PORCH #1152 IS NOW CLOSED (8/31/19) | Page 3 | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

PORCH #1152 IS NOW CLOSED (8/31/19)

ProHealth CBD Store

sunflowergirl

Mikie: Good thing getting the boxes and the clutter out of your condo. So many times I've had things around, then slowly they get reincorporated.

It's OK about the doll....I hope. It was my aunt's and then in my possession when I was 10. Although.......my aunt told me a story about my grandparents which my mom never knew. They became spiritualist in the early 50s but were very MUM about the whole thing. She was digging around in their closet and found a trumpet and asked them why when they went to their meetings they would take the trumpet. Apparently it's for the ghosts to speak thru it!!!!!! After my grandmother died my grandfather would go to a spiritualist camp in Indiana. I remember going there to see him one summer when we were traveling. All the people were sitting on benches alone....talking. Creepy. In his later years he turned to the Bible, and at family dinners he would give the blessing....for at least 10 min at a time. I've often thought about writing a novel about my mom's family. Boy, such stories.

Ages ago there was a doll shop in the little town we used to live in. I loved going in there, although the owner was totally not what you would think as a doll lover. Hard looking, raspy voice and smoked. Can you imagine smoking around antique dolls.

One day I was in there and the hired help whispered to me about a doll that they were sure was haunted because it kept moving but could never catch it. The owner came thru the back curtain and caught her whispering to me....cut that conversation short. I wrote a short story about it.....pretty good if I don't say so myself. I'll have to do a search for some of my short stories.

Granniluvsu

Hi Y'all,

Getting ready for my ride to pick me up for our Resurrection Choir practice. They do not do that very often but then I hardly ever go to the practices or many of the funerals but am trying to do better.

Just reading and tried to get some of the dinner started so I don't have to do so much when I get home. Since the oven will be on for baking chicken breasts I had better get rid some of these brussel sprouts before they go bad. So, I rinsed them and cut them up to be ready to put the seasoning on and olive oil before baking.

SUN- I have been so busy I haven;t even mentioned it to DH about the SS. However that is what I think he said and will have to clarify. Good to know that info. DH had a nice position I guess but nothing close to the top. He did a lot of finance and was incharge of of giving the OK for the the airlines to get their gas to fly. and cutting back on staff. That was in the last few years. He was there about 26 years or so I believe and still left early when they were giving pkgs. It is a good thing he did or we wouldn't be getting the medical he (we) get now. Did you send us a picture of that ugly doll? I am curious what she looked like although she might be taken apart by now:)!!! I know what you and MIKIE mean about no NRG. I never feel like doing much of anything. Hang in there kiddo, I can say that to you cause you are younger than I :D LOL MIKIE too!!

MIKIE - Glad things are not to bad with you and the storm. Poor Bahamas surely looks awfully devastated. Those poor people. I'm afraid when they get in there they will find many deceased or in very poor shape Wow you even did your hair. Wish I could see what your short hair looks like that takes little care. Of course you most likely have some naturally curly hair or at at least a lot of body and some waves. . I don't have much of either of those. At least I got a nice haircut and not to hard to keep but have to put clips of soft curlers in if I want any waves. Haven't been listening much about the storm today, to busy. Just turned it on and it looks like the eye os east of Jacksonville.

Big hi's everydobby
esp. ROCK, JULIE, BARRY, SPRING WATER.

Love to all,
Granni :D

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

I am wracked with pain all over so decided to take a pain pill. I'm not going anywhere so, if it makes me feel funny, it doesn't matter. I take them so seldomly but when I need them, they stop the pain cycle. I've run out of the CBD oil and only have the cream to rub on painful areas. It would take the whole tube to get rid of this overall pain. I turned off the TV and read quietly. I like to reread Deepak Chopra's book, The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success. It's about manifesting one's desires but I find it just plain good advice for living. Other than health, I have everything I need or want and my health is a lot better than when I first got sick. If I can keep up with the work around here, I can survive. Would I love to be bursting with NRG? Of course. What means the most to me is peace.

Sun, that spiritualism that was in vogue back then is scary. I think it can open people up to whatever evil is out there. That is why every honest medium and psychic says never to use Ouija boards. I do believe some people have gifts and use them for good. I've seen them give peace and comfort to those who have lost loved ones and just want to know they are okay. That story about the woman in the doll store is pretty scary--the stuff of Stephen King novels. I'll bet your short story is good. You are very creative. One thing is sure--I will not be keeping any of this stuff I've packed to give away. I feel lighter just knowing it's going away. One of Chopra's laws of success is that we have to keep the flow of everything going. The more we give, the more we receive. I feel guilty having things I don't need, use or get pleasure from. I'm keeping a few things the girls want and that's about it. I have some beautiful pizzelle hand irons they want. I haven't made pizzelles in ages but will store the irons for them. Is your story in a computer file? If so, share it with us.

Granni, yes, the pictures from the Bahamas are truly heartbreaking. I imagine Publix will be taking donations for the Red Cross to help them out. If so, I can donate there. If not, I can donate online. There are tons of places taking actual donations of supplies and people are responding so generously. The big problem is getting the stuff to the people. Many are homeless or their homes are flooded. They don't even know whether landing strips and docs are usable right now. Your dinner sounds good. I am defrosting another of those bacon wrapped steaks to grill. I'm not all that hungry but need some protein. My hair isn't really short. It's about the length to roll around one of the large foam rollers. I don't use those though. I just blow it out using a brush. There is enough curl to keep the style and give it some volume with a little help from some setting gel. It's actually easier this length than really short. Also doesn't take all the trim jobs involved with shorter hair. This is just a softer look. Wish I could wear it longer but the older I get, the more I look like a floozie with longer blonde hair. Have a good practice. I sang a little today before the pain set in. I think singing is good for the soul.

Speaking of soul--I wanted to buy a new King James Version Bible. I don't want to get it for the Kindle; I prefer to have the actual book. All the ones on Amazon print Christ's words in red. Don't they realize how hard it is to read red print? Good grief! I'm gonna stop at Barnes & Noble and will probably have to pay more for one. If I were staying in a hotel, I'd take one from the room; they like it when people do that. By going to the bookstore, I can see the size of the type too. I hate to go in there because I'll be tempted to buy other books. I need to go to the library to renew my card. We have to do that annually. I want to get some of their DVD's. I also want to find out whether I can borrow the books in the series on the Civil War for my Kindle. When I'm at B&N, I'll run in to Target because they have a great deal again on paper products. I want to use the $10 gift card I got from the last time and get tissues. With my allergies, I go through them pretty fast. I'll get another $10 gift card for buying the tissues. Good grief! Chopra is right about giving (spending) and receiving! :)

My pain is better already. Wishing all y'all a pain free evening.

Love, Mikie

• Love
Reactions: bct

sunflowergirl

Mikie: I've listened to Depok Chopra read his 7 spiritual laws of success many times. Got a lot out of it each time and his voice is very soothing. I've recently dug out my big copy of The Living Bible which is written in our modern day language, extremely easy to read and fast. I can then refer to my King James Bible right next to it.

OK....I need to upgrade my outlook and apparently need my DS to walk me thru it. So I'm going to try posting these

screen shots I took of my little short story....The Doll. Having troubles posting screen shots.....the last one should be overlapping to the middle one. I've tried several times to delete then repost.....sigh. Anyway...here's the whole short story.

Attachments

Last edited:

lydia1

Oh, my goodness! I didn't see that coming, Sun...lol! What a great job with the story.

Was going to catch up, then stay and chat tonight, but I am so tired...worked in the yard quite a bit today. I'll have to try again tomorrow. Den and I are thinking we are seeing the Northern Lights tonight...is that possible?

Hope everyone is doing okay. Gonna try to get to bed and actually get to sleep...I was aching so bad last night that it was 4:00 am when I last looked at the clock. And the ragweed is in full bloom which means regular sinus rinses with saline water and colloidal silver. But at least the temps were pretty nice today.

springwater

Sun - i read the first page and then couldnt open others...i will try later. Spiritualism is unsafe if theyre communicating with people passed over and the mediums are not of high vibration themselves. Then low vibration entities can mimic passed over persons and deceive people.

ouija boards are a big no no. absolute no no. i have a neighbour whose young niece in Boston played the board and days later the piano in her house started playing by itself.

Dolls that move are also used by unseen beings, sometimes for fun sometimes with malicious intent.

In Pranic Healing and other healing modalities, one method to keep out low vibration entities is to keep a Bible open at the verse The Lord is my Shepherd...in ones room. The high vibration of those words and its Source keep bad stuff at bay.

The story you told about people sitting on benches talking to themselves sounds out of a Stephen King novel. creepy as heck. impretty sure Stephen King had some experiences himself.

Mikie - my DD received Deepak Chopras book as a prize for academics when she was in school. :)Their principal was heavy on spirituality like Reiki. She incorporated meditation into the school from early classes and had to issue a memo later to parents that no one was goingto be forced to do it. its how my DD did the junior Art of Living course when she was in class seven..sametime i did the adult one recommended by a friend. i however, took more to Pranic Healing later on because itshands on healing...and my DD followed in my footsteps.

Mikie

Good Thursday Morning, Kids,

Boy did I sleep well. That pain pill did the trick. I needed to break the pain cycle and I needed some good sleep. Finally, I got the FJ question last night. This is a rerun of a championship and I think I remembered the question, which I got right the first time. The FJ questions have been difficult. I'll be glad when the new season begins. They have begun taping them and Alex Trebeck seems to be feeling well. I hope his cancer is gone. Same kind as RBG's latest cancer. I stand in awe of them both.

Sun, that story is great! I really enjoyed reading it and could visualize everything, including the hat. I had one of those Bibles that is written in today's lingo and didn't like it. I'll stop at B&N and find one I want. There are places online that will mail Bibles but many are associated with local churches, one which would send missionaries to my home. Don't want that. Come to think of it, Dollar Tree had Bibles and other books. Don't know why I didn't stop to look last time I was there. Maybe because I was in a lot of pain. All three, DT, B&N and Target are in the same strip mall very close to me. Thanks for sharing your wonderfully chilling story.

Spring, I love to meditate but I usually fall asleep. I have found the Calm app on my phone allows me to almost immediately relax my mind without falling asleep as I listen to the rain or water lapping the shore. The words from the Bible, "Be still and know that I am God," often set the stage for my meditating. Chopra cites them in his book. His latest appearance on PBS was very relaxing and helpful. Same with Dr. Wayne Dyer who has passed but who did such wonderful programs for PBS. I wonder why they don't rerun them because they are timeless.

Julie, my allergies are terrible right now. My voice sounds like Kermit. It alarmed DD when she called. I saw the Northern Lights back in my yute in CO. So, yes, it is possible. They were green and silver and moved like sheer curtains in a breeze. They were amazing. Try not to work too hard and stop back in.

Barry, I see you've been on the Porch. Stop in and tell us how things are there.

Rock, where are you? We miss you.

Star, hope everything is okay with you. Let us know if you can.

Thank goodness I can relax this morning til I go out to shop. I have to clean the fridge before I can put anything away. Everything has come to a standstill while I've been trying to wade through that armoire and had to collapse on the sofa with exhaustion. It will all eventually get done. I hope everydobby has a good day.

Love, Mikie

sunflowergirl

Thanks everyone, glad you liked my little short story. When I write anything I try to put myself into that character while I'm imagining how they would be feeling. I haven't written anything in sooooo long, just can't do everything and time flies.

I took all my matted paintings, tables, easels, etc. down yesterday to where we're having an art sale this weekend. There's a lot of wonderful paintings from my fellow artist friends, just hope we all sell something. I decided I would take two larger matted paintings this morning to add to the two bins of my smaller ones. I've been sleeping awful still so decided by 5:30 I would just get up and start moving.

Julie: About 4 days ago i read that the northern lights could be seen lower for a few nights,
had something to do with the particles in the air from something, don't remember what though. Lucky you!!!!!

Mikie: I've been sneezing so this morning took an echinacea and will take some xtra vit c, hoping I won't get anything more. Glad to read you're making progress on your cleaning out.

Spring: Back in HS ouija boards were a fun thing to have, and I also owned one. But when I became a Christian I tossed it in the trash. There are so many evil spirits hovering around and a ouija board opens one up to evil.

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Made it back from Target but didn't stop anywhere else. The battery died on my key fob so I had to use the key to lock and unlock the doors and hatch. When I unlocked the hatch to put things away at Target, it set off the alarm and it wouldn't stop and the car wouldn't start. I did the weird thing they showed me at the dealership and finally got it to stop and start. I came right home and changed out the battery. At least, I got my tissue at the great price. Target is redoing the whole store and almost everything is in a new spot. I looked for a Bible there but they didn't have them. There is almost no one on the roads. It's eerie.

Sun, hope you do sell some paintings and that it's just allergies attacking you. I haven't felt decent since that virus a couple of weeks ago. I feel shaky and vulnerable. I've had a cough and a bit of trouble breathing. Good grief! If it isn't one thing, it's another. Feel better.

OK, Kids, gotta go find a spot to stash the extra tissue I just bought. I got another $10 gift card and used the one I got last time to help buy these. Such a deal! Hope all y'all are having a great day.

Love, Mikie

This is similar to the Northern Lights I saw but the color was much brighter and there was silver with the green. They were very irridescent. They are caused when particles in our atmosphere collide with charged particles from the sun.

lights.jpeg

Last edited:

Granniluvsu

Just popping n before making dinner. Actually I don't need to eat but DH is always hungary. So I will make some stir fry with some leftover chicken from last night. That is an easy one with leftover rice and some frozen stir fry veggies.

Went with DH to mass in our chapel before our bible study today. They always have loads of food that people take turns bringing in, sandwiches, fruit, chips veggies, salads and desserts of course, I ate to much but it was delicious. Came home and did a few things before making dinner.

MIKIE - Sorry you are feeling yucky still or a little worse with some breathing difficulties. Hope that clears up fast. At least you have lots of extra tissues on hand. We buy ours in Sams and they come with a bunch in a box so I have them around for awhile even if it is not the puffs you get. Sorry aso about your key battery dying. That is awful, I know. Glad you were able to get home OK so you could change it. Guess you had one on hand.

SUN - Good luck on selling some of your paintings. You do some lovely work you should but them it depeds on the person looking what they like.

Need to go start dinner,

Love to awl,

Granni :D

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Good grief! I typed the H three times and every time, it highlighted and disappeared. I'm sooo tired. Read an article in the e-newsletter from PH which stated that itching all over can be an FMS symptom. My FMS has been acting up lately and the itching has been awful. Well, now I know why.

Looks as though Dorian is hitting Charleston and Myrtle Beach right now. As always, I pray for those in harm's way and hope my friend, Richard, is okay. This has been a horrible storm.

Granni, yes, I ended up paying 64 cents per box of Puffs with lotion. I get the little cube boxes. That's a saving of $1 a box over what Publix sells them for. I have looked and looked and compared and Target is the cheapest per box of anywhere because of the gift cards. Same for the toilet tissue and paper towels. I stock up on them and save. Also, it's nice to have them on hand and not have to worry about buying them all the time. That lunch sounds yummy! I had a couple of the right size batteries in the fridge. The fobs use one size and my digital thermometer uses a different size. My car alarm is an after market installation from the dealership when I bought the car. It's a good alarm but if anything sets it off, it's a bear to get reset. Geez, your stir fry dinner sounds good too.

OK, I'm outta here. I had a nice nap earlier. I tried to read but fell asleep. Guess I must need it. Hope everydobby has a lovely evening.

Love, Mikie

sunflowergirl

Mikie: OMG, one of my favorite cities is Charleston. I pray for everyone hit by this Dorian. I just haven't been sleeping thru the night, still. I ran some things to the art show this morning and glad I did. Some of the fellow artist came in after me and one was there before me, struggling to put together a metal easel. I read the instructions outloud.....we still couldn't figure out even the pictures.....made in china! Every part of the easel picture was labeled A........one of the other guys came in and we gave it to him to figure out.

I ate some leftover chinese soup I had made last night. Cooked chicken cubes, stir fried veggies, some seasonings then I added some prepared chicken broth, brought to a boil then added some chinese cellophane noodles. Really turned out good using all kinds of things put together in a pot. I think I slept about 30 min. But I'm still feeling really tired.

I just talked to the artist in charge of everything. Poor girl is still there trying to organize. I had forgotten about my lightweight easel which is a tripod with attachments, so I guess I'll run it in tomorrow in case anyone needs to use it.