. I thought the city in question was too small for a Publix.

Sun, Hope the charlie horse went away. If I remember I'll look up the derivation later. Can't do it now. I finally
figured out what your HR was. Heart rate; right? I dunno what mine is. Don't care either. As various philosophers
have observed over the years, 'It is what it is.'

Bary, Gordon keeps reading the same books over and over: Peter Tremayne; Cook books. He used to read a lot of
cozy mysteries, but haven't seem much of them lately. BTW have you read the book about the lady who studied a
parrot for 30 years? Forgot her name.

Ha det bra, Rock

Last edited:

springwater

Hello

Ive been reading but had a couple of outings so the housework piled up and been trying to catch up.

Mikie - dear Lord. another hurricane. i pray everyone is safe. Those flowers i posted are supposed to turn transparent when they get wet. Diphylleia Grayi. 5hey are also called skeleton flowers. They grow in mountains of China.

The computer charger apparently got loose when i was charg8ng so theres no battery left.. the. i will return later, hopefully after accom0,ishing a few chores.

God bless

Last edited:

sunflowergirl

Spring: Sorry your computer battery got messed up. Come back and finish posting. Thanks for the info on the flowers.

I'm up in the wee hours with a throbbing headache on one side of my head, so of course i head to the kitchen for coffee. Did a search....hypnic headaches will hit seniors and doctors are advising to drink coffee before bed! HA.....I could have told them that. I've been taking a new melatonin, did a search and it can cause headaches in some people so think I will lay off it for a few days and see if it improves.

Rock: You mentioned about HR, yes heart rate but recently when taking my BP reading I've noticed lower dystolic (the bottom #) and did a search and found this most interesting bit of info on fatigue and the lower dystolic. So, I'm wondering if all of those with bad fatigue do in fact have a lowered dystolic. And BARRY: Did you know that if you have a lower dystolic # dizziness and postural (can't think of the word....has to do with quickly standing). will accompany it along with fatigue.

Mikie

Good Friday Morning, Kids,

Woke with a very sore throat and swollen lymph nodes this morning. Yikes! This crud never seems to go away. Scat, rotten virus! Begone! Nancy up in MI was sick yesterday and had to miss a funeral of a relative. She almost never gets sick. Claudia just got one of those clear mouthpieces to use in lieu of braces. Her whole lower jaw is very painful and one lymph node is swollen and sore. We're a sorry lot. No FJ question last night. It's a rerun of a championship and the finale is a two day deal. SV and I went to bed early. Had to carry him inside from the lanai. He wasn't a happy kitty. He's becoming more defiant in his old age.

Rock, if you want to look up a word, simply open a new tab and type the word even if you aren't sure of the spelling. It is likely the word will appear in a list and you can click on it. Better definitions than in the dictionary. Just be sure you open a new tab to do it or you will leave this website and likely lose your post. So, you come from a long line of law enforcement. I guess it was a natural for you to become an atty., an officer of the courts. Genealogy is fascinating and I wish I had paid more attention when I was younger. Right now, I'm sooo tired and feeling sick and my eyes are barely working so I just don't have the NRG for it. Just getting over the stress of revisiting a painful situation with my biological father. I hope his kids are satisfied and leave me alone. Yes, SV is a real trooper and will hang out with me in the bathroom if we have to take extreme shelter with this storm. Sometimes small towns will have Publix stores because they serve other small towns nearby. Good grief! I've only been up for less than an hour and the watch is already bugging me to stand. What a nag!

Spring, I hope you get charged up and come back for a visit.

The storm trackers have moved the likely track of the storm farther south which isn't good news for us. We have withstood some really strong hurricanes here and I'm sure we will weather this one. They have also slowed the timeline for when it makes landfall. That also isn't good. The longer the storm stays out over the warm Atlantic water, the stronger and larger it will be. A Cat 4 slamming into the East Coast will cause a lot of flooding from storm surge and rain. The wind will also cause damage. If it continues to the south, it could get into the Gulf and attack our side of the state. I cancelled my lab appt. and my appt. with my dermatologist and changed it til the following week after my colonoscopy. Everything is happening in Sept. except my eye appt. which is in Oct. Hate to have any kind of surgery but I'm ready to get these cataracts removed; just hope they are ready. Whine, whine, whine!

OK, gonna go read the paper. Joe called while I was working on this so had to wait. Something has him all riled up. I think serving on the board gets to him between dealing with the mgmt. co., other board members and people living here. It goes with the territory of serving on a board. No good deed goes unpunished!

Love, Mikie

Mikie

Hi, Sun,

I think we were posting at the same time. I am so sorry about your headache. I hope you feel better.

Whatever is hanging on with me has gotten worse. My throat is sore as can be. Reminds me of Strep when I lived in CO. Just gargled with some Listerine. I got so sick to my stomach and diarrhea hit. This is like the virus that just keeps on giving, one symptom after another. I'm thinking it may be my body trying to purge whatever this is. Hope the purge is successful because I'm gonna be busy in a day or so. I told Joe to let me know when the volunteers stack up the pool furniture to keep it from going airborne. It only takes a few minutes with six or seven volunteers. I also have the furniture out on the balcony to move but that won't be a big deal. Think I'm gonna leave my furniture out on the lanai and just stack it in one corner. Of course it all depends on where the storm hits us. Trying to figure out how to keep the Kindle charged if we lose power; we always do lose power in these storms. Ugh! News just showed the worst area of the storm and we are included at this point. If it hits over on West Palm Beach on the East Coast, we won't be hit as hard but we are directly west of WPB. Glad I got gas and groceries yesterday. People are going nuts today.

Again, I hope you feel better and your HR and BP are more controlled.

Also hope all our dear Porchies are doing well. Where is Granni? Hope Star is OK and hope Spring gets her computer up and running.

Love, Mikie

• Wow

sunflowergirl

Hurricanes coming would scare the bejeebers out of me. Of course you all know what needs to be done. I read now that people are starting to panic.

Yesterday I started taking digestive enzymes. I've taken the chew up kind but seems like my stomach would get upset every time I would eat. So dug in my cabinet and found a swallow kind and took it about 20 min. Last night before eating dinner. I kept waiting for the usual feelings, but went to bed feeling pretty good, until I woke with a blinding headache on one side. I think it came from my neck...too much looking down at some painting stuff. So this morning I took another enzyme before I ate breakfast. I'm keeping this bottle on my counter to remind me. Read a lot about how as we age we don't have the enzymes to digest our food....hmmmmm...very interesting.

And....my BP was low again so took some salt and have been pouring water down to bring it up. I pushed myself to go for a short walk, but found it was very hard. When it's hot it affects my lungs which makes my heart beat faster.....seems like an endless dealing with something. I guess I should say whine whine whine. OK, that's the last of unloading.

Granniluvsu

Belated hugz and his to everydobby,

Don't ask me what I have been doing . Not really a whole lot other than looking around and finally buying a set of GE washer and dryers. Yesterday we went to Lowes again and they had some good ones in p prices but was also wondering if the set of GE was still there from a week or so ago. It has more room for large items like spreads and things and has no large post in the middle for the agitator . They are a dark grey, guess it is a darker stainless but not black. The price was pretty good for all that over $300 for each but we have a gas drier and so had to pay more. We are waiting as we speak for them to either show up or call. It is supposed to be this afternoon. I'm expecting them to show up at 4:30 which was the latest time they gave. That seems to be the way it works around here.

MIKIE - I have been thinking about you through out this whole deal with Hurricane Dorian. Not sure how close you are to Miami. It wouldn't surprise me this whole stressful thing is making you feel worse. I know that is what happens with me. When my brother had his stroke for one thing that brought on higher b/p, IBS and diarrhea, and among other things. Also, trying to dealing with my inlaws was not that helpful either. I was going to go to the funeral and then not with my b/p. I wrote a letter to my niece and she still has not acknowledged me or reinstated our FB acct. They are also in Miami are called Davie which is probably closer to the shore than you. I sent her a text and of course have not heard back from her and also one from her mother who told me they have tickets to stay with her brother in Mass. that is if the planes take off on Sunday. My SIL lives in NY but they were all full, I believe as well as NJ. Sp sorry yu are feeling so awful esp with this hurricane coming your way.. I hope it doesn't come your way or cause to much harm and devastation, or our way wither. Don't want it to get into the Gulf.

SUN - So sorry you have been feeling so awful too and your lungs giving you some problems esp on exertion and exercise. If you do walking try and do it in the morning when it is cooler. I don;t know what is worse Hurricanes or Earthquakes. I have never had to undergo feeling an earthquake but that has surely got to be scary, Also nowadays anyway with hurricanes you have some time to prepare but then there is lots of worry, etc, None of them are good, anyway. You are allowed to whine. or vent which we all need to do that sometime. Hope your headache is feeling better, I understand believe me. I have back headaches not in the front as much. That sure can take the wind out of your sails, believe me.

Love to awl inc Rock, Barry, SW, Julie and everydobby else I cannot think of at the moment ,
Granni :) As I continue to wait to hear or see the Conn's delivery people !

bct

Hi Gang of sickos, I stand with you!

MIKIE: Oh my dear, Dorian looks frightening! Do any of the people in your 'hood evacuate, or do most stay put like you? Stay safe my dear Mikie and all your friends and their pets. You seem to be having a real problem with this " whatever" virus. Have the docs. not been able to isolate it? Sore throat - not good. I took my BP med at bedtime last night; pill got stuck in my throat. Horrible. I think I have a small hiatal hernia....
Mikie, I am in complete accord with your humanitarian crisis description of the HORRIBLE sending back or refusing entry to those who need medical aid. This must stop. It is really a non-Christian attitude for a country to take. And non Buddhist. And non-human.

Sun, how horrible to have headaches like you do. So sorry. I used, long ago, have terrible migraines that took me to the ER in the middle of the night a couple of times. Doc said "tension migraines" and put me on a pretty high dosage of diazepam (Valium) and Darvocet. Never had another..... touch wood.
At the moment I am dealing with bad Orthostatic intolerance, or some such beast. May be a brain tumour. Or all the meds. I am taking. Funny thing is it doesn't come on until I have been up for about an hour..... I'm going to have to get new batteries for my bp monitor. Haven't been using it for quite a while.

Rock, I am still reading the Peter Tremayne medieval novels -- the Sister Fidelma series. Still got quite a few to get through. I like them very much, tell G. I checked up on John Sandford -- I don't think my cup of tea though. Oh so be it. I'll never run out of books to read. I could read Virginia Woolf again and again. Same with James Joyce...though maybe not Finnegans Wake....

Granni, so nice to see you. Good luck with your new appliances! I am so sorry that your niece is not being nice. I am worrying about Dorian too. It sounds like a strong one! All we have here in Nor -Cal are earthquakes and wildfires. Since we live in the woods, fire concerns me most. Earthquakes, not so much --- unless it is the "BIG ONE"!

Gotta Go, R. calls.
Love and Peace to All. Hoping to hear from Julie and Star and ? soon.
Barry